Racing Snake
    Jun 2009

Marge Lite rims, how practical.....

I'm thinking of getting a pair of these rims but am wondering if they'd be up to riding in the UK, XC, as we don't get much snow and the nearest sand is 20 miles away. I'm light and the Pugsley's SS and pretty light (relatively speaking)..........

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    ive got one, currently having it laced

but ive been using 47 mm trials rims for xc riding in the uk with no probs, would think that marge lites are as strong as trials rims

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flashes View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a pair of these rims but am wondering if they'd be up to riding in the UK, XC, as we don't get much snow and the nearest sand is 20 miles away. I'm light and the Pugsley's SS and pretty light (relatively speaking)..........
    No personal experience on them, but just built a set for a customer. If they are anywhere as durable as the Darryls, they should be fine, unless you weigh 275 and plan on doing serious FreeRide Fatbiking......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I don't think they've been out long enough to get a solid answer. I've been beating on my (factory) drilled RD's for a few months now with no issues, and they appear to be the same construction as the Marge Lites. I wanted a set of the ML's but they weren't available when I built up my bike. I'm dreaming of a nice light wheelset with ML's, the new Hope hubs and some Husker Du's....

mtbr member
    I don't think rims get such a beating on a fat bike. That high volume tyre gives a lot of protection.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I dented mine just a little bit, but it took an 8.5/10 on the acting stupid scale. it still looks much better than an undrilled, just removed from the box and built by a competent builder graceful fat sheba.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The guys I ride my Mukluk with are usually on six inch travel trail bikes, and I keep up when the trails get rocky... No durability issues with Marges, more worried about my frame