Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Lamere cycles carbon fatbike

I don't know anything about this company, or the business model. They claim to have the lightest weight AND cheapest carbon fat bike coming. $1800 for frame and fork doesn't seem like that great a deal to me. I read all the threads about Asian carbon ripoffs, and whatnot, but at least these guys are claiming to have developed this bike themselves. All I've seen is this link, which I found while an employee/owner was spamming the comments of Gear Junkie.

lamere

aka bOb
    Kind of a cool looking frame although he could have gone a little shorter on the stays for being a 170mm frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    looks like the Borealis

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Kind of a cool looking frame although he could have gone a little shorter on the stays for being a 170mm frame.
    I thought the same thing.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    looks like the Borealis
    Some similarities but a totally different frame.

Anchorage, AK
    No rear rack mounts.
    --Peace

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You have walked around Interbike or seen footage of the Taiwan bike shows right? There are a multitude of eastern bicycle manufacturing companies that have libraries of bikes for you to rebrand, market, and distribute under "you bike company name here". Looking at their offerings, this is classic low cost flipping and remarketing of someone else's product. Good on them if they can build a brand, god knows several other "legit" bike companies do the same thing. Nothing wrong with it mind you.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeoj View Post
    Looking at their offerings, this is classic low cost flipping and remarketing of someone else's product.

So do you mean this frame is copied from another company who sourced frames though this manufacture and then re branded and if so who's frame design did they copy/steal?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Their website is pretty clear they get these frames from Asia, so they're not really trying to hide anything:

lamere

Though when they say customize a full bike, I don't think they mean custom geometry.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    Their website is pretty clear they get these frames from Asia, so they're not really trying to hide anything:

lamere

Though when they say customize a full bike, I don't think they mean custom geometry.
    No I think they are being a straight up company and I don't see this frame design as being copied from anyone else.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeoj View Post
    You have walked around Interbike or seen footage of the Taiwan bike shows right? There are a multitude of eastern bicycle manufacturing companies that have libraries of bikes for you to rebrand, market, and distribute under "you bike company name here". Looking at their offerings, this is classic low cost flipping and remarketing of someone else's product. Good on them if they can build a brand, god knows several other "legit" bike companies do the same thing. Nothing wrong with it mind you.
    Exactly. All catalog stuff, nothing new here.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

mtbr member
    Damn! That thing looks nice. Wish they built it around a 190 hub.
    The LPG

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Exactly. All catalog stuff, nothing new here.
    Forgive my ignorance, but if this is true, then shouldn't this bike--or one nearly identical--be soon available straight from a Chinese company for around $800 soon enough?

Siberian mad biker
    removed

gone walk about
    Quote Originally Posted by zmey70 View Post
    removed
    thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    From their website (Frames page): "We had our own mould created for this frame".

Sounds like they've been reading some threads on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Personally, I think the guy is a little shady.

This is what he had on Facebook a few months back. Clearly a Borealis.
    If you read his comment you can see he says that it is the bike he has had designed.

Don't get me wrong, he has every right to have a Fat bike frame made, and really he has the benefit of making improvements off of the Borealis since he is coming at it second, although he totally missed the mark--probably because he has no experience with Fat bikes, but if he lies about this, then..who knows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lamere cycles carbon fatbike-jp-buzzy-frame-post-facebook-9-26-13-small.jpg  

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by pbasinger View Post

This is what he had on Facebook a few months back. Clearly a Borealis.
    If you read his comment you can see he says that it is the bike he has had designed.

Don't get me wrong, he has every right to have a Fat bike frame made, and really he has the benefit of making improvements off of the Borealis since he is coming at it second, although he totally missed the mark--probably because he has no experience with Fat bikes, but if he lies about this, then..who knows.
    Now that is a Yampa with the clear scuffed off, how cheesy is that! Now the one he is selling is a totally different beast altogether.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Spending his nest egg on CF molds? Like - one guy?

Is he nuts?! I don't have any solid numbers but based on my own carbon research with pressure bladder molding and inquiries to machining companies, those high volume high polish steel molds have got to be expensive, as in, four zeros minimum.

Does smell a little funny.
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hollywood in the Twin Cities deal this companies wares. He's got nothing but good stuff to say about the product. It to me looks like someone wanted to crack the big mfg mold and offer a solid product at a fair price. Remember that as a company based here in the U.S. he'd have to carry insurance in case the product failed and caused an injury. I guess if you don't like or don't want Asian made stuff you should probably just buy a custom U.S. made steel or Ti frame / with U.S. made parts cause 99% of carbon stuff from every mfg comes from Asia.

mtbr member
    No I think they are being a straight up company and I don't see this frame design as being copied from anyone else.
    Somewhat true on the second part, but only because he was forced to start from scratch because he was caught trying the other way.

aka bOb
    Somewhat true on the second part, but only because he was forced to start from scratch because he was caught trying the other way.
    Busted any insider info on the frame Salted Bikes is going to sell that looks just like the Borealis with the exact same geo to boot?

mtbr member
    Busted any insider info on the frame Salted Bikes is going to sell that looks just like the Borealis with the exact same geo to boot?
    Looks pretty similar huh. I don't know.

It's a bummer for me to see that bottom feeders can snatch up months of work and 10s of thousands of dollars in design and testing from legitimate companies. Worse are the people on here ready to support it. Pretty sad.

The big problem is that once your product gets produced in China it is very difficult to protect especially for these smaller companies like 907 and Borealis.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I can answer that one. Seeing as how Salted Bikes is a brand owned by Dirt Works Australia (founded in 1994). We were the Australian distributor for Surly and Salsa from 2001 until very recently. What does this mean to you?

Well, it means that we have some history. (though that's nothing even remotely like the long rich history of Pete, Greg and the rest of the Alaskan crew)

We actually have some experience with assisting design and development on Taiwan product as well. In the past we worked with JoyTech/NovaTech on hub, freewheel and seal design and development.

I guess I'm just making the point that we didn't just pop-up following the next fashion trend in bikes. We've been in the business of bikes since 1994 (well... considerably longer if you want to include time in bicycle retail) and around FATbikes (specifically) since 2005 when we brought our very first shipment of Pugsley frames into Australia. We've ridden FATbikes in Desert races (Simpson Desert Bike Challenge), 100klm marathons, 24 hour events and on everyday trails.

But onto the frame.

We have a relationship with a carbon framebuilder who makes a lot of different frames, for many many brands, that you probably know.

They also happen to have a very nice 170mm frame that looks very similar to the 190mm frame. This 170mm frame is one that they have been working on for well over a year now. We had been following it's development and were about to place an order on it when the 190mm became an option. We may still order the 170mm frame (as well) as a) it's a little lighter and b) not everyone wants or needs 4.8" tyres on 100mm rims for trail riding.

Anyway, the way it works is that they have a design that they have developed. They want to sell it around the world. And, just like the fork maker (they're friends actually), of the famous "fork of many names", they don't want to "build a brand and market it".

They're happy to do what they do best. Manufacturer the actual product. So they look for partners that can do the marketing and sales side of things. People that have knowledge in their specific niche. Which is great since while we know a lot about geometry, features and ride quality, we're kinda' light-on when it comes to carbon frame manufacture.

But, making a carbon frame isn't cheap. Moulds are bloody expensive. So carbon frame builders do things in two ways. OEM mould or OPEN mould.

With an OEM mould; the brand on the side of the frame that comes out of the mould usually owns the tooling and design. They have invested a lot of money in their own tooling and so their design (and the risk) is theirs. (probably the most well known design like this is Ibis)

Where it can get confusing is that sometimes an OEM mould may incorporate design elements from the carbon frame makers own designs. A good example of this is the flattened seatstays on our Sandfly frame. This design feature is used on many OPEN moulds by our frame maker. But it's also utilised on a large number of his OEM frames too. Clearly a lot of his OEM clients like the design and elect to use it on their own frames.

An OPEN mould is where the frame maker has invested their own money into the tooling and are taking their own risk. To make the investment in an OPEN mould (and in multiple sizes) viable, the frame maker will make the frame available to multiple brands in different geographic locations. (USA, Australia, UK and so on) Typically, use of an OPEN mould, requires an order of 50-100 frames.

I should probably point out, that our frames have their own OPEN moulds that are owned by the frame maker. And while they may look "similar" to others. They're not identical. The Sandfly for example, can run a triple chainring with 4.8" tyres on 100mm rims - other (similar looking) brands can not. We're also running with a 190mm x 12mm thu axle on the rear. Based on our experience with FAT wheels and custom wheelbuilding, we feel that it really locks the back end together much better that a std QR.

​So let's be clear about this ok. You will see the Sandfly frame, sooner or later (on an international site) with a different brand name on it. (I guarantee it, as I'm aware of some of the other brand partners in this around the world)

Sorry to burst the balloon. But it's a fact.

For more on the world of OEM moulds, OPEN moulds, (and everything in between) the guys at Switchback Bikes has it explained quite well here.

Elvis.
    Last edited by Elvis @ Dirt Works; 12-08-2013 at 02:42 AM.

aka bOb
    Thanks for the explanation and I see you changed some wording on your site and removed the geo chart that mirrored that of the Borealis.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Awesome reply Elvis.

Simply reading this thread its clear that there are many who are still unaware of the relationships between "brands" and manufacturers... words like stealing, etc... really don't apply here. As markets grow and mature, industries shake down to a smaller group of major players that can leverage quantity to reduce entry cost to different markets and segments for smaller players in the brand market as well as consumers. This happens in the auto markets, and most other global markets as well.

To consumers, we like to pick things and associate with them... psychology, marketing, get caught up in a perception real or not, etc... It is OUR responsibility as consumers to educate ourselves, and make informed decisions in the market, rewarding those brands that deliver good product, stand behind it, and don't feed us with ********.

A quick tip people... pick the brand that does not shy away from transparency even if it wrecks your Channel fantasy, reality is so much sweeter. To those who must have the Channel fantasy, go with the brand that delivers on your fantasy.

Loser
    That's great info, thanks for posting!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    The same sort of thing happens in the ti frame manufacture world too.

Our very first sample frame was the equivalent of an open frame. A generic off the shelf frame that anyone can buy if they want to place an order for 30 frames a month.

We made our own minor changes to that frame before our first shipment. Then we set about developing other frames with features that we felt were important to us and our customers.

The similarities to the carbon guys is scary.

Mr Muru

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by MuruCycles View Post
    .oops
    We are all good brother Excited to see what you have in store for us!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Lamere cycles carbon fatbike

Quote Originally Posted by MuruCycles View Post
    The same sort of thing happens in the ti frame manufacture world too.

Our very first sample frame was the equivalent of an open frame. A generic off the shelf frame that anyone can buy if they want to place an order for 30 frames a month.

We made our own minor changes to that frame before our first shipment. Then we set about developing other frames with features that we felt were important to us and our customers.

The similarities to the carbon guys is scary.

Mr Muru
    Except the costs involved in modifying an "open" carbon frame design is much, much higher than that of modifying a metal frame.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    That's correct, we get our frames direct from Asia, we get the open mould frames because we think they are the best since the Asians make everyone else's frames and they see the weak points in each, then when they put out their own, they take the best from all the big brands and that's the open mould. On the fat bike, we paid a lot of money to have our own mould made, so a different deal there. Hopefully they will not sell our bike just over the counter to everyone else, but it would not totally surprise me either. So you are correct we do not offer custom frames, but we customize all the parts you want and we get that at wholesale, so you pick your grouppo, wheelset, saddle, as much as you want or need.
    JP LaMere
    Phone USA: (612) 326-4183
    Web: LaMereCycles.com or Facebook.com/LaMereCycles
    Email: lamerecycles@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hey Pete Bassinger, you really want to get into this here? Ok let's do it... so for all the readers here's what happened, I posted that picture on our FB page because that's what our frame factory sent us and said we can now make you a fat frame. They knew I wanted one because I was pestering them for a fat frame for over 2 years. So they sent me a photo of a fat frame to prove they can make one, and I was psyched. Then the stressed out Borealis d-bags called me yelling and screaming threatening to sue me, so I told the Borealis d-bags to calm down, that I would take down the picture no problem, which I did, right away. How was I to know that was your frame? How do we know now that is your frame? Hopefully it is your frame they are pumping out for someone else. Do you think I bought one of your frames and flew over to Asia with it and had it reverse engineered? You guys seem really stressed out, pretty different than me as I got into the bike biz because I love biking and I was tired of bike industry prices which are out of control. But you want everyone to have to pay $2200 for your fat bike frame so you guys can get rich. Above you called me a bottom feeder...how am I a bottom feeder? Did you guys invent the fat bike or something? My main goal in starting LaMere Cycles has been to get more people on great bikes for way less money than what is now being charged in the bike industry, the money will come down the road perhaps.

Maybe if you spoke Mandarin and have lived and worked in China and Taiwan like me you would understand the Asian business model better and how things work over there. If you think your fat frame is not gonna be copied then I don't know what to tell you.

We did not "start over" because you threatened to sue us. Our factory offered to make us a fat frame for a not inconsequential mould fee, and we did it. We were signed up to be a dealer of yours but then you reneged on that after finding a bigger shop in Minneapolis, but you didn't have the courtesy to call and tell us that, you just stopped returning our calls and emails. Classy.

As long as the gloves are off, I don't believe your fat frame weighs what you say it does on your website: "Lightweight: 1270 gram frame (We only post actual weights- This is a size Medium frame that is fully painted, finished, and includes derailleur hangar.)" How about you post an actual picture of the bike on a scale like I do with my frames and components on my site?

As far as how long I've been riding a fat bike, well about a year after Surly produced the first ones here in MN. I was riding a bike before you were born d-bag.

JP
    JP LaMere

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    *grabs popcorn*

Ipso Facto
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Hey Pete Bassinger, you really want to get into this here? Ok let's do it... so for all the readers here's what happened, I posted that picture on our FB page because that's what our frame factory sent us and said we can now make you a fat frame. They knew I wanted one because I was pestering them for a fat frame for over 2 years. So they sent me a photo of a fat frame to prove they can make one, and I was psyched. Then the stressed out Borealis d-bags called me yelling and screaming threatening to sue me, so I told the Borealis d-bags to calm down, that I would take down the picture no problem, which I did, right away. How was I to know that was your frame? How do we know now that is your frame? Hopefully it is your frame they are pumping out for someone else. Do you think I bought one of your frames and flew over to Asia with it and had it reverse engineered? You guys seem really stressed out, pretty different than me as I got into the bike biz because I love biking and I was tired of bike industry prices which are out of control. But you want everyone to have to pay $2200 for your fat bike frame so you guys can get rich. Above you called me a bottom feeder...how am I a bottom feeder? Did you guys invent the fat bike or something? My main goal in starting LaMere Cycles has been to get more people on great bikes for way less money than what is now being charged in the bike industry, the money will come down the road perhaps.

Maybe if you spoke Mandarin and have lived and worked in China and Taiwan like me you would understand the Asian business model better and how things work over there. If you think your fat frame is not gonna be copied then I don't know what to tell you.

We did not "start over" because you threatened to sue us. Our factory offered to make us a fat frame for a not inconsequential mould fee, and we did it. We were signed up to be a dealer of yours but then you reneged on that after finding a bigger shop in Minneapolis, but you didn't have the courtesy to call and tell us that, you just stopped returning our calls and emails. Classy.

As long as the gloves are off, I don't believe your fat frame weighs what you say it does on your website: "Lightweight: 1270 gram frame (We only post actual weights- This is a size Medium frame that is fully painted, finished, and includes derailleur hangar.)" How about you post an actual picture of the bike on a scale like I do with my frames and components on my site?

As far as how long I've been riding a fat bike, well about a year after Surly produced the first ones here in MN. I was riding a bike before you were born d-bag.

JP
    Well put! Make it happen.

dvn
    mtbr member
    Guarantee you will see that same frame available from the Chinese resellers soon for half that price.
    "Either way it doesn't really matter, I just got back from a bike ride."
    > dbhammercycle

mtbr member
    I work for myself and sell products I make directly to consumers. Like mountain biking, there are large internet forums where people discuss the activity and associated products. Customers seem baffled when I tell them I avoid those forums like the plague, but forums are frequently a place to "passionately discuss" (ie. argue) about topics. I believe the quote, "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it" is appropriate, especially when you don't know if people reading will decide you are the pig. I just bought a new Made in the USA frame to build into a singlespeed, so it's tough figuring out who the pigs are after reading all this crap about who's designing/stealing/copying, selling the best/cheapest/coolest Chinese made frame.

Big Gulps, Alright!

JP
    Always fun to see a guy tank his company's image on internet forums. I'm sure referring to people as "d-bags" will earn you more business!
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

Anchorage, AK

JP
    Negative rep for you.
    --Peace

Dropshot Champ!
    I sure hope this is your own mould, as your ht 29, fs 29, and road bike offerings are just chinese direct frames with a middle man pricetag.

I just met a guy who had one of your full suspension offerings in northern california. I choked back a sad cough when he told me how much he got swindled for.

I guess they do come with your stickers though.

Living the thug life.
    Yikes. If I was JP and having the same inaccurate accusations blasted at me on a public forum I would be pissed off to. Maybe I won't go full on like he did in his post, but I can understand the anger. He put down a big chunk of his own money to make his frame happen. None of you (as far as I know) have been in that same situation. Good luck JP with your fatbike.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    I sure hope this is your own mould, as your ht 29, fs 29, and road bike offerings are just chinese direct frames with a middle man pricetag.

I just met a guy who had one of your full suspension offerings in northern california. I choked back a sad cough when he told me how much he got swindled for.

I guess they do come with your stickers though.
    What? Our bikes don't use stickers, our logos are painted on at the factory, very subtle logo just on the top tube, rest of the bike is black ud matte carbon and our website link on the inside of the chainstay.

Swindled? You show me a better price on a bike build and I'll give you one at cost redmr2_man.
    JP LaMere

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    JP, maybe you should come on and explain how your fat bike is different than some of the other bikes it is accused of copying. And maybe also explain why going through you would be worth more to the people who will be able to purchase your exact fat bike frame direct from your manufacturing company at half the cost. There's a fellow on mtbr named Derby who has had great success selling carbon fiber rims he designed, but are made by a company that molds "Asian" rims through a relationship not unsimilar to yours. Derby sells wide cf rims, and was the first to do so by a month or two, but now at least a couple more manufacturers, including the one making his rims, are selling similar rims much cheaper. I think if you worked to build the confidence of some of the folks in the fat bike forum you will be better served than the direction this thread is heading…and likely to get much worse.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Always fun to see a guy tank his company's image on internet forums. I'm sure referring to people as "d-bags" will earn you more business!
    Sorry but IMO the Borealis guys are D-Bags. If someone calls me shady, threatens to sue me, implies that I have stolen their frame, cancels me as a dealer without telling me, then they are D-Bags.
    JP LaMere

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    JP, maybe you should come on and explain how your fat bike is different than some of the other bikes it is accused of copying. And maybe also explain why going through you would be worth more to the people who will be able to purchase your exact fat bike frame direct from your manufacturing company at half the cost. There's a fellow on mtbr named Derby who has had great success selling carbon fiber rims he designed, but are made by a company that molds "Asian" rims through a relationship not unsimilar to yours. Derby sells wide cf rims, and was the first to do so by a month or two, but now at least a couple more manufacturers, including the one making his rims, are selling similar rims much cheaper. I think if you worked to build the confidence of some of the folks in the fat bike forum you will be better served than the direction this thread is heading…and likely to get much worse.
    Thanks, you're right, I'm not a big forum poster but was alerted to this thread last night and felt I had to come on and defend myself and set the record straight.

I did pay a bunch of $$$ to get my carbon fat bike mould made, but I will not be surprised if the Asians start selling it direct, in fact I'm sure they will, but I'm still ok with my decision to have spent the $$$ for the fat bike frame mould so I can get it out on the market sooner than later. Also I wanted some special things, I did not want rack mounts, I wanted the smaller 170mm rear end, I want a more narrow Q factor more similar to a regular mtn bike, etc... and this is all very different from the Borealis bike which is more of a powder adventure back country sand bike. I'm going for a super light year round racing fat bike, not an adventure back country 5" tire snow bike which I do think is cool, and which I might add to our product line when the Asians start selling that directly.

I'm not so worried about people being able to buy the fat frames/forks direct from Asia when that happens (which I agree it will) as I really don't mark up the price of our frames that much, and I don't try to hide the fact that our frames are mostly open mould (albeit the nicest versions of the open moulds) because where we make a little money is on building up an entire customized bike for our customers since we buy parts directly from the USA's biggest distributors and sell the whole bike at a really good price, and the fun of it for me is working with customers picking out their new bike.
    JP LaMere

aka bOb
    Sorry but IMO the Borealis guys are D-Bags. If someone calls me shady, threatens to sue me, implies that I have stolen their frame, cancels me as a dealer without telling me, then they are D-Bags.
    Wasn't it kind of a misunderstanding? You posted a pic of their frame with the paint scuffed off claiming it as your own and without realizing it was theirs. Wouldn't they have a right to get mad seeing this and not knowing it was a honest mistake on your part? Maybe there is a lot more to it, don't know and don't care. This is probably a matter best left between you guys.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Wasn't it kind of a misunderstanding? You posted a pic of their frame with the paint scuffed off claiming it as your own and without realizing it was theirs. Wouldn't they have a right to get mad seeing this and not knowing it was a honest mistake on your part? Maybe there is a lot more to it, don't know and don't care. This is probably a matter best left between you guys.
    I had no idea it was their frame, and still not sure it is. They way Borealis was sure it was their frame is they said the recognized the green floor from the pictures they had been given. It was a photo my factory sent me from Asia, just to prove they can make a fat frame. The paint was not scuffed off, that's what a carbon bike frame looks like before its painted or has any sealant applied.

I guess they have a right to get mad, but they should have been pretty happy that I'm such a nice guy to take the photo down right away, but in the very first conversation they threatened to sue me. Wack. Not really any more to it, I would never air all this dirty laundry, more info than people really care about to be sure, but I was alerted to this thread last night and I don't appreciate being called "shady" and having it implied that I'm stealing people's frames so here I am.

No reply on here from the Borealis guys, they must be "too busy running their multi-million dollar business" which is what Steve Kaczmarek of Borealis told me on the phone as he was hanging up on me as I was trying to tell him how the Asian bike business actually works.
    JP LaMere

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm not so worried about people being able to buy the fat frames/forks direct from Asia when that happens (which I agree it will) as I really don't mark up the price of our frames that much, and I don't try to hide the fact that our frames are mostly open mould (albeit the nicest versions of the open moulds) because where we make a little money is on building up an entire customized bike for our customers since we buy parts directly from the USA's biggest distributors and sell the whole bike at a really good price, and the fun of it for me is working with customers picking out their new bike.
    You should also mention that your frame comes with a lifetime warranty, right? That was the last life-jacket I'm going to throw at you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    You should also mention that your frame comes with a lifetime warranty, right? That was the last life-jacket I'm going to throw at you.
    Yes! True, keep the lifejackets coming.....here's our warranty policy:
    lamere
    JP LaMere

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    I would never air all this dirty laundry, more info than people really care about to be sure, but I was alerted to this thread last night and I don't appreciate being called "shady" and having it implied that I'm stealing people's frames so here I am.
    Not at all - given the Specialized lawsuit press going on right now, it's the right kind of info.

I apologize for bagging on you for investing your own cash into what I am educatedly guessing are extremely expensive molds. I just couldn't fathom it.
    Disclaimer: I run Regular Cycles (as of 2016). As a profiteer of the bicycle industry, I am not to be taken very seriously.

mtbr member
    This alone probably justifies buying from LaMere versus getting and open mold model. My concern when considering an open mold carbon bike is the integrity of the build and not wanting it to fail.

I think folks that are willing to invest their own money and sweat equity into a project and offering to stand behind the work says a lot about them.

Good luck with in the Fat Bike biz. I hope it goes well.

Yes! True, keep the lifejackets coming.....here's our warranty policy:
    lamere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast