Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat907 View Post
    Has anyone tried to change the travel to 80mm yet?........what air pressure and weight
    why do you need to change to 80mm? did you get the 100mm and find it too long?

mtbr member
    Yeah ....right now we put the air tube in from a 26" Sid and it's at 63mm with sag and the a-c is 469 which is 1mm over stock...and that's with an external cup lower race which adds 12mm by its self

Loser
    Some have said the Bluto is "just a suspension fork", which is entirely true. The bikes we're putting these on is a different animal than your standard mountain bike given the large amount of squish in the tires - again, obvious, but that makes me wonder how the two would interact.

There's a good review here that kind of goes into it (with a bit of a faux pas with regards to the amount of squish you get from fat tires): Rock Shox Bluto: Ride Impressions

Its probably pushed me over the edge in wanting to buy one.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    Some have said the Bluto is "just a suspension fork", which is entirely true. The bikes we're putting these on is a different animal than your standard mountain bike given the large amount of squish in the tires - again, obvious, but that makes me wonder how the two would interact.
    ^^^This^^^
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    great review!

rog

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if there is a link, video or service manual that shows how to convert the fork from 100mm to 120mm?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm a travel addict, so I'm ordering a 120mm Bluto for my On-One fatty frame to go with the enduro style.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Rode Kettle Moraine, Wisc trails yesterday on my Farly/Bluto and it's official I am in love with Fat Bike suspension. For my trail networks this is the go to bike and I am looking forward to testing it next at Brown County in Indiana.
    Marty-mj
    Dakar 650b Pro Full Squish & Trek Farley Fat Bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Re: New Bluto Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by zepp3lin View Post
    I'm a travel addict, so I'm ordering a 120mm Bluto for my On-One fatty frame to go with the enduro style.
    Let us know how it fits and rides and whether it changes the geometry of the bike much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Do they make the Bluto in a non tapered 1 1/8" steerer. I keep seeing pictures of them on regular straight tube front ends ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New Bluto Thread!

There all tapered
    Marty-mj

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    Do they make the Bluto in a non tapered 1 1/8" steerer. I keep seeing pictures of them on regular straight tube front ends ?
    No what you are probably seeing is 44mm head tubes which work with both strait and tapered.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    No what you are probably seeing is 44mm head tubes which work with both strait and tapered.
    Do you know which brands have that tube in them. My friend impulse bought one off e bay and I thought his frame options were limited to ones like my Beargrease. I could have got him a Mukluk frame cheap but they are limited to 1 1/8". I have my Holy rolling Darrels to sell him if he finds a frame with a 170mm rear and a usable head tube.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Do you know which brands have that tube in them. My friend impulse bought one off e bay and I thought his frame options were limited to ones like my Beargrease. I could have got him a Mukluk frame cheap but they are limited to 1 1/8". I have my Holy rolling Darrels to sell him if he finds a frame with a 170mm rear and a usable head tube.
    9:zero:7 has a 44mm head tube iirc.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Nuts
    The new Muks have a 44mm headtube, I'm not sure if this year is the first year or not.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    The new Muks have a 44mm headtube, I'm not sure if this year is the first year or not.
    http://salsacycles.com/culture/rocks...salsa_fatbikes

I think someone posted this earlier but basically the bluto will fit all 2013 and up salsa fatties that aren't ti

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Don't forget the Trek Farley as it was designed for a 100mm Suspension fork right out of the gate. Very short chain stays and it works incredible in tight twisty single track and so far is one of the best bikes i have ever owned. If I compare it to my old Epic Comp I would say this bike is 10x better on single track and the only value I saw in the Epic was it was a great Mountain bike set up for a road rider on dirt.
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    Don't forget the Trek Farley as it was designed for a 100mm Suspension fork right out of the gate. Very short chain stays and it works incredible in tight twisty single track and so far is one of the best bikes i have ever owned. If I compare it to my old Epic Comp I would say this bike is 10x better on single track and the only value I saw in the Epic was it was a great Mountain bike set up for a road rider on dirt.
    What is max width of tire though on Farley?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hans2vt View Post
    What is max width of tire though on Farley?
    I am running a 4.0 on the rear, 5" on the front with the Bluto & the Salsa Carbon Fork.

Our winter was insane and I rode in snow that was 12" deep and had no issue's. Yes it was a hard but it was also just as hard for my buddy on the the Moonlander with the 5" tires. However 95% of the time I was in the lead. The short wheel base really helps with weight transfer and I can tell you most of the time I was lead guy and I have to be honest I am a good rider not a great rider. It kinda felt good to be the king for this winter.

ps the other bikes were 9Zero7, Salsa Beargrease, Moonlander, Surley, Borealis and a On-One bike.
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for all the info, opens the door back up for this build. Got the LBS looking for Salsa and Trek leftovers from last season. The Trek would be nice for him to use the through axle from my Beargrease if the frame spacing is correct. I don't want my wheelset to sit idle as I will have no use for it. My HED carbon wheelset is due next week.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New Bluto Thread!

Are you doing the bluto for sure. If so they have my Bluto and my i9 wheels trying to get the offset correct.

They are a great group of guys and I am very happy I bought there wheels
    Marty-mj

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Are you doing the bluto for sure. If so they have my Bluto and my i9 wheels trying to get the offset correct.

They are a great group of guys and I am very happy I bought there wheels
    The Bluto is my friends for his new bike this year. The HEDs are for my Beargrease which I am trying to make even lighter. He is buying my stock wheelset cheap if he gets a frame to fit everything. I am doing the build with all my extra parts laying around from several bike projects.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Got a call from LBS, my Bluto just arrived for my Fatboy Expert.
    My hub for wheel build arrived 2 weeks ago.
    Now just have to wait for the bike to get here.
    ETA on bike is end of this month, first week in August.
    Will post pics later when I get home, the Bluto is HUGE compared to other forks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

This is the crown race I used on my RockShox SID fork. One of these should work on the bluto too right? 40mm = 1.5" in Crown race world?

http://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-110.../dp/B005DUUU48

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New Bluto Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnpr View Post
    Got a call from LBS, my Bluto just arrived for my Fatboy Expert.
    My hub for wheel build arrived 2 weeks ago.
    Now just have to wait for the bike to get here.
    ETA on bike is end of this month, first week in August.
    Will post pics later when I get home, the Bluto is HUGE compared to other forks!
    Your going to love it and I can't wait to see pictures.
    Marty-mj

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast