mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New e13 TRS+ Fatbike Crank

Another fat crank option from e13: TRS+ Fatbike cranks 170mm

They have a removable spider so you can run their direct mount single or double rings like on their TRS Race cranks. Woulda been cool if they sold a version like that or arms only so you could go that route from the start. Still, looks like a pretty good unit.

$329
    802g w/BB (not included)
    22/36t
    74.8mm chainline

New e13  TRS+ Fatbike Crank-trsp_double_4.jpg

mtbr member
    sharp

mtbr member
    need to buy cranks and these are top of the list, wish they would hurry up and come out already
    Josh

Elitest thrill junkie
    Sweet, looks to be about as heavy as the RF turbines and much more expensive too!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by emp? View Post
    need to buy cranks and these are top of the list, wish they would hurry up and come out already
    They're available. e13 told me they have them, and Bikeman said to call vs. order from the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Sweet, looks to be about as heavy as the RF turbines and much more expensive too!
    RF Turbine double is 950g and around $320 with rings and BB. e13 can be had for $300 + $50 for BB. I could find the extra $30 under my sofa cushions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    They're available. e13 told me they have them, and Bikeman said to call vs. order from the web.

RF Turbine double is 950g and around $320 with rings and BB. e13 can be had for $300 + $50 for BB. I could find the extra $30 under my sofa cushions.
    where exactly is your sofa located sir?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    where exactly is your sofa located sir?
    Directly under my lazy a$$.

mtbr member
    They have a removable spider so you can run their direct mount single or double rings like on their TRS Race cranks. Woulda been cool if they sold a version like that or arms only so you could go that route from the start.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trsp_double_4.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	836941
    um the the std TRS *is* like that. Spider is removable.

We spec them on our bikes. I have a single direct mount ring up front and XX1 down the back.

Works a treat!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by emp? View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MuruCycles View Post
    um the the std TRS *is* like that. Spider is removable.

We spec them on our bikes. I have a single direct mount ring up front and XX1 down the back.

Works a treat!
    Thanks, I did not know that. So only difference between TRS and TRS+ is a little lighter and gold parts? Do they sell the regular TRS with a single or arms-only?

mtbr member
    Thanks, I did not know that. So only difference between TRS and TRS+ is a little lighter and gold parts? Do they sell the regular TRS with a single or arms-only?
    the only difference is that the TRS+ is lighter and has the gold spindle correct.

I can't comment on what is available aftermarket. We get our cranks OEM from e*thirteen and so we can spec them anyway we want.

So far, we have done double 22/36 combos. But we will start to offer our bikes with X01 and the new single rings I think.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Gunna doubt that, first of all these are all solid metal cranks, no hollow forged, no carbon fiber, so unless E13 has skimped on the cranks, I doubt there's much difference and a granny ring weighs about 25-30g, the 36t weighs 40g, so we got 760+70=830g. Not bad for the set, that's including the arms, BB, rings, etc.

But on the subject of price, you've got to be kidding me. $350 or more for this technology? These ain't carbon cranks. These ain't hollow forged cranks. You can get the RF set for around $200, including BB. Then add some rings, price is still way down there.

Edit: I see where you got the 950g RF weight now, which included a bashguard. Not really apples to apples it seems.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Gunna doubt that, first of all these are all solid metal cranks, no hollow forged, no carbon fiber, so unless E13 has skimped on the cranks, I doubt there's much difference and a granny ring weighs about 25-30g, the 36t weighs 40g, so we got 760+70=830g. Not bad for the set, that's including the arms, BB, rings, etc.

But on the subject of price, you've got to be kidding me. $350 or more for this technology? These ain't carbon cranks. These ain't hollow forged cranks. You can get the RF set for around $200, including BB. Then add some rings, price is still way down there.

Edit: I see where you got the 950g RF weight now, which included a bashguard. Not really apples to apples it seems.
    Oops, missed the bashguard. No way of knowing what the actual weights are for either crank unless somebody puts it on a scale. RF chainrings aren't cheap. I just bought a 22/32 set for $80.

I found the direct mount feature interesting, especially the direct mount double. Seems like it might offer meaningful weight reductions, and it looks clean. I was hoping they'd do a fat version of the TRS Race crank:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Bearing durability seem to be an issue for e13 cranks...just saying.
    Remember - Brakes only slow you down and gears are over-rated.

Bottom Bracket Biking Adventures

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NurdBoy View Post
    Bearing durability seem to be an issue for e13 cranks...just saying.
    Seems to be true of ALL BB bearings. I've got a couple thousand miles on mine with no problems. The e13's are sensitive to proper setup (shell facing, spacers, pre-load, and torque).