Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Interesting comment. Surly, Salsa, Heller, Voytech, Ventana, Nicolai, Fatback, Devinci, Specialized, Trek and Reeb all list a shorter wheelbase than the Wozo. In some cases the wheelbase is much shorter than the Wozo.
    Yes, cs, sorry for the confusion

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    i contacted 4 kona shops and all of them said the wozo is sold out til april, they also said its NOT available in a frame only option.
    Canada only, that's why I made the trip. They had two large and two medium, I got one of each, no idea if the others are still available.

Buy mine, the price is very reasonable, certainly beats driving to Canada.

Got my first ride on the Wozo with 4.8 Minions, nice ride, frame feels much smoother than the Beargrease. Gonna bust some downhill flow trail tomorrow , see if I can keep it open the whole winter.

Edit: The medium Wozo is SOLD, it leaves for its new Utah home on Monday
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 12-11-2016 at 01:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
    How much do the frames weigh?
    Bueller, Bueller...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Bueller, Bueller...
    The medium is wrapped for shipping, but with seat clamp, foam, cardboard, and tape it was aroun 5#. Honestly, it's probably close the weight of a Big Honzo which weighs ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    ok, thanks!

The White Jeff W
    That sizing is crazy. Im 6'3" and just going off the ETT and reach numbers I'd be on a medium WOZO lol. In fact the M reach is longer than my XL Yelli Screamy.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    That sizing is crazy. Im 6'3" and just going off the ETT and reach numbers I'd be on a medium WOZO lol. In fact the M reach is longer than my XL Yelli Screamy.
    Yeah, seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing! I would need a 450mm seatpost for the 17" seat tube on the Medium. Not sure if that would stress the frame too much?? Jeff, build one up so I can take it for a spin

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ride large frames in all bikes, but after looking at the frame specs I was sure I'd ride a medium Wozo. Then I spoke to a shop guy in Winthrop who rides a Wozo, he's my size, and he said the fit is not as big as it seems.

He was right, the large fits perfect, 40mm stem, seat centered on the post, 150mm dropper fits just right. I'm running a 20mm riser bar with the stem slammed.

If I bump the fork to 120mm then I'll probably run a flat bar, otherwise this Wozo is perfect.

6'3", you need a XL or you'll be running a long stem with a lot of seat post showing.

The White Jeff W
    Yeah, seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing! I would need a 450mm seatpost for the 17" seat tube on the Medium. Not sure if that would stress the frame too much?? Jeff, build one up so I can take it for a spin
    I was hoping you would
    No moss...

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I ride large frames in all bikes, but after looking at the frame specs I was sure I'd ride a medium Wozo. Then I spoke to a shop guy in Winthrop who rides a Wozo, he's my size, and he said the fit is not as big as it seems.

He was right, the large fits perfect, 40mm stem, seat centered on the post, 150mm dropper fits just right. I'm running a 20mm riser bar with the stem slammed.

If I bump the fork to 120mm then I'll probably run a flat bar, otherwise this Wozo is perfect.

6'3", you need a XL or you'll be running a long stem with a lot of seat post showing.
    Thanks. That was my experience with the Satori I had. It fit smaller than the numbers would indicate.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just ordered a Wozo and it should arrive this weekend. Who has the maxxis minion rear 4.0" in stock I can purchase from? I'm hoping to get the Exo version.

Also making these tubeless any different than with standard size tires?

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by GspotRider View Post
    I just ordered a Wozo and it should arrive this weekend. Who has the maxxis minion rear 4.0" in stock I can purchase from? I'm hoping to get the Exo version.

Try Universal Cycles currently in stock
    https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5792
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Did you get a frame or a complete? I thought the completes came with a rear 4.0 minion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Did you get a frame or a complete? I thought the completes came with a rear 4.0 minion.
    The website says jumbo jim 4.0".
    I just ordered some 4.8 minion FBF and 4.0 minion FBR. Man, I will be annoyed if they do come with the minions after all!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficiallyColin View Post
    A more recent picture
    Hi Colin, nice bike man. Can you tell me what fender to buy or make for this bike and fork?

strider
    Nov 2010

Jj 4.0

The website says jumbo jim 4.0".
    I just ordered some 4.8 minion FBF and 4.0 minion FBR. Man, I will be annoyed if they do come with the minions after all!
    I got a complete WOZO a few months ago. They come stock with JJ's front and rear. rear is a 4.0 and the front is a 4.8. Plenty of clearance on the rear with 80mm Mulefut rims. I am considering swapping the 4.8 JJ to the rear and putting a Minion FBF 4.8 on the front for a little more grip. Not sure about the rear clearance though. Maybe I'll get my caliper gauge and do some measuring before my ride today.

Has anybody had success running a 4.8 on an 80mm rim in the rear yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got mine here in Canada and indeed it came with JJ's. I had sweet time in the snow and it was a blast. The JJs were a bit washy in the front at times, and I just mounted a set of Minions.

I think the 4.8" JJ will fit in the back but may rub a bit. You may need to move the axle back for more clearance. I jammed my axle all the way forward as I wanted as short a chain stay as possible.

My second ride on the Wozo was in melting snow after it rained. What a hard slog! At least I could ride!

Untitled by avyoung, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'd swap the rear rim to a 65mm, then you can run 4.8 tires on the rear with no problems. I use a Large MargeLite.

Quote Originally Posted by rvercoe View Post
    I got a complete WOZO a few months ago. They come stock with JJ's front and rear. rear is a 4.0 and the front is a 4.8. Plenty of clearance on the rear with 80mm Mulefut rims. I am considering swapping the 4.8 JJ to the rear and putting a Minion FBF 4.8 on the front for a little more grip. Not sure about the rear clearance though. Maybe I'll get my caliper gauge and do some measuring before my ride today.

Has anybody had success running a 4.8 on an 80mm rim in the rear yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm running a dunderbeist in the back on a 80mm rim. It's fine for snow but for dirt with lots of grip I think it will rub when pedalling hard or cornering hard. Too much flex at the chainstays. There is over .25 inch clearance on both sides with the wheel moved back

Rocks belong
    If this pic doesn't make you want a fat bike, not sure what will...

I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    PSA: bikeexpress on Pinkbike

They are reporting Wozos in stock including an XL.

It's gonna be a long, long winter, best get yourself something fat and green for cuddling

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Nice Bike

I am running a 4.6 Flowbeist on the front and 4.0 Vanhelga on the back runs great in the snow lots of traction!!!

I just got mine here in Canada and indeed it came with JJ's. I had sweet time in the snow and it was a blast. The JJs were a bit washy in the front at times, and I just mounted a set of Minions.

I think the 4.8" JJ will fit in the back but may rub a bit. You may need to move the axle back for more clearance. I jammed my axle all the way forward as I wanted as short a chain stay as possible.

My second ride on the Wozo was in melting snow after it rained. What a hard slog! At least I could ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

My Wozo

So far no trouble with 4.0 Vanhelga on the back in the snow. Flowbeist 4.6 tires is great up front!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Kona Wozo-img_0157.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0162.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock503 View Post
    So any feedback from riders on the snow yet? Very surprised more people aren't gushing over this thing. Maybe all the owners are too busy riding them? I expected to see a lot more reviews, this thing is nuts!
    I was wondering this as well, looks great on dirt. Curious to see how the wozo rides in snow?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yes we are too busy riding because they are awesome everywhere. I rode it through deep snow and everything in between. The short rear end and long front seems really good. I'm 6.2 and riding a large with a 50mm stem. Maxxis fbf 4.8 front dunderbeist on the back on 80mm rims. Haven't had a problem with float around here. This bike has been at least as good as my old kona wo with bud/Lou combo

strider
    Nov 2010

Snow Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_X40 View Post
    Yes we are too busy riding because they are awesome everywhere.
    That sums it up. Too too busy rip'n the pow pow on the WOZO! This thing rips on any terrain and definitely on snow. To give you an idea, there are many great experienced snow bikers on the local trail network here in WY and I have KOMs on several of the downhills and rolling tracks with my first season snowbiking. So the power of the WO-ZO is strong in this bike.

I am now starting to plan ahead to when the white stuff melts. I am working on a 27.5 x 3.0 wheel set for the dry season and will drop a report on how that rolls now that I have my quiver-killer one bike for all-seasons and conditions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Well, my riding has been nearly all snow; we haven't seen dirt for a few months, so my opinion on how the Wozo rides is all about snow performance.

So the short chainstay thing, people wonder how it can be helpful in snow. Well, you know how it is when you start climbing a hill as the back end starts slipping, you can grunt up the hill and sometimes the tire will stick, but there are times when you need to lift the front end to get the back end to bite.

With the Wozo, I 've been able to "pump" the front end up and down to get the rear wheel to grab. The pumping action is 100% about short chainstays; think manuals and wheelies.

I've had longer wheelbase snow bikes and they were not as good for climbing as the Wozo because they don't manual well. On the flats, all bikes are the same. On the downs, once again those short chainstays take the prize, easy to maneuver, manuals, jumping, all the things you expect from a Honzo snow bike.

I may get a day of dirt riding this weekend; heading toward Seattle, fingers crossed that the trails are dried out enough for riding.

@rvercoe: 27.5 x 3 is gonna drop your bb really low, you might want to do some measuring.

A 27.5 x 3.8 would be better or even a 29 x 3.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Snow Riding

Quote Originally Posted by clchapman130 View Post
    I was wondering this as well, looks great on dirt. Curious to see how the wozo rides in snow?
    I agree with Nurseben rides great in the snow,I studded my winter tire 45north Flowbeist and vanhelga and it is amazing.Lots of grip climbs like a billygoat!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Delete.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234