mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Jeff Jones Loop H Bars - Available!

Just thought I'd let all of my fat friends know that Jeff Jones has aluminum Loop H Bars back in stock! I just ordered some for my Muk.

I will post pics when they arrive and I get time to get them mounted on my bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Jones H-bar in the woods

I have a chronic arthritis in both shoulders as well as wrist issues from work- too many cows on the ends of ropes! This weekend I bought a Jones h bar for my 907 to see if the change of position would help. I know quite few fat bikers use these and I wondered if these worked in single track as far as bike control goes. Most of my winter riding involves snow mobile trails, level B roads and gravel but last summer did more fat single track and had a pretty good time. I'm currently running Salsa risers. Thanks for any input!

is buachail foighneach me
    Some people like them in singletrack, some people hate them. Only way to find out is to try. If you end up hating them on the trails, like I did with a similar degree of sweep bar, I would recommend the Answer 20/20 as a good compromise.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mushy View Post
    I have a chronic arthritis in both shoulders as well as wrist issues from work- too many cows on the ends of ropes! This weekend I bought a Jones h bar for my 907 to see if the change of position would help. I know quite few fat bikers use these and I wondered if these worked in single track as far as bike control goes. Most of my winter riding involves snow mobile trails, level B roads and gravel but last summer did more fat single track and had a pretty good time. I'm currently running Salsa risers. Thanks for any input!
    Adding sweep to the bars is beneficial for many. Jones are on the extreme end of what most use on trail at ~45* of sweep. Some love it, some can't live without it, others can't stand it. Only way to know for sure is to try.

I run the Answer 20/20 bars because that amount (20*) of sweep feels natural to me. 45* of sweep was too much.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I run the Answer 20/20 on the geared fat bike as a compromise and the Jones on my SS. I'd use the Jones on the fat bike, but the original Jones bars don't play well with most shifters.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the input. I am going to try these bars as I need to do something different. As far as shifters go, I am running thumbies which I think will work. The shop I purchased the bars from also recommended Ergon grips which looked ok but I'm going to make one change at a time. If these are too extreme I'll give the Answer bars a try. I haven't run any Answer parts for years!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    I'd echo what others have said.

Personally, I love the Jones bars, and run them with Dual Control levers which is what Jeff ran and recommended. Whole second level of debate with those things there though.

Run them single track, fast long descents, climbing, whether extended or short, punchy and techy, they work for me.

Just got a set of the Answers myself (Salsa makes the Bend 2's which are currently not available, and are slightly more at 23 degrees, but a lot cheaper) since the Jones extensions do not play all that nicely with pogies, and this winter we've need them!

They seem to work well too, just a bit light on sweep for me, but still enough to offer plenty of benefit over all the ~10 degree give or take offerings out there.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

workin' it Administrator
    I love the Jones sweep and position and width for tech riding. I started with sweep gradually first just with a riser, then an On-One fleegle, then an On-One mary bar and finally a jones. I think that amounts to 5, 15, 35 and 45 or so. For me the more sweep the better in the tech. Not big air jumping tech but slow trailsy stuff. As a bonus the multiple hand positions help on epic rides.
    Try this: HTFU

Jones was great on techy trails. The only thing I didn't like was on climbs, it put my hands too far back. I ride a singlespeed, so I stand on climbs. Grip angle and position were too awkward when standing. That would go for any bar with 20+ deg sweep. Otherwise, great bar, which I still use on my cargo bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Interesting to read so many takes on this bar. I loved it everywhere but technical riding. With my hands so close into my body, the front wheel tended to wander. I had the AL bars, but finally gave them up because they were so stiff my techy trails were beating my wrists up. Switched to a swept titanium bar (31 degrees) and have had less wrist issues. If I could afford Jones titanium bars/carbon bars, I would try them.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

jones carboh h bar

any one using thoughts after wrist surgery might be a good position

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    any one using thoughts after wrist surgery might be a good position

You might want to dial back the pain meds a bit. You posted three questions in one sentence, with zero question marks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    good point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Any using position might be a good one after wrist surgery. Thoughts?

**The wider H-bar is peerless IMO for what it offers in certain applications. Some folks love it all round. Carbon version sounds choice.