Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Interesting to hear about Nashbar. It makes sense considering their offerings in other areas (29er, 650b, fixie, etc.) It's good to have competition and broaden the range of available products to fit all price points.

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Dunno where BDs regular bikes are assembled, but the fatbikes are assembled at Ideal China, which is a very modern, top notch bike factory. They make/have made bikes for pretty much any major brand in the business. The factory is partly owned by Fuji bikes and make pretty much all the Fuji models.
    They build a lot of our mid end MTBs as well as hybrids and entry/mid road bikes. Our higher end bikes are assembled at the Axman factory in Taiwan (Axman builds the Surly and Salsa bikes as well). The reason why we build the high end models in Taiwan is that it turns out less expensive, since most of the high end parts are made in Taiwan, saving shipping cost to mainland China. I would have no problems having Ideal assemble our top of the line models, though, including the new 13.8lb XX1 equipped 650b model.
    In fact, we have had more quality issues with assembly quality and frame quality on the bikes coming out of the high end Axman factory than has been the case with frames and assembly out of Ideal. We have QA agents in both places.
    Since Ideal basically repainted and rebadged (as well as some spec change) our bikes and sold to BD, we probably should be ticked off, but having a US based company use our bikes boosts our image over here (Norway).
    A while back, we let our other fatbike supplier essentially rebadge one of our Mk2 prototypes to use as the Norco Bigfoot prototype that they showed this summer.
    They changed some stuff for production, but it has a lot in common with our Mk2 Mammut/BigBob.
    We have allowed Ideal to use our base model Mk3 spec available to other companies, as long as they don't sell to European brands, or brands shipping to Europe. However, our upcoming 25lb (or less) $2400ish bike/spec is off limits. Too much time/money put into developing custom stuff and spec solutions for that one.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes
    Our fatbike videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/NDprototyping?feature=mhee

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    Pretty sure Mongoose will be making some changes

this pic got leaked a few weeks back and few noticed. This is a 20"er. I'll bet they're hard at work on the 26er too

20" 7spds, disc brakes' look for it in January
    Lets get the kids out too and it wont break the bank
    nice thread guys...
    Attachment 833659
    taken from this thread

mtbr member
    If these bikes sold sold fast and are obviously your design why dont you ship to other parts of the world? Its pretty clear theyd sell. Id be pretty pissed if someone took my product and made money off it . No hate or anything honest question.

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmeathead View Post
    If these bikes sold sold fast and are obviously your design why dont you ship to other parts of the world? Its pretty clear theyd sell. Id be pretty pissed if someone took my product and made money off it . No hate or anything honest question.
    Good questions. On the copy part: it seems that the assembly factory is the one to blame, but as mentioned, for that specific model, and the small number of bikes, it is not a big deal, actually got us some valuable PR over here.
    We are not set up for export, unfortunately. The brands Diamant and Nakamura are owned by the biggest sporting goods company in Norway, and the bikes (annual production of around 100,000 bikes (120 different models)) are sold through our approx. 300 franchise stores, Intersport and G-Sport, and we can only sell to our own stores.
    With the new fatbikes, we are seeing some interest from abroad, and some customers from nearby countries like Sweden and Germany make the trip to buy bikes.
    We recently received our Mk2 bikes, and the 800 bikes sold out pretty much right away. Not bad in a country of not much more than 4 million.
    Last edited by Espen W; 09-22-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen W View Post
    On the copy part: it seems that the assembly factory is the one to blame, but as mentioned, for that specific model, and the small number of bikes, it is not a big deal, actually got us some valuable PR over here.
    It's nice to read that bikes direct didn't just steal your design. Wouldn't want that implied every time I ride. I'm also, glad you received some valuable PR for the Norwegian brand.

So, I guess, it was a win-win situation for both.

Thanks for a stunning design.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good questions. On the copy part: it seems that the assembly factory is the one to blame, but as mentioned, for that specific model, and the small number of bikes, it is not a big deal, actually got us some valuable PR over here.
    First, Espen thanks for your input to this thread (and others). I've learned something about the production side of bikes.

