Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Norđwegr
    That's nuts, I bought my honzo as a frame; but I got to wonder if the person who made the geo on the wozo/honzo to fit certain body measurements actually talked to the guy who specced it

mtbr member
    So any feedback from riders on the snow yet? Very surprised more people aren't gushing over this thing. Maybe all the owners are too busy riding them? I expected to see a lot more reviews, this thing is nuts!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Got mine on Saturday and it freaking rips.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkers View Post
    Got mine on Saturday and it freaking rips.
    You anywhere near snow? It's so good on regular trails, I'm almost afraid it's gonna suck in the snow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Took mine out on some single track for the first time this last weekend. Yeah, it shreds!! I love it and can't wait to improve my skills so I can let this thing rip.
    I tried the expert loop for the first time and with this bike I had no problem.

strider
    Nov 2010
    I have had mine out here in Wyoming for about a week. I am coming from an All-Mtn Hardtail background, Transition TransAm 29er was my last bike. This thing truly does feel like a fat allmtn bike as far as ripping handling on downhills and great climbing, but with everything super-sized by the fat tires, ie traction, cornering, plush roll-over, etc. I am very impressed with this bike so far in terms of meeting my trailbike needs and expectations. Snow should be arriving any day now so then we will see about the snowbike side of this machine. I am not an experienced snowbiker, so my comments on that will be novice. I can say that this thing is a trail slayer though as far a rip'n fun ride on techy, fast enduro style trails.

mtbr member
    Yeah, same here, very impressed. I was not expecting a fat bike to feel this lively, really anything with tires this size. I have a Canfield EPO and Riot, and this bike is still a flat out blast on the trails. Just converted it to tubeless last night, but haven't got a chance to take it out because of work. Had to check the scales though, and it lost 1.3lbs with the conversion. The tubes alone came out to 1lb 14oz, but the sealant must have added weight back. The sunringle tape and strips made it a breeze. Can't wait for the weekend!

strider
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock503 View Post
    Just converted it to tubeless last night, but haven't got a chance to take it out because of work. Had to check the scales though, and it lost 1.3lbs with the conversion.
    Ha, I just converted tubeless this afternoon as well. After last night's nightride through some cactus it was clear the tubes had to go. Didn't think about the weight change, so thanks for doing the math on that. I rode it this evening and the tubeless set-up definitely felt more lively.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Took my Wozo to the Redbull Foxhunt last weekend. Surrounded by 160mm all mountain and enduro bikes I think I did quite well coming mid field out of 400 riders. Only about 7-10 hard tails and i was the only fatbike there. It takes the drops and rock gardens on the DH track like a champ and on the loose clay and shale rock of the freshly cut track it was like the bike was glued to the berms.

I got my Kona Wozo-2016_redbull_foxhunt-1022.jpg

WNC Native
    That's pretty cool! Good work
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

strider
    Nov 2010
    yeah man, That is excellent Collin! I fully agree on the DH capability of the WOZO. So far I have beat all of my fastest times on my local Downhills on the first try with the Wozo and wasn't even trying. The fat tires do provide some nice cush as well as unreal grip and cornering. The big tires definitely want to carry more momentum through rough stuff as well. Now, admittedly I have not crushed any of my climbing times, but I haven't been far off with many climbs being my second fastest on the Wozo. I just put a dropper post on and a 70mm stem (down from the stock 75mm) both of these should further improve descending. SO much fun and the snow hasn't even started falling yet.
    Cheers,
    R-

strider
    Nov 2010
    Collin, Are you running the stock 100mm travel Bluto or up to the 120mm setting?

mtbr member
    Ha, that's awesome, nice job Colin! Nice tricked out Wozo too!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    This looks like a very cool bike...I am still waiting for on snow reports but yeah I want one.

What is everyones thoughts on sizing ? I ride a large fatboy and before that a 18" pugs the fatboy is just a tad long the pugs almost perfect. Im 5'10" / 31 inseam, Im leaning toward a med, thoughts ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I'm 5' 10.5" / 31-32 inseem and I went with the large. I will be replacing the 75mm stem with a 50mm or shorter in the very near future. THe reach is a bit much for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightcoaster View Post
    This looks like a very cool bike...I am still waiting for on snow reports but yeah I want one.

What is everyones thoughts on sizing ? I ride a large fatboy and before that a 18" pugs the fatboy is just a tad long the pugs almost perfect. Im 5'10" / 31 inseam, Im leaning toward a med, thoughts ?
    I would probably lean to a medium too. Like Vegard mentioned, the reach is pretty liberal on these bikes. I usually ride a med in specialized and other brands, but I was able to try this bike first, and the small fit like a glove. 5'7" w/ 29.5" I.S. my seatpost is maxed out, but my seat is in the middle of the rails, and the bike feels great in the cockpit. I even went with a slightly smaller stem and 750mm bars. The only other mod I've done is going tubeless. I'm usually a gear whore about upgrades, but these bikes are dialed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I love this bike. The geometry imo feels perfect running my 110 Wren fork.

The short chainstays are the best part, let's you sit right over the back tire and let the front end do its thing.

Mine has developed a slight tick and found one of my bottom bracket cups wasn't pressed flush with the shell. Pressed it tight and hopefully that takes care of it. Double check yours.

I'm planning on getting a rigid fork as well. I think with the geometry it'll still feel more playful than just about anything out there even fully rigid.

What's cool is that it seems like whoever spec'd the bike put some thought into it. Very happy with the components as a baseline to upgrade from.

Finally we have a hard tail fat bike that looks like a trail bike. Screw snow, it's way too fun on dirt.

With regards to sizing, I'm 5' 11" with a 33" inseam riding a large and it feels perfect.

Favorite bike ever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Kona Wozo-20161016_114004.jpg  

mtbr member
    So anyone put some carbon rims on this beast yet? The Mulefuts are pretty awesome, but saving a couple hundred grams on each wheel would be nice. Was thinking about a set of nextie 90mm with DTSwiss big ride and db14 spokes. Going tubeless with a carbon bar and seatpost, I just weighed mine out at 31.8lbs with pedals. Pretty decent for a bluto equipped fatbike. Of course, going to add the weight right back on with minions.

mtbr member
    Nice looking bikes.

Is this available as a frame only?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Those wondering about the 4.8 Minions:

FBF 112.8mm on an 80mm Mulefut
    FBR 112.5mm on an 80mm Mulefut

knob to knob
    2017 Devinci Django RS
    2017 Norco Bigfoot 6.2

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Nice looking bikes.

Not available as a frame only yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkers View Post
    I love this bike. The geometry imo feels perfect running my

Mine has developed a slight tick and found one of my bottom bracket cups wasn't pressed flush with the shell. Pressed it tight and hopefully that takes care of it. Double check yours.
    I stripped my bike when it came into the shop and found the same thing. It's very rare but the odd time you will get a bike thats been rushed together. Probably someone trying to get out at the end of their shift.
    Its always worth spending the time to tear down a new bike and make sure its put together right.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    So anyone put some carbon rims on this beast yet? The Mulefuts are pretty awesome, but saving a couple hundred grams on each wheel would be nice.
    The prototype has Reynolds carbon rims on hope hubs and Maxxis Minions. Its pretty light. The only main difference is a slight change in the chainstay so the minion 4.8 is super tight. I have run marks on the inside of my chain stays but it only rubs when i crank really hard.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rvercoe View Post
    Collin, Are you running the stock 100mm travel Bluto or up to the 120mm setting?
    I upgraded to 120 RCT3 from the 100 RL, but I kept the lowers because I like the black stickers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficiallyColin View Post
    I upgraded to 120 RCT3 from the 100 RL, but I kept the lowers because I like the black stickers
    I bought the parts to upgrade to the RCT3 damper and DIG valve rebound, but decided on the 110 air shaft. How is the handling with the 120? I really love the way it rails with 100, so I was hesitant to go to 120. Now you have me wondering though. Also, this is my first Kona. How are they about changing parts and the warranty?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I bought the parts to upgrade to the RCT3 damper and DIG valve rebound, but decided on the 110 air shaft. How is the handling with the 120? I really love the way it rails with 100, so I was hesitant to go to 120. Now you have me wondering though. Also, this is my first Kona. How are they about changing parts and the warranty?
    I find it handles pretty well on the 120mm but never rode the 100 to compare. The stuff we cycle here is pretty steep though. We hike up hills with no trails with the bike on our back just to ride down.

I work in a bike shop that is the main Kona dealer here, the Kona staff in Europe are really easy to deal with in our experience but if you have a good LBS that is a dealer they should be able to handle everything for you.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Nice looking bikes.

This is what we need. The 120-130mm Fox 34 27.5+ Boost fork would mate PERFECTLY with this bad boy.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    This is what we need. The 140mm Fox 34 27.5+ Boost fork would mate PERFECTLY with this bad boy.
    Agreed and I fixed it for ya. That or a similar length Wren either one.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Was anyone able to put 4.8s on 65s in the rear?

strider
    Nov 2010
    This review from FatBike.com pretty much sums up my experience with the Wozo after a month of riding so far. Still waiting on the snow to arrive for that part of the experience though.
    https://fat-bike.com/2016/10/kona-wo...ustin-carlson/

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I just started checking out the new wozo and thinking need my first fatty in my life. But a question for all snow guys. How much adjustment is in the rear end to stretch out the wheelbase? And will this help out in the snow? Or do we think the will the short rear end will hold its own? And to clarify I'm talking machine or snowshoe groomed trail riding not expedition stuff or xc snow racing ... thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tilltheend View Post
    I just started checking out the new wozo and thinking need my first fatty in my life. But a question for all snow guys. How much adjustment is in the rear end to stretch out the wheelbase? And will this help out in the snow? Or do we think the will the short rear end will hold its own? And to clarify I'm talking machine or snowshoe groomed trail riding not expedition stuff or xc snow racing ... thanks!
    When riding in soft snow a short rear end is usually a good thing, since the goal is to maximize forward traction at the rear while letting the front wheel "float" over the snow.

For groomed riding though it probably won't make that much difference one way or the other.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Update for anyone around 5'10". I would recommend medium. I started on a large and rode it for a month or so. Liked it a lot but for the life of me could not get the weight off of my hands even with a 50mm stem. They would go really numb fast. Shop had a medium in and I tried it out. Instantly loved it!!!! So happy I went in that day to check on a med. Swapped my large on the spot.
    Just my opinion and I am kinda a newb but just thought I would throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMN View Post
    Update for anyone around 5'10". I would recommend medium. I started on a large and rode it for a month or so. Liked it a lot but for the life of me could not get the weight off of my hands even with a 50mm stem. They would go really numb fast. Shop had a medium in and I tried it out. Instantly loved it!!!! So happy I went in that day to check on a med. Swapped my large on the spot.
    Just my opinion and I am kinda a newb but just thought I would throw it out there.

Sell me your large frame?

mtbr member

Yup, the reach on these bikes is very generous. I would normally ride a medium, but Vegard gave me a heads up to look closely at the reach numbers. He was right, a small fit me perfectly. If I was ordering blind, I would have made the mistake of getting a medium. 5'7" w/29.5" inseam.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Beautiful bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Sell me your large frame?
    Sorry. LBS just let me swap!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Rode the wozo back to back against the farley and fatboy and it was hands down the most fun. The comments and fat-bike review seem spot on. Can't wait to give the 6" bike a break and hit the Singletrack on my new wozo!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Duplicate post ....
    Last edited by tilltheend; 11-06-2016 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Duplicate

WNC Native
    Checked with my LBS that carries Kona just to see if I could even get a complete instead of just a frame, sold out.

I'll continue to flog my Puffin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Checked with my LBS that carries Kona just to see if I could even get a complete instead of just a frame, sold out.

I'll continue to flog my Puffin.
    Both Kona dealers near me sold out too. They have Wo's, but no Wozos. I tried to find a Medium or Large for a friend, and finding one to ride local is like finding hens teeth at this point. Are dealers allowed to sell online?

Rocks belong
    Sorry. LBS just let me swap!

Swapped off of a complete bike? or just a frame?

ie: is there a loose large frame laying around somewhere?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Complete bike.

Rocks belong
    Oh well.

I want a Wozo, in steel, with a threaded BB.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Both Kona dealers near me sold out too. They have Wo's, but no Wozos. I tried to find a Medium or Large for a friend, and finding one to ride local is like finding hens teeth at this point. Are dealers allowed to sell online?
    They can't sell online.

I gathered that Kona did a smallish run of these bikes that were largely preordered. More will be available in spring (I think?) with hopefully more updated stock numbers.

mtbr member
    Oh well.

Yes, please!

WNC Native
    Oh well.

I'll 3rd that nomination! Although I'd take it in AL with a threaded BB too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Considering that most of you probably don't live in New England, I hope the following info isn't too spammy, but if you are still looking for a Wozo and you are within striking distance of Saco, Maine we have a few you can throw a leg over here at Maine Bike Works.

A few minutes ago, I finished setting up the Wozo on the right with 4.8"/120tpi Maxxis Minions on the front (FBF) and rear (FBR) to give a choice of tires between the stock Jumbo Jims and something even more aggressive for the loose snow we get around here and I have to say they make a bad ass bike look even more bad ass...

Just call or text the shop on 207-590-8903 to double check we still have them before jumping in the car...

I got my Kona Wozo-wozo.jpg

-Jason @
    www.mainebikeworks.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just curious, people who ordered frame only, did it come with an axle? I just got my frame and one wasn't included.

Norđwegr
    My Konas have always come with an axle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast