Norđwegr

New Fatbike rider :)

Started reading about them, watched most of youtube and got really amped about getting one after I tried one out.. Then I visited the websites of different manufacturers and my jaw dropped, never had I expected the pricetags that popped up.

Some time passed and I randomly walked into a store and there it was, it took a couple of visits before I walked out with it, but when I did and pedaled away I did so with a grin on my face. In the end this kickass bike only cost me $1400 (including 25% tax) well within reason for something that I'll ride for fun. (A new pugsley would be almost double)

Ever since it has continued to blow my mind in terms of performance, it's so different from the XC oriented Scalpel that I normally ride.

I'm a happy new fatbike user!

PS- Diamant and Nakamura fatbikes are the same and the above is a mk1 prototype, full release of the mk2 in Norway will be in september. Norco is apparently doing a prototype based on this design aswell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Fatbike rider :)-e40c4bb1-41ed-4410-8877-680949324dec-4411-000002e99ed6d74f_zpsfa7f024a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Very cool. Any idea of the weight?

PRETENDURO
    Welcome to the world of fat. You’ll be here a while; once you go fat, you never look back.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

addicted to chunk
    Welcome to the club
    Riding.....

banned
    Aug 2012
    That thing is just screaming to be all black ... Enjoy riding over what others cannot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks cool, the tyres look like they might not be too grippy, but that is easily remedied!!

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Scotsman View Post
    Looks cool, the tyres look like they might not be too grippy, but that is easily remedied!!
    Indeed, they're awful on rocks and roots. They do alright but nothing more on dry dirt so I won't change them til I have a reason to put on spiked winter tires. Perhaps I'll get some proper summer tires for next season. though.

Here's some new updates:

The weight is around 14,5kg I believe.