Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Motobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.

85K views 504 replies 82 participants last post by  tankhead10 
#1 ·
#313 ·
The fork is a 100mm bluto, but each fork has 3 labels for 80,100,120mm so find the middle scale for 100mm then saddle up gently next to a wall and with the red band see where she settles on the 100mm scale. Sag is set by air pressure. The fork also has a psi scale for your weight as a starting point. My req is to ride hard with the corresponding psi to your weight and see how far up the orange rubber moves. If you bottom out it will go all the way to the top. Hard ride with one or two bottom outs is perfect. Sag will be set by air pressure. Rebound is a red knob on the bottom of the stansion. Slow rebound if you like by twisting it towards the turtle.
H

Reactions: tankhead10
#315 ·
Looks right to me. Do you have a fox shock pump? Mine has a gauge on it that showed, stock, that it was set for 140lb person. I'm 260lbs so I had to pump it up to ~135psi from ~90psi to get the thing to fell solid. If you have the pump it's real easy to inflate or bleed off pressure. I would start at the recommended psi for your weight and then see if you use all the travel it provides. I'm no stunt rider so I'm set up a little soft for my weight and enjoy the travel and smooth ride.
H

#316 ·
Colder weather affects this shock in a few ways but mostly by cold lowering the pressure. So give it a few whacks of the pump in the winter to keep a consistent feel. The grease inside can also break down in really cold weather. The bluto tuning thread goes way over the top with mods and winter lub kits etc. if you really want to dive deep, check it out

#325 ·
Received my 21" Ti night train 11-18-2015 ordered 11-15-2015; Awesome. Been riding a surly Pug 13k miles for three years. Put 125 miles on it new NT and Novatech rear hub pawls failed in free wheel. Contacted novatech direct and they shipped replacement pawls and spring next day by USPS. USPS failed delivery, but finally got them in 6 days later. Went to remove front snow shoe to put in light tube damage damn bead. OMG pissed! Tight fit I have ever seen. Put surely nate 120 tpi off old pug. works great. Went for first ride after pawl failure. Bike falls over while putting bar mitts back on and breaks off damn DR drop out. Thank god it ships with spare. Ensure you lock tight the hex screw on drop out, lost mine after first ride.

Should be spare screw with spare drop out. This is my fourth BD purchase, I have a Ti 29er and wife has original 15" BD fat bike that was released 2 years ago. I have nothing but great things to say about BD. My original Ti29 frame failed after 15k miles, and they warrantied it, but took 3 months to get, but they upgraded it to new design with tapered head set. Worth the wait!

I am extremely hard on bikes. Actually cracked the surly frame on drive side rear drop out at 10k miles. Welded back up and modified structural support.

BD does not have the replacement drops out listed on their web site yet; gone contact them direct to get a new spare.

Attachments

#328 ·
Received my 21" Ti night train 11-18-2015 ordered 11-15-2015; Awesome. Been riding a surly Pug 13k miles for three years. Put 125 miles on it new NT and Novatech rear hub pawls failed in free wheel. Contacted novatech direct and they shipped replacement pawls and spring next day by USPS. USPS failed delivery, but finally got them in 6 days later. Went to remove front snow shoe to put in light tube damage damn bead. OMG pissed! Tight fit I have ever seen. Put surely nate 120 tpi off old pug. works great. Went for first ride after pawl failure. Bike falls over while putting bar mitts back on and breaks off damn DR drop out. Thank god it ships with spare. Ensure you lock tight the hex screw on drop out, lost mine after first ride.

Should be spare screw with spare drop out. This is my fourth BD purchase, I have a Ti 29er and wife has original 15" BD fat bike that was released 2 years ago. I have nothing but great things to say about BD. My original Ti29 frame failed after 15k miles, and they warrantied it, but took 3 months to get, but they upgraded it to new design with tapered head set. Worth the wait!

I am extremely hard on bikes. Actually cracked the surly frame on drive side rear drop out at 10k miles. Welded back up and modified structural support.

BD does not have the replacement drops out listed on their web site yet; gone contact them direct to get a new spare.
I'm not sure you losing a bolt means they should always include spares. Regardless, if doing trail side repair with small parts I usually grab a flat Rock to put them all on or hold them in my mouth. Something to think about.

#327 ·
I am absolutely LOVING this bike and the way it rides. I went exploring out in North Conway, NH yesterday and went up stuff I knew I would have trouble with on the Pugs but the bike just performed flawlessly. I have found I have to keep my weight on the front more when climbing steep stuff because it wants to rise but it's a great trade-off for when I need to just blip the front over something.

I am very happy with the purchase. I did swap to the Nates, which I know from experience sticklike glue, and they did not disappoint, but I had them on the Pugs as well.
Transport Rim Automotive tire Spoke Iron

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

#334 ·
Took the NTB out yesterday since the illness is in remission and I can breathe better (helps having a wife who is a Doc) but the trails were very wet (but OK to be on wet, I checked). At the end of the day I decided I need some fenders. I have some Kydex I'll make some out of since it can be heat molded with a heat gun.

But what I'm posting about is how impressed I am with this bike. The trails I rode were muddy, rocky, slippery, and somewhat steep. I have ridden similar trails on my Pugsley and had it be a 'hang on, crank like a bastard, and expect to fall at some point' ride. With the NTB it was like a regular trail. It's not due to the tires because I took them off the Pug and put them on the NTB, so it must be the geometry and Bluto. The difference is astounding. It's only a few pounds lighter than the Pugs (33.5 vs 35 pounds) so I doubt that plays a factor.

I know that's not what the naysayers of BikesDirect want to hear but it's the truth. I am very happy with this purchase and do not regret buying it at all, or putting the Pugs up for sale. I'm still not sold on the SRAM shifter, but it's early yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.