Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boogman View Post
    can you take a pic of the bag from the top view? I'd like to see the width of the bag.. thanks.
    Here are some other views...

Non zipper side
    Last edited by duggus; 01-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sylus View Post

If I do decide to get a overpriced but quality frame bag later then the ibera is cheap enough to karma it forward.
    Like I said, you get what you pay for. Overpriced is a relative term. Buy something quality once, or buy cheap stuff over and over. I've seen so many cheap Chinese products break after a couple of months use that I'd much rather buy the good stuff first. Obviously it helps to know if you really need it before you buy, but quality materials and craftsmanship do matter.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I imagine the paint at the attachment points will be affected?

Quote Originally Posted by racefit View Post
    I imagine the paint at the attachment points will be affected?
    3M adhesive film takes care of that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Ibera Frame Bags

I've been checking this bag out for a month or so and I have one dumb question. Amazon and other sites quote the dimensions Lg. 15x10x16 med 12x11x7. Which measurement is which? I think it's 15" along top tube, 10" seat tube, and 16" along long bottom side for lg size is that correct? Another site says 16x17x11 for lg.
    Thanks

Nuts
    I got 15.5x10.5x17 for a large measured at the pleating.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Is that 15.5 top tube, 10 seat tube, 16 along bottom tube? I'm pretty sure it must be.
    Thanks

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickHancock View Post
    Is that 15.5 top tube, 10 seat tube, 16 along bottom tube? I'm pretty sure it must be.
    Thanks
    Yup spot on sorry! As far as the bag goes Revelate doesn't need to feel threatened, it is a ok bag for my wifes bomb around town Pugs but in no way compaires to my Revelate bag.
    And I love beer!!

If I learn to love my $15 frame bag and some day find I need something more durable... I would now gladly shell out some dough for one of these sexy *****es...

First Look ~ The Oveja Negra MM2-SSB/ON Frame Bag | FAT-BIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ibera top tube bag just arrived, and its way nicer than I thought it would be. Frame bag to arrive tomorrow. Psyched to put them to the test to see if I dig bag(s) on the bike. Never been a big fan of added weight on the bike, and I don't mind wearing a pack, so we'll see.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Has anyone tried fitting one of these to a 2012 XL 907?
    I am wondering if the curved top tube will cause problems?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So, after receiving both bags and mounting (or trying) them on the bike, here is my experience. The frame bag is just the slightest bit too big for a 2013 Mukluk size medium frame. It "fits", but is kind of crammed onto the downtube and the bag seems to need to go to one side or the other of the downtube to sit decently(which it doesn't). Without any velcro attachment for the bottom of the bag, I'm sure it will rub/move all over the downtube, and not sit very well. I would imagine that this bag will fit on a size larger (or bigger) Mukluk just perfectly.

The top tube bag mounts onto the stem fine, but the velcro straps are no way near long enough to actually attach the bag to the top tube. I will figure out a way to jury rig it with some velcro "extensions", but out of the box, does not fit, and would be considered unusable. I was worried that it would sit too close to where the top and downtube are welded, but on the size medium it fits fine. I would assume on any bigger Mukluk frames, the larger "gusset" would be in the way of the forward most velcro strap. I'm not sure of that on 2013 Muks, but I doubt that the 2012 would work without some sort of extension on the stem strap due to the big gusset on the 2012.

All in all, I'm sure the Salsa frame bag would prob fit much better, but for $3 (had a $25 amazon card) for both Ibera bags, I figured I'd give it a try. Not sure if I'll end up keeping either bag, but I'm sure a friend could make them work if I don't. I hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly H2O View Post
    So, after receiving both bags and mounting (or trying) them on the bike, here is my experience. The frame bag is just the slightest bit too big for a 2013 Mukluk size medium frame. It "fits", but is kind of crammed onto the downtube and the bag seems to need to go to one side or the other of the downtube to sit decently(which it doesn't). Without any velcro attachment for the bottom of the bag, I'm sure it will rub/move all over the downtube, and not sit very well. I would imagine that this bag will fit on a size larger (or bigger) Mukluk just perfectly.

The top tube bag mounts onto the stem fine, but the velcro straps are no way near long enough to actually attach the bag to the top tube. I will figure out a way to jury rig it with some velcro "extensions", but out of the box, does not fit, and would be considered unusable. I was worried that it would sit too close to where the top and downtube are welded, but on the size medium it fits fine. I would assume on any bigger Mukluk frames, the larger "gusset" would be in the way of the forward most velcro strap. I'm not sure of that on 2013 Muks, but I doubt that the 2012 would work without some sort of extension on the stem strap due to the big gusset on the 2012.

All in all, I'm sure the Salsa frame bag would prob fit much better, but for $3 (had a $25 amazon card) for both Ibera bags, I figured I'd give it a try. Not sure if I'll end up keeping either bag, but I'm sure a friend could make them work if I don't. I hope this helps!

Just to let everyone know, the Large size bag fits almost perfectly to a 2012 Mukluk L frame. So much, that I will try to sew another velcro strap to connect to the downtube for even better securement. I know it isn't as nice as the more custom made ones, but for 10% of the price, it will do for my style of longer day trip snow riding. I was able to put the following in the main compartment: pump, multi-tool, tire levers, Surly Toob, spare thin jacket and had enough room for 4 peoples worth of snacks in the side pocket.

In writing an email to BikePakMart, they sent me the following coupon code: BikePakThanks15 that is good for 15% off any order over $15 (expires Jan 10)

I like them so much, I'm going to get a medium one for my wife's S Mukluk and a seatpost bag for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Nice, I've been wanting to try a frame bag to see how it works for me and I'm really liking the look of these. My big question for all frame bag users is where do you put your water when running a frame bag? Seems like the point of running a frame bag would be to get the camelback off my back but the bags in the way of the bottle mounts. Seems like it would be a PIA to have to open the bag all the time to get a drink of water. I've got a stock pugs fork and a homebrew suspension fork so no bottle mounts on the fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm lucky, I have a Mukluk and quite a few mounting options for water bottle cages. I guess it depends on the temperatures that you ride in. If cold enough, the best option seems to be a small (water only) camelbak inside your jacket. Before I got this frame bag, I'd do that with my big Camelbak and it was bulky under my jacket, and my back hurt after several hours of riding. If warmer, I've seen seatpost bottle mounts, and handlebar ones too. So you should be able to make it work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just wondering, which top tube bag did you get?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    the medium Ibera frame bag looks like it leaves room for a water bottle underneath, but that would depend on the frame size I guess

I found this bikepakmart coupon at retailmenot:

BikePak1515 - 15% off $15 order

haven't used it yet so I'm not sure when it expires

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jojen View Post
    If you are asking me, I got the L. Definitely no room for a water bottle under it though. I would rather have double the capacity than the ability to carry one bottle of water though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jojen View Post
    The Ibera All Weather top tube bag.
    Amazon.com: Ibera All Weather Bicycle Top Tube Bag: Sports & Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly H2O View Post
    Nice. Looks like a good bag for cameras or what not. I like the rain cover. I don't personally eat a lot on the trail because I'm out for short periods, so not sure on a top tube bag yet. But wow, can't beat the prices on these Ibera bags for the quality. We all want affordable (according to the other threads ) so these are a win-win.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    I ordered 2 on wednesday, they showed up today. they seem well made- I'll report after I've used them a bit.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    I grabbed a medium because I didn't want to ask my usual frame bag guy to make such a small bag that I might not even use due to lack of space - my frame has a severely sloped top tube.

For the purpose of "will I like a frame bag?", yes, this fits the bill. That said, I dislike the lack of downtube strap and the flimsy fabric and zipper.

I like my frame bag on a bigger frame made by this guy. I don't think he is well known on here.

Definitely one of those things where I didn't understand the value until I had one in my possession - then it became worth some money.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    A friend of mine made his own w/ velcro straps for the top tube (no seat tube attachment because it's a full susp. El Ray) and made it with a thin ALU strip inside the bottom that's drilled to attach to the down tube bottle bosses. Looks like that might work on this one too.

Had a ride with mine yesterday, and the forcast hit me early and dumped rain on me. Very weird being out in the woods in January on snow, with it raining and 32 degrees. Anyway, had my phone in the bag and was out for about 20 minutes back to the car. Nothing in the bag was wet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    being rained on while on snow is a very odd feeling indeed! I was out snowboarding for a few hours like that a while back. Not too bad though since it was near 40 degrees. Haven't ridden a bike in these conditions though, I imagine it's a bit slippery?

I am still checking bag options for my bike and noticed that the photos changed for the Ibera frame bag! the design changed a bit, it's all black now with a bit more orange. I like that it's black, not so sure about the trimming. did anyone receive the newer version?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast