Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Motobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.

85K views 504 replies 82 participants last post by  tankhead10 
#1 ·
#295 ·
Yeah, Chupathingee and other added value with pics and measurments related to the TI frame and deserves the rep. He's been on the front of the Ti frame upgrades and I value what i've learnt from his posts. Haven't quite figured out the rep thing but I don't think it's missplaced or miss guided.
H

Reactions: Chupathingee
#297 ·
Besides the wheelset on BD.com, what other combos are available in 29er that would fit this bike? with a 150/197 I'm just no familiar with what my options in 29er wheels/tires and I want to use my Fatty as a summer and winter all-purpose.

I may buy the BD wheel set b/c of the price, but from what I've read on here, I'm not excited about the Novatec hubs being used.

#298 ·
The Novatec hubs seem fine to me, time will tell how they are. My only gripe is the caps on the front hub that I can see myself easily losing...

You'll want 150 TA front and 197 TA rear. Frankly for the price I don't believe the BD set can be beat. A quick google search didn't come up with any pre-built sets. I don't think you'll even find much in the used market since 197 TA hasn't been around for very long.

You could always build your own. I'm partial to Industry 9 hubs but the hubs will cost you twice as much as the whole BD wheelset...

#304 ·
I was just looking into the panaracer Jack n nibble for spring.......tubeless of course. man I love this bike....been riding for a long time. Raced. A couple 24 hour races... but i did a 19 mile trail ride Sunday, it was supposed to be a five hour ride. I did it in 2.40 hours and had a great time. I love love this bike

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

#315 ·
Looks right to me. Do you have a fox shock pump? Mine has a gauge on it that showed, stock, that it was set for 140lb person. I'm 260lbs so I had to pump it up to ~135psi from ~90psi to get the thing to fell solid. If you have the pump it's real easy to inflate or bleed off pressure. I would start at the recommended psi for your weight and then see if you use all the travel it provides. I'm no stunt rider so I'm set up a little soft for my weight and enjoy the travel and smooth ride.
H

#316 ·
Colder weather affects this shock in a few ways but mostly by cold lowering the pressure. So give it a few whacks of the pump in the winter to keep a consistent feel. The grease inside can also break down in really cold weather. The bluto tuning thread goes way over the top with mods and winter lub kits etc. if you really want to dive deep, check it out

#327 ·
I am absolutely LOVING this bike and the way it rides. I went exploring out in North Conway, NH yesterday and went up stuff I knew I would have trouble with on the Pugs but the bike just performed flawlessly. I have found I have to keep my weight on the front more when climbing steep stuff because it wants to rise but it's a great trade-off for when I need to just blip the front over something.

I am very happy with the purchase. I did swap to the Nates, which I know from experience sticklike glue, and they did not disappoint, but I had them on the Pugs as well.
Transport Rim Automotive tire Spoke Iron

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.