mtbr member

Marge Lite + Husker Du = love

Mikesee re-laced my Rohloff, & built me a new front wheel using Marge Lite's. Also provided me with a pair of Husker Du tires. Bike dropped over 2+ lbs of rotational weight and a few other changes made it close to 3 lbs. The ole' DeSalvo rides much better now, and the tires seem great. Still have not had a chance to put them through tougher terrain yet but I think these will be my permenent tires of choice. They worked great in sugar sand and the little mud that I came across. Seem to roll well and have decent weight, the Nate's were too much tire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marge Lite + Husker Du = love-fat-tires-fat-tree-.jpg  

Marge Lite + Husker Du = love-fat-tires-fat-tree-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Looks good! Keep us updated regarding their performance in rougher terrain.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkbike2 View Post
    Mikesee re-laced my Rohloff, & built me a new front wheel using Marge Lite's. Also provided me with a pair of Husker Du tires. Bike dropped over 2+ lbs of rotational weight and a few other changes made it close to 3 lbs. The ole' DeSalvo rides much better now, and the tires seem great. Still have not had a chance to put them through tougher terrain yet but I think these will be my permenent tires of choice. They worked great in sugar sand and the little mud that I came across. Seem to roll well and have decent weight, the Nate's were too much tire.
    If you think that that quantity of pics is going to suffice you're sooooooooooorely mistaken.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    If you think that that quantity of pics is going to suffice you're sooooooooooorely mistaken.

Ha Ha, thanks for the wheels and tires.

And here is one more for you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marge Lite + Husker Du = love-lefty_sc-100.jpg  

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkbike2 View Post
    Ha Ha, thanks for the wheels and tires.

And here is one more for you!
    Looks soopah, Jeff. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    jfkbike2

Is this the set up I should be looking at?

Looks good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA Grizzly View Post
    jfkbike2

Is this the set up I should be looking at?

Looks good.
    If you are referring to the tires/wheels I would say absolutely. The Husker Du's are great, plenty of traction and reasonable weight. If you want rim's wider than 50mm but not all the way to 80's or 100's then I think that currently these Marge Lite's are the ticket. I have a 50mm Speedway on my Fatback front and also have a HD on it and that combo is even a little lighter. But for all around FL riding the ML + HD is tough to beat currently.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yes, thanks

I have the 70 with the Larrys and they do fine at Markham and Quiet Waters but I like the way those HD look.

I may just wear the Larrys down first and then pick up a couple HD.

I haven't been able to go Santos yet and see how she does, but it has been lots of fun everywhere else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLA Grizzly View Post
    Yes, thanks

I have the 70 with the Larrys and they do fine at Markham and Quiet Waters but I like the way those HD look.

I may just wear the Larrys down first and then pick up a couple HD.

I haven't been able to go Santos yet and see how she does, but it has been lots of fun everywhere else.
    Your setup is fine. Larry's are more than adequate for 90% of what you'll get into. The only times I have wanted more is in (literally) swamps, and they slip under power in the water/mud/grass bottom. Also on some of the limestone mounds or quarries that are real hard and have some scree on the top I have had the front push / slip a time or two. Pressure may have been too high for those few times. In sand or general trails they have been fine.