Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 99
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094

    Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?

    I have some new wheels coming in next week from my Mukluk that would benefit greatly from these tires. The wheels will have 27.5 x 50mm carbon rims. I have been searching for these tires with no luck.
    Any other suggestions for other tire options are also appreciated. I need something with good sidewall protection because I ride in rocks a lot.

  2. #2
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    I have some new wheels coming in next week from my Mukluk that would benefit greatly from these tires. The wheels will have 27.5 x 50mm carbon rims. I have been searching for these tires with no luck.
    Any other suggestions for other tire options are also appreciated. I need something with good sidewall protection because I ride in rocks a lot.
    The Bontrager Hodag's have a durable casing. I've been running them on my 5 x 5" travel B Fat FS bike for 6+ months. Love 'em.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    That's good to hear. Thanks. Have you had a chance to ride them in snow yet? They look solid for dirt and rocks.

  4. #4
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    That's good to hear. Thanks. Have you had a chance to ride them in snow yet? They look solid for dirt and rocks.
    Packed snow, yes, and they did great. But nothing loose or deep yet.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    Thanks again for the reply. I might have to settle for Hodags until the Minions come out.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    The Bontrager Hodag's have a durable casing. I've been running them on my 5 x 5" travel B Fat FS bike for 6+ months. Love 'em.
    Buddy of mine slashed his rear (Farley hardtail) in the rocks, wouldn't seal and he had to throw a tube in it.
    2015 Specialized Stumpjumper 29er HT
    2015 Mongoose Vinson fat bike

  7. #7
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    Buddy of mine slashed his rear (Farley hardtail) in the rocks, wouldn't seal and he had to throw a tube in it.

    Yes, this happens to all tires, all the time.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    ....... Mukluk .........wheels will have 27.5 x 50mm carbon rims. ........
    Robbie, that Rolling Darryl you sold me fits a 26x4.8 Minion FBF in the rear of my 2013 with the alternators 1/2 way back. Nice and tight against the seat tube.

    Doesn't get your new wheeset rolling but will fit your current set in the mean time if you want to try the tread and increased volume.

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: Walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,174
    The Hodags are pretty close to DH tires, or at least as close as you'll get right now. And they're not stupid heavy. If you run them on ~50mm rims the sidewalls are nicely protected by the knobs and I like the profile.

    Can you kill them? Yes. You can kill anything. But they are a very, very capable tire if you're waiting on the Minion.

    And for once, and probably the only time ever, I have more experience with a tire on snow than Mike! I rode 27.5 Hodags (on a 5" travel FS bike) in the snow all season last year (but keep in mind I mostly ski in the winter, so that was only ~100 miles total). IMO they are underwhelming snow tires at best. If you just want one tire to do it all, I might give them the nod, but really the Hodags are better on dirt. They are really the smallest "fatbike" tire that exists (even narrower than the Nates) and if you want to ride lots of snow, I'd do the Barbis (if you want 27.5) or any number of 4.5+" 26er tires instead.

    -Walt

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    Brad: Thanks for tip. At this point I am planning on hanging on to the old wheels. They are currently set up with Nates. I can go wider if I need it this winter
    Walt: Thanks for the review. For right now the Hodags are going to have to work as they are the only 27.5 x 3.8 tire that I know of.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    I got the wheels and tires end of the week. I mounted them up Saturday morning. I took some quick pictures of the Hodags on the 50mm rim next to other wheels for comparison.
    80mm rim with a 3.8 Nate
    Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-0ad3c082-aed7-416c-bf53-3f3c0f8ffa31_zpsv3n02dak.jpg
    front view
    Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-4027e54e-a49e-4c41-876a-d0a28ea93279_zpshe4b72xf.jpg

    29 x 2.35 Minion on 30mm internal width
    Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-a17db4d9-ea77-477a-8882-a6de3ab94f08_zps5s4rhb2d.jpg

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jpfurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    I got the wheels and tires end of the week. I mounted them up Saturday morning. I took some quick pictures of the Hodags on the 50mm rim next to other wheels for comparison.
    80mm rim with a 3.8 Nate
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0AD3C082-AED7-416C-BF53-3F3C0F8FFA31_zpsv3n02dak.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	1100286
    front view
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4027E54E-A49E-4C41-876A-D0A28EA93279_zpshe4b72xf.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	1100287

    29 x 2.35 Minion on 30mm internal width
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A17DB4D9-EA77-477A-8882-A6DE3AB94F08_zps5s4rhb2d.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	1100289
    So is it safe to say it's slightly taller then the Nate and a touch shorter then the 29 minion?

  13. #13
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    So is it safe to say it's slightly taller then the Nate and a touch shorter then the 29 minion?
    I measured a B Fat Hodag on a 50mm rim and a 29 x 2.5 Minion on a 40mm rim. Height was within a millimeter. Effectively identical.

    Because the (nominal) 2.35" Minions are so low-volume, I'd think they'd be ~5mm shorter in overall height than the Hodag.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jpfurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I measured a B Fat Hodag on a 50mm rim and a 29 x 2.5 Minion on a 40mm rim. Height was within a millimeter. Effectively identical.

    Because the (nominal) 2.35" Minions are so low-volume, I'd think they'd be ~5mm shorter in overall height than the Hodag.
    Sweet, thanks Mike! Do you stock them or have a recommendation on where to order?

  15. #15
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    Sweet, thanks Mike! Do you stock them or have a recommendation on where to order?
    I do stock the Hodag's and ship daily. Your local Trek dealer can get them for you too.

    Also, not sure if everyone has seen these yet, but Bontrager now makes a 27.5 x 4.5" Gnarwhal. The set I have measured 4.44" on an 80mm rim at ~15psi. That's new, unstretched.

    Big, aggressive tread blocks.

    They come unstudded, but with stud pockets so that you can add your own. IIRC there are 216 pockets per tire.

    IMO this tire (studded or not) is the one that will put B Fat on the map for John Q. Public. Pending actual on-snow testing, I'm betting my sweetie will be on these this winter instead of her all-time-favorite Bud/Lou.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jpfurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    376
    I have seen pics of the gnarwhal, but I'm working with a 50mm rims. You think they are worth a shot or stick to the 3.5-3.8's?

  17. #17
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    I have seen pics of the gnarwhal, but I'm working with a 50mm rims. You think they are worth a shot or stick to the 3.5-3.8's?
    Hodag's are perfect on 50 - 60mm rims. Gnar's are much, much bigger tires: I'd want an 80mm rim at least for them.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jpfurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Hodag's are perfect on 50 - 60mm rims. Gnar's are much, much bigger tires: I'd want an 80mm rim at least for them.
    Right on, Thanks!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BikesOnSnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    277
    Hey Mike, will the Gnarwhals fit on the Fatillac? Or Farley EX?
    In the summer I build trails: www.sinuosity.net
    In the winter I build these: www.fatbikeskis.com

  20. #20
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by BikesOnSnow View Post
    Hey Mike, will the Gnarwhals fit on the Fatillac? Or Farley EX?
    No, and I don't know. These are *huge* tires.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    The Bontrager Hodag's have a durable casing. I've been running them on my 5 x 5" travel B Fat FS bike for 6+ months. Love 'em.
    Interesting to hear about good experience of a Bontrager tire. Is it good on wet roots and rocks? How is the rubber compared to more sticky compounds, just wonder since the Bontrager rubber compound is known for me to be really firm.....

  22. #22
    Big wheels keep on rollin
    Reputation: senor_mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I measured a B Fat Hodag on a 50mm rim and a 29 x 2.5 Minion on a 40mm rim. Height was within a millimeter. Effectively identical.

    Because the (nominal) 2.35" Minions are so low-volume, I'd think they'd be ~5mm shorter in overall height than the Hodag.
    Mike ... what is the actual diameter? I'm considering building a set of 27.5 wheels for my Ritchey Commando. Seems like I could fit something 750mm diameter easily.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,260
    Good to see a new tire available in B Fat! Mike, can you comment on the size of the new Gnarwhal compared to the Barbegazi?

    I'm hoping for something right between the Hodag and Barbegazi, but have a feeling the Gnarwhal is not it.

  24. #24
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by senor_mikey View Post
    Mike ... what is the actual diameter? I'm considering building a set of 27.5 wheels for my Ritchey Commando. Seems like I could fit something 750mm diameter easily.
    I'd have to measure again to be 100% sure, but the number that sticks out in my memory right now is 778. And that's unstretched. Hyuge.

    Edit! The above is for the new B Fat Gnarwhal.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  25. #25
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    Good to see a new tire available in B Fat! Mike, can you comment on the size of the new Gnarwhal compared to the Barbegazi?

    I'm hoping for something right between the Hodag and Barbegazi, but have a feeling the Gnarwhal is not it.
    Casing width and height are ~identical between Gnar and Barbe. Tread blocks are much taller on Gnar, giving it a slight increase in height if measured when sitting on a hard surface.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Casing width and height are ~identical between Gnar and Barbe. Tread blocks are much taller on Gnar, giving it a slight increase in height if measured when sitting on a hard surface.
    Thanks for the info Mike. Not the tire I'm looking for I guess. The wait continues for the Maxxis offerings...

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,914
    Any word on release date?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    I'm a little bit surprised that 27.5 x 3.8 Minions are not available in US since I have been riding them for a couple of weeks already here in Finland. Mounted on a Farley 9 and FBF in both front and rear since it looked like installing studs on FBR can be more challenging. Rear has been installed against its suggested rolling direction.

    I've been riding them on maybe 2" of snow and traction is excellent. As compared to Hodags, they seem to have more rolling resistance.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,223
    would you mind sharing where you purchased them from?

    Quote Originally Posted by zebster View Post
    I'm a little bit surprised that 27.5 x 3.8 Minions are not available in US since I have been riding them for a couple of weeks already here in Finland. Mounted on a Farley 9 and FBF in both front and rear since it looked like installing studs on FBR can be more challenging. Rear has been installed against its suggested rolling direction.

    I've been riding them on maybe 2" of snow and traction is excellent. As compared to Hodags, they seem to have more rolling resistance.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dRjOn View Post
    would you mind sharing where you purchased them from?
    Local Trek dealer here in northern Finland. They originally had just one but got the second one after they ordered them somewhere, took just two days to arrive.

    I cant see them available in any webshop in Europe, except one located in Finland (hi5bikes.fi). They list them and FBF is priced @ 95 Euros. I paid 170 Euros for two from the Trek dealer.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,223
    many thanks! i've put an order in so will see what happens. thanks for the info!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24
    The FBF 27.5x3.8 is showing available on Maxxis website $120.00 U.S. each

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Any word on release date?

    The 27.5x3.8 FBF Minion you can get in US here: (FBR not available)

    Bicycle, Fat Bike / Plus Tire, Minion FBF*

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,914
    Yup, but no FBR. Hopefully both will be available soon or my new wheels will be bare

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    The 27.5x3.8 FBF Minion you can get in US here: (FBR not available)

    Bicycle, Fat Bike / Plus Tire, Minion FBF*

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    I will try to put Minions on a 50mm Nextie rim, and try to use it on the Mutz. It might be tight because of the diameterm? Anyone that could measure the diameter or compare to a 29er wheel?

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by zebster View Post

    I've been riding them on maybe 2" of snow and traction is excellent. As compared to Hodags, they seem to have more rolling resistance.
    Minions have much better grip than the poor rubber compound of the Hodags. I suppose you are riding in wet conditions in Finland, on forest ground with roots and rocks.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    The 27.5x3.8 FBF Minion you can get in US here: (FBR not available)

    Bicycle, Fat Bike / Plus Tire, Minion FBF*
    Totally unrelated to this thread I asked the LBS tonight to check availability on these tires. According to them they were not able to find either on the distributer site. As soon as the FBR is available I will have them order both.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    Totally unrelated to this thread I asked the LBS tonight to check availability on these tires. According to them they were not able to find either on the distributer site. As soon as the FBR is available I will have them order both.
    Same here, we have it on the qbp alert....just waiting.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    Totally unrelated to this thread I asked the LBS tonight to check availability on these tires. According to them they were not able to find either on the distributer site. As soon as the FBR is available I will have them order both.
    ordered 2 FBF from Finland. It seems to be okay to use a FBF rear. It has also less rolling resistance than the FBR. And better knobs for studs.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by zebster View Post
    Local Trek dealer here in northern Finland. They originally had just one but got the second one after they ordered them somewhere, took just two days to arrive.

    I cant see them available in any webshop in Europe, except one located in Finland (hi5bikes.fi). They list them and FBF is priced @ 95 Euros. I paid 170 Euros for two from the Trek dealer.
    Thanks for sharing this, ordered a DHF yesterday and it has been shipped today to the UK. Can't wait to get it mounted up on my 45mm ID rim to see how it behaves, and check the measurements.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    Minions have much better grip than the poor rubber compound of the Hodags. I suppose you are riding in wet conditions in Finland, on forest ground with roots and rocks.
    Yes, roots are pretty common on trails :-). I got the Minions for winter since I have Bluto and therefore cannot use any larger tyre in front. And, decided to use the same as rear wheel because of the need for studs. I use the Farley as my daily bike to work also so I cannot choose when to ride it. In rare occasions with water on ice, riding without studs is a bit dangerous.

    Yesterday I lowered the tyre pressure down to 5 psi in both front and rear. My first impression was that Minion in front is more stable than Hodag with this low pressure. Was a bit surprised how well it rolled since was expecting really hard pedaling. In about 3-4" of snow, I really like Minions. Of course when there's more snow 3.8" is not as good as the wider ones... But this is what I'm going to use, at least for this winter.

  42. #42
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish2010 View Post
    Minions have much better grip than the poor rubber compound of the Hodags. I suppose you are riding in wet conditions in Finland, on forest ground with roots and rocks.
    My experience is exactly the *opposite*.

    I've ridden the FBF/FBR in 4.8 and 4.0. DHF in 3.0 and 2.5. And the B Fat Hodag.

    I don't know if the difference is in the rubber blend, or the fact that the Hodag has siped knobs, but I find the Maxxis offerings to be sketchy on wet dirt, worse on wet rock. They go sideways pretty fast, whether you're expecting/prepared or not. I also found the FBF/FBR to be pretty slow on snow, and (again) to not have great lateral grip in that environment.

    Dry dirt and dry rock were a wash between them.

    Not suggesting that the FBF/FBR are bad tires, just that compared to the Hodag I find them lacking when things get slippery.

    I might be the only person that's not excited about the new Maxxis B Fat tires.
    Handbuilt wheels: www.LaceMine29.com

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jpfurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    376
    I'm not excited about the new Maxxis offering either. I think most people on here are just excited there is another option other then the Hodag. I'm still waiting for that perfect B fat tire, I have faith eventually they'll release what I'm searching for!

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    My experience is exactly the *opposite*.

    Dry dirt and dry rock were a wash between them.

    Not suggesting that the FBF/FBR are bad tires, just that compared to the Hodag I find them lacking when things get slippery.

    I might be the only person that's not excited about the new Maxxis B Fat tires.
    Interesting to know! So how will you compare it to 45Nrth Van Helgas? When you say slippery on rocks, is that on slick rock surface? I am just curious what kind of surface you are riding on?

    Nothing better if they have started to use softer rubber compound. My experience is that Bontrager fat bike tires have even harder rubber than Surly tires like Bud/Lou, that is for my terrain not usable other than if ground is covered with snow.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by zebster View Post
    I'm a little bit surprised that 27.5 x 3.8 Minions are not available in US since I have been riding them for a couple of weeks already here in Finland. Mounted on a Farley 9 and FBF in both front and rear since it looked like installing studs on FBR can be more challenging. Rear has been installed against its suggested rolling direction.

    I've been riding them on maybe 2" of snow and traction is excellent. As compared to Hodags, they seem to have more rolling resistance.
    Do you have any relative measurements between the Hodag and the Maxxis tires? Wondering if they are true 3.8 tires or undersized like the Hodag.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    I'm not excited about the new Maxxis offering either. I think most people on here are just excited there is another option other then the Hodag. I'm still waiting for that perfect B fat tire, I have faith eventually they'll release what I'm searching for!
    Nah, I want these tires, I'm gonna break em in and see how they do over time. I'm a Maxxis fan boy.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    Do you have any relative measurements between the Hodag and the Maxxis tires? Wondering if they are true 3.8 tires or undersized like the Hodag.
    Initially after installing them width was a bit less than 3.8" as measured from knobs but now after using them the same measurement gives me 3.8". Note that these are installed on jackalope rims. I don't remember width measurement of Hodags. Diameter is close to same as in Hodag, I did not need to re-aadjust the diameter setting on my Sigma to get the correct speed and trip length - checked this with the gps on my phone.

    Hopefully I have time to stud these on the coming weekend.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    70
    Mine arrived this morning from Finland. Just one for now on the front of my B+. If all goes well will get a set for my Bucksaw.

    Few measurements with pics...

    Height - 743 mm with tape measure against wall.

    Width at knobs at 13 psi, tubed on 45mm internal rims - 88 mm

    Width at casing - 83 mm

    Forgot to do bead to bead but will measure that before setting up tubeless.

    Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_092708_b.jpgMinion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_092930_b.jpgMinion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_092949_b.jpgMinion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_093604_b.jpgMinion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_092654_b.jpgMinion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_093622_b.jpg
    Last edited by tim.johnston; 11-21-2016 at 03:31 AM.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    70
    and weight, 1476g.Minion 27.5 x 3.8 available yet?-20161121_090444_b.jpg

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,223
    Mine also arrived. Freshly mounted, at 25psi on a Nextie Black Eagle 65mm external rim, I get 747mm diameter, 90mm carcass and 95mm knob width. The bead to bead I didn't measure, but it was a few more mm than a used hodag.
    Last edited by dRjOn; 11-21-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Minion DHF Exo for DH?
    By RickBerg in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM
  2. Minion DHF Exo 3C - any LBS have 'em?
    By juice in forum Washington
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 03:41 PM
  4. trade 2.7 minion for 2.5 minion
    By 1962 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM
  5. minion dhf 60a 2.5
    By GOONRock in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •