mtbr member
    Jan 2003

Moonlander Spoke Length

Hey all;

Bought a Moonlander....letting the shop hold it until they get one in to replace it....so if someone comes in to check one out they have it....Fat Biking is catching fire here in Western PA....

But anyway, a couple other guys around the area bought a Moonlander this year too....so I thought about dressing mine up some to set it apart in the crowd.

I found Loaded Precision does some Awesome Anodized Spokes....so I'm going to pull the trigger on some Green Spokes, and re-lace the wheels...but as it's sitting up at the shop I figured I'd see if I can find the lengths of the spokes, and order them and drop them at the shop.

I'm going to continue to use the stock hubs so nothing is going to change but the spokes themselves.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Posted this in the Surly forum as well!
    Climbing Builds Character

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    Pull one and measure it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    oops forgot to explain that....sorry....my LBS still has the bike, told them to hold it till they got another one in, so if anyone came in that wanted to check out a Fat Bike they could....also two of the three guys in the shop are out of town for a week + leaving just one dude to run the shop, and he's way backed up with bikes to wrench on and new ones to build....I have a great report with them, so I'm not pushing the issue, I figured I can ask here, and look other places online and find my answer. You guys always have a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Besides all that Fall is just starting here and I'm still on my Lynskey most of the time, or my Road Bike....Love Fall.
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Moonlander spokes are probably in the 262-264mm range, and the Loaded ones are only available in 256mm, 258mm, 280mm, & 290mm. Unless your LBS has a Phil Wood spoke machine, you're out of luck. Your best bet will be get order some from Dan's Comp. They cut to length for you and have these: Primo XL 14 Gauge Forged Spoke at Danscomp
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Use this:
    Freespoke

I've built several wheels for my 'lander using this tool. Very helpful and accurate