mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Krampug riders... upon further review?

After some time riding this set-up, what are your opinions? Sand? Snow? XC? Bushwhacking? All mountain? The more insight the better!!!

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    subscribed
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobber View Post
    After some time riding this set-up, what are your opinions? Sand? Snow? XC? Bushwhacking? All mountain? The more insight the better!!!
    Great summertime/hard surface setup. Having a 'fat' wheelset and a 'tall' wheelset makes the Pug a true-all seasons bike. Snag some studs for the tall wheels and you're pretty well covered for anything.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This thread needs a big bump!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Curious how much would a 29+ wheelset cost for a Pugs? Any hubs to stay away from? I would be curious to hear about both budget and higher end builds.
    Thx

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    $750 for Surly SS rear w/ Rabbit Holes and Nards to replace my IGH OPs

Im just waiting for a good deal on a Krampus instead.

mtbr member
    Loving the KramPug concept,

Now rolling with some Woodchipper bars now for summer. I do not ride my 4" Purple Pugsley or 5" Moonlander much away from the coast these days as the 29+ offers the ideal grip to roll option...

The BB hieght is an inch higher on the Pugsley with the 29 x 50mm rims and 3" Knard tyres, but only a half inch higher with regular 2..25 29er tyres, so the Pugsley frameset can cover 3 tyre size options if you want to cut down on bikes, add 2 bar options and the Pugsley frameset becomes even more versatile

coastrider: Surly KramPug 29+ Update; Salsa Woodchipper semi drop bars tryout...
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Krampug vids

Thanks CK, for the great vids. Enjoyed your drop bar addition.

Tried to post up a stat comparison between the Spitfire and the P51 Mustang for you, but came out page does not exist. Anyway, I found it interesting, thought perhaps if you could find much the same it might be of interest to us Yankee readers in particular of your blog.
    The Blessings of Providence...NOwhere or NOWhere? ...Chuck Norris paraphrased

Nice day for a ride.....
    Been thinking of doing the rabbit hole / knard on my Nashbar fatbike and having a "one bike to do it all" kind of ride and sell the Cannondale. Seems like a great idea and I don't miss the front suspension with the fat tires. Just researching if I should go with 27 or 120 tpi knards.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Bought a Pug Ops this spring, have had a blast on it, and just laced up some Rabbit Holes for it last weekend. Makes it a different bike, really, much faster on basic hardback trails, and almost as good on rooty nightmares, but not as good on sand of the beaches and riverbanks, or the deep mud back in our beaver infested swamps.

My Ogre is now pissed, as it sits in its rack, except for faster, longer trips on asphalt/gravel with its wheel set with 41Knaards. Otherwise, I'm reaching for the KramPug, with whatever wheels for the day.

We travel part of the year in a VW Westfalia, and one bike apiece, with multiple wheel sets for the bikes works for us.

Bought the Pugs because I wanted more float for access in the South West, and couldn't find an ECR or Krampus to test.

I couldn't be happier. Fat, 29+, and will build a set of of regular 29 wheels for it, with the velocity synergy for the rear, and probably mount another set of 41Knaards on those. Nicholas (google his blog, Gypsy By Trade. Dude gets around) has some great info on different wheel sets for versatility on these beasts.

Bikin'Bric, chose the 27tpi 3" Knaard for durability, and it feels light and fast compared to 120tpi Nates.

Do it. Money is nothing but flat bicycles (or skis, or flyrods, or???) yearning to be converted into something useful.