It certainly seems to me like your design is being ripped off. The factory wouldn't make those frames if they didn't have a buyer so in that sense BikesDirect is at least partly to blame. But, in another post you said you have QC agents at the factory - is it possible that these bikes (frames) are ones that did not pass your QC controls? That seems more like BD / Bike Island's business model.

I don't know how valuable the PR is if you're not in a position to take advantage of it by selling bikes here. If I were you, I'd be looking for a big US distributor/retailer. One order from a place like Performance could double your annual sales.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy View Post
    First, Espen thanks for your input to this thread (and others). I've learned something about the production side of bikes.

It certainly seems to me like your design is being ripped off. The factory wouldn't make those frames if they didn't have a buyer so in that sense BikesDirect is at least partly to blame. But, in another post you said you have QC agents at the factory - is it possible that these bikes (frames) are ones that did not pass your QC controls? That seems more like BD / Bike Island's business model.

I don't know how valuable the PR is if you're not in a position to take advantage of it by selling bikes here. If I were you, I'd be looking for a big US distributor/retailer. One order from a place like Performance could double your annual sales.
    I'm not going to get too in to this. I just love a good forum. Any one can say what ever they want. Even if the designer himself tells everyone he received valuable PR. Some one else will imply he didn't'

Too funny. :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo-Rider View Post
    I'm not going to get too in to this. I just love a good forum. Any one can say what ever they want. Even if the designer himself tells everyone he received valuable PR. Some one else will imply he didn't'

Too funny. :-)
    Guess I misunderstood what Espen meant by "here" in his statement. Apologies for my US-centric assumption.

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Yup, we received good PR here in Norway. Over here, it is often assumed that all MTB innovation happens in the US, so this has actually suprised quite a few folks and generated quite a bit of attention for our bikes. We see extensive copying done by our Norwegian competitors, but first time by a US based company, so that was actually pretty fun.

Of course, having an established brand like Norco use much of our spec (we allowed our common supplier to do that) is even better PR.

We'll see what the future brings in terms of distribution abroad. Fatbikes definitely have changed quite a few things.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

mtbr member
    Over here, it is often assumed that all MTB innovation happens in the US, so this has actually suprised quite a few folks and generated quite a bit of attention for our bikes.
    Help me out here. What exactly is "innovative" about this bike?

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Help me out here. What exactly is "innovative" about this bike?
    Mk2 isn't very innovative technology wise, that is why we don't have any big issues with Ideal/BD using that frame/fork/most of the spec, even though our Mk1/Mk2 bikes were among the first to use non-Surly parts: Weinmann rims, Samox cranks, Vee-Rubber tires, etc. We did develop the various rims with Weinmann, they are now being used by Norco, Felt, Kona, and a bunch of others.

Ours was the first affordable (non mailorder) fatbike (over here in Europe), with customers being able to purchase it at less than half the price of a standard Pugsley.
    As a result, the fatbike market here exploded, going from 50 bikes a year to us selling over 1000pcs already, in a population of 4 million. Basically sold out now, two weeks after the Mk2 bikes arrived. As a result, a bunch of other Norwegian brands have jumped on the bandwagon, with some being basically carbon copies of our models.

Techwise, the upcoming Mk3 is a lot more interesting:

New 1290g alloy frame (size 17'') even though production will likely see the 190mm version (approx 1490g)
    Custom 650g alloy fork (fully CEN approved) with space for 5'' on 103mm rims
    Custom PF30 crankset with easily adjustable chainline for clearing big tires.
    Custom sub 350g 190mm rear hub
    Custom alloy 103mm rims @ 850g
    Custom 19g grips that insulate extremely well, so perfect for winter use.
    New sub 220g 135mm front hub
    In addition, we designed the new Vee Rubber Snowshoe 4.7'' studable (300 studs) tire with Vee Tire.

Weight is in the 25lb range on 103mm rims front and rear and space for Bud/Lou and price will be sub $2400. Might drop down to 23lbs if we can get the 80mm version of Stan's rim in time for production.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    I received this confirmation email this morning:

"Hi, Thank you for pre-ordering a New Motobecane FatBike.

These bikes are being ordered at a rate that has shocked us; and they are sure to sell out before they land. We feel you will be extremely happy with this bike and look forward to your direct feedback on it. Please send your comments to Chris at bd4salesteam@aol.com or post on mtbr.com.

Your new Fat Bike is built by the same factory that builds bikes for Kestrel, Fuji, Specialized, and dozens of other quality brands [including Motobecane]. Even though the price we are selling the FB4 models at is rather low; we feel certain you will find itís construction is equal in quality to that of any $2000 Fat Bike.

Bikesdirect has not decided how broad to go in the Fat Bike market. We are considering bikes down to $399 and bikes up to $2500 Ti versions. Your purchase and input will be valuable in our decision making process. "

Thanks again

Be Safe and Have Fun
    Order Processing Team at Bikes Direct
    You must have gotten the special treatment. I ordered 2 of these bikes and I just got a generic thank you and shipment information email. They didn't elaborate at all about fat bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    For reference, here is the info I got after my orders:
    Hi, Thank you for pre-ordering a New Motobecane FatBike.

These bikes are being ordered at a rate that has shocked us; and they are sure to sell out before they land. We feel you will be extremely happy with this bike and look forward to your direct feedback on it. Please send your comments to Chris at bd4salesteam@aol.com or post on mtbr.com.

Your new Fat Bike is built by the same factory that builds bikes for Kestrel, Fuji, Specialized, and dozens of other quality brands [including Motobecane]. Even though the price we are selling the FB4 models at is rather low; we feel certain you will find itís construction is equal in quality to that of any $2000 Fat Bike.

Bikesdirect has not decided how broad to go in the Fat Bike market. We are considering bikes down to $399 and bikes up to $2500 Ti versions. Your purchase and input will be valuable in our decision making process.

Thanks again

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Techwise, the upcoming Mk3 is a lot more interesting:

New 1290g alloy frame (size 17'') even though production will likely see the 190mm version (approx 1490g)
    Custom 650g alloy fork (fully CEN approved) with space for 5'' on 103mm rims
    Custom PF30 crankset with easily adjustable chainline for clearing big tires.
    Custom sub 350g 190mm rear hub
    Custom alloy 103mm rims @ 850g
    Custom 19g grips that insulate extremely well, so perfect for winter use.
    New sub 220g 135mm front hub
    In addition, we designed the new Vee Rubber Snowshoe 4.7'' studable (300 studs) tire with Vee Tire.

Weight is in the 25lb range on 103mm rims front and rear and space for Bud/Lou and price will be sub $2400. Might drop down to 23lbs if we can get the 80mm version of Stan's rim in time for production.
    Espen:

Please think about finding a way to get these in the hands of MTBR readers worldwide. I volunteer to be the first to get pictures of a Diamant MK3 being ridden on the North Shore and around Whistler - that could get you some good street cred over there Of course, I'd need to find a rider with skills to be in the pictures - shouldn't be too hard around here.

I've wondered if the best way to get both weight and price down together was to integrate a custom lightweight frame, fork, crankset, hubs and tubeless rims. Kudos to Diamant/Nakamura for trying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    For reference, here is the info I got after my orders:
    That is funny that there is a difference in the order confirmation email. I went back through and checked both my orders and neither have this information. But I do have a tracking number that is good on October 8th so that is what matters.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just ordered a 19" pro (the other two models were sold out in that size). No tracking number yet, but it still says Oct 8-15 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
    That is funny that there is a difference in the order confirmation email. I went back through and checked both my orders and neither have this information. But I do have a tracking number that is good on October 8th so that is what matters.

midnight skulker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincup69 View Post
    $399 fat bike? Wow.
    Where is this one?!? the cheapest i see is $699.
    I wonder if I could mount a Rohloff on 0ne of these... Would that count as situational irony? Probably just counts as stupidity.
    Boy, are my parents gonna be pissed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    There is not one available for $399 right now. See my previous post with the BD email information. It is a price point they are considering if they like the way the 3 current models sell.

Based on the near sellout after only one week, I suspect more of the existing models and the other price points they mention are very likely to happen.

Quite a lot still rests on how well the actual bikes are received/reviewed. Will be interesting to see what happens.

mtbr member
    I would have already ordered on of these if they had them in the 21 inch frame. I want a fat bike. I wander if the largre size is coming or should i just order on the the new specialized fatboys?

midnight skulker
    Nothing but smalls left in any of the models... Curse you "sleep on it" thought!

midnight skulker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    There is not one available for $399 right now. See my previous post with the BD email information. It is a price point they are considering if they like the way the 3 current models sell.

Based on the near sellout after only one week, I suspect more of the existing models and the other price points they mention are very likely to happen.

Quite a lot still rests on how well the actual bikes are received/reviewed. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    Thanks Chader. I missed that nuance as I was skimming along late at night. I think you are right, and we may see these other price points. Perhaps they will make a Ti version in there as well. They offer their 29er in Ti, so it's not beyond possibility. I would have a hard time sleeping on that one! Anyone else interested? (They may be watching )

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    Nothing but smalls left in any of the models... Curse you "sleep on it" thought!
    YES! Professor Chaos is in the house!!!

...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

mtbr member
    How bad would it be for someone 5'10"ish to ride the small? My opportunity to finally purchase a new bike is with in the next 2 weeks and who knows when they will get the larger sizes back in. Measured my current bike yesterday and it is 16.5. How much of a difference does 1.5" make?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arock View Post
    How bad would it be for someone 5'10"ish to ride the small? My opportunity to finally purchase a new bike is with in the next 2 weeks and who knows when they will get the larger sizes back in. Measured my current bike yesterday and it is 16.5. How much of a difference does 1.5" make?
    Can't see it. 5'10 should be medium or maybe even large. I ride with two people that are 5'10... One rides 17.5 and the other 19. DO NOT make the mistake of buying a bike that doesn't fit. Trust me...there will be plenty if opportunities to get a deal on a fat bike , and they will likely get even cheaper.
    1.5 inches may not sound like a lot, but the entire bike will be smaller. Just offering my opinion, but wait...
    - MOOTS Mooto X
    - Salsa Fargo
    - Surly Pugsley

Black Sheep rising
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    Thanks Chader. I missed that nuance as I was skimming along late at night. I think you are right, and we may see these other price points. Perhaps they will make a Ti version in there as well. They offer their 29er in Ti, so it's not beyond possibility. I would have a hard time sleeping on that one! Anyone else interested? (They may be watching )
    FWIW, I'm not sure if a Ti offset frame would work well. One of the big advantages of Ti is its compliance, and I think that having non-symmetrical chain/seatstays would make for an oddly noodly ride. Not hardly an expert, however, so YMMV.
    Let the market decide!

N42.58 W83.06

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    15'' is rideable for you.
    We specified a fairly long TT so that riders could pic a frame with good standover clearance.
    They have an effective TT length of 588mm (23.15'') in that size.
    Reach is 594.1mm.
    Dunno if they use a 400mm post as we did. We used 80mm stem length for the 15'', not sure of BD did the same. Ask them, I'm sure they have all the info. Maybe.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but decided against it, no deal is good if the bike dosen't fit.

Is dang happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_tires_are_fun View Post
    Can't see it. 5'10 should be medium or maybe even large. I ride with two people that are 5'10... One rides 17.5 and the other 19. DO NOT make the mistake of buying a bike that doesn't fit. Trust me...there will be plenty if opportunities to get a deal on a fat bike , and they will likely get even cheaper.
    1.5 inches may not sound like a lot, but the entire bike will be smaller. Just offering my opinion, but wait...
    Disregard frame size numbers. Measure the effective top tube length of what you are riding and go from there.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Assuming BD is using the same numbers as Diamant...
    Here is the info EspenW posted earlier.

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/moto-bikes-direct-fatbikes-875900-5.html#post10684843

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like the top tube length difference is only a little over 1/2" between the small and medium frames. Ill have to measure my current bike this evening and see how it compares. If they are close it sounds like I may possibly just need to get a longer seat post and the small may work.

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    30mm difference from S to L. 588mm on S and 618mm on the L.
    I know ya'll know how to translate to British units if required
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

Oslo, Norway
    Feb 2012
    Fellas: just noticed that I made a typo earlier in the thread:
    Our Mk2 Diamant/Nakamura bikes (and by default the Motobecanes) have 21.5mm offset, not 17.5 as I posted. It was our Mk1 bikes that had 17.5mm

This provides excellent clearance. We have mounted Surly Lou on the 80mm rear rim w/o rubbing, but heavier riders will have some rubbing, but that tire is a monster, even on an 80mm rim. This is where our new 4.7'' Vee Snowshoe comes in.

Also:
    Due to production tolerances, on some bikes, we have seen slight front caliper to spoke contact during cornering. This is easily solved by placing thin washers (typically 0.8mm) between the hub and rotor.
    This was the case on our models that use Tektro HDC-300 brakes.
    It also seems that Tektro used an aggressive thread locking compound on the rotor and caliper fixing bolts. 20-30 seconds with a heat gun before unscrewing the bolts solves that issue.
    R&D Manager
    Diamant & Nakamura bikes

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like the top tube length difference is only a little over 1/2" between the small and medium frames. Ill have to measure my current bike this evening and see how it compares. If they are close it sounds like I may possibly just need to get a longer seat post and the small may work.
    I bought the 15 inch, mostly for my kids who are 13 and 10, average heights. I was thinking the 13 year old will fit perfect on it (he's about 5-5), and hoping my 10 yo can handle it (4-11), if not this year, then next year. I also want to be able to ride it when my (Non-fat) friends want to go for a fat bike ride. I'm 5-10 and have an 18 inch Pugsley that I will lend out to my riding buddies, as they are taller than me.

Yes, it's all about the reach. Check out Drevil's bike. That has what looks like a 13 inch seat tube.

mtbr member
    Just finished measuring my current bike. Top tube measured in at about 23.25". Think I'm gonna go ahead and order the small on Friday when I get paid. If it turns out to be too small I'm sure I'll probably be able to resell it for close to what it will cost me. Thanks for all the help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Aside from Bigbob and Mammut, which fatbike would you say this bike's geometry is closet to? Is this more of a trail geometry? Or more of a beach cruiser geometry?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSteep View Post
    Espen:

Please think about finding a way to get these in the hands of MTBR readers worldwide. I volunteer to be the first to get pictures of a Diamant MK3 being ridden on the North Shore and around Whistler - that could get you some good street cred over there Of course, I'd need to find a rider with skills to be in the pictures - shouldn't be too hard around here.

I've wondered if the best way to get both weight and price down together was to integrate a custom lightweight frame, fork, crankset, hubs and tubeless rims. Kudos to Diamant/Nakamura for trying.
    Seriously! That thT bike over here! You'd destroy qbp's offerings

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doom View Post
    Disregard frame size numbers. Measure the effective top tube length of what you are riding and go from there.
    As long as you don't run out of seat tube, I have this problem and it kinda sucks.

midnight skulker
    Quote Originally Posted by utabintarbo View Post
    FWIW, I'm not sure if a Ti offset frame would work well. One of the big advantages of Ti is its compliance, and I think that having non-symmetrical chain/seatstays would make for an oddly noodly ride. Not hardly an expert, however, so YMMV.
    point taken, and a good one at that. I hadn't thought of that, but I have been looking at some of the belt drive & IGH combos, and Gates requires frames be submitted for stiffness testing in order to qualify for a Rohloff/Gates configurations and there are several Ti frames that make it.

http://www.g-boxx.com/pdf/Frame-Manu...Overview-1.pdf

didn't notice a BD frame on there though. off topic? of course! (embrace the chaos- it could probably use a hug)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by utabintarbo View Post
    907 made ti offsets, they worked fine.
    Latitude 61

wannabe fat biker
    Sep 2012
    I have wanted a fat bike for years, saving here and there but never came close to getting the moonlander I wanted. Then I saw this option, a third the price. I quickily put an older bike on Craigslist and a few other things....my tracking number says October 15 as a ship date. I went with the mid level build for two reasons, flat black is my style and I'm not a huge fan of shimano acera (have that on my Diamond back 29er). I'm looking forward to joining the fat bike community.

Thank you Espen for all the insight.

Re: Moto / bikes direct fatbikes!

Quote Originally Posted by manfromwillow View Post
    I have wanted a fat bike for years, I went with the mid level build for two reasons, flat black is my style and I'm not a huge fan of shimano acera (have that on my Diamond back 29er). I'm looking forward to joining the fat bike community.
    Start doing smile exercises now while you wait... you'll be doing a lot of it when you get out on your new fat bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just finished measuring my current bike. Top tube measured in at about 23.25". Think I'm gonna go ahead and order the small on Friday when I get paid. If it turns out to be too small I'm sure I'll probably be able to resell it for close to what it will cost me. Thanks for all the help.
    If it's like most bikes i'd say...a medium would be closer.
    But back in the day...a lot of mediums had shorter top tubes than more up-to-date bikes.
    So if you can be happy with a longer stem...and you don't forsee any foot/toe interference from the front wheel...you'll be good to go one way or the other.
    ...Just my .02.

(I know...MTB-itis bites hard. LOL
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

wannabe fat biker
    Sep 2012
    JusHi, Thanks for being a smart cyclist and saving hundreds off your new Motobecane FatBike FB4

Update on your order - these incredibly fun Fat Bikes are nearly pre-sold out! Wow! Due to production timing and availibility, the factory had to change the tire spec from what was originally listed to the V-Rubber Wire Bead 72TPI. The 72TPI was the tire that was available at production time and is as pictured. If this is a deal breaker for you, PLEASE LET US KNOW RIGHT AWAY AND WE CAN REFUND YOU IN FULL.

Thanks again for being a smart cyclist and saving hundreds off your new Motobecane FatBike FB4.

Best regards,

The Friendly Folks at Bikesdirect.com got this in an email from bikes direct:

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by manfromwillow View Post
    JusHi, Thanks for being a smart cyclist and saving hundreds off your new Motobecane FatBike FB4

Update on your order - these incredibly fun Fat Bikes are nearly pre-sold out! Wow! Due to production timing and availibility, the factory had to change the tire spec from what was originally listed to the V-Rubber Wire Bead 72TPI. The 72TPI was the tire that was available at production time and is as pictured. If this is a deal breaker for you, PLEASE LET US KNOW RIGHT AWAY AND WE CAN REFUND YOU IN FULL.

Thanks again for being a smart cyclist and saving hundreds off your new Motobecane FatBike FB4.

Best regards,

The Friendly Folks at Bikesdirect.com got this in an email from bikes direct:
    Hmm, which model did you get? I wonder if they're doing this across all three. That would be really unfortunate as the lighter tire was one of the bigger differences. I haven't gotten an email yet (Pro 19")

EDIT: Damn, just got the same email. They should offer a partial refund for the difference.

wannabe fat biker
    Sep 2012
    I ordered the black one, mid level size large

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Re: Moto / bikes direct fatbikes!

Yep, I got the same email on the black large.

I wonder now if trying to move from black to green and save $200 due to all using same tire.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I ordered a 15" Comp (green), and got the same email. This is an upgrade for me as they had previously spec'd the Comps with the 27 TPI tires...I guess it pays to be a cheap a$$ from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by randomsample View Post
    EDIT: Damn, just got the same email. They should offer a partial refund for the difference.
    I dunno... you guys are still getting a killer price. Sell them online or local (or keep for backup) and buy a used set or new set of some lighter tires. Lots to choose from now.

But I do see where you are coming from... kind of "bait and switch"-like... but sounds like it was out of their control.

mtbr member
    I ordered the elite as well. However, I'm sure my bike will deliver the fun factor I was hoping.

I looked over the specs between the comp vs the elite and I feel I'm still getting a lot for not too much more money.

I'm going to feel like a kid opening a cracker jack box. I know there is something good inside.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast