Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Motobecanes Titanium FatBike final specs and release date.

85K views 504 replies 82 participants last post by  tankhead10 
#1 ·
#201 ·
JoeFriday, Thanks for the pictures. Looks good.

Tankhead10, welcome to the fold. I hope you have a better experience than the Fatboy SE ordeal.

CarbonGuy, great to see one of these bikes in the snow. How easy did the Dillingers mountup on the mulefut rims?

Chupathingee, Is that a Large size Revelate Tangle frame bag? I installed my bottle on the seatpost tube mount instead of the downtube. It might give you more space.
H

#207 ·
Chupathingee, Is that a Large size Revelate Tangle frame bag? I installed my bottle on the seatpost tube mount instead of the downtube. It might give you more space.
H
It's an Oveja Negra frame bag, size large.

The bottle fits in the downtube mount more easily than the seatpost mount on mine :-/ I can fit bottles but they scrunch up the frame bag a bit and are somewhat difficult to get out.

#209 ·
A sizing question

Thanks for all the info on this post. I was just about to pull the trigger on a medium Ti Nighttrain and then got to reading / debating on sizing. I am 5"8" with a 30.5" inseam @170lbs. I prefer a bit more of an aggressive rather than monster truck (i.e. Ice Cream Truck) feel. I am currently riding a Cannondale Trigger Medium which can feel a bit tall, but in terms of reach works very well. Previously I rode a small 26" Klein Pulse Comp for years, then switched to an Indy Fab large that was beautiful but too big... bought it second hand I couldn't resist at the time. Any recommendations on sizing with the Ti Nightrain?
Thanks for any thoughts y'all might have.

#210 ·
Thanks for all the info on this post. I was just about to pull the trigger on a medium Ti Nighttrain and then got to reading / debating on sizing. I am 5"8" with a 30.5" inseam @170lbs. I prefer a bit more of an aggressive rather than monster truck (i.e. Ice Cream Truck) feel. I am currently riding a Cannondale Trigger Medium which can feel a bit tall, but in terms of reach works very well. Previously I rode a small 26" Klein Pulse Comp for years, then switched to an Indy Fab large that was beautiful but too big... bought it second hand I couldn't resist at the time. Any recommendations on sizing with the Ti Nightrain?
Thanks for any thoughts y'all might have.
I see, you're right on the border on the size chart. I am 5' 11" and got the medium; surprisingly comfortable. I like to sit up tall to shift weight over the rear tire. The distance from ground to top tube is 31", measured just in front of the BB where my tape measure clears the BB. That's with D5's, which are a tad (1/4"? ) higher than the S4.5 that came on the Ti-Night Bullet

I think your answer is on their website:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
*If one is between sizes, size down for lower bars more aggressive fit or shorter arms/legs. Size up for higher bars, or longer arms.

**Add one more inch to standovers for Bluto Equipped Fat bikes.

*SO Slopes up and increases towards head tube. Standover in chart above and Geometry link has SO on axis with BB and thus is lower than at midpoint.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The headangle is pretty lax, so to me it doesn't feel "top" heavy.

In short, I'd be interested to hear you reporting back after you get the small :)

Hope that helps.

#212 ·
I pulled the trigger on a large yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive. I am also 5'11" but went with the large over the medium. I was on the fence but decided to take a chance. Now I just need a sell a few bikes to bring in some cash. This is replacing an early Pugs that works fine but is long in the tooth.

#215 ·
Congrats guys. I think the sizing is exactly as carbon guy explains... if you're on the edge of two sizes, size down for an aggressive feel, size up for a little more relaxed stretched out ride.

We got some snow this morning in Wisconsin and I just got back from the first ride in white stuff. The bike was a blast. I had forgotten how much of a workout the snow adds, but it felt great.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Winter

#217 ·
Hello everyone! I ordered my new Night Train Bullet Titanium last Sunday and it arrived on Friday. No complaints with BD or UPS with packaging and shipping. The bike is in perfect condition. I'm waiting to finish putting it together until a few component upgrades arrive. I've been riding my "better half's" Sturgis Bullet while she's away visiting family, so I'll have a good comparison of the two after I get on the Ti bike. I'm setting them both up tubeless, 1x with wolf tooth and raceface components, eTen dropper posts and carbon handlebars. I'm a bargain hunter, so I'll wait until the right parts come up for the right price. Her bike is a 2015 and it has the 120mm bluto and mine came with the 100mm, so I'll probably swap those out. We're up in the Lake Tahoe area and plan on using them in the snow as well as the dirt. I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about everyone else's adventures and tinkerings with these fun bikes.

#220 ·
Couple Questions on 1X10 or 1X11

What is the formal designation for the freehub we have? HG Shimano style?

Can you run a 11-42t 10Sp Cassette with the X7 rear derailleur, if yes, what if any adjustments should I look for? Was thinking the new Sunrace CSMX8 11-42t 10spd. Wide ratio but only 10sp with a 28t up front.

Is the Ride 36/22 crank on the Sturgis a 104/64mm BCD? Can you run a 28T on the inside spider and adjust it outward and a bashguard on the 104mm BCD?

Cheers,
H

#223 ·
Well the bike is here. It is huge, beautiful and in PERFECT condition. Stand over is basically my nuts split between the top tube. It is SO tall up front. But once on the bike all is well.

I have one question. The crank arms had washers zip tied to it, do I need to use then for the crank pedal interface? Are they necessary?

This is a huge bike. I don't mean that it doesn't fit me, it's just a huge bike. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Wow what a quality frame!!! Just as sweet as my Merlin Agilis was. And the rock shock is beautiful also. Can't wait to hit the trails early thanksgiving morning... Thanks for all your help, pics to follow...happy thanksgiving everyone.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

#228 ·
That warning label was removed from my bike about 30 seconds after I removed the dork disc (which was the first thing I did after the full assembly). It's like the mattress labels that say "do not remove under penalty of death" or something to that effect. It's just a manufacturer CYA decal.

And yeah.. it seems like a really big frame, doesn't it? I've seen aluminum frames with smaller tubes.. LOL. But it rides really nice so I'm not complaining. Just imagine if BD could get the frame designed with hydroformed tubing to get the sizing a little more user friendly. It would be the best bang you'd ever find for a fat bike.

Btw, I tried going tubeless again this weekend and STILL can't get the tire to release its death grip from the rim. I even carefully put a heat gun on the tire to get it a little more pliable with no help. I think I'll just ride it tubed for the winter and worry about it next spring. If anybody wants to come over and show me how to do it, I'll buy you a case of Fat Tire ale. :)

#230 ·
JoeFriday,

I'm 6'7" 260lbs and I just stomped on it. It can handle my weight flying a rocky trail. it's not that fragile so put some @ss into it or get your biggest next door neighbor to step on it. It did take 3 plastic tire irons to get it off the rims after the bead was released.

Look at it this way. A flat on the trail and walk is no fun. At Home, with appropriate beverage in close proximity, you can work this thing over and not face the long walk of shame on the trail. Don't give up and Happy thanksgiving.
H

#231 ·
Thanks for the help, guys. Shelterock, I'm literally half your weight, so I might not have quite the influence as you do. I'll try the c-clamp method first. I wasn't all that worried about damaging the tire, but was afraid I'd tear the tube inside and not be able to finish the job, resulting in an unrideable wheel until I did something drastic.

#233 ·
WOWOWOWOWOW. 2.5 hours of laughing out loud FUN. Everything functioned as it should. I like the shifters more than I thought but still miss grip shift.

The only problem is that the seat post slipped twice while riding. I am just at about 3+ on the seatpost but it slipped down to 2 the first time and just above 3 the next. Don't know if I put too much ti prep on post or what but this happened when I had another ti frame mountain bike. It became a problem...... Hopefully not on this bike.

Other than that; it really is just what I was looking for. Something new. Something exciting. A new type of riding in the woods. How wonderful! It is a beast and I am the beast master. Thanks BikesDirect for such a wonderful package. Thanks everyone here for your valued information. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.