Printable View

• 09-16-2013
    wyoracerX
    InterBike Fatties
    I'm not there but someone here is.
    Where are the outdoor demo pics?
  • 09-16-2013
    blown240
    No pics, but my uncle demo'd a Surly and fell in love with fat bikes. It was his first time on anything but a Yeti.
  • 09-16-2013
    crashtestdummy
    I posted a few in the daily fat bike photo thread. There's a lot of them there including a Borealus with carbon rims that weighs under 22 pounds. I'll try to take more photos in the AM.
  • 09-16-2013
    bdundee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I posted a few in the daily fat bike photo thread. There's a lot of them there including a Borealus with carbon rims that weighs under 22 pounds. I'll try to take more photos in the AM.

Maybe look for the new Vee Rubber Snowshoe tire if ya get a chance.
  • 09-16-2013
    crashtestdummy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Maybe look for the new Vee Rubber Snowshoe tire if ya get a chance.

Vee Rubber was suppose to be the tube sponsor, and they had zero tubes. They also had very little at their booth, except one bored looking guy. Hopefully they will do better at the indoor show.
  • 09-17-2013
    jnroyal
  • 09-17-2013
    mtuck1
    Those carbon bikes are beautiful, and 21 pounds OMG!
  • 09-17-2013
    jonshonda
    Both the 9zero and fb look killer.

I am solo pumped about getting the first snow ride in. Tick-tock ol' man winter.
  • 09-17-2013
    Lars_D
    I am really liking the Borealis fat bike. I am hoping to pull the trigger on one of their frames soon.
  • 09-17-2013
    vikb
    Quote:

Several fat bike manufactures mentioned that they expect RockShox and X-Fusion to bring fat bike suspension forks to market in the near future, though neither company would comment on the possibility.
    I guess we wait.
  • 09-17-2013
    Slow Danger
    That Aluboo fat bike will be coming in with a complete build with X9 at $2400. Cheaper than the new Trek.
  • 09-18-2013
    duggus
    I'm going to be surprised if anything fat bike related comes out at Interbike that this group hasn't already seen. We are pretty up on our "top secret" and new fat-stuff... ehhh? http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smile...eer-817053.gif

That or we will have 3 duplicate threads for each.
  • 09-18-2013
    SmooveP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I guess we wait.

I take this to mean no new fat suspension forks were introduced at the show?
  • 09-18-2013
    wyoracerX
    Re: InterBike Fatties
    That new 4.25" Vee/Fatback tire looks mighty nice.
  • 09-18-2013
    SmooveP
    Some good info and pics here:
    Interbike Outdoor Demo Report ? Day 1 | FAT-BIKE.COM
    Interbike Outdoor Demo ? Day 2 | FAT-BIKE.COM

The olive drab green Pugs with matching green is cool. And it looks like e13 has a new TRS crank in a fat version. Direct mount 2x anyone?
  • 09-18-2013
    pucstopr30
    I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone, but in the Salsa preview catalog for the Mukluk it says that geometry has been updated to accept 100mm suspension forks. It may just be for the new inverted forks that hit the market...
    Just an observation...
    Chris
  • 09-18-2013
    Espen W
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pucstopr30 View Post
    I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone, but in the Salsa preview catalog for the Mukluk it says that geometry has been updated to accept 100mm suspension forks. It may just be for the new inverted forks that hit the market...
    Just an observation...
    Chris

Or possibly for another (very promising) fork in the works... ;)
  • 09-18-2013
    TrailMaker
    Quote:

I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone, but in the Salsa preview catalog for the Mukluk it says that geometry has been updated to accept 100mm suspension forks. It may just be for the new inverted forks that hit the market... Just an observation...

Good catch...

...For a goalie. :)
  • 09-18-2013
    vikb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    I take this to mean no new fat suspension forks were introduced at the show?

That's the way it looks. If anyone had a fat suspension fork for sale for the 2013/14 season we'd know about it by now.
  • 09-18-2013
    JAGI410
    Quote:

Just an observation...
    Chris

That's just marketing. Buy now! Suspension is coming! The Mukluk been suspension corrected since the beginning.
  • 09-18-2013
    trumpus
  • 09-18-2013
    TBerntson
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fatback fork
    Here's a new option at Interbike
  • 09-18-2013
    SmooveP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TBerntson View Post
    Here's a new option at Interbike

Same fork, different decal.
  • 09-18-2013
    damnitman
    ...just to clarify...that is not the Sosa "fork with many names"...that is the G-Answer Flame with a Fatback decal on it...Greg had it on his raw Al Beltdrive Fatback @ IB 2012...there are pics around somewhere...
  • 09-18-2013
    SmooveP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    ...just to clarify...that is not the Sosa "fork with many names"...that is the G-Answer Flame with a Fatback decal on it...Greg had it on his raw Al Beltdrive Fatback @ IB 2012...there are pics around somewhere...

Ah, I stand erected.