Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 137 of 137
  1. #101
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    27,556
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Not that I'm defending this bike in any way, but people can do a lot if they change their minds. We're conditioned by bike shops, magazines, blogs, etc... to think of weight as being mission critical, but it really isn't.

    Some of the best, most memorable rides I've ever had have been on bikes weighing 75# or more. The single most memorable trip I'll ever do had my bike weighing 150# at the start.
    So you would ride the Iditarod on this Costco bike?

  2. #102
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    So you would ride the Iditarod on this Costco bike?

    Not what I said. Quality is different from weight, I think even you can understand that on some level.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: baltobrewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Not that I'm defending this bike in any way, but people can do a lot if they change their minds. We're conditioned by bike shops, magazines, blogs, etc... to think of weight as being mission critical, but it really isn't.

    Some of the best, most memorable rides I've ever had have been on bikes weighing 75# or more. The single most memorable trip I'll ever do had my bike weighing 150# at the start.
    ^^ This. To go in a slightly different direction, for some people who are just starting out, and for whom fitness may be, ahem, a challenge, their own weight will have a far larger impact than the bike's weight. The market for people buying Costco bikes is not *us*. It's people for whom a bike may never have before been a pathway to physical fitness (this may indeed be their first *ever* pathway to physical fitness). No one who buys a bike at Costco will likely go to a bike shop and drop anywhere north of $500 on anything. But if buying a Costco bike gets them to drop some weight, get more physically fit, and get them to love biking, then maybe they go from the Costco Pig to something better, and by doing so, everyone benefits. Can't see how that's a bad thing. As long as they put the forks on the right way.

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by baltobrewer View Post
    ^^ This. To go in a slightly different direction, for some people who are just starting out, and for whom fitness may be, ahem, a challenge, their own weight will have a far larger impact than the bike's weight. The market for people buying Costco bikes is not *us*. It's people for whom a bike may never have before been a pathway to physical fitness (this may indeed be their first *ever* pathway to physical fitness). No one who buys a bike at Costco will likely go to a bike shop and drop anywhere north of $500 on anything. But if buying a Costco bike gets them to drop some weight, get more physically fit, and get them to love biking, then maybe they go from the Costco Pig to something better, and by doing so, everyone benefits. Can't see how that's a bad thing. As long as they put the forks on the right way.
    I think mine weighs in at 49Lbs, I've put a few hundred miles on it, trails only. The past 3 winters have been much more fun. Wanna see my 6pack?

    Anything that gets people out and about is a plus. Without a full set of tools though these bikes can be a bit of a challenge.

    New Low at Costco-unnamed-2-.jpg


    I am however looking at that Framed Montana FS as a new summer bike, bit of a step in the lighter direction will be cool too.

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by baltobrewer View Post
    ^^ This. To go in a slightly different direction, for some people who are just starting out, and for whom fitness may be, ahem, a challenge, their own weight will have a far larger impact than the bike's weight. The market for people buying Costco bikes is not *us*. It's people for whom a bike may never have before been a pathway to physical fitness (this may indeed be their first *ever* pathway to physical fitness). No one who buys a bike at Costco will likely go to a bike shop and drop anywhere north of $500 on anything. But if buying a Costco bike gets them to drop some weight, get more physically fit, and get them to love biking, then maybe they go from the Costco Pig to something better, and by doing so, everyone benefits. Can't see how that's a bad thing. As long as they put the forks on the right way.
    well said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Not that I'm defending this bike in any way, but people can do a lot if they change their minds. We're conditioned by bike shops, magazines, blogs, etc... to think of weight as being mission critical, but it really isn't.

    Some of the best, most memorable rides I've ever had have been on bikes weighing 75# or more. The single most memorable trip I'll ever do had my bike weighing 150# at the start.
    I don't doubt any of this as a clyde who's no weight weenie.

    That said, weight can matter. I can't imagine hauling big box heavy metal through the rockgardens here in hilly PA. It would suck.

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb411 View Post
    A whole calliphate of mtbr fanatics are going nuts right now because their precious "elite" "pro" 1X drivetrains are showing up on f$cking walmart and costco garbage $150 and $300 bikes LMFAO!!!!

    Now the mtbr cult will go BACK to 2X and 3X!

    A fad is a fad.
    Yeah I don't think that's what's happening here at all.

  8. #108
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    27,556
    There's a difference between a heavy bike and a heavy bike that is a pile of junk (parts won't hold up or are of south lousy quality that one gets a bad taste from relatively little experience).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtimo View Post
    I got the northrock xc00 aluminum frame fat bike at costco last week. That's the bike that weights 35 lbs. $299 + tax
    I think my pugsley is up around 45#. Original DH large marge rims don't help I don't think...

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    9
    Right, so there are 2 bikes at Costco. The problem is, in store, they probably only have one or the other. Online they don't even list the steel frame. The "Bronco" which is steel frame, lower quality drivetrain, weighs a good 45+ lbs. It is $199.
    Then there is the Northrock xc00 aluminum frame, shimano altus drivetrain, velo saddle and grips, KMC chain, and tektro mechanical disc brakes. It is 35lbs, and either $299 in store or $369 online (shipping included). For the money, it isn't a bad setup. I picked up the Northrock for my middle schooler who wanted a fat bike and something better than his current crappy BMX he has had for years. I certainly wouldn't take it over my Mukluk, but consider the cost. And I certainly wasn't going to spend more than $500 for a bike for a middle schooler who is still growing. I don't think you can find a better fatbike for anywhere near the price of the Northrock, and for many people, it will be all they ever need.

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jeff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley View Post
    Right, so there are 2 bikes at Costco. The problem is, in store, they probably only have one or the other. Online they don't even list the steel frame. The "Bronco" which is steel frame, lower quality drivetrain, weighs a good 45+ lbs. It is $199.
    Then there is the Northrock xc00 aluminum frame, shimano altus drivetrain, velo saddle and grips, KMC chain, and tektro mechanical disc brakes. It is 35lbs, and either $299 in store or $369 online (shipping included). For the money, it isn't a bad setup. I picked up the Northrock for my middle schooler who wanted a fat bike and something better than his current crappy BMX he has had for years. I certainly wouldn't take it over my Mukluk, but consider the cost. And I certainly wasn't going to spend more than $500 for a bike for a middle schooler who is still growing. I don't think you can find a better fatbike for anywhere near the price of the Northrock, and for many people, it will be all they ever need.
    Stop being factual and logical on the internet. It's not allowed.
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

    16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

    Minneapolis MN

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    93
    The problem I see with this bike (really all department store bikes) is that they are not targeted at people like anyone on this forum. They go to people who have no idea that the bike is cheap or that it was assembled by someone who assembles grills for minimum wage. The danger is when you take your sweet new Costco bike with the fork on backwards and that has never seen a torque wrench and rip it down the cool trail you found on trail forks. Who knows, the bike could hold up just fine but there's a reason most department store bikes in Canada come with a sticker saying "not for off-road use"

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jeff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    613
    My assumption is that this bike is not sold assembled and has copious disclaimers that suggest you pay a professional $200 to assemble your $300 bike or you will likely die and we are not even remotely responsible if that happens.
    "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

    16' Trek 8.4 DS
    16' Farley 7
    and I'm OK admitting..
    16' Sturgis

    Minneapolis MN

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter-01 View Post
    The problem I see with this bike (really all department store bikes) is that they are not targeted at people like anyone on this forum. They go to people who have no idea that the bike is cheap or that it was assembled by someone who assembles grills for minimum wage. The danger is when you take your sweet new Costco bike with the fork on backwards and that has never seen a torque wrench and rip it down the cool trail you found on trail forks. Who knows, the bike could hold up just fine but there's a reason most department store bikes in Canada come with a sticker saying "not for off-road use"
    As far as I know, Costco doesn't even offer an assembly service for the bike. They didn't offer me one. You can either do it yourself, or if you are not inclined, a bike shop will do it for $75 (no hydraulics, pretty straight forward build). I don't see how the Northrock is any different from buying something from bikes direct. The spec is a bit lower than what they sell, but so is the price. As long as you know what you are getting.
    Honestly, I expect the bike would hold up just fine for the trail use a novice might be willing to take it on. It's pretty simple components. 1x7 and rigid with mechanical disk brakes.

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4
    Northrock Bike is sold mostly assembled. I assembled it last week:
    All of the brake/shifter cables were already good to go, all you have to do is:
    Put on quick release front wheel
    Handlebars
    Reflectors
    Pedals

  16. #116
    Rednose/Greenback
    Reputation: apbtlvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    322
    When I walked into that Costco, it was the tire sticking out that caught my eye. The sheer surprise at seeing an actual fat bike there, for $200 no less, is why I posted. But maybe the title suggested snobbery on my part that I didn't intend. Just wanted to share my surprise.

    It is this forum I'd credit with getting me into fat bikes. I lurked for a few years but in 2011, pulled the trigger on a Fatback. To some extent, it was because none of my LBS's were interested in building a Pugsley. I was and remain a clydesdale (265) and a robust wheelset was at the foundation of what I needed. That particular advice came from this forum. It holds true. I also knew that was going to cost some $$. Conversations with folks at Speedway mentioned plenty of big AK guys riding UMA wheels without any issues and I pulled the trigger. Peter Basinger actually built that bike and shipped to me. And it remains a superb build to this day. Did I get my $$ worth? Hell yes. Did the market for fats explode since then? Hell yes. No regrets however.

    But I still wanted a pugs. When a nice green single speed showed up in cl last summer, I checked it out just to ride but and loved it from the get go. The medium frame fit me great and I thought the spousal unit might like it too - justification for a 2nd fat. 100 miles convinced me single speed was too much on aging knees however, so I got an Alfine 8. I love this setup now and and ride it the most. My wife likes it too, so both bikes get ridden.

    The person buying that $200 bronco may not read this forum or much care to for that matter. It would be a cheap ride for beach week vacations or for a kid's first fat bike. But if they stay interested in the bikes, they would do well to visit here for the wealth of information and experience that resides. Especially with regards to upgrades...
    38° 54' -77° 15

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,259
    In for long-term reviews.

  18. #118
    uhhhhhyea
    Reputation: lpranal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMachinist View Post
    In for long-term reviews.
    I bought this thing after looking it over thoroughly in Costco (probably no other store I'd feel comfortable taking everything apart like I did!). Just some perspective as to where I'm coming from, I rode a walgoose as my 'winter beater' commuter for 2 years and was fine with that for what it was after a set of $40 used panaracer fat-b-nimbles and some DH tubes, which shaved a couple pounds off the weight.

    The northrock is a different beast. Pretty much everything is a substantial upgrade from my old hitch. Aluminum frame. Sealed bottom bracket. Everything was greased, and all bolts were tightened properly. Brakes are crisp and surprisingly, dialed in from the factory. Not as good as the bb7's on my main rig but there was a decent amount of stopping power (enough to lock up both wheels from a decent roll) Metal brake levers (yay, no more plastic!). No more grip shifters, and shifting was actually perfectly dialed in out of the box, which was also pretty surprising. Much better packaging (there was even a plastic 'spacer' in the fork- didn't have to bend it back into shape like I did with the hitch)

    The 7 speed freewheel is probably the biggest downfall of this bike, although for $300 I don't see how you can exepect anything other than the most basic wheelset. If they last through a winter of commuting, I'll be happy.

    I didn't expect to, but I'm actually considering trying some decent wheels on this thing and trying out some trails. I really only wanted something that was a little bit better on the 2 miles of snowy trail back and forth to work. Anything beyond that is a bonus, but in my short time with it so far it's surprisingly well built.

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    125
    Looks like a nice bike for the price. I've had and sold a dolomite and a vinson. Wish I had the vinson back. I got it for around$400 if I remember for black friday. I think it blows away any fattie under $600 personally. This northrock looks promising though. Wish I had a bigger garage
    2016 Moto Fantom

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal View Post
    I bought this thing after looking it over thoroughly in Costco (probably no other store I'd feel comfortable taking everything apart like I did!). Just some perspective as to where I'm coming from, I rode a walgoose as my 'winter beater' commuter for 2 years and was fine with that for what it was after a set of $40 used panaracer fat-b-nimbles and some DH tubes, which shaved a couple pounds off the weight.

    The northrock is a different beast. Pretty much everything is a substantial upgrade from my old hitch. Aluminum frame. Sealed bottom bracket. Everything was greased, and all bolts were tightened properly. Brakes are crisp and surprisingly, dialed in from the factory. Not as good as the bb7's on my main rig but there was a decent amount of stopping power (enough to lock up both wheels from a decent roll) Metal brake levers (yay, no more plastic!). No more grip shifters, and shifting was actually perfectly dialed in out of the box, which was also pretty surprising. Much better packaging (there was even a plastic 'spacer' in the fork- didn't have to bend it back into shape like I did with the hitch)

    The 7 speed freewheel is probably the biggest downfall of this bike, although for $300 I don't see how you can exepect anything other than the most basic wheelset. If they last through a winter of commuting, I'll be happy.

    I didn't expect to, but I'm actually considering trying some decent wheels on this thing and trying out some trails. I really only wanted something that was a little bit better on the 2 miles of snowy trail back and forth to work. Anything beyond that is a bonus, but in my short time with it so far it's surprisingly well built.
    Thanks for the review, I'm thinking of buying this one too -- unfortunately I'd have to pay the higher online price since none of the local Costcos carry it for me.

    I have a Northrock XC6 for around 5 years and it held up fine for me. All I replaced was a seat, but that was right off the bat.

    I wonder if a more expensive Fatty might make more sense...

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstemp View Post
    I wonder if a more expensive Fatty might make more sense...
    I've ridden other guys' lower-end-but-not-quite-big-box fatbikes and I've later bought a couple more expensive ones (Specialized Fatboy Pro Trail and a 9:zero:7 Whiteout) of my own. I ride only fatbikes yearround for 25-40 miles at a shot on different terrain. There IS a difference and to me it's worth the extra $.

    As I said before, I like Costco and its quality and this bike is probably a great value for light or occasional use. I'm not sure how it would hold up to serious long-term riding.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal View Post
    I bought this thing after looking it over thoroughly in Costco (probably no other store I'd feel comfortable taking everything apart like I did!). Just some perspective as to where I'm coming from, I rode a walgoose as my 'winter beater' commuter for 2 years and was fine with that for what it was after a set of $40 used panaracer fat-b-nimbles and some DH tubes, which shaved a couple pounds off the weight.

    The northrock is a different beast. Pretty much everything is a substantial upgrade from my old hitch. Aluminum frame. Sealed bottom bracket. Everything was greased, and all bolts were tightened properly. Brakes are crisp and surprisingly, dialed in from the factory. Not as good as the bb7's on my main rig but there was a decent amount of stopping power (enough to lock up both wheels from a decent roll) Metal brake levers (yay, no more plastic!). No more grip shifters, and shifting was actually perfectly dialed in out of the box, which was also pretty surprising. Much better packaging (there was even a plastic 'spacer' in the fork- didn't have to bend it back into shape like I did with the hitch)

    The 7 speed freewheel is probably the biggest downfall of this bike, although for $300 I don't see how you can exepect anything other than the most basic wheelset. If they last through a winter of commuting, I'll be happy.

    I didn't expect to, but I'm actually considering trying some decent wheels on this thing and trying out some trails. I really only wanted something that was a little bit better on the 2 miles of snowy trail back and forth to work. Anything beyond that is a bonus, but in my short time with it so far it's surprisingly well built.
    Thanks for that. I'm really close to buying one, just for a fun bike.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal View Post
    The 7 speed freewheel is probably the biggest downfall of this bike, although for $300 I don't see how you can exepect anything other than the most basic wheelset. If they last through a winter of commuting, I'll be happy.
    BTW, since I know nothing about upgrades... can freewheels be readily upgraded or does it depend on the bike? I heard 1x11 for ideal for fat bikes in terms of range.

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4
    What most of you that are bashing this bike don't realize is that Costco has the best refund warranty. You could literally destroy this bike over the course of several years and return it for an exchange or your full money back.

  25. #125
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,805
    I was in Costco yesterday and they were priced at $150. That starts to be really tempting but I really don't need one and already have nine bikes in the basement. I'm surprised I haven't seen any on my local trails.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by spf808 View Post
    What most of you that are bashing this bike don't realize is that Costco has the best refund warranty. You could literally destroy this bike over the course of several years and return it for an exchange or your full money back.
    It's not the bike I'm worried about breaking. It's cheap enough not to cry over, broken bones on the other hand....

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tonyride1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    865
    I challenge anyone to break the steel frame on that Bronco bike. I bet you can't even if you tried.
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by spf808 View Post
    What most of you that are bashing this bike don't realize is that Costco has the best refund warranty. You could literally destroy this bike over the course of several years and return it for an exchange or your full money back.
    Anyone who buys it with that in mind is a jerk. Can't stand people who do that stuff.

    We had a college professor here in town who taught business, yes business. He'd buy something from the local Trek store and return it months later for a full refund. Did it many times, used it up, then returned it, and this guy taught business at a college. How out of touch do you have to be to think that's OK?

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tonyride1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedaddict View Post
    Anyone who buys it with that in mind is a jerk. Can't stand people who do that stuff.

    We had a college professor here in town who taught business, yes business. He'd buy something from the local Trek store and return it months later for a full refund. Did it many times, used it up, then returned it, and this guy taught business at a college. How out of touch do you have to be to think that's OK?
    I agree 100%.
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

  30. #130
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedaddict View Post
    Anyone who buys it with that in mind is a jerk. Can't stand people who do that stuff.

    We had a college professor here in town who taught business, yes business. He'd buy something from the local Trek store and return it months later for a full refund. Did it many times, used it up, then returned it, and this guy taught business at a college. How out of touch do you have to be to think that's OK?
    Agreed, that's just passing the cost to all the other consumers in the form of higher prices to cover jerks that do that.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    agreed, that's just passing the cost to all the other consumers in the form of higher prices to cover jerks that do that.
    exactly!!

  32. #132
    uhhhhhyea
    Reputation: lpranal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    286
    Just a quick update to the review. Been riding this bike every day, to and from work for the past 5 months without a single hiccup. Made a few changes since I've decided to stick with it as my year-round commuter, should be obvious in the picture, but here are my 'upgrades':

    • vee speedster 26 x 3.5 tires. w/ 26" DH tubes - faster rolling and lighter than stock
    • knockoff ergon grips from china
    • longer stem (I'm 6'3") and riser bars. super comfortable cockpit.
    • 175mm LX cranks from my parts bin. was worried about them clearing the tires, but they had plenty of room even on the stock 4" tires. I keep the chain on the 42t big ring most days and gearing is fine even for the couple small hills I ride
    • Ibera pakrak and random snap-on fat-friendly fenders
    • Longer seatpost (new takeoff from a niner at my LBS)


    As I said it's held up great so far and is a commuting / 'urban assault' beast. I'll be switching out the tires once it snows and give this thing a go on some local trails. Based on how bombproof everything's been so far, I don't anticipate any issues, but we'll see.
    New Low at Costco-img_20171023_213434.jpg

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeedaddict View Post
    Anyone who buys it with that in mind is a jerk. Can't stand people who do that stuff.

    We had a college professor here in town who taught business, yes business. He'd buy something from the local Trek store and return it months later for a full refund. Did it many times, used it up, then returned it, and this guy taught business at a college. How out of touch do you have to be to think that's OK?
    basically they teach because they can't do.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    81
    You get what you pay for but a bikes only as good as it's rider. The reason I wanted a fat bike was seeing this guy ride wheelies for blocks and do all kinds of tricks in NYC and he is doing it on a 200 dollar mongoose

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    It's an honest bike from what I saw at Costco. I didn't ride it around, but with proper assembly and tuning it might be a good cottage/vacation home bike or commuter if you don't want to get winter road grime on your top shelf fattie. Besides, I'd rather see more of these on the trail than fat e-bikes.
    "Wait- I am confused" - SDMTB'er

  36. #136
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,347
    I'll consider something like that for my wife and just add her comfort seat from her townie bike.
    She won't be slamming trails or wearing it out and it'll prove to be pretty comfortable for her I think. After getting her a 700c cruiser, I switched tires to 29" x 2.0 so she felt more stable on the gravel paths.
    Going to plus or fat would be ideal and add some cush.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    81
    Yea I bought a dolomite for my older son for the same reason he only rides around town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Costco Has Merino
    By Enduramil in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 10:33 AM
  2. Costco just got FAT
    By OCDKV in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2014, 02:28 PM
  3. Diamondback at Costco
    By hard09712 in forum Diamondback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM
  4. Costco has beer!
    By Nelson34 in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
  5. Costco Northrock XT6
    By jimprice9 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:46 AM

Members who have read this thread: 166

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •