Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    At least this stops me from going down the road to pick up an X9 Beargrease...."mo money in the pocket".

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by truitnow View Post
    just talked to customer service and they said the same.
    x3...

mtbr member
    It seems that everyone who ordered a Minnesota 2.0, Motobecane Fantom FB4 Pro and Elite, and the Nashbar Fatbike are all patiently waiting for their bikes to show up.

As long as the others don't start showing up in the next few days, I'm going to stay calm and wait for my Minnesota to come in.
    Current bikes:
    2015 Framed Alaskan Carbon
    2015 Framed Alaskan Alloy
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    When I ordered mine a few weeks ago, the man said that they would come in around Feb 1st, Ship by Feb 5th. As far as I am concerned we are ahead of schedule, and if I get it earlier thats great, but if it is feb 1-5, thats what I had been expecting!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I was looking at Fat's, how much to these bikes weight with mid range components?
    Can't find any info on the www.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by durielk View Post
    I was looking at Fat's, how much to these bikes weight with mid range components?
    According to the GearJunkie review, the 2.0 weight 34lbs 14 ounces. Here was the quote

"It weighed 34 pounds, 14 ounces on our scale covered in dirt and slush from the trail."

From this review

First Look: $899 'Minnesota' Fat Bike | Gear Review | Gear Junkie
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by durielk View Post
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-framed-minesota-2.0.png

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thks, I guess I was on another www site.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The bikes have been in for a week now and they are holding them because of the extra wheel set not coming in. That is why they are selling them on E bay without the 29er wheels. Go to E bay and put in Framed fat bike 2.0 they sold a bunch already and only have a few left.

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    Honestly, I'd keep the black/white. I've read black rims like to collect snow on the trails. They warm in the sun then freeze again when snow hits them.
    No they don't. That is a complete falsehood.

Trust me.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Adventure View Post
    No they don't. That is a complete falsehood.

Trust me.
    Apparently my thoughts + $1 will buy you a cup of coffee. Lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I cancelled my order last night. Too much shenanigans... Plus my card was never charged. I already have a 29r so the wheels were not a factor for me. I was going to order the Ebay version but waiting to here when it would ship.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    The bikes have been in for a week now and they are holding them because of the extra wheel set not coming in. That is why they are selling them on E bay without the 29er wheels. Go to E bay and put in Framed fat bike 2.0 they sold a bunch already and only have a few left.
    They must think that the wheels will be in shortly behind it, otherwise, I think it would be more important to deliver to deadlines and pay the extra shipping for wheels, than to hold back on the bikes with the wheels people need.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm surprised how worked up people get over a few days, kinda a small detail for something that you will own for a couple years and scheduling any event based on a web order will always be risky. From a dealers point of view, delivering early and keeping the excitement up is good, but it might be best to keep quiet about shipping early until you have solid information and can send out tracking numbers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I would rather see the bike sooner, last week and get the wheels later or not at all and save the $90 at their E bay price with free shipping. The extra wheel set seemed kind of shady anyways. If I was out to buy a 29er wheel set that one would not even be in my top 10 list of wheels to buy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I see the extra wheels as a pair of hubs to build up a set of Surly wheels on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LO4U2C View Post
    I'm surprised how worked up people get over a few days, kinda a small detail for something that you will own for a couple years and scheduling any event based on a web order will always be risky. From a dealers point of view, delivering early and keeping the excitement up is good, but it might be best to keep quiet about shipping early until you have solid information and can send out tracking numbers.
    I'm not sure the term "worked up" is used correctly. Most of the stuff I'm seeing is people who have events already scheduled(not around fatbike specifics) and would love to use their new bike if possible. I have a Marin hardtail 29r that I'll take if it doesn't work out. Fat bikes have that fun, special feel...so it's only natural that people want to use them. No one is upset with Framed, at least I'm not.

mtbr member
    As has been posted by several others, it looks like the 2.0 are shipping on Monday.

The latest update from Framed Bike's Facebook Page as of 5 minutes ago.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-framed-update.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiski View Post
    I would rather see the bike sooner, last week and get the wheels later or not at all and save the $90 at their E bay price with free shipping. The extra wheel set seemed kind of shady anyways. If I was out to buy a 29er wheel set that one would not even be in my top 10 list of wheels to buy.
    +1

My only gripe, and its a small one, is the added cost for the cheap wheelset. They should have offered an option to buy the bike without the extra wheels and add the wheels for $90, rather than try to pawn them off as free. This wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't decided to sell it on eBay for $90 less without the extra wheels, but the cat is out the bag now.

I'm sure many would have preferred to pocket the $90 and get their bike earlier.

Ohh well. Either way, its a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LO4U2C View Post
    I see the extra wheels as a pair of hubs to build up a set of Surly wheels on.
    The quando hubs are probably my least favorite thing on the Minnesota 2.0. The last quando hubs I had were really, really bad. Granted they were a different size. I hope the ones on the Framed bikes are better. *fingers crossed*

mtbr member
    I agree I never owned a bike with Quando Hubs but from what I've read the reviews haven't been favorable.

But I'm not going to knock them until I try them. The good thing is that we have a spare 170 hub that can be cannibalized from the 29er wheelset if needed but I see a Hope Pro 2 Evo 170mm Fatsnow Hub in my near future

Amazon.com: Hope Pro 2 Evo Rear Fat Bike Hub QR 170mm 32h Disc Red: Sports & Outdoors
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LosPollos View Post
    +1

My only gripe, and its a small one, is the added cost for the cheap wheelset. They should have offered an option to buy the bike without the extra wheels and add the wheels for $90, rather than try to pawn them off as free. This wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't decided to sell it on eBay for $90 less without the extra wheels, but the cat is out the bag now.

I'm sure many would have preferred to pocket the $90 and get their bike earlier.

Ohh well. Either way, its a good buy.

The quando hubs are probably my least favorite thing on the Minnesota 2.0. The last quando hubs I had were really, really bad. Granted they were a different size. I hope the ones on the Framed bikes are better. *fingers crossed*
    This was the primary reason I didnt order this bike. They could advertise free all they want but I had a feeling there was a cost associated with it. For someone looking for multi purposing a bike this is great but I didnt need another 29er hardtail and counting on selling the extra wheelset to offset cost never works out. I wish they would have offered a 29+ wheeelset as an option, even at additional cost I would have been all over it.

MPE
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hey All,

I just hung up with The House Customer service. They wanted to verify my credit card info (billing address different than shipping address). She said they would be shipping mine Monday and it should arrive Thursday! She was real cool and nice. Even though I was hoping it would arrive earlier, it is still shipping earlier than I was told when I ordered, so all is good.

Kawidan, thanks for all your efforts and posts about these bikes. I appreciate it.

Take care,

Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mncyclist View Post
    Okay,

I just got back from a test ride at the House on the 2.0. I've been a bit skeptic up to this point but the bike rides really well. The shorter geo made the bike more playful than any other fat bike I've ridden. I agree with the gearjunkie review that it's probably not an ideal endurance bike but that's not what I'm looking for. I was also surprised that even the 20" fully built weighed in under 35lbs.

Tires - I've been discussing 'Fat Tires' for a while with friends and exchanging emails with info@framedbikes.com. This newer 120tpi Mission tire has been getting some good reviews. The only negative I could find is that I may want a slightly knobbier tire in winter for deep snow at times. That said, is was ridding around in mush on the streets and a couple inches of fresh snow (in yards) and they seemed to hold really well. The higher the TPI the softer/more supple the rubber stays in cold weather. I plan to ride this bike 365 with the 4" tires and I'm most excited about spring/summer/fall riding...and that's where I feel that the Nate's will be too knobby. So ideally I would have two sets of tires but that gets expensive. I looked at the 29er semi slick wheel set too and it looked pretty good. I did not get a chance to ride them though due to time and conditions. But it comes with rotors and cassette which I didn't realize...that will make the switch pretty slick.

Size - I'm 5'11" and the 18" was my size.

I ended up buying the 18" Silver with anodized rim/hubs. Now I just have to wait!
    mncyclist,

Glad to hear someone actually got to test ride one of these. I realize they wanted to make this a maneuverable ride, but that top tube length looks ridiculously short. I want to pull the trigger on one but am torn between an 18" and 20", but even the TT length of the 20" is shorter than most. Does anyone else have any first hand experience with the fit?? 5'11" w/ 33" inseam here

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Glad to report that someone local got their bike today so they do exist LOL

This was just posted on the Framed Minnesota Fatbikes Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6912...group_activity

Name:  eric.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  64.0 KB
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHyz View Post
    mncyclist,

Glad to hear someone actually got to test ride one of these. I realize they wanted to make this a maneuverable ride, but that top tube length looks ridiculously short. I want to pull the trigger on one but am torn between an 18" and 20", but even the TT length of the 20" is shorter than most. Does anyone else have any first hand experience with the fit?? 5'11" w/ 33" inseam here

Thanks!
    I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam and ordered the 20" after test riding both the 18 & 20. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between them however I only road each bike for about 10 minutes in the parking lot. I'd suggest calling them and asking for the bike shop. The House is also a LBS and are very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_biker View Post
    I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam and ordered the 20" after test riding both the 18 & 20. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between them however I only road each bike for about 10 minutes in the parking lot. I'd suggest calling them and asking for the bike shop. The House is also a LBS and are very helpful.

Thanks for the info mn_biker. Looking at the geometry, there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the 18 and 20. They both seem to be on the "cramped" side. Did you get this feeling riding it? What are your other bike sizes, if you don't mind me asking. I don't know that I want to wait until april to get the 20 when the 18 is in stock. Guess I will call and talk to the bike shop. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Couple pics of the real thing.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-1535562_10202957588930142_644146069_n.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-1620802_10202957590690186_621443671_n.jpg
    The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-1653412_10201053295685722_431391996_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHyz View Post
    Thanks for the info mn_biker. Looking at the geometry, there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the 18 and 20. They both seem to be on the "cramped" side. Did you get this feeling riding it? What are your other bike sizes, if you don't mind me asking. I don't know that I want to wait until april to get the 20 when the 18 is in stock. Guess I will call and talk to the bike shop. Thanks again.
    Cockpit did not feel cramped on either. Ride just felt much more fun and nimble like a sports car, where the Pugs I demoed earlier in the day felt like a station wagon from the 80's in comparison.

I own a large Trek and every bike I have ever demo'd was a size large.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    Couple pics of the real thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1535562_10202957588930142_644146069_n.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	864872

Name:	1620802_10202957590690186_621443671_n.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	864873

Name:	1653412_10201053295685722_431391996_n.jpg 
Views:	1603 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	864875
    Looks pretty good. My plan is to replace the rear derailleur and the crank rings right away with my spare parts. Should be a hoot. Let's see how fast they ship.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    For those wondering, the decals appear to be under the clear coat. I know some people were wondering that.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Did you pick yours up?

mtbr member
    Nope mine has to ship but 2 guys on the Facebook Group picked theirs up today. One guys just posted a mini-review and it sounds promising. Here's what he had to say.

Just got back from my first ride. About and hour, 7 miles, on snow packed city roads. I do have one complaint. I'm cold, but that's about it. From a road biker looking for some winter fun and fitness I would have to agree with the write up on GearJunkie. You are definitely over the bar and it has a lively, fun feel. At 6'3" on the 20in by the end of the ride I felt like I wanted just about an inch more of reach, (maybe used to road bike?) but I'm sure I can tweak the setup a bit to achieve that. Probably just slide the saddle back?) The best compliment I could give it was after riding it a few blocks I stopped thinking about the bike and was just having fun being outside in the winter. When I got home, I was cold, but couldn't put it away right away, had two do a few extra laps in the alley.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Sounds good. Wow those wine rims and hubs look nice. The House pics on the site really give no justice to that grey red combo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Truitnow View Post
    Sounds good. Wow those wine rims and hubs look nice. The House pics on the site really give no justice to that grey red combo.
    Yup I'm also really digging the Silver/Red combo. Those anodized rims look some nice. I have the White/Orange ordered but if I order a second one for the GF, it will definitely be a Silver/Red.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I doubt if the hubs are orange on the White/Orange 2.0
    That wine hub opposite the rims is eyecatching.

mtbr member
    You are correct, the White/Orange hubs are black.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plaindave View Post
    Does anybody know if the rear hub is a new style cassette freehub or the old style screw on freewheel? The Quando website only shows one 170mm hub and it's a screw on style. I haven't seen that used in over 20 years. Not sure id want one.
    I don't see the fatbike hubs on the Quando website. It looks like the 170 on the freewheel hub is describing the total axle length as a bolt-on. The frame width looks like it's 114mm. Didn't see a 135 front or 170 rear, website may be behind on product. Also, spec sheet says SRAM 9 spd, and I don' believe they make a 9spd freewheel.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Minnesota 2.0 maiden voyage

Picked up my new ride today. The silver/red looks sharp, it felt comfortable to ride, handle great. Here she is on her first ride in the Minnesota tundra
    The 29'er wheelset will be arriving by middle of the week.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-0b5zcrad2suwftemzdvjzbg40y0e_kindlephoto-34878980.jpg

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-0b5zcrad2suwfcknay3i0ovvgy28.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophion13 View Post
    Picked up my new ride today. The silver/red looks sharp, it felt comfortable to ride, handle great. Here she is on her first ride in the Minnesota tundra
    The 29'er wheelset will be arriving by middle of the week.

Name:	0B5ZCrad2sUwFTEMzdVJZbG40Y0E_kindlephoto-34878980.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	865226

Name:	0B5ZCrad2sUwFckNaY3I0OVVGY28.jpg 
Views:	1268 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	865224
    Congrats on the bike Ophion13

That Silver/Red Combo is really starting to grow on me.
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but since you have the bike now, can you confirm if the rear hub is a screw on freewheel or freehub w/cassette? Hoping to have mine by the weekend.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Awesome! Glad to start seeing these pop up. I called in requesting a status for shipping out of curiosity. The rep was extremely nice and told me I would likely have my bike by the 1st of February. I asked about the second set of wheel rumors, and he indicated they had arrived behind, but made it sound like the time crunch was building up the preorder bikes. I'm assuming they would ship out bikes in the order of preorders recieved. Mine was back in November, so I'm guessing I should be up soon. I'm pretending that it wont be here for another two weeks, just so I won't get excited.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBLoCo29 View Post
    Not sure if I missed it in a previous post, but since you have the bike now, can you confirm if the rear hub is a screw on freewheel or freehub w/cassette? Hoping to have mine by the weekend.
    Here is a picture of the cassette that was posted on the Facebook group. It appears to have a lock ring on the cassette so it appears to be a regular freehub with cassette.The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-558301_10152588005773662_802182689_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It says SRAM 9 speed on the specs, I don't think I have ever seen a SRAM 9 speed freewheel, so I think it has to be a cassette. Mine should be built in the next day or 2, when I pick them up I'll confirm if no one else has already done so.

mtbr member
    Thanks, just saw that too. Definitely looks like a freehub/cassette .

Quote Originally Posted by Kawidan View Post
    Here is a picture of the cassette that was posted on the Facebook group. It appears to have a lock ring on the cassette so it appears to be a regular freehub with cassette.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	558301_10152588005773662_802182689_n.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	865266

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I ordered my 18" white/orange yesterday and they said it would be ready for PU by Friday. They are completely sold out of ALL 20" frame size. I'm 6'1" with a 32 inch inseam and the 18" felt just fine. I test drove the 20" and it didn't seem that different. I think the sales guy said they still have 156 of the 18" left. Can't wait to take it out. -17 and -35 windchill today in MN so i wouldn't ride anyway.

Paper or plastic?
    Called customer service today. They're starting to ship this afternoon through Wed. My guess is that I won't have it by the time I go to the mountains this w-e, being in CA. The closer to MN, obviously, the faster you'll get it.

On a separate note, their CS reps are really cool.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Glad to report that the tires are Tubeless Ready. This is going to be one of my first mod.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-10182_10152588184133662_1965461575_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    A nice Black one with Blue Surly Strips and Surly Nate tires.

The Minnesota 1.0 and 2.0 Fatbikes-1662483_682892315065949_266682045_n.jpg
    Current bikes:
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Trying to be patient, but couldn't resist calling the bike shop. FYI for locals waiting to pick theirs up... they are building them in order that people bought them. I put in my order on 12/26 and his rough guess was end of the week, but no later than mid next week. The demand for these bikes has been strong.

MPE
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Has anyone received an email saying their bike has been shipped? If yes, when did you place your order?

Patiently waiting....

Take care,

Mike

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast