mtbr member
    Aug 2013

NE1 setup their Fatbike w/ a WeeRide Co-Pilot or any similar trailer?

my three year old is pretty tough to keep up with on his Strider, so I bought a bike (Mongoose Beast, b/c I couldnt justify the $ for a Sun Spider like I really wanted), and am wanting to figure out how to rig it up w/ a trailer bike for the little one.

I'm 33 and havn't had a bike since I was 14, but I had a blast going around the neighborhood today on the bike. (But Mongoose needs some better QC, bearings will dry and full of metal shavings, everything was over torqued)

I don't know of any bike shops around me (Corpus Christi, TX area), so I don't want to go on an internet shopping spree and keep buying trailer bikes until I find one that fits/works.

I also work in the oilfield and I'm kinda excited about riding my bike around the lease roads on these ranches while at work.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yes to Copilot - Works like this:
    NE1 setup their Fatbike w/ a WeeRide Co-Pilot or any similar trailer?-img_20130710_185350a.jpg

Main problem is I have to yell bump and train him to stand up as soon as he sees my but up off the seat.
    Fatbikes will absorb more rough roads so his but will feel the roots and potholes more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NE1 setup their Fatbike w/ a WeeRide Co-Pilot or any similar trailer?-img_20130710_185350.jpg  

mtbr member
    Adam's Trail-a-bike is no problem.