mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Krampus Tubeless Tire Pressure

Anyone else running a tubeless Krampus setup? I recently converted mine to tubeless using gorilla tape and it's holding air really well. However I took it out today and even though I was running the same psi I normally do my tires were spreading out quite a bit and I had a lot of chain rub - I even hit my front run on a log. I added air and I still had a lot more chain rub than usual. I weigh 250 and I usually run 10 front/12 rear with tubes, but I ended up running 13 front/15 rear tubeless and it still felt low. I am wondering if i just have to run a lot more pressure, but i feel that if I run too high of a pressure I'm negating the benefit of running the Knards. Will the tires feel the same at a higher psi tubeless than they do at a lower psi tubed, or am i going to have to go back to tubes to get the ride I want? Is the sidewall just too think for tubeless?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I weigh 160 and I'm running 14-15 with my tubeless setup. I'd say go a bit higher.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuanswan View Post
    I weigh 160 and I'm running 14-15 with my tubeless setup. I'd say go a bit higher.
    Were you running tubes before? If so what pressure were you running then?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    With tubes I think I was running 13. I know I got pinch flats at 11 so I increased it.

mtbr member
    It'd be a lot quicker to just put some more air in the tires and see for yourself if you like how it rides ?!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeardsl View Post
    It'd be a lot quicker to just put some more air in the tires and see for yourself if you like how it rides ?!
    I wanted to see if anyone else had success with tubeless Knards, or if they were somehow unsuitable for tubeless. I thought one of the biggest advantages to going tubeless was the ability to run low PSI, but when I tried running the same PSI I was running with tubes the ride was pretty bad.