Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Manitou Mastodon?

436K views 2K replies 286 participants last post by  Donkeeboy 
#1 ·
I've heard that Treks are being spec'd with this new fork from Manitou. Has anyone heard any details?

#11 ·
hmmmm...I have a BNIB Bluto to install too...maybe I will wait it out.

a wider version of the Magnum? The Magnum was factory on the Stache but it's pretty expensive aftermarket.

#7 · (Edited)
#26 ·
It'll be a great fork because it doesn't take much to do better than what we have.

I'm not a Trek fan boy, but big buying power has it's benefits.

This is the fork we've been waiting for, hopefully more companies will follow suit.

I'll take two please, 120mm and 140mm :)

#29 ·
Guy I ride with has the 29+ Manipou fork, we have been riding for over 30 years, and he claims it is the best fork he has ever had. Pretty excited to get a fat one (3 in fact). Before that we both thought the Marzocchi Ti 44 140mm 29er fork was excellent and what we used as a benchmark.
Current Manitou forks are both awesome and underrated. Funky thru-axle turns some people off, but what one fork works for everybody?

#30 ·
Saw two in the wild here in WI last week. They were going past me the other way. Didn't realize what I was seeing at first. Looked like they had 5 inch tires and since they were Hayes employees, thinking they were riding Mulefuts - so at least 80 wide rims and there was a lot of space around the fork.