mtbr member
    Apr 2016

New Bluto on Fatboy, what mount do I need for 203 rotors?

I finally got around to installing the new Bluto I bought for my Fatboy Comp Carbon and got everything finished up ready to put back together when I realized the caliper mounts are different on the Bluto than on the stock Chisel fork.

I'm having a heck of a time finding out what caliper bracket I need to buy and apparently the local shop is too. Brakes are Deore M615 with 203mm rotor in front. Any help would be fantastic!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nutrailer
    I used a QM26 from Magura initially but changed to a QM42 when I changed calipers, but there are many similar adapters available

New Bluto on Fatboy, what mount do I need for 203 rotors?-qm26.-1-.jpgNew Bluto on Fatboy, what mount do I need for 203 rotors?-qm26.-2-.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    So after the bike shop ordered the wrong adapter that took a week to get in, I got annoyed enough and researched it myself and ordered a new 180 and 200mm Hope 2 piece rotors and the correct adapter.

Rockshox claimed that a 203 rotor WILL NOT work on the Bluto whatsoever (probably a lie because they want you to buy Sram brakes not Shimano). I got the 180/200 Hope rotors installed and everything ready to rock but apparently the Hope rotors don't work with Deore M615 calipers, the rivet on the rotor just barely scrapes the caliper and can't be adjusted out.

I ended up putting the stock 180/203 shimano rotors back on and, what a surprise, the 203mm rotor fit just fine on the Bluto.

Long story short, does anyone know if these Hope 2 pieve rotors will work with any Shimano brakes? I'd gladly upgrade to SLX or XT if I know they'll accept the hope rotors.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk