Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Motobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.

Just posted and due 9/15. Hmmm. X5/X7 build with Bluto or 1999? What do you guys think?
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...t-titanium.htm

mtbr member
    Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live Free & Ride
    Interested when they become available as frame only!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mtbiker View Post
    Interested when they become available as frame only!
    And me as well. Wouldn't mind a frame set myself.

The White Jeff W
    Still with those enormously long chainstays though...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    No moss...

bigger than you.
    i love how they copy and paste comments from the MTBR forums as customer endorsements. Technically, those comments are copyrighted by MTBR.com and their appropriation, even with attribution, may be regarded as theft, depending on how protective of ip they are here.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    i love how they copy and paste comments from the MTBR forums as customer endorsements. Technically, those comments are copyrighted by MTBR.com and their appropriation, even with attribution, may be regarded as theft, depending on how protective of ip they are here.
    Sponsor's of MTBR, from what I've read, may use posts from MTBR. Fine print from being a forum member, you don't own your posts.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    If it's anything similar to my experience with the current moto x7 than rehaul everything to correct assembly, ditch the tires for something better like Surlys and hope the frame is designed well with acceptional welds and alligned dropouts. My frame's geometry is off more than a walmart bike with a bad offset in the rear. Reassembling will reveal any problems but it could be a steal if kosher.
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Titanium is a temperamental material to work with - I'm more than a bit dubious BD quality, especially with this material. No thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    If it's anything similar to my experience with the current moto x7 than rehaul everything to correct assembly, ditch the tires for something better like Surlys and hope the frame is designed well with acceptional welds and alligned dropouts. My frame's geometry is off more than a walmart bike with a bad offset in the rear. Reassembling will reveal any problems but it could be a steal if kosher.
    It has Sunringle Mulefut Tubeless rims, no reason at all to switch rims. I wouldn't say the surlys are better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benlowery View Post
    It has Sunringle Mulefut Tubeless rims, no reason at all to switch rims. I wouldn't say the surlys are better.
    He said to ditch the tires, not the rims.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 RSD Mayor Bluto (sold)
    2014 Giant TCX SLR1
    2012 Giant TCR Advanced SL3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    He said to ditch the tires, not the rims.
    you are right
    reading comprehension fail

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit21 View Post
    Titanium is a temperamental material to work with - I'm more than a bit dubious BD quality, especially with this material. No thanks.
    They've been making Ti bikes for years, no? Have there been a lot of breakages?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    They've been making Ti bikes for years, no? Have there been a lot of breakages?
    Their 29er Ti frames are bomber. Three of my friends have the 2010 version and two of them have riden the TDR on their bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch R. View Post
    Their 29er Ti frames are bomber. Three of my friends have the 2010 version and two of them have riden the TDR on their bikes.
    Cool, just wanted to see if there were any actual reports of their frames being bad.

turtles make me hot
    Two of my friends just bought bikes from them... One for his wife, the other for himself.
    The guy that bought the one for his wife bought an X7/X5 cable disc brake bike. Fine for the beach riding she's going to do with it.
    The other guy bought an X9 bike with Guide brakes. VERY nice. Wheels are heavy.
    No issues with the frames at all. The welds on Chinese bikes are surprisingly nice.
    I haven't heard anything bad about their Ti frames. I'd probably buy one if I thought I could make use of a Ti bike.
    I like turtles

Live Free & Ride
    Yeah their frames are legit...built by Kenesis, like a lot of other quality bikes out there. They save coin on the parts spec and yes, the heavy wheels. If it were available at the time, I would only bought the Bullet frame and fork combo they have now. Still a very good option to buy the whole bike and upgrade over time...real happy with the bike and can still wheelie it no prob with the longish chainstays!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    I am too happy with my Borris frame to spend the coin.

But so very glad to see them release it.

Hoping that their Motobecane line comes out with a legitimate FS Fatty before long.
    MacGyver is my spirit animal

-Until proven wrong, assume you are the weak link in any system-

Hooligan
    so when are these shipping? i want to see some pics.
    the ti night train could be my next bike (unless i find a deal on a mutz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mtbiker View Post
    Yeah their frames are legit...built by Kenesis
    I don't think Kenesis does Ti frames, just aluminum. I think it is Ora Engineering that does the frames for BD. Still, solid, legit, I wouldn't worry at all about riding one.
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

Live Free & Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
    I don't think Kenesis does Ti frames, just aluminum. I think it is Ora Engineering that does the frames for BD. Still, solid, legit, I wouldn't worry at all about riding one.
    You're right, just the aluminum frames come out of that factory I believe. I also like the ti Bullet and you just can't beat the price for a quality ti frame like this anywhere.
    Good article on the new ti bike here: First Look: Motobecane Sturgis and NightTrain titanium fat bikes - Mtbr.com
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Did a ride with a guy on a Motobecane Ti mountain bike. Very nice in person, and he loved it. Good rider, too.

I've always loved ti- wanted a Seven ti roadie for years. There are a lot of custom ti builders out there that will take a lot of your money for one of their frames. I think in the end I'd just do steel instead, save a buttload of money.
    Crashing mountain bikes since 1990.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    FAT BIKE 16-FT301_Products_Ora Engineering Co., Ltd.

The Motobecane Frame Ti from Ora.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    I don't think being called out for copying other people's stuff is a big concern of BD.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I don't think being called out for copying other people's stuff is a big concern of BD.
    Nice.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelterock View Post
    No - that is not the frame but Ora does excellent work. They are one of the top if not THE top Titanium fabricator.

Here are the actual shipping Motobecane Titanium Fatbikes - Sturgis and Night Train Bullet. The weld quality is pretty amazing and these have an incredible ride quality.

Motobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.-screen-shot-2015-09-17-2.13.54-pm.jpgMotobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.-screen-shot-2015-09-17-1.59.28-pm.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Sure looks like it but hard to tell because bd only shows one picture of the Ti bike. Down tube looks simpler forming that the Ora frame but everything else looks spot on. Maybe a custom variation? What is the Reach and Stack of your 21" frame? ETT 651mm is good for my 6'7" height but would like details...

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    With this waiting Ihave had too much time to research upgrades/mods to the bike.

Right now I'm thinking of going to a 1x and ordering some carbon wheels.
    Stock will be perfectly fine for Fall/Winter but some tubeless carbon rims with a 1x seems to be my optimal setup.

Other than that Im working on my list of comments for the carbonites who will ask endless questions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanBrewer View Post
    With this waiting Ihave had too much time to research upgrades/mods to the bike.

Right now I'm thinking of going to a 1x and ordering some carbon wheels.
    Stock will be perfectly fine for Fall/Winter but some tubeless carbon rims with a 1x seems to be my optimal setup.

Other than that Im working on my list of comments for the carbonites who will ask endless questions.
    Which one? Sturgis or Night Train? What size frame? I'm close to pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    now if you could get it with a carbon fork instead of the Bluto...

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelterock View Post
    Which one? Sturgis or Night Train? What size frame? I'm close to pulling the trigger.
    I went with the Night Train Bullet, Sturgis Bullet for my wife. I'm 6'2.5 and all torso so I wanted the XL. My road bikes are 62cm. 29er is XL, 26 Moots is similar.

The carbon fork from BD looks interesting too. Price is good but I'm used to ordering from the QBP catalog. Looking forward to Fall/Winter riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Great 2 Ti's, one of each. It'll be great to hear your take on them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I can guarantee my wife will benefit from the lower weight from going tubeless and likely carbon wheels. Otherwise I will be carrying everything on our brewery tour rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Welp, I signed up on here after browsing for ever and pulled the trigger on a pre-order Night Train Bullet Ti two days ago. The waiting game begins. This will be my first fatbike and I'm anxious to get it in. I am guessing I am at the end of the pre-order line but have no idea how long that line is. If anyone receives any shipping information please post it or let me know. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by T-X-N View Post
    Welp, I signed up on here after browsing for ever and pulled the trigger on a pre-order Night Train Bullet Ti two days ago. The waiting game begins. This will be my first fatbike and I'm anxious to get it in. I am guessing I am at the end of the pre-order line but have no idea how long that line is. If anyone receives any shipping information please post it or let me know. Thanks!
    I wouldn't be surprised if they ordered quite a few extra of each size to optimize the order. You may have the shortest wait of everyone. Tick tock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I got on the line Wed 9/23. So far I have a record of payment going through - but have not heard anything from bike direct (they mention confirmation within 2 days on their web site iirc. Spartan Brewe & T-X-N, have you received your order confirmations?

mtbr member
    It took 2 business days for me to get my order confirmation, that came along with a UPS tracking number. The tracking number won't show movement until the bikes are actually en route to you. They all say 30 lbs for ship weight, but that doesn't mean your bike is going to be sub 30 lbs - although I hope your Ti bikes get close.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    It would be great if they are close - but I am hardly holding my breath on that one. The Al frame was 2.2kl (4.85lbs) in the Fatboy compairson video. I tried to find ti frame weights online - but only found one fatbike frame with a posted weight, and it was 4.4lbs. There might be a few oz here or there for the Ritchey components, but there probably really is not that much weight to save w/o major changes.

The real question is what is the live weight of a 2016 Al Night Train - and I will cross my fingers about beating it by 1-2lbs. But will get the TI feel ...

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    @mousehunter I received an emailed receipt from PayPal and my card was charged but no email from Bikes Direct. This was late Wednesday night the 23rd. Hopefully they've been too busy unloading a container of bikes and it will be processed soon!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    BD is reporting on their Facebook page that the Ti Sturgis is in stock and shipping.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Website for Night Train shows Preorder/Prepay dates - but appears that was removed from Stugis - so they updated that as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mousehunter View Post
    I got on the line Wed 9/23. So far I have a record of payment going through - but have not heard anything from bike direct (they mention confirmation within 2 days on their web site iirc. Spartan Brewe & T-X-N, have you received your order confirmations?
    I was on the line Wednesday night as well. I received a confirmation from PayPal and my card was charged but no order confirmation from BikesDirect, so that adds to the anxiety. Hopefully they've been too busy unloading bikes from containers to be on the line themselves.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Not a huge amount of anxiety here. I don't know how they are organized, but I suspect when a container comes in, they get busy.

I will start getting anxious when I start seeing unboxing and first impression pictures and threads.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I've been wanting a fatbike for a year now, I tried to order a Lurch in July but missed out. Now that I finally decided and ordered I'm ready! LOL

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Understand - Every year I dream about getting a new sea kayak in April. Last few years my wife has visited her mother in June (her mother lived near DC, which has better sea kayak shops than Texas). Well, 2 years ago, I did not get off work to go on vacation with her. This last year did - but they did not have the boat I wanted in stock in Annapolis. So when I got back to Austin I went to my local shop and tried to order it, and a new Yakima rack. The kayak company said they were sold out, try again in January. Yakima said they were sold out (of clips for my car), will be in the next shipment. That was early June, got the call today that my clips had come in... 3+ months for the rack clips. Further from the kayak than when I started (since I ordered this bike).

Hooligan
    i really wish that i needed another fat bike and had 2k kicking around, ive always wanted a TI fatty. I will be watching this and drooling
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Shipping update

I have the Paypal confirmations and one order confirmation.

A few minutes ago I received notice that both the Night Train and the Sturgis have arrived and that they would be shipping out shortly!
    Last edited by SpartanBrewer; 09-25-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: New information

Live Free & Ride
    I was in the same boat this time last year....checking emails for shipping confirm and tracking number. Felt like Xmas in Oct waiting for my new NTB to finally arrive. The box will come and you will be happy! Just check for a bent rear hanger....that was the only thing that bummed me out when it did show up. Good luck and post it up!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I was talking to a friend who owned a bike shop and sold Cervelo as his main line of bikes. He reminded me of the stress he was under waiting for $5+k triathlon bikes to arrive after he had customers calling daily for updates. All had prepaid and wanted their ride immediately....and God forbid there was an issue.

When we see first hand the process of bikes coming in from overseas it gives us a glimpse of the industry.

BD should be given serious props for being transparent with the process and taking a lot of public heat.

In thend, it's all about biking and getting more people on bikes.

Ride on!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I sell Industrial equipment that takes a semi to move and generally has an 8-10 week lead time from order and I am constantly amazed at the people who can't believe we don't keep 4 of every flavor in stock and can't mobilize to have it on site next week. So I get it and am not hating on BD at all. I'm worried they may be sold out of the preorders and I was too late pulling the trigger (which would be my luck). Not to mention I'm taking a week off sometime in October and heading to the mountains in Northern New Mexico, sure would be nice to take a brand spanking new Titanium fatbike with me!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast