Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ibera frame bags - super cheap and great fit

Just thought I would share how pleased I am with the Ibera triangle frame bags. I bought the Large version... and wow, you cant beat $15 www.bikepakmart.com/ib-fb1.html

Fit my 18" Moonlander pretty perfectly. The bag is a nice width so it doesn't bulge out. It has one large main compartment, a thin side compartment, and another little zipper pocket inside the main part. I have it packed pretty full and haven't had it wobble or hit my leg yet. 100% pleased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibera frame bags - super cheap and great fit-camerazoom-20121227204112028-815692980.jpg  

Last edited by duggus; 09-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks, super cheap way to try out a frame bag!
    Ordered one up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ooh nice.

Vagician
    Hmmm. Nice find. For $15 I'd try one for sure.

Dinner for wolves
    Wow. Almost too good to be true. Do they make a seat bag and handlebar bag too? :P
    Responds to gravity

Dinner for wolves
    No attachment to the downtube, I see. Has that been a problem when things get bouncy?
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Awesome find! Just ordered one!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ha, I just got one of these for Xmas. Except mine is the medium (leaves enough space for a water bottle) and has only one zippered compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhak View Post
    No attachment to the downtube, I see. Has that been a problem when things get bouncy?
    I was worried about that too as I mounted it up. But once I pulled the straps all tight it stayed in place really well. The fabric it is made out of is pretty stiff so it doesn't have much flex to flip around. I figured if it did start to move around I could always attach a Velcro strap to the bottom. No problems yet and have been out riding with it 4 times.

Looks like this site carries some other Ibera bags.

mtbr member
    The site mentioned in the last post, bikepakmart.com, has a one day special on that bag for 15% off and free shipping. I just ordered one and the total came to $12.74. For that price it's worth a look-see.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brknspk View Post
    The site mentioned in the last post, bikepakmart.com, has a one day special on that bag for 15% off and free shipping. I just ordered one and the total came to $12.74. For that price it's worth a look-see.
    Agreed: I bought one to see how it works/fits.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just ordered one of these frame bags along with a matching top tube bag from amazon. Was $28 which qualified for free shipping. Had a $25 gift card, so I figured for 3 bucks I couldn't go wrong trying these out. Thanks for posting!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    damn for $15 I would have gotten this instead of the RD frame bag.. I love my RD frame bag and it is surely better than this, but not $100+ better I would say.. esp for non-critical riding needs..

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    hey look, you can talk and text while biking too.
    ps, not a good idea!
    maybe if you want to use gps phone for cycling computer, but I don't like the idea of having to use a touchscreen while riding. Mybe the Navigationmight help out on a snow race though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Put one on the wish list. Thanks for letting us know it works!

T.W.O
    How does the bag hold up to the snow? Do materials inside stay dry? Thanks for posting this. Will order for my pug ASAP
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

Nuts
    Just ordered one from the website listed above, $12 ish with free shipping yet.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Good find

For $12.74 delivered it seems rude not to order one

BikePakmart.com - Ibera Bicycle Frame Bag. Bicycle Bags. Top Tube Bags. Carrier Bags.

Bite Me.
    I don't typically get preachy about cheap Chinese stuff, but I have to say, "you get what you pay for." Compare this bag to one of Eric's designs or any number of small USA shops who make a real quality product, and see the difference in materials and craftsmanship. When it comes to something that will take a beating and last (through conditions where your survival may depend on your equipment), I'll pay more for quality every time. Just think about what those small designers are putting out before you drop your dollars on a cheap imitation. Having said that, if all you do is day trip, then buy on.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    I don't typically get preachy about cheap Chinese stuff, but
    That last word kinda killed the sentiment that followed

Look, fat bikes are hugely overpriced so are the accessories, we know that but because we like it, we foolishly pay the prices. Do you honestly think those frame bags cost $150?

They are priced that high because those that make them, like fat bike manufacturers don't price them for a fair profit but they know no matter how silly the profit is they can demand whatever they want..surly is a good example..price fixing if ever I have seen it

So when something like the ibera or anything as a cheaper alternative comes up..it is well worth the money because if you are seriously considering say an Eric, it gives you a cheap way to see if you actually would use a frame bag before you spend silly money on one

How many times have people not had a cheaper alternative..waded in with the expensive stuff only to find they never would have used it and lost huge money reselling it or embarrassed to the point it sits in a corner doing nothing?

As to putting small designers out of the market? if they can't price their stuff right then they will fail and through no ones fault other than their own

I am a strong supporter of small business but at the end of the day you are asking people for money and if your product and price is wrong then the impacts are obvious

mtbr member
    May 2012
    the small shop's bags are expensive because it's hand made in 1st world countries where the makers of these bags need to make a living. It doesn't matter what the actual material costs to the maker, no one living in the U.S. is going to put in the time & effort to hand make a frame bag and then sell it for $15... That being said, if a factory can put out framebags, seatpost bags at a significant discount, using similar material as the small shops, the small shops will go out of business..

until that happens, there is a market for hand made bags, designed with in the field experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pfox90 View Post
    How does the bag hold up to the snow? Do materials inside stay dry? Thanks for posting this. Will order for my pug ASAP
    I've ridden with mine while it was snowing and havent had anything wet. I think you would have to be riding in some pretty good rain to have anything in this get wet. I dont think it would though.

Rode yesterday for 10 miles and it was 8 degrees out... the material gets a little stiff at those temperatures but big deal. Still no flopping around or anything to bother me... I had it packed more yesterday as well. I havent put anything in the slim side pocket yet so I cant comment on that.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    can you take a pic of the bag from the top view? I'd like to see the width of the bag.. thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Excellent find.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boogman View Post
    until that happens, there is a market for hand made bags, designed with in the field experience.
    I agree..but as I mentioned given they ask so much for them it's an expensive mistake to make if it turns out you didn't really need/want one in the first place

I've bought the Ibera and will see if I need a frame bag by using this one..if I do then obviously I would look for a higher quality, longer lasting product but even then only if it is going to be used more than just occasionally

as an occasional bag I think you will have to agree $12.74 delivered is probably the best money spent within the fat bike hobby we have today

If I do decide to get a overpriced but quality frame bag later then the ibera is cheap enough to karma it forward.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast