Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Got mine to go on the Mukluk medium frame. Its wonderful product for 15.00.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    I don't typically get preachy about cheap Chinese stuff, but I have to say, "you get what you pay for." Compare this bag to one of Eric's designs or any number of small USA shops who make a real quality product, and see the difference in materials and craftsmanship. When it comes to something that will take a beating and last (through conditions where your survival may depend on your equipment), I'll pay more for quality every time. Just think about what those small designers are putting out before you drop your dollars on a cheap imitation. Having said that, if all you do is day trip, then buy on.
    I agree with your sentiment in general. The Porcelain Rocket bags I have are a work of art and pleasure to use every time I am riding, but not everyone can afford them and not everyone needs that type of frame bag.

I can understand why someone would buy a $12-$15 bag to hold a few items on their rambles.

Having said that I do think it's important to appreciate the differences between products made for the lowest cost in China and custom bags made one at a time by a craftsman who is an experienced cyclist with a passion for bikepacking. Even amongst the small volume bike bag makers I see a ton of variation in design elements and construction quality.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I bought my wife a Relevate frame bag and I bought myself a large Ibera frame bag. There is no comparison as far as quality. The Ibera bag is fine, well designed for fitting as many bikes as possible, and should hold up reasonably well. I am using it for day rides, and it works fine for that use. It is nice to have extra clothes when riding in winter. I would not want to use it for bikepacking or multi day races. I just don't know how reliable it would be when overstuffed. The Relevate bag holds much more and supports it's volume much better. Know which will fit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jojen View Post
    I am still checking bag options for my bike and noticed that the photos changed for the Ibera frame bag! the design changed a bit, it's all black now with a bit more orange. I like that it's black, not so sure about the trimming. did anyone receive the newer version?
    Huh... yeah I like that newer look better. I actually just black sharpie'd over the logo on mine so it is black... then got a couple moonlander and fatbike.com patches to put over them. I've been in an out of my stuffed bag in -5 to 15 weather quite a bit, and while I was putting the patches on I had some time to look over the stitching... still fine with no pulled threads. I like the fact that I can smash as much as I want into it and IF I do rip it, the cost to get a new one is only $15. It's nice not having to wear a backpack for my little hour rides.

Definitely just have to remember it is a cheap bag though... I agree with the others you would want something better for serious journeys.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    then got a couple moonlander and fatbike.com patches
    Where did you get Moonlander patches?
    - Mark Ehlers
    The Prodigal Cyclist

Re: Ibera frame bags - super cheap and great fit

From our friendly neighborhood forum moderator... over at fat-bike.com, but now looking on their site I don't see the store tab any more. Not sure where they went.

Laramie, Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by mactweek View Post
    I bought my wife a Relevate frame bag and I bought myself a large Ibera frame bag. There is no comparison as far as quality. The Ibera bag is fine, well designed for fitting as many bikes as possible, and should hold up reasonably well. I am using it for day rides, and it works fine for that use. It is nice to have extra clothes when riding in winter. I would not want to use it for bikepacking or multi day races. I just don't know how reliable it would be when overstuffed. The Relevate bag holds much more and supports it's volume much better. Know which will fit your needs.
    This is exactly what I expected to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    This is exactly what I expected to hear.
    Ditto to that... which is exactly what I stated on one of the first threads. I've actually looked into getting a "good" one for real trips... and would recommend that as I did to anyone who does such things. But for putzing around local trails the cheapo Ibera bag has been A-ok with no annoyances... and I'm a person who gets annoyed easy

Never had it come loose or swing or anything stupid. That is with the large on my 18" Moonlander frame. I could see it possibly swinging if you had a larger frame... but still not sure if it would, the straps are actually pretty good quality.

If I had the money though... I really like the Bike Bag Dude frame bags.

mtbr member
    I like the idea of the $15 Ibera bag, but I wish it were a little bigger. I think we would all be willing to pay a little more to fill out the whole triangle. Are there any other cheap-ish options out there. It seems like $150 is the next step up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    Are there any other cheap-ish options out there.
    Frame Packs

I like my Jandd frame bag, the original one fits my stumpjumper when mounted backwards.

mtbr member
    I also looked at these bags at Amazon, I might buy as well. I would attach a strap for the down tube tho.

I also, understand the plus and minuses of quality vs price. That brings me back to my point located in other threads. For a US made product there needs to be a higher demand for that product. Higher volume sales brings down the overall cost of the product because they are still able to make a survivable profit.

When a Chinese product comes to market. It's supported by it's government. They makes sure their companies survive.

US companies are mostly on their own. So, back again...

The more people we have riding fat bikes, then maybe a US made product can produce a higher volume product and still make a living.

Maybe...

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I like the idea of the $15 Ibera bag, but I wish it were a little bigger. I think we would all be willing to pay a little more to fill out the whole triangle. Are there any other cheap-ish options out there. It seems like $150 is the next step up.
    What size Moonlander do you have? I have the 18" and the large bag takes up nearly the entire frame triangle. You can see photos in post 26 on this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    What size Moonlander do you have? I have the 18" and the large bag takes up nearly the entire frame triangle. You can see photos in post 26 on this thread.
    I have the 18" as well. I will probably order this. I like how the bags Surly sells on their site take up all of the triangle, but I do not know if that is worth an extra $150 for that privilege. I will probably buy this thing.

Fat & Single
    Shipping to Oz is only $36 for 4 Ibera bags.

Jandd is even better at $16 for 4.

No point us ordering stuff in 1's here.

Will get a better look at these tonight.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have a large bag on a 16" Moonlander. The bag is too big, but not grossly so. Even loaded up the bag doesn't get in the way, even though it does stick out a little bit. For day rides, the price is hard to beat

mtbr member
    I just ordered mine. If I don't like, it will go on my townie bike. Thinking of spraying some 3m waterproofer on it for good measure.

mtbr member
    Ibera frame bags - super cheap and great fit-2013-10-09_22-20-17_435.jpgIbera frame bags - super cheap and great fit-2013-10-09_22-22-16_899.jpgIbera frame bags - super cheap and great fit-2013-10-09_22-22-40_717.jpg

Got my Ibera bag today. I am pretty pleased with it so far. Quality seems good. Zippers work well.
    The lack of a strap on the downtube is kind of a bummer but for this price point I can deal with that.
    I plan on getting one of the bags Surly offers, but probably will hold off for a while since they are so expensive. This should suffice for now.
    This should probably be okay for day use as some of had said. I plan to put my water, food and GPS in there since I am not a fan of camelbaks while snow biking.
    I was able to fit beer growler in there no problem!
    If end up having to eat one of my riding buddies in the back country because of a frame bag failure, I will try to update everyone.

Re: Ibera frame bags - super cheap and great fit

Yeah... the all black ones look much better. Mine has all the grey on it... but kinda matches the silver/black of my moonlander. You could stitch a lower strap on if it really bugs you, but honestly I never have had any problems with it swinging around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm seriously considering getting one of these to use around town just to minimize wear and tear on my Revelate and Cleaveland Mountaineering bags. That way I can save them for the big trips/hard-core bikepacking. Nice find, thanks.

mtbr member
    I've taken mine out for a handful of rides so far.
    Not having a downtube strap is not much of a big deal. Even loaded down, it will not jostle around around too much. The zippers seem to be oversized enough to where you can close them with one hand pretty easily. Fabric is better quality than I was expecting and even on a slushy/wet ride, I did not get anything wet on the inside.
    My main beef with this is size.
    I think if Ibera made a slightly bigger bag, and raised the price a bit, it would sell a lot. I am able to fit my Co2 setup, hand pump, multi tool, GoPro in case, large Surly fat bike tube, and a large bottle of water pretty easily.
    I do plan to buy a Revelate bag soon since there is so much more it can hold. The price just kinda stinks on them, but that's life.
    I would say to anyone on the fence with this product, go for it. It's cheap in price but the quality is pretty dang good considering. I plan to throw it on my work commuter when I upgrade to a Revelate bag. At $20, I should have bought two.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Amazon Ibera Bicycle Triangle Frame Bag, Large has decreased from $18.99 to $14.99

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Amazon Ibera Bicycle Triangle Frame Bag, Large has decreased to 12.99... with free shipping (prime)

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by k.b. View Post
    Amazon Ibera Bicycle Triangle Frame Bag, Large has decreased to 12.99... with free shipping (prime)

Sold
    Take my money

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zfmrchnt View Post

Sold
    Take my money
    I got a large - has three straps on tops - but there is a clear gap on the bottom. So much so that I can fit a water bottle under?

mtbr member
    I usually just put my water bottle in the bag. In the summer I have my Ibera bag on my road bike/commuter. Very well made, stout zippers, hard to believe it was so cheap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast