Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    No email yet. I ordered on Jan 3rd. If I go to The House Website and click on Track Order on top of the page, my order still says as Processing which is what it's said since I ordered.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    No email yet. I ordered on Jan 3rd. If I go to The House Website and click on Track Order on top of the page, my order still says as Processing which is what it's said since I ordered.
    I ordered late of November/Early December and my order still says processing as well.

mtbr member

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes

Bought a 20" silver/red last Friday on eBay. Shipped today to arrive Wednesday.

MPE
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Same here, I ordered on 1/3/14 @ 11:00 am. This morning it says processing. Customer service says they forwarded my order to the warehouse for shipping and I should get another email today with tracking information. I hope the email is correct.

Take care,

Mike

Rocks belong
    They temporarily credited my Visa yesterday... Which made me a little nervous. Today my account doesn't show activity, from them... So who's knows. I ordered 1/16 so I'm way back of the line!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My track order page said to call for info. So, customer service said that a helmet that I bought was on back-order. She made it a separate order so it wouldn't delay bike shipment. She couldn't say when bike would ship, but I hope this will speed it up. Said they were now being inspected for quality control. Ordered mine 12-16-13.

gorilla
    May 2012
    ordered last week in november, order status still processing aka no movement.
    Yesterday i was told the extra wheelset was still at customs, and all orders wouldn't be shipped out till they were in. I asked to ship the bike separate since i dont need the extra wheelset till summer and I have the snow now for the fatty, but they would not budge.

if anyone has heard otherwise or has a better update that'd be great to hear.

mtbr member
    Some people that don't care for the extra wheelsets are actually cancelling their orders and ordering it on Ebay at the cheaper price minus the extra wheels.

One guy ordered yesterday morning and his bike has already shipped with an expected delivery of tomorrow.

I'm almost tempted to do the same but I'm trying to be patient and wait it out. I keep telling myself that we are still 2 days away from the original ship date of Jan 30th and I knew that when I ordered it so that's the only thing keeping me from ordering it on Ebay LOL
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Ordered my 18" White from DJs Boardshop via Ebay on Sunday 1/26, shipped yesterday for tomorrow delivery. I did not see any value on waiting for the bike based on an extra set of wheels that will never see the light of day. Also, will put the $90 saved towards some components that I will actually get some return on. Looking forward to hitting the trail on Thursday!!

Paper or plastic?
    Ordered mine a couple weeks ago or so. Called today and was told that it's shipping this afternoon (Tuesday 1/28) via Fedex ground.

Update: order has shipped. Won't be able to track it until Fedex updates its computers.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Ordered mine a couple weeks ago or so. Called today and was told that it's shipping this afternoon (Tuesday 1/28) via Fedex ground.

Update: order has shipped. Won't be able to track it until Fedex updates its computers.
    did you get a shipping email? seems odd that those of use that ordered back in november havent and your order placed a couple weeks ago did. Did you get teh slick or knobby 29er wheelset? I wonder if only one set are in?

Paper or plastic?
    Knobby wheelset

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Some people that don't care for the extra wheelsets are actually cancelling their orders and ordering it on Ebay at the cheaper price minus the extra wheels.

One guy ordered yesterday morning and his bike has already shipped with an expected delivery of tomorrow.

I'm almost tempted to do the same but I'm trying to be patient and wait it out. I keep telling myself that we are still 2 days away from the original ship date of Jan 30th and I knew that when I ordered it so that's the only thing keeping me from ordering it on Ebay LOL
    I cancelled my order with the plan to get the Ebay one. There was a hold on the funds on my CC that took 3 days to clear, so keep that in mind. Might just be worth it to wait it out.

I totally defected anyways and picked up a 2014 Pugsley...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My 18' Silver/Red bike and wheels that I ordered on Christmas day has shipped!!! It will get here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast just in time for 60 degree weather to return!

Galen

Rocks belong
    They just called me. Shipping this PM or tomorrow. Expected delivery in Denver Fri/Sat.

Sounds like this fresh snow we got last night will get test ridden Sunday before the Broncos win the Super Bowl!

Got the slicks, if it matters to anyone.

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    My 18' Silver/Red bike and wheels that I ordered on Christmas day has shipped!!! It will get here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast just in time for 60 degree weather to return!

Galen
    did you order the slick or knobby 29ers wheelset?seems like the only shipping are the knobbies

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    They just called me. Shipping this PM or tomorrow. Expected delivery in Denver Fri/Sat.

Sounds like this fresh snow we got last night will get test ridden Sunday before the Broncos win the Super Bowl!

Got the slicks, if it matters to anyone.

When did you place your original order?

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by chrixtopher View Post
    When did you place your original order?
    I ordered 1/16 so I'm way back of the line!

gorilla
    May 2012
    Man, you got the same order as me exactly and I ordered in november. Just called up and after being on hold 20 minutes they said it wont ship today. Not sure why it's not first come first serve?

Rocks belong
    Yeah, sounds like I got bumped somehow.

And they called me!

Who knows. Looking forward to fat biking Sunday!! (Pre-marriage counseling seminar Saturday... Would it set a bad tone if I blew that off to go fat bikin'?)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Dear Minnesota bikes/Framed/House customer service reps,

Because you've had to spend the past week/weeks fielding calls from folks wondering why their bikes haven't shipped ahead of the original shipping date which hasn't arrived yet, even while updates are happening on Facebook and on mtbr, I give you permission to run outside and curse every single one of the callers. Then come back inside and be really nice to all the folks that keep calling, but make sure to put each caller on hold for 30 minutes before answering.

gorilla
    May 2012
    yes, and make sure to please ship out the order in reverse order also. whoever heard of FIFO anyhow?

Rocks belong
    HA. No joke. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing?

The poor CS girl sounded stressed. I offered to buy her a drink, but she didn't know how to charge my card for it :-)

mtbr member
    HA. No joke. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing?

The poor CS girl sounded stressed. I offered to buy her a drink, but she didn't know how to charge my card for it :-)
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. They should of just stuck to original Jan 30th ship instead of teasing us with the earlier ship date. It probably would of saved themselves a lot of calls.

But on the other hand, the chance of an earlier ship date gave me the push I needed to order one. I was thinking of waiting it out until the Boris X9 became available but when I found out that the Minnesota 2.0 may ship early, that was the push I needed to place my order. Now that I know that the Boris X9 won't be available until mid-March, I'm even more happy I went with the Minnesota. Now I just got to get my hands on it LOL
    Last edited by Kawidan; 01-28-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

gorilla
    May 2012
    They were losing a lot of orders to folks canceling and buying on ebay. they had to keep stoking the fire. its all about supply and demand, and marketing rules in that game

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    They were not loosing any orders because they were the ones on E bay. They were selling the bikes without the wheel set for less $$. I searched their account and name was different but same location.

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    They were not loosing any orders because they were the ones on E bay. They were selling the bikes without the wheel set for less $$. I searched their account and name was different but same location.
    I meant people flipping to another fatbike. IE: not ordering another framed bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I meant people flipping to another fatbike. IE: not ordering another framed bike.
    So people were cancelling because the bikes they ordered were still set to ship out by the original shipping date? That's strange. Somebody should call customer service and ask.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    They are the ones who caused all this crap by moving the ship date up and then moving it again and again. They called back on Sat and said the bike would ship on mon and be delivered to WI on tue. Now it turns out they never shipped it at all. If you want to say that it still is not the original ship date you are correct, but they are the ones who leaked the 17th, 20th, 24th, and the last one 27th which did not come true.

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    So people were cancelling because the bikes they ordered were still set to ship out by the original shipping date? That's strange. Somebody should call customer service and ask.
    You could read this thread and see for yourself how others were going to, or we could all give each other nuggies and be inter web tough guys and not contribute anything useful to the thread?

mtbr member
    Back on track. The famous wheelset LOL

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-framed-mn1-bike-redblk-14-1.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    As I work in customer service, I really do feel for the people who are working the phones on this order. Yes, I know they are shipping early...but if they would have consistently put factual information on their Facebook page it would have kept down the phone calls. I never saw them list when the bikes actually came in or when the wheels came in. Maybe some teaser pics of the order arriving. Letting us know about the delay in shipping due to wheels not coming in would have saved them a bunch of calls. Don't sugar coat the situation...just tell us what is going on.

Galen

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I think I am the only one who actually wants the extra wheelset. I may even pick up an extra set when everyone starts selling off the ones they don't want! Part of the reason I purchased this bike is for commuting to work with an inexpensive bike and the 29er wheels will come in handy!

Galen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenCopes View Post
    I think I am the only one who actually wants the extra wheelset. I may even pick up an extra set when everyone starts selling off the ones they don't want! Part of the reason I purchased this bike is for commuting to work with an inexpensive bike and the 29er wheels will come in handy!

Galen
    I ordered the slick wheelset with the idea of turning the bike into a rigid 29er commuter in the summer time. Not sure if I'll actually convert it but having that option is nice.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    ;
    You could read this thread and see for yourself how others were going to, or we could all give each other nuggies and be inter web tough guys and not contribute anything useful to the thread?
    I been reading this thread since post #15. Man, some of you guys are wound pretty tight. Hope you get your bikes soon. Imagine what will happen to some of you if the bikes are a couple months late like the Specialized bikes. Oh, wait, you can order the same bike from the same company on Ebay right now, and it will even ship before Jan. 30th. Just trying to have some fun around here. No hard feelings intended.

Paper or plastic?
    Got my confirmation from Fedex. It's supposed to arrive Saturday in Norcal. Too bad, I'll be in the mountains this w-e. Time to check with Fedex to see if I can reroute the package.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I picked up my bikes today. The demand had them call the factory in Asia, and ask them to build over 3 times more than they expected. They got orders for more than they expected to sell all season in less than a week, so the factory was asked to build a much larger run. So I imagine that is the cause of the chaos some are experiencing. The spare wheels will come, I trust that they will, and the guys have been great to deal with. To be fair, I don't see that the House ever did anything but said they would ship on the 30th, it was Framed that was posting on their page. I asked the guys in the shop a couple of times about the timeline that Framed had posted, and they hadn't heard those things.

All I can say is I got the bikes and am pleased with how they came out. They did a good job on it, and even if it had been late, it wouldn't matter once I saw it!!! I know it is hard to be patient when you have a new bike coming, but understand that once it comes, you won't think again about it once you see it!!

gorilla
    May 2012
    Has anyone else wondered why it's called the Minnesota when it's clearly made in Asia?

mtbr member
    Framed Bikes is based out of Minnesota and the Framed Bikes Logo on the bike is an outline of the State of Minnesota.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-framed-mn2-bike-whtorg-14-7.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

MPE
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    That is good to hear Snopro440!

I received an email from the House saying my bike has been shipped. I checked the House site and the bike shows shipped, but not the 29' rims with trail tires. I actually want them too, but anticipate riding fat 99% of the time. FedEx confirmation email says shipped today and expected delivery in Miami, Florida on Friday. I doubt it will make it to me before the weekend. Most of my shipments seem to get close to me and then sit for a day. It happens a lot and is really frustrating.

Those of you who have received theirs, please keep your mini reviews coming. Thank you!

Take care,

Mike

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    They told me that Customs goofed on the wheels, and they were separated from the bikes. They are going to be arriving within a week I am guessing. They told me they would call me when they are in, and I can go and get them. I am thinking that they will ship the bikes without the second set of wheels, and when the wheels come in they will be sent separately. I don't KNOW that, but based on what they told me, that is what makes sense.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Received notice yesterday from both The House and Fedex that mine is in route to my home with 4 inches of fresh powder waiting.

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Truitnow View Post
    Received notice yesterday from both The House and Fedex that mine is in route to my home with 4 inches of fresh powder waiting.
    if you guys post shipping notice, it's nice to know the bike color/size and more importantly the extra wheelset choice - trail or skinny. also order date is nice to know as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    if you guys post shipping notice, it's nice to know the bike color/size and more importantly the extra wheelset choice - trail or skinny. also order date is nice to know as well.
    Dec. 5 - Minnesota 2.0 White/Orange 18in
    Slims slick 29in wheel set.

Anything else?

gorilla
    May 2012
    did the wheelset actually ship with the bike as well?
    thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    did the wheelset actually ship with the bike as well?
    thanks
    Yes it States on the invoice that the wheelset was shipped as well.

gorilla
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Truitnow View Post
    Yes it States on the invoice that the wheelset was shipped as well.
    Thanks, that makes you one of the first orders with slick wheelset to get shipped. amazingly yesterday to boot. enjoy your bike!

mtbr member
    This was posted on the Facebook Group.
    Unboxing and Assembly for those wondering what comes inside and what needs to be assembled. From the look of it, you need to install the front wheel, bars and pedals.

Here is his first impressions. Thanks to Chris for the pics.

Initial impressions: built like a tank, but not excessively heavy. Flat black finish is freaking awesome. Welds, while not bad, are not beautiful- but I expected that at this price point. Cassette looks low end, will have to see how that holds up, again - no surprise. TruVativ crankset looks adequate, cosmetically cool, should be easy to service if needed. Saddle- we will see, might be upgrading, ...no surprise. Cables good, love the white housing. Tires and wheels are sexy as hell, will report back on their performance on Fargo snow/ice. Love the Avid mech's, will be adjusting those and setting the pads this afternoon. SRAM system is new to me, will report back, but initial gearing adjustments seem to be close to "on", will have some cable stretch, no doubt.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-01.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-02.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-03.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-04.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-05.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-06.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-07.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-08.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-09.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-10.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-11.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-12.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-13.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Kawidan, do you work for the House? If not, they should pay you. You've been doing a great job keeping this thread up to date.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Kawidan, do you work for the House? If not, they should pay you. You've been doing a great job keeping this thread up to date.
    I wish I worked for The House, maybe I'd have my bike by now LOL

But seriously, I'm just a customer up here in Canada patiently waiting for his new Minnesota 2.0 to ship.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast