mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Mukluk & 907 2012 ride feel comments please

I am getting a 2nd fatbike this spring, so I don't have to remove 2 child seats every time I want to go riding alone or vice versa (no one should really need an excuse for getting a 2nd fatbike, but this one worked in our house ).

I really love the relaxed geometry and ride feel of my Mukluk and I was pretty sure I would source a 2nd Mukluk sometime soon until my wife's new shiny XS 907 arrived couple of weeks ago. As far as looks goes, the 907 frame beats the Mukluk hands down in my book so I would love to get one when the next batch come in, but ride feel is much more important to me. I cannot really testride a 907 in my size and the XS would be too small for me to really be able to tell anything about the ride feel once I have built it up.

The geometry for large 2012 versions looks very similar on paper (see below), but I am not sure if this is reflected in the real world when it comes to ride feel.

Any comments from riders who have ridden both (907 need to be the 2012 version) would be greatly appreciated.

907 Mukluk

Top Tube Length 622mm 625mm

Seat Tube 483mm 482.6 mm

Chain Stay Length 467mm 455mm

Head Tube Length 155mm 160 mm

BB Drop 60mm 63mm

Head Tube Angle 70 70

Seat Tube Angle 73 73

Standover 813mm 788.4 mm

mtbr member
    I ride mediums on regular bikes and did a small on my 2012 907.
    It's an incredibly comfortable ride and fits like a glove. Handling is like a regular mountain bike. I love that. It has a light feel to the front end and steering. That is really nice for a fatbike.

I like my pugs, but the feel of this bike is fantastic. Makes the pugs feel lumbering and sloppy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks Thickfog!

Any other 907 2012 rider comments out there?

Cheers