-bustin punks

My kid is going to LOVE this....

Gonna be fun for dad too.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Are those the Salsa bars that came with it (on top of the planter?) I'm looking for a set but do not want to buy them at LBS prices.

Cool rig. The fatties should take out a lot of the jarring for the little one.

-bustin punks
    Yes they are, but my brother has already called dibs on them....sorry!

Yeah, between the fat tires and the springs that the Topeak seat already has, he should be good - though almost 3yr olds probably dig some bouncing around.

mtbr member
    I have found the rear rack type to be a little rough off-road..Went this route..can ride beach and single track no problem. Made by Bobike with Kool Stop MTB steerer tube adapter.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Rear seat works for me, although my son has almost outgrown his seat.

Long wheelbase & fat tyres are great with kids onboard, gives a nice stable ride.
    Drink coffee....ride bikes....eat cake
    http://morayfatbike.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    I've got salsa bars from my moonlander, 17 degree sweep, let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Let me look them up, I'll drop you a pm.

mtbr member
    Man my kid would fall asleep all the time on the back of my pugs.

mtbr member

You Win!

Quote Originally Posted by NOBBY605 View Post
    I have found the rear rack type to be a little rough off-road..Went this route..can ride beach and single track no problem. Made by Bobike with Kool Stop MTB steerer tube adapter.
    I love this set-up! You child ought to be very happy with the view.

Losing Ground
    I can't believe that's still legal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have the Ibert front system that looks a lot like Nobbys. They now sell them at REI. My daughter who is now 3.5 is starting to get too long in the leg for it, but my 1.5 year old son now loves it. My daughter, son and I have done roughly 1000 of miles of singletrack with it, starting when she was just 0.5 year old (only did paved trail rides when she was that young). But we have done the Slickrock practice loop, Mary's Loop, most of the loops north of Fruita, and now doing lots of snow rides living in Utah. I think the idea of the Ibert is great, but it could be made safer and more robust. We have only crashed 3 times, and all at low speed. I probably ride half the speed I do when I ride by myself. Just don't ever let your arms off the bars, and you are the roll cage, and always make sure your kids have helmets on. But no better way to introduce your kids to what you love. It's pretty cool to see how excited your kids get when you put on your bike shorts, because they knows it soon time to be riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've got an ibert too, my 3 year old's out of the weight range (more of a concern to me than the leg length thing)

Nobby: what's the weight/height limit for the bobike? I really prefer the front-rider set-up but my monster's not small.
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Some pics from an old thread from last summer on my fatbike x 2 kids setup. Very nicely balanced, no probs to ride in challenging terrain.

kids and fatbikes

and some additional details about the gear used here:

kids and fatbikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts View Post
    I've got an ibert too, my 3 year old's out of the weight range (more of a concern to me than the leg length thing)

Nobby: what's the weight/height limit for the bobike? I really prefer the front-rider set-up but my monster's not small.
    I went to their website (Choose_language - BOBIKE), and it looks to be the same age / weight limits as iBert setup (3 years / 15 kilos (32 pounds)). And I can't really tell for sure by the pictures, but it looks like the seat is mounted to the frame not the steerer tube. Not sure how that will affect dynamics when riding more difficult trails.

-bustin punks
    The last bike I had this Topeak seat on was a singlespeed cross bike - I expect it to be MUCH more stable on Mukluk.

After yesterday's shakedown ride I need to rig up a set of fenders though, the slush and snow mix was everywhere, and my son would have been soaked if he was along.