Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 201 to 243 of 243
  1. #201
    GoCyco
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    351
    I expected to see a lot more carbon fatties on this thread. Where are they people?
    And please, no more 29ers.

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    67

    Carbon Salsa Beargrease with HED Carbon I9 Wheels

    Lightest Fatbike-img_20140206_133616%5B1%5D.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by aizu1 View Post
    I expected to see a lot more carbon fatties on this thread. Where are they people?
    And please, no more 29ers.
    Here you go. Just finished her. She weighs exactly 21 1/2 pounds ready to roll ! Full carbon 11 speed setup. I have over a foot of snow so no real test rides yet.

  3. #203
    Fat & Single
    Reputation: ozzybmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,053
    Very Nice
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    FM190 Fatty
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    47
    My LBS is regularly putting together carbon & titanium FB's under 21 lbs. But friends.....they are not cheap. Furthermore; the bikes do not last long in the shop.

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    51

    LaMere fat bike, 21.5lbs or 25.5 lbs

    Lightest Fatbike-buzzy-bike-race-facebook-01.jpg Here's our LaMere fat bike, weighs 21.5lbs with Husker Dus tubeless on our 65mm carbon rims, or weighs just under 26lbs with Bud & Lou on our 80mm rims with big Surly tubes.
    JP LaMere
    Phone USA: (612) 326-4183
    Web: LaMereCycles.com or Facebook.com/LaMereCycles
    Email: lamerecycles@gmail.com

  6. #206
    GoCyco
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebherron View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140206_133616[1].jpg 
Views:	1765 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	868592
    Here you go. Just finished her. She weighs exactly 21 1/2 pounds ready to roll ! Full carbon 11 speed setup. I have over a foot of snow so no real test rides yet.
    Wow! Now we're talking. Very nice.

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 69tr6r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebherron View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140206_133616[1].jpg 
Views:	1765 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	868592
    Here you go. Just finished her. She weighs exactly 21 1/2 pounds ready to roll ! Full carbon 11 speed setup. I have over a foot of snow so no real test rides yet.
    Beautiful bike! Tubeless?

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buzzy-Bike-Race-FaceBook-01.jpg 
Views:	3455 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	868599 Here's our LaMere fat bike, weighs 21.5lbs with Husker Dus tubeless on our 65mm carbon rims, or weighs just under 26lbs with Bud & Lou on our 80mm rims with big Surly tubes.
    Salsa Beargrease sports full size 80mm rims and they are easy tubeless too.

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    309
    Leebherron. Can we get the build specs on that sweet machine! THANKS

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lamard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebherron View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140206_133616[1].jpg 
Views:	1765 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	868592
    Here you go. Just finished her. She weighs exactly 21 1/2 pounds ready to roll ! Full carbon 11 speed setup. I have over a foot of snow so no real test rides yet.
    gets fatbike, doesn't ride it cuz there is too much snow hahah
    your 29er may float over roots and rocks, but my superlight 26 just plain floats

  11. #211
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lamard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buzzy-Bike-Race-FaceBook-01.jpg 
Views:	3455 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	868599 Here's our LaMere fat bike, weighs 21.5lbs with Husker Dus tubeless on our 65mm carbon rims, or weighs just under 26lbs with Bud & Lou on our 80mm rims with big Surly tubes.
    Nice! i like the fact that it has a 'real' seat and pedals
    your 29er may float over roots and rocks, but my superlight 26 just plain floats

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lamard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    176
    I wonder what the lightest 100mm rim/Bud & Lou setup is....
    your 29er may float over roots and rocks, but my superlight 26 just plain floats

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buzzy-Bike-Race-FaceBook-01.jpg 
Views:	3455 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	868599 Here's our LaMere fat bike, weighs 21.5lbs with Husker Dus tubeless on our 65mm carbon rims, or weighs just under 26lbs with Bud & Lou on our 80mm rims with big Surly tubes.
    Nice bike with an impressively low weight!

  14. #214
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by lamard View Post
    I wonder what the lightest 100mm rim/Bud & Lou setup is....
    I'm sure not the lightest but a real world obese fatty. Oh sorry no Porche but 2 feet of snow and still riding it. 27lb 2oz as you see it without frame bag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightest Fatbike-img_1700_1__large.jpg  


  15. #215
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    so its really 35+ pounds with your purse?
    I am slow therefore I am

  16. #216
    Loser
    Reputation: Jisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buzzy-Bike-Race-FaceBook-01.jpg 
Views:	3455 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	868599 Here's our LaMere fat bike, weighs 21.5lbs with Husker Dus tubeless on our 65mm carbon rims, or weighs just under 26lbs with Bud & Lou on our 80mm rims with big Surly tubes.
    the amazing thing here is that the change from 65mm to 80mm rims and from Hudu to B&L adds 4.5 lbs of rotating weight. That's a LOT!

  17. #217
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt-Orange View Post
    so its really 35+ pounds with your purse?
    A boy needs the essentials

  18. #218
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    the amazing thing here is that the change from 65mm to 80mm rims and from Hudu to B&L adds 4.5 lbs of rotating weight. That's a LOT!
    1000 grams in tubes and 600g more just in tire weight at the least.

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    86
    Not the lightest but still pretty light. Twenty2 Cycles Bully Al. Built it up a few weeks ago and then had Knards 3.8 tubeless on the rims (I run them when it's not snowy), it came in at 10.36 kg/22.84 lbs.
    Lightest Fatbike-twenty2-cycles-bully-al.jpg

  20. #220
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by twestis View Post
    Not the lightest but still pretty light. Twenty2 Cycles Bully Al. Built it up a few weeks ago and then had Knards 3.8 tubeless on the rims (I run them when it's not snowy), it came in at 10.36 kg/22.84 lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twenty2 cycles bully al.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	868971
    I've been eyeballing that frame, really impressive.

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65
    My 11ANTS ElephANT with Rolhoff and front suspension. Not a weight-weenie, but light(ish) for what it is at 15.3kg without mud (that's 33.7lb for you non-metrics )


    ElephANT_01_mud

    Cheers, Giel

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    67
    This is my snow machine. Carver Ti with Meldon lefty fork 27 1/2 pounds !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightest Fatbike-img_20130809_100046%5B1%5D.jpg  


  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lamard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    176
    nice 'spy' shot
    your 29er may float over roots and rocks, but my superlight 26 just plain floats

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    416
    21.48 lbs as it sits in this pic


    Lamere Carbon Fatty by ToucanLife, on Flickr

  25. #225
    and the stokettes
    Reputation: captain_frogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    20.86 lbs, is this the Worlds Lightest Fatbike?

    Well fellers it took all winter but the last tasty bit just arrived and it’s time to move onto the next project. It's 20.86 pounds with pedals, cage, and Garmin mount. Here’s a list of what’s not obvious in the picture. I can imagine (with a lot of effort) about 200 grams more coming off but don't believe with these tires that the bike ever breaks below 20 pounds. I don’t tend to run the Husker DUs on snow as the knobbies are just too small, I really like the Surly Nates which add about ½ pound to the bike but the DUs are awesone on dirt.

    It's great fun to hookup or pass the roadies on this thing. I like to joke that if you want to insult a roadie, pass them on a fatbike.

    Hed rims
    9zero7 hubs
    Xtr carbon brakes
    120 grams of Stans in “wet, sealed” tires (tires had been run for awhile, drained and then filled with 120g)
    Custom Ti rear skewer from Boldprecision.com
    Richey stem
    Easton Carbon Bar
    Mt zoom Seat collar
    Removed BB inner shell
    A few Ti bolts here and there
    Foam grips
    3T stylus seatpost

    Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightest Fatbike-p1020731.jpg  


  26. #226
    and the stokettes
    Reputation: captain_frogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14

    20.86 lbs, is this the Worlds Lightest Fatbike?

    Quote Originally Posted by playinVT View Post
    Who thinks they've got the lightest Fatbike out there? How light can you get with these beasts and how I'd you get there? Just curious. Oh, and these should be real-world weights unlike those many manufacturers choose to list!
    Let me try this again...

    Well fellers it took all winter but the last tasty bit just arrived and it’s time to move onto the next project. It's 20.86 pounds with pedals, cage, and Garmin mount. Here’s a list of what’s not obvious in the picture. I can imagine (with a lot of effort) about 200 grams more coming off but don't believe with these tires that the bike ever breaks below 20 pounds. I don’t tend to run the Husker DUs on snow as the knobbies are just too small, I really like the Surly Nates which add about ½ pound to the bike but the DUs are awesone on dirt.

    It's great fun to hookup or pass the roadies on this thing. I like to joke that if you want to insult a roadie, pass them on a fatbike.


    Hed rims
    9zero7 hubs
    Xtr carbon brakes
    120 grams of Stans in “wet, sealed” tires (tires had been run for awhile, drained and then filled with 120g)
    Custom Ti rear skewer from Boldprecision.com
    Richey stem
    Easton Carbon Bar
    Mt zoom Seat collar
    Removed BB inner shell
    A few Ti bolts here and there
    Foam grips
    3T stylus seatpost

    Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightest Fatbike-p1020731.jpg  


  27. #227
    nothing to see here
    Reputation: Stevob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,238
    add a couple of grams of bar end caps, for safety's sake.
    I see hills.

    I want to climb them.

  28. #228
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Nice build!
    You might as well remove the cage, garmin mount, drain the stan's, then you'll have a sub 20 lb fatbike!

    Seriously though, nice build, like the cranks!

    Quote Originally Posted by captain_frogger View Post
    Let me try this again...

    Well fellers it took all winter but the last tasty bit just arrived and it’s time to move onto the next project. It's 20.86 pounds with pedals, cage, and Garmin mount. Here’s a list of what’s not obvious in the picture. I can imagine (with a lot of effort) about 200 grams more coming off but don't believe with these tires that the bike ever breaks below 20 pounds. I don’t tend to run the Husker DUs on snow as the knobbies are just too small, I really like the Surly Nates which add about ½ pound to the bike but the DUs are awesone on dirt.

    It's great fun to hookup or pass the roadies on this thing. I like to joke that if you want to insult a roadie, pass them on a fatbike.


    Hed rims
    9zero7 hubs
    Xtr carbon brakes
    120 grams of Stans in “wet, sealed” tires (tires had been run for awhile, drained and then filled with 120g)
    Custom Ti rear skewer from Boldprecision.com
    Richey stem
    Easton Carbon Bar
    Mt zoom Seat collar
    Removed BB inner shell
    A few Ti bolts here and there
    Foam grips
    3T stylus seatpost

    Mark

  29. #229
    Living the thug life.
    Reputation: Logantri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    793
    Drill those rims! 1.5" holes sound right. Chain looks like it maybe trimmed. Remove the stickers. Get some Fiber Flight spokes. Aerolite pedals Cut the steerer down, lose the spacers.

    You can get sub 20, you're almost there! Right now you are too slow, sub 20 would make you faster!
    I proudly ride for these guys.

    My blog.

  30. #230
    Woz
    Woz is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Woz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    63
    We've done a couple of light ones recently. A Salsa Beargrease carbon which just barely went over 20 pounds. That one was ridden and will be reviewed on Cyclingnews soon.

    We've also finished up a Lamere which went under 19 pounds without pedals.

  31. #231
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527
    Meh, all this weight weenie stuff was cool at one time, now if you seen one you've seen em all. Don't get me wrong they are cool bikes but with the all carbon frames weighing about the same and there is only a handful of fat specific light parts they all start to look the about the same.

  32. #232
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Ps, doesn't count if you don't have pedals....
    That might be ok in WW, not in fatty forum!

  33. #233
    Location: SouthPole of MN
    Reputation: duggus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Ps, doesn't count if you don't have pedals....
    That might be ok in WW, not in fatty forum!
    Yeah, I'll never get the removing the pedals to weigh thing. It's not a complete bike without pedals, right? So weigh as a complete bike. Anyway... that thing looks nice. I hope it gets ridden and not just weighed like a pageant queen
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

  34. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jaredbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    258
    "Ps, doesn't count if you don't have pedals...."


    The bike has pedals on it.

    I prefer bikes weights without pedals.

    That is a very nice looking bike.

    Congrats.
    laotzucycles.blogspot.com

  35. #235
    Location: SouthPole of MN
    Reputation: duggus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredbe View Post
    The bike has pedals on it.
    Ha, you are right. They are very sneaky pedals if you aren't looking close.
    ...Be careful what you're looking at because it might be looking back...

  36. #236
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredbe View Post
    "Ps, doesn't count if you don't have pedals...."


    The bike has pedals on it.

    I prefer bikes weights without pedals.

    That is a very nice looking bike.

    Congrats.
    No, I was referring to the last comment by Woz.

    You can't ride a bike without pedals.....

    How about I go home and weigh my fatty without wheels? Man it'll be light! Haha

  37. #237
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Diller View Post
    I'm of two minds here.

    Heavy fat bikes plow over whatever! Woo! My heaviest was more than 40 lbs.

    Heavy fat bikes are hard to carry and throw over large things =/
    Like your girlfriend! :-)

  38. #238
    will rant for food
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootboiler View Post
    Like your girlfriend! :-)


    Anyway, known my wife for nine years and married six.

    ...

    Name:  463.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  21.7 KB
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Velobike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    No, I was referring to the last comment by Woz.

    You can't ride a bike without pedals.....

    How about I go home and weigh my fatty without wheels? Man it'll be light! Haha
    Actually to be fair, you should weigh the shoes too. You can't go far on clipless pedals without the shoes...
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57º36' Highlands, Scotland

  40. #240
    GoCyco
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Actually to be fair, you should weigh the shoes too. You can't go far on clipless pedals without the shoes...
    Might as well add rider weight too! Can't ride without a rider.

  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    130
    With me being a newb in fatbiking I wonder how doest the lack of weight affect the ride in snow?

    When yesterday's storm's tracks freeze and the trail becomes bumpy does the ride on a 20lb fatbike suffer? Does the bike get thrown around more?

  42. #242
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,036
    Quote Originally Posted by maineCommuter View Post
    With me being a newb in fatbiking I wonder how doest the lack of weight affect the ride in snow?
    The only negative I can see is going to be tires and rims that aren't wide enough for conditions. If it's softer, you're going to have to go wider or suffer the frustration of narrower stuff. The "ride" is all about the tires, rims and pressure.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  43. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    246
    19,85 lb or 9,005 kg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lightest Fatbike-dsc_1854.jpg  


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •