Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Otso Vaytek, that's a good one. Enjoy!

I love my Wozo, getting ready to build the 27.5 wheels for 3.8 Minions.

We've had a ton of snow, just one ride in the past week due to limited grooming, but hoping to get out midday tomorrow for a little hiking, packing, riding.

Fat bike fest this weekend in the Methow Valley, should be a hoot!

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Otso Vaytek, that's a good one. Enjoy!

I love my Wozo, getting ready to build the 27.5 wheels for 3.8 Minions.

We've had a ton of snow, just one ride in the past week due to limited grooming, but hoping to get out midday tomorrow for a little hiking, packing, riding.

Fat bike fest this weekend in the Methow Valley, should be a hoot!
    Woot woot! It's been a mix of super cold and now rain and warm weather in Northern Utah. Winter needs to make up its mind!

And for anyone wondering, the frame is still available.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    ...And for anyone wondering, the frame is still available.
    If it were a Large I would take it. I just heard Summer now before any new Wozos show up

MSH
    mtbr member
    After calling at least 15-20 dealers across the US I finally tracked down a Large. Should have it next week. They are out there but it's a tough go trying to find any.

Chris Bling
    It's the last time I will say anything about it, but the medium frame is still available. Will post it up on FB and Pinkbike tomorrow. Just wanted someone here to have a shot at it first

Affordable Custom Wheels

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum1 View Post
    I guys, I just posted on the other WOZO thread but this one seems a bit more active. Anyone know the BB shell width, crank spindle length, and resulting q factor? Thanks.
    I just measured the bb shell width on my Large at roughly 4.75", so looking like a 121mm. I'll try to get the q-factor measurement later and update

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    anyone know if a 150mm dropper post will fit in a medium frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    At full drop?

That would be a yes on a RF 150mm internal. I had one set up and it reached fine, but the medium frame was too small for me so I'm running a 150mm drop in a large frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoma_MTB View Post
    anyone know if a 150mm dropper post will fit in a medium frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    At full drop?

That would be a yes on a RF 150mm internal. I had one set up and it reached fine, but the medium frame was too small for me so I'm running a 150mm drop in a large frame.
    The dropper routing is internal? Is all the cable routing internal?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Easilly. A 27.5 x 4 is a little taller than a 26 x 4.8, and it's shorter that a 29 x 3, but I can run both with the drops slammed.

I'll be building a set soon.

Probably take a 27.5 x 4.5 if the rim wasn't too wide
    Yo Ben, how much is a little taller? Curious about B-fat as well and wondering if it'd really be much difference over 26x5.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum1 View Post
    I guys, I just posted on the other WOZO thread but this one seems a bit more active. Anyone know the BB shell width, crank spindle length, and resulting q factor? Thanks.
    As mentioned above, the shell width is 121mm, and the diameter is 41mm (confusingly, referred to as PF41, PF92, or BB-86). I just purchased and received a Wheels Manufacturing BB: Fat Bike Bottom Brackets . There are 2 PF41 options: I'll be using a Race Face Aeffect Crankset, so I bought the one for Shimano Hollowtech/GPX, but there is also an option for SRAM cranks, which uses a tapered spindle. Just taking it out of the box, it looks like a very high quality piece, as the cups are full alloy (not plastic), it weighs only 113 grams, the bearings are replaceable, and it includes seals and a few very thin spindle spacers (which I don't think are needed for the Wozo). You press in the NDS female cup, and then thread in the male DS cup using an external bearing cup tool.

The Aeffect crankset is a great option, and is what Kona uses on the factory build. It is lightweight, inexpensive, allows you to use Cinch direct mount chain rings, and the smaller 24mm spindle enables the use of larger bearings compared to what can fit with a 30mm spindle. You want the one for 170/177 rear spacing. I haven't installed mine yet, but just mocking it up with the BB set at 121mm, it looks like no extra spacers are needed on the spindle. The Q-factor for this crankset is 205mm (see: https://www.raceface.com/media/Crank...chainlines.pdf ).

And just a quick follow-up on the rear axle. Art's Cyclery was able to special order the Maxle Ultimate (part number 00.4318.009.007) for me, so kudos to them for coming through on that.

I'm waiting on a spoke order to build a rear wheel, so that's why I haven't assembled the bike yet. I'll have to harvest some parts from my fat bike, so I'm keeping it in service as long as I can until everything is ready.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkers View Post
    Yo Ben, how much is a little taller? Curious about B-fat as well and wondering if it'd really be much difference over 26x5.
    I posted pics, the 29+ Minion in the shortest cs position leaves a big 1/8" of clearance at the yoke. This is one of the taller tires, so use that dimension to feed your imagination.

I have no issues with a 4.8 Minion on a 65mm rim, just the right fit, maximizes tire patch with enough snow /mud clearance.

You can look up dimensions on the net.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    My spokes arrived last weekend, so I was able to build my rear fat wheel (Marge Lite on Bitex 177 hub), and then build my large Wozo frame up last Saturday. I'm using a 120mm Bluto, I have the sliders slammed forward for 420mm chain-stays, and 4.5" Snowshoes (which have a pathetically undersized tread:sidewall ratio). The bike weighs 30.25 pounds, without pedals. I'm close to 6'3", with a long 36" inseem and shorter torso, and running a 50mm stem and 750mm bars, which feels perfect to me.
    I got 2 snow-less rides in, and so far I'm liking it. The only downside I noticed so far is a little more precision is needed to get the long front-center around the tightest steep uphill switchbacks, and climbing steeps is best done out of the saddle. Otherwise, the bike handles very well, and pedal strikes are not prevalent (better than the Specialized Fuse I rented last year). I measured the BB height at 313mm, which corresponds well with Kona's 304mm with a 100mm Bluto.

