Quote Originally Posted by gjbiker View Post
    Bullet?
    No...non Bluto in Gloss Black

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ordered 2 weeks ago today.

Night Train. Black. 17.5

Friday to NJ.

I hope everyone gets their bike because I'm excited as hell. I'm sure it'll be a matter of time for everyone to get thier UPS #s updated

mtbr member
    So cool that there are delivery dates coming out.

Unfortunately, mine is not updated yet. Hoping it isn't too long for CA delivery.

Matte Silver 17.5" NT Bullet....formerly Matte Black 15.5" NT Bullet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Mine is a Sturgis Bullet Gun Metal in XL (21"). First order placed on 8/7 then changed on 8/15 from L to XL. Yeah my pile of parts will get smaller! I have 3 big storage bins of parts waiting on fat bikes to put them on...
    For the Moto I only have - frame bag, bars, grips, seatpost and seat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Re: Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread

I got the email but my ups tracking number still shows as voided. I ordered matte black NT Bullet on July 20.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator50 View Post
    I got the email but my ups tracking number still shows as voided. I ordered matte black NT Bullet on July 20.
    I ordered on July 22 and did not get an email today but BD called me asking if I still wanted to keep my Matte Silver that I ordered (changed sizes) or wait on a Matte Black to possibly show up. I opted to keep the Silver and BD told me it would ship out today.

I am hoping that the tracking # activatives soon. If not, I'll call BD back to confirm they sent it out today like they said they did.

mtbr member

Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread

I didn't get the email but my tracking # shows movement. Delivery on Friday!

Live Free & Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by drmayer View Post
    I didn't get the email but my tracking # shows movement. Delivery on Friday!
    Nice! What date did you place your order?
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No movement on my tracking number. I ordered Night Train Bullet on 9/16. I am guessing that those of us who didn't get a number today may wait a long time. They said some of this is with customs. That can take days or weeks to clear.

Looks like no Black Bullets have shipped yet by this thread. I am guessing the Bullets were held up more than the others. The one guy ordered the 17.5 regular 2 weeks ago and it shipped today. Tells me us Bullet folks are going to do most the waiting if they are up that close in orders for non-Bullets.

Tom
    2010 Stumpjumper Carbon Expert
    1998 Stumpjumer Comp
    2012 Airborne Wingman
    2014 Motobecane Night Train Bullet

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    17.5 sturgis bullet, white, and i'll have it monday as I see it was picked up (I'm in Idaho).
    (ordered in July - but dont think that matters)

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by neons97 View Post
    The e.13 TRS+ cranks that JensonUSA is selling for more than 1/2 off is the older 67.5mm chainline version, and is an older/discontinued model. The new models are 74.8mm chainline.

So the cranks on sale at Jenson USA with the 67.5mm chainline "MAY" work with the Sturgis/Night Train frame...possibly in a 1x set-up (outer ring position), and with narrower tires (i.e. 4" or smaller...just a guess). But you may get odd chainline (i.e. abnormal wear, poor shifting performance, noise, etc.).

However, it probably won't work as a 2x set-up at all, regardless of rear tire clearance. And probably not with tires more than 4" wide (just a pure guess on my part).

Thanks for the heads up....I'm sure I would have figured that out eventually.....after throwing it across the garage...turns out the order wasn't far enough along and they returned to sender.

mtbr member
    I keep pressing refresh. Ordered NT bullet early Sep. looks like mines stopped although got the email which is badly written as says" if you get this email yours has shipped" but then goes on to say " some have been stopped by customs" so not very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by pearsth View Post
    No movement on my tracking number. I ordered Night Train Bullet on 9/16. I am guessing that those of us who didn't get a number today may wait a long time. They said some of this is with customs. That can take days or weeks to clear.

Looks like no Black Bullets have shipped yet by this thread. I am guessing the Bullets were held up more than the others. The one guy ordered the 17.5 regular 2 weeks ago and it shipped today. Tells me us Bullet folks are going to do most the waiting if they are up that close in orders for non-Bullets.

Tom
    Fat Bike for a Fat Bloke

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I ordered a 21" black NT bullet 10/21 (I don't know how you guys could stand waiting since friggin July) I don't have any activity on my shipment yet. Glad to see peeps have them on their way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by danny31292 View Post
    Two things. 1st, the Samox crank on the Fatboy seems to be having enough issues with the crank bolt that its concerning. How can we prevent this issue? 2nd, whats a good replacement crank that is compatible with the 190mm rear. I think a few people have posted incompatible 170mm cranks.
    race face seems to have several that will fit the bill. After neon97s post I went to raceface website and found a pdf with helpful dimensions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Ordered NT Bullet matte black 17.5 on 9/16. No movement on tracking number to Utah. My original email with tracking number from 9/16 shows a ship date of 11/5/14 next to tracking number link in the email. Weird?

mtbr member
    I need to inform customs that it is a matter of national security that I get my bike as soon as possible

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Arriving Monday Nov 10

Ordered my night train on Sept 14, just checked my ups shipping no and arrival date should be monday. Not too soon as snow is predicted for tommorrow in Northern Wisconsin. Should be a fun winter.

mtbr member
    Was it a bullet? Seems black bullets are delayed.....

Quote Originally Posted by brulebike View Post
    Ordered my night train on Sept 14, just checked my ups shipping no and arrival date should be monday. Not too soon as snow is predicted for tommorrow in Northern Wisconsin. Should be a fun winter.
    Fat Bike for a Fat Bloke

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bennybullfrog View Post
    Was it a bullet? Seems black bullets are delayed.....
    Nope, this will be a "snow" bike initially. Wanted to keep it as light as possible. I'm thinking Blutos will be in short supply right now, I'd bet that is what will contribute to delay. This is like the countdown to the launch of space rocket, Glad I'm in on the experimental launch.

mtbr member
    Ordered mine in October. Ship Date said to be 11/10. NT 17.5 in Deep Purple. No movement or emails but I figured mine would be one of the last to go out.
    Glad to see they are starting to go out. I hope customs cooperates too!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Mine is a 17.5" purple NT as well. But I ordered on July 28th. No email/UPS movement yet. As said previously, these are most likely batched in containers (i.e. all of one model/size/colour together). Good to see no one got a purple 17.5" NT before me so far...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    White Sturgis Bullet 17.5 headed my way, tracking says Nov 7, but based on where it is now, I could see it getting into town here tonight for delivery on Nov 6. My order was 9/24 when I cancelled the previous order for a 17.5 rigid green Sturgis from a week earlier.

-edit - I was optimistic they'd zip right up I-35 and arrive a day early but looks like it's stuck in Kansas City.
    Last edited by ETChipotle; 11-05-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Shipping Stuck in Kansas

mtbr member
    May 2013

Motobecane Sturgis / Night Train Thread

Delivery date went from nov 7 to Monday November 10. All good! Just gotta figure out who will be home to accept the package.

siv
    mtbr member
    Mine shipped today, Purple Night Train 19.

mtbr member
    Ok...so I feel like I have the equivalent of fat bike blue balls .

After getting a call at 10:20am PST yesterday letting me know that my bike would ship yesterday there is still no movement on my ticket.

I called this morning and spoke with the same person and now the story is that "we are shipping a lot of bikes at the same time so it may take a while before your ticket is activated".

I know I've been waiting since July for this thing but c'mon. With the end so close in sight you can't mess with people's minds like this .

Just let me know that I should see something in the next couple of days/that "we'll get that out as soon as we can"...don't tell me it's going to ship on a date that it wouldn't.

/rant over....

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Mine is in St. Louis right now. More than half way here!

:-)
    My wife told me UPS usually gets to my house by 3PM so I am leaving work at 2 tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I was able to order an Old Man Mountain Phat Sherpa rack for the Night Train by calling and talking to the guys at OMM directly. They have to order a Roberts axle to make it work, and clamp mounts but it will ship to me I a couple of days. Looking forward to getting it and I will post how it goes once I get both the bike and rack. My bike has not shown any movement on the tracking number as of today.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    if looking to upgrade bottom bracket and crankset... what are the specifics.. is it press fit, threaded,, 120mm spindle? I know a lot seems to be out of stock a this current time.. waiting on the large sturgis bullet to arrive, supposedly by Monday... will have a few days before deer season opens up...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by siv View Post
    Mine shipped today, Purple Night Train 19.
    First purple NT I've seen movement on. Makes me giddy as I have a purple nt in 17.5 with my name on it, but no ups movement so far.

Not sure how the manufacturer grouped the bikes in the containers. By model, by size, or by colour?

Haven't seen anyone post of a 15.5" shipped yet, regardless of order date, model or colour.

I think I've seen nt, ntb, sturgis a sturgis bullets move. But not all colours. Song don't think they were grouped by model. Makes me think they are grouped by size/colour.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I believe the bottom bracket and cranks are PF30 bottom bracket and 100mm spindle w/ 190 spacing. I keep thinking about ordering another set of RF Ride cranks for this bike but going to hold off and hope these cranks are OK. I have a set of Ride cranks for 170 spacing sitting in my pile-O-Parts so can throw those on in a pinch but will probably have chain line issues. Will keep me riding in case of issues while I deal with mail order warranty. :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Destr0 View Post
    I believe the bottom bracket and cranks are PF30 bottom bracket and 100mm spindle w/ 190 spacing. I keep thinking about ordering another set of RF Ride cranks for this bike but going to hold off and hope these cranks are OK. I have a set of Ride cranks for 170 spacing sitting in my pile-O-Parts so can throw those on in a pinch but will probably have chain line issues. Will keep me riding in case of issues while I deal with mail order warranty. :-)
    Pretty sure the BB is 100m and the spindle is 120mm with washers on each side. As for the bottom bracket, what kind does the Boris use? BSA or PF?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    This is incorrect

The nt/sturgis frame is threaded bsa bottom bracket. 100mm shell. Requires 120mm shell spacing (ie meant for 190mm old tear/100mm bottom bracket + 10mm spindle spacer on each end) if you want to run 2x front.

If you run a 1x front, a spindle length meant for a 170mm old rear/100mm bb may be able to work provided:
    1. Race face direct mount: flip the ring to regain chainline
    2. Triple crank: put the ring in the outboard/large ring position, and check the arms to ensure they clear the chainstays. You should have good chainline.
    3. Double crank: use outer ring position and live with a poor chain line. You might also have issues with the chain rubbing on tires wider than about 4".

But without having these frames actually out in market, these are just my best educated assumptions for now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Received an email from Bikes Direct just now saying that my 17.5" Red Sturgis Bullet is stuck in customs:

Hi, thanks very much for your order with Bikesdirect.com. As you may have heard, some of the Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet arrived yesterday and began shipping. Unfortunately, as these were in several assorted containers, not all unloaded yesterday. Some containers were selected by U.S. customs to inspect.

If you are receiving this email then your bike was on one of these containers. We have no control over customs, their timing, or work load. However, we have made it clear to our forwarder that the outstanding containers are a hot rush. As soon as we get release and delivery on the remaining Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet bikes the remaining bikes will ship at once. The minute the remaining containers arrive to our warehouse docks we will email you to let you know when to start checking your tracking number.

Your bike will ship with the tracking number that was sent to you after you ordered. If you don't see that email, please check your spam folder. If you need to communicate with us regarding this order the best way is to reply to this email, or you can always call us at 904-249-2453. If you don't reach us between 9-5 EST just call back as we may be on the other line with a customer.

OTHER GOOD NEWS: the outstanding containers include some Fat Bike wheels that will go on sale for Black Friday promo - including some 29er wheels that will work on Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet.

We thank you for your business and most importantly your patience. We look forward to completing your order as soon as possible. Thanks for being a valued customer, you are saving hundreds with BikesDirect.com!

Thanks,

Order Processing Team at Bikes Direct

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I haven't gotten either email yet.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by neons97 View Post
    I haven't gotten either email yet.
    Just got my "sorry but yours is in customs" email.

Oh well, I guess the waiting game continues. What does it matter in the grand scheme of things? What's another couple of weeks after all this waiting? I wish I hadn't gotten the call yesterday telling me that mine was on the way though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hartzpad View Post
    Received an email from Bikes Direct just now saying that my 17.5" Red Sturgis Bullet is stuck in customs:

Hi, thanks very much for your order with Bikesdirect.com. As you may have heard, some of the Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet arrived yesterday and began shipping. Unfortunately, as these were in several assorted containers, not all unloaded yesterday. Some containers were selected by U.S. customs to inspect.

If you are receiving this email then your bike was on one of these containers. We have no control over customs, their timing, or work load. However, we have made it clear to our forwarder that the outstanding containers are a hot rush. As soon as we get release and delivery on the remaining Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet bikes the remaining bikes will ship at once. The minute the remaining containers arrive to our warehouse docks we will email you to let you know when to start checking your tracking number.

Your bike will ship with the tracking number that was sent to you after you ordered. If you don't see that email, please check your spam folder. If you need to communicate with us regarding this order the best way is to reply to this email, or you can always call us at 904-249-2453. If you don't reach us between 9-5 EST just call back as we may be on the other line with a customer.

OTHER GOOD NEWS: the outstanding containers include some Fat Bike wheels that will go on sale for Black Friday promo - including some 29er wheels that will work on Night Train Bullet, Night Train, Sturgis, and Sturgis Bullet.

We thank you for your business and most importantly your patience. We look forward to completing your order as soon as possible. Thanks for being a valued customer, you are saving hundreds with BikesDirect.com!

Thanks,

Order Processing Team at Bikes Direct

Yup I got the same one.......customs.....pffffft....

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    neons97.. thanks for the info on the bottom bracket crankset....deal

mtbr member
    These containers are filled with goods destined for businesses that need to run and turn a profit so I doubt that customs holds the goods up for very long at all. I would think no more than a day. Otherwise, I feel like this could be a convenient way for BD to buy some time if shipments are a little late.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My previously voided shipping label just went active. It says scheduled delivery is for Monday. I ordered a 17.5 black NTB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    17.5 Night Train Bullet in Matte Black coming my way by Friday. My birthday is today. An updated shipping number is a great present!!!
    2010 Stumpjumper Carbon Expert
    1998 Stumpjumer Comp
    2012 Airborne Wingman
    2014 Motobecane Night Train Bullet

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Same bike and shipping situation. Monday... Damn. At least it's happening!

Live Free & Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn View Post
    Same bike and shipping situation. Monday... Damn. At least it's happening!
    Yeah also got the dreaded held up by US Customs email. Patience is a virtue...pffft!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member

Murdered out XL NTB headed my way!

Guess maybe I should cancel all of those flaming crates of poo I just sent to the Port of Houston?

mtbr member
    I got the 'Stuck in Customs' Email but hoping it gets shipped out next week.
    The anticipation is killing me but I can still have fun on my FS bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    My ups tracking info says my 19"Sturgis Bullet in Gunmetal Grey will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to put it together and take it for a ride.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    Motobecane Sturgis Bullet (Arrived 11/6/14)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewr06 View Post
    I got the 'Stuck in Customs' Email but hoping it gets shipped out next week.
    The anticipation is killing me but I can still have fun on my FS bike!
    Wish I had this option....cracked my chainstay a couple of weeks back so not bike for me.

I was hoping to be on my bike much sooner. The "your bike shipped...oh wait, no it didn't" dance is not a lot of fun. Hoping that the customs hold isn't all that long and the bike is here in time to enjoy in no time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    UPS shows my bike is now at the distribution center near me!!! :-) Looks like tomorrow is a go! My handlebars were supposed to be here tomorrow too but now the tracking number says Saturday. :-{

mtbr member
    Was it shipped Yesterday? That's preetty impressive!

UPS shows my bike is now at the distribution center near me!!! :-) Looks like tomorrow is a go! My handlebars were supposed to be here tomorrow too but now the tracking number says Saturday. :-{
    Fat Bike for a Fat Bloke

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Turtle View Post
    I was able to order an Old Man Mountain Phat Sherpa rack for the Night Train by calling and talking to the guys at OMM directly. They have to order a Roberts axle to make it work, and clamp mounts but it will ship to me I a couple of days. Looking forward to getting it and I will post how it goes once I get both the bike and rack. My bike has not shown any movement on the tracking number as of today.
    Thanks for the mention Tin Turtle. Looking forward to seeing your Night Train fully outfitted with Old Man Mountain racks and our thru-axle. Please do post up photos, we love seeing our customer's bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I got the dreaded "your bike is stuck in customs" email.

Ordered July 28th
    NT, 17.5", Purple

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast