mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Mounts for carbon forks

Has anyone had any luck finding an option for mounting a water bottle on a carbon fork? I know two fish make a Velcro strap mount that you can attach your own bottle to. Has anyone had any luck with it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    This page should spark the imagination...
    Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles without Braze

mtbr member
    Wear a back pack?

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty In Hamilton View Post
    Has anyone had any luck finding an option for mounting a water bottle on a carbon fork? I know two fish make a Velcro strap mount that you can attach your own bottle to. Has anyone had any luck with it?
    I tried it on my wife's and nephews' bikes before. They don't stay in place for very long. I wouldn't recommend it if you're going mountain biking.

Another option besides a Camelbak is a frame pack with a bladder in it? It'll be pretty expensive though. There's also this: Under-The-Seat Bike Hydration System | Gear Review | Gear Junkie
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I am leaning towards the camelback idea. I am planning ahead for a winter overnight trip. I am using a frame bag and seat bag but was hoping to find a temporary way to carry water on the fork. Thanks for the suggestions. I will keep looking.

mtbr member
    I have the Geigerrig under-seat pack, unlike their other products the sip-tube exits down, so there's no way to use the inline filter. Nice around town, but in the backcountry I want more capacity and the filter. The pressurized system is nice for keeping the dog hydrated without her slobbering all over the bite valve. The blurb for this product doesn't indicate that it comes standard with the insulated tube.
    KOA radio: Broncos 97-3 since 1975 when scoring 30+ at home.

Smash Mode: ON
    I have been using the zefal gizmo on a carbon seat post for a while with no issues. It is heavily loaded as I use it with a cage box to carry my tool kit. They say not to use them on carbon but wah-wah-wah it works just fine you nancies. Not sure there is one big enough for your fork though?

You could also permanently attach some mounting bosses with epoxy and carbon but it would look pretty bad unless you had it painted.
    Whatever floats your bike, dude