mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Neon Rims on a 907 or Moonlander???

Are these compatible with 907 170-rear or Moonlander off-set?

Are you talking about the colored Rolling Darryl rims or the Clown Shoe rims? Either are compatible. The hub is all that will matter when building between a Moonlander and a 907 if it is the 170mm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If you are talking about the Neon trails rims, then I would say no for a Moonlander. You could maybe drill and extra set of holes to build them offset for a Moonie, but as is I doubt it- you would have some crazy spoke tensions. They will however work just fine for a symetrical 170 907.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Neon is the brand. Trials bike rims. 47mm wide.

Living the thug life.
    I built up my own set. You CANNOT build them offset. The angle that the spokes leave the rim is such that offset would never work.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    they already have 64 holes, but I don't think anyone has laced them up offset yet. the speculation is that the spoke angle at the rim would be pretty bad for the spokes going to the opposite side, but with the higher offset of the moonie they wouldn't have that much angle on the left side spokes with 28mm offset disc brake hubs and only 9mm offset spoke holes. It would still have a less than desirable angle due to the slight vee shape of the rim, but not as much as a pugs, or lefty with mcs clamps.

Living the thug life.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodoctor911 View Post
    they already have 64 holes, but I don't think anyone has laced them up offset yet. the speculation is that the spoke angle at the rim would be pretty bad for the spokes going to the opposite side, but with the higher offset of the moonie they wouldn't have that much angle on the left side spokes with 28mm offset disc brake hubs and only 9mm offset spoke holes. It would still have a less than desirable angle due to the slight vee shape of the rim, but not as much as a pugs, or lefty with mcs clamps.
    IT WILL NOT WORK. Even if the spokes came straight down the angle of the rim would not be acceptable to any decent wheelbuilder. Even with my 135mm front hub I can see how the spokes have to bend some from the angle of the rim. The rear is much better.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    They work well for non-offset hubs - Mine is on a 135mm trials hub.
    I agree with what others have noted, Yes for anything 170mm, No for trying to get the spokes in only one side.