Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 273
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    662
    Your blurb has more info, some good like price and some not so good like OE only.

    Sometimes if a company helps with the development cost they get an exclusive for a pre determined period of time. Hopefully that is not the case here. It would be a bummer if three or four brands lock in and nobody else gets them for awhile.

    "Color: Black, White (OE only), Diffusion Black (OE only)"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post

  2. #52
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,199
    I'm just glad that RockShox was the first to pull the trigger. My pike is so much better than any fox fork I have owned , in the last couple of years shimano and fox have been about as exciting as a gold buick.
    I am slow therefore I am

  3. #53
    Location: SouthPole of MN
    Reputation: duggus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    It would be a bummer if three or four brands lock in and nobody else gets them for awhile.

    "Color: Black, White (OE only), Diffusion Black (OE only)"
    I think that means the gloss black will be available for individual sale, but the "diffusion" black and white will be OE only.

  4. #54
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt-Orange View Post
    I'm just glad that RockShox was the first to pull the trigger. My pike is so much better than any fox fork I have owned , in the last couple of years shimano and fox have been about as exciting as a gold buick.
    How about a pimpin gold Buick?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Bluto Thread!-30655730006_large.jpg  

    And I love beer!!

  5. #55
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,199
    thats just the overpriced Yumeya edition
    I am slow therefore I am

  6. #56
    AOK
    AOK is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AOK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,285

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    597
    MSRP $643 or $711 with remote lockout! Damn, for that price, I'm putting it on all my bikes, even the cyclocross.

    But seriously, that is cheaper than I expected and exactly in line with what I am willing to pay for a fat suspension fork.

  8. #58
    MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Reputation: Gigantic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,191
    Tapered only?
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

  9. #59
    Location: SouthPole of MN
    Reputation: duggus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,378
    Yeah I noticed that too. It is tapered only everywhere I have seen it announced.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    662
    Ah yes. That makes sense. I did a quick read in between bites of my sandwich and overlooked the "diffusion" color distinction.

    Good eye, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    I think that means the gloss black will be available for individual sale, but the "diffusion" black and white will be OE only.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    Tapered only?
    I've seen references to a 1 1/8" steerer option. I haven't confirmed that though. My gut feeling is they want to sell a bunch of these and not doing a 1 1/8" would cut out a big part of the fatbike legacy market so it wouldn't seem like a smart move.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  12. #62
    MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Reputation: Gigantic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I've seen references to a 1 1/8" steerer option. I haven't confirmed that though. My gut feeling is they want to sell a bunch of these and not doing a 1 1/8" would cut out a big part of the fatbike legacy market so it wouldn't seem like a smart move.
    I've seen unconfirmed references, but the ones we're seeing today seem to come from official-ish sources. I agree, not having a 1-1/8 option cuts out a ton of the market, arguably a majority of the bikes out there, but it might also cut liabilities... I'm hoping that's not the case; I'm ready for a new fork, I'm not prepared to buy a new frame just yet.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    I've seen unconfirmed references, but the ones we're seeing today seem to come from official-ish sources. I agree, not having a 1-1/8 option cuts out a ton of the market, arguably a majority of the bikes out there, but it might also cut liabilities... I'm hoping that's not the case; I'm ready for a new fork, I'm not prepared to buy a new frame just yet.
    You can run a tapered steerer fork in a 1 1/8" HT, but it will jack up the front end even more as you'll need to run the lower bearing external to the HT. It will depend how long the rigid fork on your frame is to determine how slack that front end will be.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    I've seen unconfirmed references, but the ones we're seeing today seem to come from official-ish sources. I agree, not having a 1-1/8 option cuts out a ton of the market, arguably a majority of the bikes out there, but it might also cut liabilities... I'm hoping that's not the case; I'm ready for a new fork, I'm not prepared to buy a new frame just yet.
    Liability doesn't seem like a concern. There was never a problem with 1-1/8" street tubes failing.

    My guess is that it is dependent on projected sales volume and the cost to manufacture/inventory twice as many models of the fork. Given that geometry of the straight headtube frames is generally not suspension corrected, it wouldn't be a good match anyway. And then there is the issue of existing front wheels/hubs not working with the fork.

    Thus, if I were in charge of this at rockshox, I would choose to only manufacture tapered steer tubes blutos.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    You can run a tapered steerer fork in a 1 1/8" HT, but it will jack up the front end even more as you'll need to run the lower bearing external to the HT. It will depend how long the rigid fork on your frame is to determine how slack that front end will be.
    This is only partially true to my knowledge...the 1 1/8" headtube has to be a 44mm ID Zero Stack to make this work. I don't think there is any way to run a tapered steer tube in a "standard" 34mm ID 1 1/8" headtube.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    This is only partially true to my knowledge...the 1 1/8" headtube has to be a 44mm ID Zero Stack to make this work. I don't think there is any way to run a tapered steer tube in a "standard" 34mm ID 1 1/8" headtube.
    +1 - Good catch. Ya that would rule out most legacy fatbikes...definitely my Pugs.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    ...definitely my Pugs.
    As well as my 2012 Mukluk.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    662
    Are those 4.8's on hundies?

    On a more serious note I heard 30 days for availability.

    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    How about a pimpin gold Buick?

  19. #69
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,324
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    Are those 4.8's on hundies?

    On a more serious note I heard 30 days for availability.
    Nope it's a new undisclosed standard that I can't talk about till next year.
    And I love beer!!

  20. #70
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,324
    Now that all the excitement is over all I'm left with is some soiled undies and a handful of dreams.
    And I love beer!!

  21. #71
    Clueless Bastard
    Reputation: WA-CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    457
    Nice Job RS crew! On the BG it will go.

    Still waiting on affordable carbon tubeless rims. Come on, Nextie, round two, please.

    This looks cool too! Salsa Cycles

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Velobike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Now that all the excitement is over all I'm left with is some soiled undies and a handful of dreams.
    Unhand your dreams, sir.

    No wonder your undies are soiled...
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

  23. #73
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,199
    The real question no one is asking is it fat tandem certified
    I am slow therefore I am

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17
    The real question for me is when will it be available......

  25. #75
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,324
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb123 View Post
    The real question for me is when will it be available......
    I can't say due to the fact I want to make sure I get one.
    And I love beer!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bluto - Thread Deleted?
    By dfiler in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 08:28 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
  3. Bullit photo thread (Merged thread)
    By Pete in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •