mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Most Viewed MTBR Forum !

Yeah we win !

mtbr member
    How would you even go about finding that out?

mtbr member
    Yahtzee!

Self Inflicted
    Apr 2010
    The 29r forum still has more views. At least at the moment.

I personally liked this one better when there was less traffic.

Witty McWitterson
    The 29er forum was also more fun when it was small. Then the tweakers got it in their heads that 29er were actually fun to ride. Now look at it.
    Just a regular guy.

N+1

agreed

Marty, I remember the day that 29er went bigger than passion, to the top. Things were great on that forum, up to that point. Here we go again. All good fella's, but get ready for the masses.
    GET Bret Weir, I said.

mtbr member
    I remember when we didn't have a fat forum and we had to conduct business in the 29er and surly forum

Nice try
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the warm fuzzies! Hope we could all share the passion that is our bikes.......as I remember doing 28 years ago on my rigid Scott mtn bike with studs in the winter. I'm only here because I've only seen one other fat bike in town and its owned by a hotel to pull a trailer with. Not exactly a weath of knowledge there....... Until a flotilla emerges I have to hang here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by druidh View Post
    How would you even go about finding that out?
    Just went to the forum list page...369 on the 29er forum and 354 on the fat bike forum...

Come on guys!

5:50AM PST

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebherron View Post
    Yeah we win !
    Does that mean that the people who frequent the other forums are out riding their bikes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlandersk View Post
    Does that mean that the people who frequent the other forums are out riding their bikes?
    nope, it represents them taking care of huny-do's...

mtbr member
    I liked the forum in its early days when posts did not dissapear off the front page over night.
    Loads of threads start asking questions about fat bike stuff already asked - just use the search function!

I am one of the original forum members and at the time was the only Scottish fat bike rider,
    It has been great to see the forum grow in strenght and numbers
    Everything changes and the forum has, some things for the better some not,
    End of the day fatbikes are fatbikes, they are fun to ride and can be ridden some crazy places
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    sorry guys, but I must be one of those countless masses being talked about? Anyway thanks for all the advise and patience! I try to use the search engine but still end up with questions and as a new guy I'm asking more that giving. Isn't that the way it always happens? You can be so knowledgeable in one forum and a total newbie in another, it quite humbling ...... but have hopes to get my first fat bike soon and do a kick butt adventure with it!

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I remember when we didn't have a fat forum and we had to conduct business in the 29er and surly forum
    and the Alaska sub-forum.
    now we just lean the bike on the dead whale for the picture

still more good than bad IMO just a lot of repetition. had to happen I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

Strangelove
    Dec 2007
    It's inevitable that the Fat bike forum would grow in line with a greater interest in Fat bikes. I can't see the problem. As the genre expands we should get more choice as well as lower prices. We should get more people gathering together to have fun on these great bikes collectively, sharing great experiences. Surely this can only be a good thing?

My own experiences tell me that Fat bikes tend to be used by folk who have been riding for a long time, folk that no longer get sucked in by media and manufacturers. As such they have developed a certain maturity, not only in their riding habits, but in the way they deal with other people on forums. It's a good community, a respectful community, and I'm sure that will continue to influence newer disciples.

Si
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk
    . . .the home of the UK fat bike community

Icebiker
    ^^ Well said, Dr. S