Today I built up a set of 29+ wheels, using Sun Ringle Duroc 40 rims, and mounted a 120 tpi VeeTrax Fatty 3.0 on the rear and an Innova Transformers Race 3.0 on the front. I measured the BB height at 322mm with the 29+ setup, which is even a little lower than the Trek Stache. Bike weight is 27.25 pounds without pedals. I'm planning to ride this setup tomorrow morning before the trails thaw out from the next heat wave.

So far the geometry appears spot-on. I was planning on building up a dedicated 29+ bike (Trek Stache, Carver Gnarvester, JabberWocky, etc), but when I saw the Wozo specs, I realized I could have one hardtail to serve as a 29+ bike, and replace my fatbike for the winter when needed. The Wozo frame weight is negligible compared to the other alloy dedicated 29+ options (and less than the steel options), and the q-factor is very reasonable with the 170 rear spacing, so there is really no compromise, IMO.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-wozo-profile.jpgKona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-wozo-front.jpgKona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-wozo-rear.jpgKona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-wozo-seatstay-clearance.jpgKona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-wozo-bb-clearance.jpg

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
    ...Today I built up a set of 29+ wheels, using Sun Ringle Duroc 40 rims, and mounted a 120 tpi VeeTrax Fatty 3.0 on the rear and an Innova Transformers Race 3.0 on the front. I measured the BB height at 322mm with the 29+ setup, which is even a little lower than the Trek Stache. Bike weight is 27.25 pounds without pedals. I'm planning to ride this setup tomorrow morning before the trails thaw out from the next heat wave.

So far the geometry appears spot-on. I was planning on building up a dedicated 29+ bike (Trek Stache, Carver Gnarvester, JabberWocky, etc), but when I saw the Wozo specs, I realized I could have one hardtail to serve as a 29+ bike, and replace my fatbike for the winter when needed. The Wozo frame weight is negligible compared to the other alloy dedicated 29+ options (and less than the steel options), and the q-factor is very reasonable with the 170 rear spacing, so there is really no compromise, IMO.
    Nice work. I'm planning to do the same but with Arc Plus 45's or i45s. Tough to tell from the one pic, but how is the clearance on the Bluto?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    Nice work. I'm planning to do the same but with Arc Plus 45's or i45s. Tough to tell from the one pic, but how is the clearance on the Bluto?
    There's not a lot of clearance from the fork, ~6mm. It's less than between the rear tire and the frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    There's not a lot of clearance from the fork, ~6mm. It's less than between the rear tire and the frame.
    In the 420mm position it's about as tight as it is at fork bridge. Nothing really to do about it until one of the fork makers spring for a mold. In all fairness, no one really saw fat bikes taking off as they have, 5" tires, full suspension, rtc...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I went to my local kona dealer to order a Wozo at the end of December. The guy at the shop told me I'd hate the wozo and tried to sell me a bike off the floor that was nothing like the wozo. Also said he couldn't get one until spring or summer.

So long story short, I ordered one from www.jejamescycles.com (15% off coupon put the total at $1950 shipped). It took a month to arrive. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you're looking to pick up a complete Wozo sooner than later and don't mind saving $600 in the process.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I went to my local kona dealer to order a Wozo at the end of December. The guy at the shop told me I'd hate the wozo and tried to sell me a bike off the floor that was nothing like the wozo. Also said he couldn't get one until spring or summer.

So long story short, I ordered one from JE James Cycles Homepage | JE James Cycles (15% off coupon put the total at $1950 shipped). It took a month to arrive. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case you're looking to pick up a complete Wozo sooner than later and don't mind saving $600 in the process.

Nice!

Been riding yet? JJ 4.0/4.8? What rims? Looks like a medium frame, love that low standover, wish my large had a little more room for the jewels, but I needed the reach of the large.

How come you did an external dropper? Assuming thats a 125mm fully extended, then you probably have enough for a 150mm.

You should drop the name of that shop, it's dirty business trying to sell someone something they don't want in hopes that they won't know the difference.

Good job finding a Wozo, it's an awesome bike, totally flew under the radar, I almost missed it. Can't wait for some dry trails so I can pull out the 29+ Minions!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Haven't been riding yet... I know embarrassing but it's been so warm here in Colorado and I love my other bike so much that I've just been riding that bike (Stanton switchback). I'll get out on the Wozo soon though.

I didn't know there was routing for internal dropper and I didn't want to exchange the one I had ordered. It's 150 fully extended. And that is as far as the post will fit in the frame. Fortunately it fits me perfectly. I might even put a slightly shorter stem on it.

In my short rides around the neighbourhood, I'm blown away at how much this fat bike feels like a regular bike. Seems like all the other fat bikes I've ridden feel so clunky. Pretty stoked!

MSH
    mtbr member
    Haven't been riding yet... I know embarrassing but it's been so warm here in Colorado and I love my other bike so much that I've just been riding that bike (Stanton switchback). I'll get out on the Wozo soon though.....

In my short rides around the neighbourhood, I'm blown away at how much this fat bike feels like a regular bike. Seems like all the other fat bikes I've ridden feel so clunky. Pretty stoked!
    I see by your profile your up in Golden? If so, I have a feeling I know who the dealer is. When I called them to ask about the Wozo they basically told me they weren't bringing any fatbikes in from Kona and they were focusing on Fatback now. The guy I spoke with didn't necessarily steer me away from the Wozo, but if I wanted one I had to place an order and wait until Spring/Summer of this yr.

Anyways, I'm down the road in SW Littleton and although I've been out of commish for the past week+ due to some of my son's super nuclear pre-school germs wrecking me, but I have had an opportunity to get in about 6-7 rides on my Wozo (totally stock build) in the latter portion of January. My out the garage ride on our local trails is pretty much a steep 2k climb to the summit.
    With regards to your comment on the Wozo feeling like a regular bike I'm amazed how well the Wozo motors up the climbs. I expected this thing to be a bit of a tank on the climbs but it rolls really well. I'm sure a lot of this is due to the faster rolling Jumbo Jims, but I'm still surprised. I don't have anything else to go on/compare to since this is my first go at a fatbike. Always been a long-time fatbike holdout, because I have always thought of them as ďone trick poniesĒ and honestly here on the Front Range in the Denver area as soon as we get hit by a storm itís melted again in no time OR it just gets packed in so quickly itís fine motoring on 2.3s-2.4s. Once I started digging into the details on the Wozo it just checked all the boxes for me and the versatility (i.e. true 4 season fatty) is what sealed it for me. Anyways, itís going to be a super, fun bike year round. Looking forward to getting my 29+ wheels built up here shortly for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    That's the shop. And to be fair it was just one guy that tried to sell me the fatback, so I don't want to throw the whole shop under the bus. Seems like an alright shop (though C3 is my favorite in the area.) About to head out to ride chimney or apex (maybe both) to test out the Wozo. And I totally agree that the versatility of the Wozo for front range riding was exactly why I bought it. We get snow for a week and it's gone. It's the perfect winter bike for here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    just got back from my first ride... what a hoot! i was seriously grinning from ear to ear the entire way down. i cant believe this bike doesnt get more attention. one of the most fun bikes i've ever ridden!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Can anyone tell me what stem size & bar length are on the stock Wozo (large)? Thanks

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weegi View Post
    Can anyone tell me what stem size & bar length are on the stock Wozo (large)? Thanks
    Bars are 780mm --->XC/BC 35 Riser Handlebar | kona

I believe the stem on my large Wozo is a 70mm but I will confirm as soon as i can

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    70mm on large 60mm on Med. pretty sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Bar and stem lengh

Quote Originally Posted by weegi View Post
    Bar lengh is 780mm and stem is 75mm on large frame

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I run 740 riser bars and a 40mm stem, short stems suit the Kona frame design

Just finished lacing up some 27.5 Duroc 50s to a lovely set of polished Onyx hubs, got a matched set of 27.5 x 3.8 Minions waiting in the bullpen.

Three Wheelsets to rule them all:

29 x 3
    26 x 4.8
    27.5 x 3.8

All Minions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Hey NB. I am looking to go 29 x 3 for the summer. Hopefully. Is there any clearance issues with the bluto?
    I am very new to this so what exactly would I need to make this conversion. Sorry if this is a very basic question.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMN View Post
    Hey NB. I am looking to go 29 x 3 for the summer. Hopefully. Is there any clearance issues with the bluto?
    I am very new to this so what exactly would I need to make this conversion. Sorry if this is a very basic question.
    Thanks!

Bluto clears 29 x 3 Minions with 1/4" clearance, DWs are a little better at 3/8". Not a mud bog set up, but good for firm.

You need another set of wheels.

You might want to try 27.5 x 3+, the bb would be lowish, but fork clearance would be better, and handling would be more trail oriented than 29+; read as more agile.

I have 26, 27.5, and 29, so I can pick and choose.

29+ is a good wheel size, but it's very tall, taller than 26 x 5, so bb is high, standover is high, and fork clearance is tight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I would avoid 27.5x3", as it will result in a stupid-low BB height, especially with the 100mm fork. I consider the Specialized Fuse (27.5x3 tires) to have the lowest usable BB height from personal experience, and that bike has a BB drop of 58mm, vs the 66mm drop for the Wozo (and that's not counting fork sag). I find the BB height with a 120mm Bluto to be perfect with 29+ tires personally, and adequate with 26x4.5", considering my trails have rock gardens. Handling with 29+ is plenty agile IMO for our tight mid-west trails, and doesn't feel much different than my normal 29ers. I find the fat tires to be quite lethargic in comparison. YMMV.
    Last edited by OhioPT; 02-18-2017 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Good info. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Ready for spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-20170218_165331.jpg  

mtbr member
    NB, what's your opinion with the 29+ vs 27.5x3.8? I'm currently running some Hodag's on my plus wheels and really miss the feel of the 3" NN's, but as mentioned the BB is just to low for my trails. I was wondering how much crossover there was between the two wheelsets. I've been really considering going with 29+ to drop the anchor it feels like I'm dragging compared to 3's and maintain the rock crawling BB heights!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    NB, what's your opinion with the 29+ vs 27.5x3.8? I'm currently running some Hodag's on my plus wheels and really miss the feel of the 3" NN's, but as mentioned the BB is just to low for my trails. I was wondering how much crossover there was between the two wheelsets. I've been really considering going with 29+ to drop the anchor it feels like I'm dragging compared to 3's and maintain the rock crawling BB heights!
    Just finished the wheels, might get em mounted tomorrow, trying to finish a remodel which is a priority...

It'll probably be next weekend before I can ride em hard on dirt; going to the west side

Whether you choose 3" or 4" really depends on what you like to ride. My smallest tires are 2.8 Rekons on a DeVinci Hendrix. I don't really ride 4-5" tires except for snow.

Maybe the 3.8 Minions will be awesome and I'll ride them in the summer, but I really doubt it. I lean toward lighter and faster when it's dirt.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Ben, how much more snow riding do you have? Just curious why you built self-proclaimed snow wheels at the end of winter (here in the wasatch).

If you still have lots of snow disregard me. Nice wheels.

mtbr member
    Ben, how much more snow riding do you have? Just curious why you built self-proclaimed snow wheels at the end of winter (here in the wasatch).

I'm in Northern UT too, forecasted rain just canceled my Moab trip and dying to get out! Forecast shows more snow thru the week so maybe have to throw the full fat back on

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Meh, any snow we get from here on out I'm betting will be gone pretty fast. Could be wrong though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

We only have snow, ain't seen dirt since November; unless you count house plants.

You folks in the banana belt got it good, we're a hundred miles from Canada, it's dark and cold here until March.

The 3.8 Minions are not for snow, they're way too skinny. I built them for rock crawling and mud bogging. I got 4.8 Minions for snow.

This pic is taken from our kitchen, we're at 1000 feet elevation, right on the Colombia River, but we ride at 3000 feet. Up in the Methow, North Cascades, they have even more snow, colder by 10-15 degrees, right up on the border.

Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-02-19-16.13.23.jpg

strider
    Nov 2010

tires and rims

Ready for spring.
    Hi Shinkers,
    Can you provide the digits on the rims and tires sizes your running as well as the chainring and cog sizes? I am working on a similar set-up and curious what you went with. Cheers,

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You bet. Rims are both Mulefut 50sl's. Front is 29, rear is 27.

Tires are Minion DHF 3.0 on front and Chronicle 3.0 rear.

The chainring is a 32 oneup oval with 20t Wolftooth cog.

The mismatched wheels were done to slacken the head angle a bit and because I think it looks cool. I used the chronicle as a rear because I wanted low rolling resistance and a true 3.0 tire. The Minion is up front because Chronicles have a reputation for being a bit slippery and I think running max grip up front will help that.

strider
    Nov 2010

3.0s

Quote Originally Posted by rvercoe View Post
    Hi Shinkers,
    Can you provide the digits on the rims and tires sizes your running as well as the chainring and cog sizes? I am working on a similar set-up and curious what you went with. Cheers,
    Oh, interesting approach. I am planning on running 27.5 Scraper rims (45 internal) with a Rocket Ron 3.0 rear and a Nobby Nic 3.0 on the front for grip. I have the fork set at 120mm, but am a little concerned about pedal strike (low BB). Others tell me it'll be fine though. I like the idea of slackening the HT angle that you did. I was thinking of doing similar by running a Minion FBF 3.8 up front.

What do you have your Wren fork set to? Those forks seem pretty sick!

strider
    Nov 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Oh, interesting approach. I am planning on running 27.5 Scraper rims (45 internal) with a Rocket Ron 3.0 rear and a Nobby Nic 3.0 on the front for grip. I have the fork set at 120mm, but am a little concerned about pedal strike (low BB). Others tell me it'll be fine though. I like the idea of slackening the HT angle that you did. I was thinking of doing similar by running a Minion FBF 3.8 up front.

BB drop with the 120mm fork is ~59mm, which is only 1mm more than a Spec Fuse, so you should be okay. Just don't plan on using tires smaller than 27.5x3.0". The BB height will be ~16mm lower compared to 29x3.0" with a 120mm fork.

mtbr member
    Wow. That's a bashguard and short cage away from perfection!

strider
    Nov 2010

Full report

Quote Originally Posted by AllMountin' View Post
    Here is the full report with lots more detailed photos of the Wozo build as well as a few videos of Wozos in action through the British countryside. Enjoy!

https://factoryjackson.com/2017/02/1...-fat-shredder/

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

my fork is the 110, left full length. I stayed away from the 150 in hopes of still being covered if I need to warranty something.

In hindsight, it's probably not a big deal.

I took the bike out this morning for about 7 or 8 miles of dirt and it was amazing. Manualling is so much easier and the bike is MUCH faster. Corners way better to boot.

I've found my mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Wow, that FactoryJackson Wozo is sexy af! All that Hope bling is blinding! You go roll on with the badass Gary!
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AllMountin' View Post
    Nice bike, but mine is nicer

I do like those Hope stoppers, pretty spiffy in orange.

All I need is a better fork to make my Honzo perfect.

Finger crossed that Sea Otter will bring good news...

Wheelset #3:

Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-02-18-22.58.35.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The factory Jackson article says he's running a 120 fork, I wonder if that's the answer. The 4.8 slacks the bike out but I was wondering if a 120 and 4.0 up front would be a good summer combo?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    120mm fork would really increase the stack and make for some seriously tall standover, it might be okay if you were running smaller wheels (27+).

I'd like to see Kona rework the frame for a slacker hta, a little wider cs yoke, and a lower placement of the tt on the seat tube.

The Wozo is a great bike, I'd keep riding it as is, but I'd like to run a 120mm fork as a standard set up. My preference would be a 68deg hta with an angleset, then we could choose steeper or slacker.

I ran 66.5 hta on my Mutz with 140mm travel, it was no slacker in the snow. You dont need a steep hta for good performance in snow

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Here is the full report with lots more detailed photos of the Wozo build as well as a few videos of Wozos in action through the British countryside. Enjoy!

https://factoryjackson.com/2017/02/1...-fat-shredder/

First time I saw this vid I thought it was a Wozo and a Wo! I do likey the Blue Wozo,but hoping for some other color for 2018 than either the green or the blue,plus needs a bent top tube for some more standover,Please!
    And yes,we need another fork option,even like a fat Auron or Durolux from Suntour would beat a Bluto(although a fat Pike would kill)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Finally found one

One sic bike for sure...2hr drive to Ohio for it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-0221171651.jpg  

strider
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tilltheend View Post
    The factory Jackson article says he's running a 120 fork, I wonder if that's the answer. The 4.8 slacks the bike out but I was wondering if a 120 and 4.0 up front would be a good summer combo?
    Yes, upping the fork to 120 and dropping the front tire to a 4.0 would just about average out with a slight favor towards a 1/2 degree slacker head angle. Excellent summer option without getting a whole nother wheelset.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yes, upping the fork to 120 and dropping the front tire to a 4.0 would just about average out with a slight favor towards a 1/2 degree slacker head angle. Excellent summer option without getting a whole nother wheelset.
    That's what I was thinking, I measured it out when I first got it with an anglefinder and it was at 67 I believe or 68 Id have to look on the set up sheet I started.. but it feels good as is just a more travel and less front tire might be even more of a ripper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    1 degree change per 20mm change in travel, Wozo frame geo is based on 100mm Bluto. Changing to a same size tire will add ~1/2degree assuming the geo is accurate for the 4.0/4.8 tire combo, a 4" tire front and rear with a 120mm fork give you a 68.5 hta

140mm fork would get you a 67.5hta, but also a shite ton of standover.

An Angleset would add a 10mm external cup (-1/2 degree). An Angleset can reduce hta up to 1.5 degrees. You could get a 66.5 hta with a 120mm fork and an Angleset or yiu can get 67.5 with a 100mm fork and an Angleset.

Anglesets work, I've used them on bikes and tandems.

I think a 120mm fork would be better for trail riding, but it really increases the standover and stack.

Tis a shame the Wozo kept so many attributes of the Wo.

The Wozo is a great frame, but it needs some tweaking to be truly amazing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    At 6'2.5" with a 36" cycling inseam, I find the large Wozo with a 120mm fork to be excellent in both stand-over and stack height. That's why earlier in the thread I recommended a medium frame to someone who was only 5'11", as there is plenty of toptube/reach/front-center length. There is nothing wrong with running a 60-75mm stem to get the extra cockpit length if you have long arms/torso, and that's what Kona specs on the stock builds. Hell, I would have bought a medium for myself if the seat tube was longer, but I'm fine on a large with a 50mm stem.

strider
    Nov 2010

Wozo review from NSMB

Here is a three person review of the WOZO from the fellas at NSMB. It just came out yesterday.
    2017 Kona Wozo - Triple Tester Review

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    At 6'2.5" with a 36" cycling inseam, I find the large Wozo with a 120mm fork to be excellent in both stand-over and stack height. That's why earlier in the thread I recommended a medium frame to someone who was only 5'11", as there is plenty of toptube/reach/front-center length. There is nothing wrong with running a 60-75mm stem to get the extra cockpit length if you have long arms/torso, and that's what Kona specs on the stock builds. Hell, I would have bought a medium for myself if the seat tube was longer, but I'm fine on a large with a 50mm stem.
    Yeah, you're a tall guy, the large is a good standover for a 36" inseam, but I'm 5'11" + with a 34" inseam and its marginal at best.

I built a medium first, the standover was amazing, 150mm dropper fit fine, but it was waaay to short, I would have needed an 80mm stem or longer.

The large frame needs better standover.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah, you're a tall guy, the large is a good standover for a 36" inseam, but I'm 5'11" + with a 34" inseam and its marginal at best.

I built a medium first, the standover was amazing, 150mm dropper fit fine, but it was waaay to short, I would have needed an 80mm stem or longer.

The large frame needs better standover.
    Why would you need a stem 40mm or longer than what you are using now (40mm, according to your earlier posts), when the ETT and reach is only 25mm less on the medium vs large?? Seems to me that a 65mm stem would be spot-on for you on a medium. Pick the stem to make the bike fit, not the other way around.

FWIW, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just wanted others that might be trying to decide between 2 bike frame sizes to hear another viewpoint.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've got a few of these for sale in Michigan if anyone is trying to source one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Why would you need a stem 40mm or longer than what you are using now (40mm, according to your earlier posts), when the ETT and reach is only 25mm less on the medium vs large?? Seems to me that a 65mm stem would be spot-on for you on a medium. Pick the stem to make the bike fit, not the other way around.

FWIW, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just wanted others that might be trying to decide between 2 bike frame sizes to hear another viewpoint.
    I personally can tolerate a extra 50mm of wheelbase over the steering feel of 50mm extra in a stem.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

The medium rode very small, can't remember the specifics, but I built it first with a 50mm stem, tried a 60mm, still very short in reach, built the large and the reach is perfect with a 45mm.

Keep in mind that longer stems don't change the geometry, they simply move the bars forward. The triangle remains the same, changing stems is not the same as having the correct fit.

Kona designs these frames for a 50mm stem, it's a fat Honzo.

The Honzo is designed with low standover tt that has a brace to the st, not sure why they didn't do this on the Wozo... maybe next year?

I hear what you're saying about being between sizes, but having sized too small in the past, I would recommend going up in size. I got this same feedback from another MTBR poster on a Mutz, fought it, but he was right.

It's a great bike, frame is not that expensive and they are in demand, you could always swap out later.

Just a thought: the Kona geo makes their frames seem bigger than they actually are, so pick your frame size based on what you normally ride (s, m, l), use the Kona sizing guide.

I wouldn't put anyone over 5'10/31" inseam on a medium.

I'm Close to 6', longish arms, typically buy XL jackets for sleeve legth, Patagonia base layers top and bottom in a large, Kuhl pants in a 32" inseam.

I run a 150mm dropper, full length, it's slammed but I could raise it 1/2" if I wanted more extension; I prefer more butt clearance. Chromag 20mm iser bars, Chromag 45mm stem, 5mm spacer under the stem. 100mm Bluto.

I'm getting long winded here, but another thing to keep in mind is a longer travel fork will shorten the cockpit, so if you're thinking of running a 120mm fork, definitely go up in frame size.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by htrdoug View Post
    I personally can tolerate a extra 50mm of wheelbase over the steering feel of 50mm extra in a stem.
    We are talking 25mm here not 50. You are basically saying that if you should be riding a small Wozo (based on your inseem, and therefore standover height), you'd rather buy a large and run a 15 long stem (gaining 50mm of WB and dropping 50mm of stem length). Standover clearance and weight distribution be damned. Let me know how that works out for you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I am 5'10 1/2" tall. I started with a large WoZo. Felt pretty good but the stand over height put the top tube right in my business. Went to a medium with a 50mm stem and will probably end up with a 60 - 65mm stem to perfect the fit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Keep in mind that longer stems don't change the geometry, they simply move the bars forward. The triangle remains the same, changing stems is not the same as having the correct fit.
    Exactly my point. Some bikes have a short front-center and it can be beneficial to "size-up" for more stability, but this is obviously not the case with the Wozo. I recall you arguing why you bought a medium Devinci Atlas at the time because the large "felt" too big. Now that is one bike that you should have bought in a bigger size, as the front-center on the medium with a 120mm fork is only 665mm. That's 97mm shorter than a large Wozo! I bought an XL Atlas frame specifically because I knew I wanted the longer front-center, despite some people arguing that the bike "fit big".

Kona designs these frames for a 50mm stem, it's a fat Honzo.
    I can't speak for Kona, but what we do know is that they did not spec these bikes with 50mm stems. I believe the stock large uses a 75mm stem. I'm not saying the bike needs a stem that long, but it doesn't necessarily make it handle like a$$ either. In fact, the professional test riders actually chose an even longer stem according to this article: 2017 Kona Wozo - Triple Tester Review . I say this even though I'm running a 50mm stem myself, which is a good length for my proportions.

Just a thought: the Kona geo makes their frames seem bigger than they actually are, so pick your frame size based on what you normally ride (s, m, l), use the Kona sizing guide.
    I wouldn't put anyone over 5'10/31" inseam on a medium.

According to the Kona size guide, someone up to 6'2" could pick a medium. Not saying I would recommend that for someone that tall, but riders between 5'11" and 6'1" certainly shouldn't just write off a medium just because someone on the internet said so. Some people might prefer the extra standover height

I'm getting long winded here, but another thing to keep in mind is a longer travel fork will shorten the cockpit, so if you're thinking of running a 120mm fork, definitely go up in frame size.
    A 20mm longer fork will shorter the reach slightly, but will actually increase the ETT length as well. Albeit, both of these changes are almost negligible, especially once the extra sag is factored into the equation. I would argue that the increased length in wheelbase, the increased BB height, and the change in HTA/STA are much more perceivable. Contrary to your advice, I would strongly advise someone to go down in size if wanting to use a longer fork, specifically because of the increase in stand-over height, and the increased front-center length.
    Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I ultimately recommend potential buyers doing a thorough test ride, although this is not always possible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am 5'10 1/2" tall. I started with a large WoZo. Felt pretty good but the stand over height put the top tube right in my business. Went to a medium with a 50mm stem and will probably end up with a 60 - 65mm stem to perfect the fit.

Yup, you are literally on the fence.

The Wozo geo needs some tweaking, longer reach by 20mm on the medium and large would make them fit their target population.

hispanic mechanic
    Yup, you are literally on the fence.

The Wozo geo needs some tweaking, longer reach by 20mm on the medium and large would make them fit their target population.
    Figuratively.
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Minion 3.8 x 27.5 on Duroc 50s, tire diameter is the same as Minion 4.8 x 26 on Large Marge 65mm rims.

Riding Ancient Lakes tomorrow if it doesn't snow....

Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-02-25-23.54.43.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ^^^ that's a sweet setup.

Hey does anyone here know a fender that will fit the bluto with the stock 4.8 tire in the front? The blackburn one I bought doesn't fit - ive rigged it temporarily under the fork crown but it's not ideal.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    ^^^ that's a sweet setup.

+1 Looks killer. Good job NB.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Hey does anyone here know a fender that will fit the bluto with the stock 4.8 tire in the front?
    The one I have from T'aint Muddy Fenders has worked great so far---> T'aint Muddy Fenders

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Update: I have 6 rides now on my 29+ setup. The weather here quickly changed from freezing to consistently in the 60's (up to 75 degrees 2 days ago!). Of course this morning it's back down in the 20's... Anyways, with the good weather I was able to get four decent 14-20 mile trail rides in. This is my first experience with 29+ tires, although I did do a couple rentals on 27+ bikes last year. I was anticipating some heavy steering and vague handling, but I experienced NONE of that. Basically, it feels like my 29x2.4 tires, but with another dose of momentum, rollover, and traction. It feels similar to when I went from 2.25" to 2.4" tires. I can detect just a little more rolling resistance when climbing, but nothing like what I feel with full fat tires.

I didn't set any PR's according to Strava, but I really didn't expect to considering that: A) I'm in "winter shape" from not being able to regularly ride 3-4x/week and B) the trails were not in perfect shape-although certainly excellent for this time of year. That said, my segment times were not too far off, on average ~5-10% off my best. If I was racing, or if I was doing a loop that involved a lot of road (dirt, gravel, or paved), I'm pretty sure I would opt for smaller tires. But for chunky terrain or softer conditions, 29+ is pretty awesome. If I get the time later this year, I'll swap the tires out for 29x2.4 rubber and see how much different my times are. I'm a very consistent rider on familiar trails, at a given fitness level and trail condition, so I should get some useful data.

The BB height is perfect, as I've only experienced 2 pedal strikes the whole time, yet it feels nice and planted during higher speed cornering, or when descending the steeps. The short chainstays really help to hide the overall length of the bike on the switchbacks and I was able to "clean" all the really tight corners, although I certainly wouldn't want the front-center to be any longer for my trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    The one I have from T'aint Muddy Fenders has worked great so far---> T'aint Muddy Fenders
    Thanks! Just ordered a front and rear.

hispanic mechanic
    Update: I have 6 rides now on my 29+ setup. The weather here quickly changed from freezing to consistently in the 60's (up to 75 degrees 2 days ago!). Of course this morning it's back down in the 20's... Anyways, with the good weather I was able to get four decent 14-20 mile trail rides in. This is my first experience with 29+ tires, although I did do a couple rentals on 27+ bikes last year. I was anticipating some heavy steering and vague handling, but I experienced NONE of that. Basically, it feels like my 29x2.4 tires, but with another dose of momentum, rollover, and traction. It feels similar to when I went from 2.25" to 2.4" tires. I can detect just a little more rolling resistance when climbing, but nothing like what I feel with full fat tires.

I didn't set any PR's according to Strava, but I really didn't expect to considering that: A) I'm in "winter shape" from not being able to regularly ride 3-4x/week and B) the trails were not in perfect shape-although certainly excellent for this time of year. That said, my segment times were not too far off, on average ~5-10% off my best. If I was racing, or if I was doing a loop that involved a lot of road (dirt, gravel, or paved), I'm pretty sure I would opt for smaller tires. But for chunky terrain or softer conditions, 29+ is pretty awesome. If I get the time later this year, I'll swap the tires out for 29x2.4 rubber and see how much different my times are. I'm a very consistent rider on familiar trails, at a given fitness level and trail condition, so I should get some useful data.

The BB height is perfect, as I've only experienced 2 pedal strikes the whole time, yet it feels nice and planted during higher speed cornering, or when descending the steeps. The short chainstays really help to hide the overall length of the bike on the switchbacks and I was able to "clean" all the really tight corners, although I certainly wouldn't want the front-center to be any longer for my trails.
    Sigh... now I really want to pick up a Wozo.

Los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by staz View Post
    One sic bike for sure...2hr drive to Ohio for it!
    Congrats! What dealer did you visit in Ohio, and how did they treat you?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    Sigh... now I really want to pick up a Wozo.

Los
    Just do it, you will not be disappointed. Outside of spending $$$ on a custom frame, the Wozo is a tough act to follow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Congrats! What dealer did you visit in Ohio, and how did they treat you?
    Blimp City Bike and Hike..they were awesome...knock of some $ for the drive and discounted for paying cash!

I got a medium..at 6' and 50mm stem..TT is just right and prefer the short seat tube for snow riding.

strider
    Nov 2010
    That looks like a dialed wheelset NB. I'm interested to hear how it rides. How much travel do you have on the front end?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have been using these fenders.

https://www.themudhugger.us.com/shop/

mtbr member
    I have been reading and reading but my question still is: does it fit 4,8" Jumbo Jim in the rear? I don't need lection about changed geometry and slider's all the way back is ok. Just please share if you have info if 4,8" or at least 4,4" JJ will fit.
    Surly ICT
    Kona Raijin

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TomiKoo View Post
    I have been reading and reading but my question still is: does it fit 4,8" Jumbo Jim in the rear? I don't need lection about changed geometry and slider's all the way back is ok. Just please share if you have info if 4,8" or at least 4,4" JJ will fit.
    It depends on rim width and actual tire size, but with the stock 80mm rims, a 4.8" is likely too tight.

Change to a narrower rim like the Large Marge 65mm and fit will probably be fine.

It's not tire height that limits fit (ie sliders), it's chainstay width.

If you can provide a tire width on the rim you plan to use, I can measure the chainstays.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That looks like a dialed wheelset NB. I'm interested to hear how it rides. How much travel do you have on the front end?
    100mm. Will take it to 120mm come summer or not

strider
    Nov 2010
    100mm. Will take it to 120mm come summer or not
    Yeah, I'm thinking that putting tires of the same diameter on without bumping up the travel will steepen the HA by 1/2 to 1 degree considering the stock geometry at 69 degrees is based on a 4.0 rear and 4.8 front tire combo. That would mean going to a 70 degree HA with equal size tires whatever they be. I think for my 27+ set-up I'll go 120mm on the fork to atleast keep HA as slack as possible and the BB up a bit.

I guess an angle-set headset could be a good upgrade to this bike for those of use that want to run multiple tire and wheel size options. I just prefer the new-geo feel of slightly steeper HA (66-68 degrees), long front-center, and short rear end.

I'm curious to hear if you notice the steeper HA with the dual 3.8s. Cheers!

Chris Bling
    Is the head the angle in fact measured with a 4.8 on front and 4.0 in the rear?

Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, I'm thinking that putting tires of the same diameter on without bumping up the travel will steepen the HA by 1/2 to 1 degree considering the stock geometry at 69 degrees is based on a 4.0 rear and 4.8 front tire combo. That would mean going to a 70 degree HA with equal size tires whatever they be. I think for my 27+ set-up I'll go 120mm on the fork to atleast keep HA as slack as possible and the BB up a bit.

I guess an angle-set headset could be a good upgrade to this bike for those of use that want to run multiple tire and wheel size options. I just prefer the new-geo feel of slightly steeper HA (66-68 degrees), long front-center, and short rear end.

I'm curious to hear if you notice the steeper HA with the dual 3.8s. Cheers!
    I have dual 4.8 already, so not gonna notice any change in hta cuz there ain't none.

Don't get too hung up on hta, long and low makes it ride different, even the Honzo is not that slack in today's view.

An angleset is the answer, combined with a 120mm fork.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Melt out ride yesterday, mix of snow, muck, grass, dirt, and rock. Flung myself over the bars from a pedal snag at speed, did some techy rock crawling over gnarly basalt, lots of wheelieing over sage and snow drifts, such a fun bike.

For sure, the 27.5 x 3.8 Minions are a good choice for all around use, love the combination of height and width. I'll probably switch to 29 x 3 for summer, though these tires are pretty fun.Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-03-05-13.21.46.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by staz View Post
    Blimp City Bike and Hike..they were awesome...knock of some $ for the drive and discounted for paying cash!

I got a medium..at 6' and 50mm stem..TT is just right and prefer the short seat tube for snow riding.
    dang it thats only a hour from me.... btw how does the Medium feel? im 5'11'' 32 inseam and was dead set on finding a large.
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    dang it thats only a hour from me.... btw how does the Medium feel? im 5'11'' 32 inseam and was dead set on finding a large.
    You can take my large for a spin some time to get a feel for the fit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Minion 3.8 x 27.5 on Duroc 50s, tire diameter is the same as Minion 4.8 x 26 on Large Marge 65mm rims.

Riding Ancient Lakes tomorrow if it doesn't snow....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-25 23.54.43.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	1123634
    Nurse Ben, can you measure the diameter of your tire/width at its widest? I'm thinking about trying a larger tire on my Fuel 27+ bike as it may need new rims...wonder if a 3.8 with a 50mm rim would work in the back. I know it will in the front.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack66 View Post
    Nurse Ben, can you measure the diameter of your tire/width at its widest? I'm thinking about trying a larger tire on my Fuel 27+ bike as it may need new rims...wonder if a 3.8 with a 50mm rim would work in the back. I know it will in the front.
    The info is out there, bike is in my van, I'm not going outsidr, I'm going to bed

I doubt it will fit, this is fat tire, width is 3.75" on a 50mm rim, height is the same as a 26 x 4.8 Minion.

Doing a back of a napkin calculation, to change from a 27.5 x 3 Minion to a 27.5 x 3.8 Minion, you need an additional 1/2" at the yoke and to either side at the chainstays AT THE MINIMUM.

Your dreaming.

Try a fatter 3" like a NN or try a 3.25".

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    I'm about a half inch taller than you with the same inseam. For me, the medium is perfect with the stock 60 mm stem. I've even thought once or twice about putting a 40 or 50 mm stem but I'll probably stick with 60.

I'm usually a large or 18" in frames but on the Wozo the medium is the perfect fit for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm about a half inch taller than you with the same inseam. For me, the medium is perfect with the stock 60 mm stem. I've even thought once or twice about putting a 40 or 50 mm stem but I'll probably stick with 60.

I'm usually a large or 18" in frames but on the Wozo the medium is the perfect fit for me.
    You must have a really short torso and arms, I can't imagine riding this bike short. I find my large Hendrix to ride short, the large Wozo is just right.

I wouldn't buy a bike based on printed geo, test ride or deal with the consequences. Based on print, I would barely fit a medium. Based on riding I fit a large perfectly with a 40mm stem, seat centered.

Such a fun trail bike, rode some sticky fresh on top of a firm base yesterday, 4" tires were just enough for the climb and a hoot on the descent, catching air of risers. Cleaned up a jump and did some repeats.

Need this bike in FS!

Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-03-09-07.51.32.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    You must have a really short torso and arms, I can't imagine riding this bike short. I find my large Hendrix to ride short, the large Wozo is just right.

I wouldn't buy a bike based on printed geo, test ride or deal with the consequences. Based on print, I would barely fit a medium. Based on riding I fit a large perfectly with a 40mm stem, seat centered.

Such a fun trail bike, rode some sticky fresh on top of a firm base yesterday, 4" tires were just enough for the climb and a hoot on the descent, catching air of risers. Cleaned up a jump and did some repeats.

Need this bike in FS!
    I just like being a bit more upright on my bikes and certainly the standover clearance on the medium is very nice for anyone that fits on it.

And yes, this bike is ridiculously fun. I was almost ashamed at how much I love it. I have a Ti Stanton Switchback hardtail with a really nice build on it - and I think the Wozo is more fun. So much so that I'm actually going to sell the stanton.

A local bike shop owner asked me a couple weeks ago what was so fun about the wozo, as he didnt believe the hype. I told him at first it was kind of like hooking up with a fat chick, secretly its got you grinning ear to ear the whole ride but you really dont want anyone to know about it. But now its a full blown love affair and I dont care who knows it.

This is actually the 2nd time I've owned a Kona I love this much. I'm not sure why I still buy bikes from other manufacturers as Kona seems to have figured out my fun button better than any other manufacturer I've ridden.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Standover is a "tight" on the Large if you're inseam is less than 33", but that seems to be the case with a bunch of bikes; the Beargrease.

Standover is only an issue if I'm not on the pedals...so I try to stay on thr pedals

For perspective: I wear 32" inseam in Kuhl pants, might wear 33" if they existed and I wanted the cuff to crease against my shoes. Wearing flat riding shoes, straddling mid toptube, I can lift the bike 1.5" on both ends; that's wearing 27.5 x 3.8's. With 29 x 3's, I'd lose 1/2" standover.

I'd prefer a bent toptube with a braced seat post tube as Kona does on the Honzo.

All that aside, I would not prefer to ride a medium frame because handling would be compromised with a long stem and the tight cockpit would be uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 03-10-2017 at 08:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Gone PURPLE!

Kona Wozo Review: 420mm chainstay, runs 29+ to 26 x 4.8!-2017-03-10-18.29.04.jpg

All I need now is a Manitou Mastodon 120mm fork

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    What seatpost clamp is that?? Looking for a purple one also!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What seatpost clamp is that?? Looking for a purple one also!

Clamp is the Salsa Liplock, 32.0, Jenson, $22.

Bars are Raceface Atlas, discontinued, got the last set from Jenson

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks man. Damn, Those purple bars are sexy

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    We got melted out a bit, so I'm heading out to ride 29+ in the morning; seems like Spring is starting to show it's face.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast