Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    I'll 3rd that nomination! Although I'd take it in AL with a threaded BB too.
    I'll 4th that, but in Carbon please. The snow and fat tires provide plenty enough compliance for me. Actually not sure if I'd even be able to tell the difference (other then weight) between different frame materials on a fat bike. Threaded BB would be nice though.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Here is my buildI got my Kona Wozo-20161111_104251.jpg

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_X40 View Post
    Here is my buildClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20161111_104251.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	1104926
    That looks pretty sweet. I assume you found a frame-only?
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Nice fork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Kona Wozo-20161109_201315.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yes it was a frame only size large. I think there are some left in canada

And for those wondering
    Rsd carbon fork
    Dt swiss rims on hope fatsno hubs
    Gx 1400 cranks with absolute black dm chainring 28t
    Slx drive train
    Thomson stem and seat post
    Guide rsc brakes with shimano rotors
    30.5lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Seems like a nice fork so far. I was concerned with durability but I took whatever I cut off the steer tube and crushed it in a vice. Was very surprised how much force it took and on top of that it made cracking noises but the fibers never actually broke and it showed no delamination or cracks. I have a feeling this fork is going to be indestructible along with looking good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    What are you guys torquing your slider bolts to? Running ss I've been having some issues with wheel creep despite the tension bolts and have bumped my torque up to 15 nm. Just curious as I don't want to chew my dropouts up too much (powder coat is already fairly mangled).

blood in / blood out
    Shinkers, maybe you can try some of these:

Small Parts | Parts and Accessories | Surly Bikes
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I don't think it warrants anything like that, the creep is minimal enough that it's basically just resulting in slightly more chain slack.

Upping the bolt torque seems to help, I just don't know what too much is...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Im not sure on the torque but I tighten mine alot. Like when the tool really starts flexing. I also noticed that one of the set screws for the tensioner was missing a lock nut. Make sure youre running the lock nut. Although I never ran SS I rode a 2015 kona wo with the same system for over a year and never noticed any significant movement.

Norđwegr
    Loctite the rod that goes into the dropout horizontally and the sliders won't be able to move even if they do somehow unthread slightly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm looking at fitting up some snow tires to my Wozo. Looks like there some rubbing with the FBR at 4.8? I was thinking Dillinger 5 or Flow/Dunder that come in at 4.6 I think. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What size rims were rubbing with the Minion FBR 4.8? I've got Minion FBR 0.4 on LM 65mm.

I'll be building mine next week, might just go to a 26 x 4 or a 27.5 x 3.8, though the Minion 4.8 is pretty fun.

Edit: Almost got a large Wozo, then compared the specs to my large Beargrease and realized that a two inch longer reach was not going to be fun, not to mention that size large Wozo has a really high standover. Changed my order, got a medium ordered, should have it next weekend.

Need a dropper, going with the longest I can run, 125-150mm; bent seat tube makes it challenging.

Anyone running a dropper? Looks like I can go internal or external.

Can someone measure the distance from the top of the seatpost to the beginning of the seat tube bend?

Any word on Minion 4.8 fit on narrower rims?

Quote Originally Posted by tilltheend View Post
    I'm looking at fitting up some snow tires to my Wozo. Looks like there some rubbing with the FBR at 4.8? I was thinking Dillinger 5 or Flow/Dunder that come in at 4.6 I think. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 11-28-2016 at 10:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I need a dimension from a Wozo size MEDIUM:

Length from the top of the seat post tube to the bend, ie how much seat post can be inserted before the bend stops it?

I get my frame this weekend, but I'm trying to plan for a dropper in advance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    What size rims were rubbing with the Minion FBR 4.8? I've got Minion FBR 0.4 on LM 65mm.

I'll be building mine next week, might just go to a 26 x 4 or a 27.5 x 3.8, though the Minion 4.8 is pretty fun.

Edit: Almost got a large Wozo, then compared the specs to my large Beargrease and realized that a two inch longer reach was not going to be fun, not to mention that size large Wozo has a really high standover. Changed my order, got a medium ordered, should have it next weekend.

Need a dropper, going with the longest I can run, 125-150mm; bent seat tube makes it challenging.

Anyone running a dropper? Looks like I can go internal or external.

Can someone measure the distance from the top of the seatpost to the beginning of the seat tube bend?

Any word on Minion 4.8 fit on narrower rims?
    The OP on this thread mentioned the FBR 4.8 was rubbing. I was looking at Fow/Dunder combo or the Wrathchild 4.6. I'm running the stock 80mm Mulefut rims.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Got my Wozo in August been upgrading it ever since lol. I have a LG with XX1 drive train, Race Face Atlas 65mm stem, Race Face aeffect pedal, Easton Haven 35mm carbon handlebar, Wheels pressfit ceramic bottom bracket, Guide RS brakes, for the winter 45 North Flowbeist 4.6 front tire and Vanhelga 4.0 back tire and just put on Hope Fatsno pro 4 hubs front and back!! Picture to follow soon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozo View Post
    Got my Wozo in August been upgrading it ever since lol. I have a LG with XX1 drive train, Race Face Atlas 65mm stem, Race Face aeffect pedal, Easton Haven 35mm carbon handlebar, Wheels pressfit ceramic bottom bracket, Guide RS brakes, for the winter 45 North Flowbeist 4.6 front tire and Vanhelga 4.0 back tire and just put on Hope Fatsno pro 4 hubs front and back!! Picture to follow soon
    Haha, it's crazy isn't it. When I got my Wozo, there wasn't one thing I thought "needed" an upgrade. Now that I've had it a while, I can't stop hanging needless upgrades on it. I thought I would save money getting a complete bike, but I should have just gotten a frame and done a full build to save loot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hahaha your right I had a 2015 Kona Wo road it last winter and traded it in on the Wozo. I also had a 2013 Kona King Kahuna made full upgrades on cockpit and drivetrain bought the Wozo and sold the carbon hardtail wasn't riding it anymore. Used that money and sunk it into the Wozo. In retrospect buying a frame and building it up from there probobly would of been cheeper but then again I have been saving and upgrading as I go. Wozo is my 4 season bike just waiting for snow to fall in southwestern Ontario Canada right now. I put my 45 north tires on last week but could still be running JJ lol.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    So this thats my evening sorted.
    I'll report in how it goes.
    Choosing this over the 4.8 because it's rubbing the chainstay.

I got my Kona Wozo-img_1982.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm hoping my 65mm Large Marge will leave enough space to run my 4.8 Minion, measured out to 105mm. Worse case scenario I run 4.0 Minion out back or just build up the 27.5 for 3.8 Minions

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Here's some pics of my Wozo

XX1 drive train
    Hope fatsno pro 4 hubs
    Guide RS brakes
    Race Face pedals, stem, seat post
    Easton Haven carbon 35 mm bars
    Wheels ceramic PF BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Kona Wozo-img_0158.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0159.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0160.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0161.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0162.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Do we have a verdict on the largest tire on a 65mm rim in the rear yet? Bud on a 65 anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Minion 4.0 fitted and coming in at 3.8 on 80mm rims

Edit: I dont know why pictures keep uploading sideways on the site.

I got my Kona Wozo-image1.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Fitted the 4.0.
    Took some pictures of the rub marks from the 4.8.
    Much better clearance for the chain and chainstay

I got my Kona Wozo-img_1994.jpgI got my Kona Wozo-img_1995.jpgI got my Kona Wozo-img_1999.jpgI got my Kona Wozo-img_1997.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What was the width of the 4.8 on the 80mm? I wa told I could run 45North 4.6 like Dillinger 5 etc when I bought the bike. More worried I'm going to buy a tire and not be able to fit it up and not be able to return it...

mtbr member
    although I love this bike, I kind of feel like a sucker for paying $2400 for the complete build. If the frame is only $500, I feel like I could have built this up a lot cheaper with my own parts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ordered both a large and a medium Wozo frame. I'll get them this weekend and start building, one of em will be for sale next week.

No pushing or shoving, cash, gold, and precious gems will be acceped

I'll have some feedback on the Minion FBR 4.8 on 65mm rims...

Rocks belong
    I ordered both a large and a medium Wozo frame. I'll get them this weekend and start building, one of em will be for sale next week.

No pushing or shoving, cash, gold, and precious gems will be acceped

I'll have some feedback on the Minion FBR 4.8 on 65mm rims...
    Able to ship to lower 48 for the frame that gets tossed?
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Able to ship to lower 48 for the frame that gets tossed?
    I live in WA State. I have one PM for the medium, but since I don't know which one I'll keep, I gotta keep the options open.

I can ship the leftover to wherever, it's not my money

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Got the frames, 500 miles round trip, snow storms coming and going, hassled both ways at the border, finally home, gettinh ready to build, and the Kona maxle standard is different than my Beargrease, so now I need an axle, fuuuuuu!

On a bright note, it's a good looking frame and, drum roll.....a 29 x 3 Minion fits easilly (mid position or closer), and, double drum roll.... a Minion 4.8 on a 65mm rim fits with 1/4"+ on all sides in the mid position!

It's a sick frame, two mounts for water bottle on downtube, above and below, and a "super" mount. There's also this wierd single mount on the left upper frame tube?

Triple external brazeon under the top tube to run all your lines, an internal dropper routing hole but no line mount?

I'm building the mediim first, then I gotta ride it ... so I won't know which one is for sale until I get some saddle time.

Now for an axle, anyone know the correct "pitch" for a Kona Maxle?

mtbr member
    Got the frames, 500 miles round trip, snow storms coming and going, hassled both ways at the border, finally home, gettinh ready to build, and the Kona maxle standard is different than my Beargrease, so now I need an axle, fuuuuuu!

On a bright note, it's a good looking frame and, drum roll.....a 29 x 3 Minion fits easilly (mid position or closer), and, double drum roll.... a Minion 4.8 on a 65mm rim fits with 1/4"+ on all sides in the mid position!

It's a sick frame, two mounts for water bottle on downtube, above and below, and a "super" mount. There's also this wierd single mount on the left upper frame tube?

Triple external brazeon under the top tube to run all your lines, an internal dropper routing hole but no line mount?

I'm building the mediim first, then I gotta ride it ... so I won't know which one is for sale until I get some saddle time.

Now for an axle, anyone know the correct "pitch" for a Kona Maxle?
    I think that weird mount on the upper left is for a p-clip, possible dropper cable mount.
    Last edited by Erock503; 12-04-2016 at 02:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Need maxle info, is it an M12 x 1.5?

Rocks belong
    Kona is back to their stupid ways of not delivering the frame with the maxle?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Need maxle info, is it an M12 x 1.5?
    177 x 12mm 1.75, 205mm.

Custom axle because Kona used drops from another frame.

Monday, Kona gets a call....

I'm leaning toward building the medium for the significantly lower standover. The ETT is similar to my large Beargrease and the reach is longer, though I'd like to run a shorter stem; 60mm on the Beargrease now. The medium frame will let me run a 150 dropper

But if I run a 120mm fork, hmmmm, choices.

Edit, built the medium...it's a bit small, esp if I want to run a 120mm fork and a short stem. So, the large is going up next.

BTW, the 4.8 Minion and the 29+ Minion both fit with the drops slammed forward. The 29+ Minion slammed has the same clearance on the frame as it does on the Bluto; small 1/4".
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 12-04-2016 at 05:38 PM.

WNC Native

BTW, the 4.8 Minion and the 29+ Minion both fit with the drops slammed forward. The 29+ Minion slammed has the same clearance on the frame as it does on the Bluto; small 1/4".
    Good info!!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ...BTW, the 4.8 Minion and the 29+ Minion both fit with the drops slammed forward. The 29+ Minion slammed has the same clearance on the frame as it does on the Bluto; small 1/4".
    To be sure, that's on a 65mm rim (4.8 Minion)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FitmanNJ View Post
    To be sure, that's on a 65mm rim (4.8 Minion)?
    Yup. It's a good fit, 3/8" all the way around. clears the chain with room to spare, SRAM GX, Turbines with 4mm spacers per side, and a oval chainring with ~6mm offset.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Okay, second build is complete, the large frame is the winner, perfect fit with a 40mm stem.

The medium Wozo frame is officially for sale.

I'm taking the best offer, need to recoup travel time, fuel, taxes, and customs fees. If folks think this "bidding thing" ain't cool, then I can ebay it, but I'd just assume skip the fees.

I'm negotiating with Kona for axles, they are custom RS units, so not cheap, hopefully I can get a couple in which case one will be included, otherwise you buy your own. Shipping is extra, I'll ship anywhere in NA on your dime.

Frame is new in box, built up and measured, then disassembled and reboxed. The frame (s) had some paint chips around the bb, they both came that way from Kona due to poor initial packing. Chips are tiny, jusy saying. I'll pack it like the boss

I'm 6'/32-33" inseam, normal reach, typically ride large frames (Atlas, Hendrix, Mutz, Beargrease).

I'd say this frame fits up to 5'10"/30-31" inseam, esp if you want to run a 40-50mm stem. In other words, even though the reach numbers are whacked on paper, the fit is typical for the stated frame size.

If I had to pick a frame for four season trail use, one that'll run every combo of tires and wheels and has super short chainstays, this frame would be at the top of my list. The HTA is not as slack as I prefer (69), but I'm gonna run a 120mm fork which will get me to 68deg. An external lower cup and/or angleset would get you slacker.

PM with questions and offers. If it gets squirrely I'll just post a price

mtbr member
    Okay, second build is complete, the large frame is the winner, perfect fit with a 40mm stem.

The medium Wozo frame is officially for sale.

I'm taking the best offer, need to recoup travel time, fuel, taxes, and customs fees. If folks think this "bidding thing" ain't cool, then I can ebay it, but I'd just assume skip the fees.

I'm negotiating with Kona for axles, they are custom RS units, so not cheap, hopefully I can get a couple in which case one will be included, otherwise you buy your own. Shipping is extra, I'll ship anywhere in NA on your dime.

Frame is new in box, built up and measured, then disassembled and reboxed. The frame (s) had some paint chips around the bb, they both came that way from Kona due to poor initial packing. Chips are tiny, jusy saying. I'll pack it like the boss

I'm 6'/32-33" inseam, normal reach, typically ride large frames (Atlas, Hendrix, Mutz, Beargrease).

I'd say this frame fits up to 5'10"/30-31" inseam, esp if you want to run a 40-50mm stem. In other words, even though the reach numbers are whacked on paper, the fit is typical for the stated frame size.

If I had to pick a frame for four season trail use, one that'll run every combo of tires and wheels and has super short chainstays, this frame would be at the top of my list. The HTA is not as slack as I prefer (69), but I'm gonna run a 120mm fork which will get me to 68deg. An external lower cup and/or angleset would get you slacker.

PM with questions and offers. If it gets squirrely I'll just post a price
    Darn I wish you where selling the Large frame.When you get a chance post pics of your bike.
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    How much do the frames weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I had a buyer for the medium, but the deal fell through, so I'm going to offer it up for $500 plus shipping, no rear axle as of yet.

I'm still hoping that Kona will come through, but I bought an axle for $65 cuz I want to ride, es la vida.

First completed PayPal wins the prize.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Fresh snow tonight as I speak going to test my Wozo in the snow in the morning. Running 45 North Flowbeist 4.6 in the front and 45 North Vanhelga 4.0 in the back looks possibly 3 inches by morning possibly more!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Large Wozo frame, 100mm Bluto RCT3 (going to 120mm), CC headset, RF BB, 170mm Turbines, 26t Oval Blackspire chainring, GX 11sp, Sunrace 11-42, Guide RS, Chromag riser bar, Chromag Ranger 40mm stem, RF dropper 150mm, Onyx Racing hubs.

Future build plans include a set of 27.5 Sunringle Duroc 50 rims with Onyx Racing hubs and 27.5 x 3.8 Minions, Next SL cranks, and a better fork.

Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Darn I wish you where selling the Large frame.When you get a chance post pics of your bike.
    29 x 3 Minions on WTB i45 Scrapers
    I got my Kona Wozo-2016-12-08-21.39.30.jpg

26 x 4.8 Minions on Large Marge 65mm
    I got my Kona Wozo-2016-12-08-21.35.45.jpgI got my Kona Wozo-2016-12-08-21.35.13.jpgI got my Kona Wozo-2016-12-08-21.34.35.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Great looking bike!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozo View Post
    Great looking bike!!!!!!
    The Wozo is a bad ass bike, the frame design is like the coming of age for fat bikes, no more long "chainstay" garbage, the Wozo is all about ripping on fat!

I'd hoped to get out on 29+, but the white stuff has landed, so we're in the zone for a few months. I'll get out on the 29+ at Ancient Lakes in between storms or maybe for an island ride.

If I can swing it, I'll try to pick up the remaining large frame in BC.

Meanwhile, the medium is ready and willing... can't beat the price.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 12-10-2016 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Nope I'm sure somebody will take that frame off your hands real fast. I love my Wozo I'm fat 24/7 now sold my hardtail Wozo is just that much better!!! First snowfall tonight so second season begins. You should get that frame sounds like there are a lot of takers out there!!

mtbr member
    i contacted 4 kona shops and all of them said the wozo is sold out til april, they also said its NOT available in a frame only option.

WNC Native
    they also said its NOT available in a frame only option.
    Correct, not available as a frame only option in the US. However it is in Canada.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    ...no more long wheelbase garbage, the Wozo is all about ripping on fat!...
    Interesting comment. Surly, Salsa, Heller, Voytech, Ventana, Nicolai, Fatback, Devinci, Specialized, Trek and Reeb all list a shorter wheelbase than the Wozo. In some cases the wheelbase is much shorter than the Wozo.

Rocks belong
    I believe he was actually referring to chainstay length

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Interesting comment. Surly, Salsa, Heller, Voytech, Ventana, Nicolai, Fatback, Devinci, Specialized, Trek and Reeb all list a shorter wheelbase than the Wozo. In some cases the wheelbase is much shorter than the Wozo.
    Yes, cs, sorry for the confusion

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i contacted 4 kona shops and all of them said the wozo is sold out til april, they also said its NOT available in a frame only option.
    Canada only, that's why I made the trip. They had two large and two medium, I got one of each, no idea if the others are still available.

Buy mine, the price is very reasonable, certainly beats driving to Canada.

Got my first ride on the Wozo with 4.8 Minions, nice ride, frame feels much smoother than the Beargrease. Gonna bust some downhill flow trail tomorrow , see if I can keep it open the whole winter.

Edit: The medium Wozo is SOLD, it leaves for its new Utah home on Monday
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 12-11-2016 at 02:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
    How much do the frames weigh?
    Bueller, Bueller...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Bueller, Bueller...
    The medium is wrapped for shipping, but with seat clamp, foam, cardboard, and tape it was aroun 5#. Honestly, it's probably close the weight of a Big Honzo which weighs ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    ok, thanks!

The White Jeff W
    That sizing is crazy. Im 6'3" and just going off the ETT and reach numbers I'd be on a medium WOZO lol. In fact the M reach is longer than my XL Yelli Screamy.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    That sizing is crazy. Im 6'3" and just going off the ETT and reach numbers I'd be on a medium WOZO lol. In fact the M reach is longer than my XL Yelli Screamy.
    Yeah, seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing! I would need a 450mm seatpost for the 17" seat tube on the Medium. Not sure if that would stress the frame too much?? Jeff, build one up so I can take it for a spin

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ride large frames in all bikes, but after looking at the frame specs I was sure I'd ride a medium Wozo. Then I spoke to a shop guy in Winthrop who rides a Wozo, he's my size, and he said the fit is not as big as it seems.

He was right, the large fits perfect, 40mm stem, seat centered on the post, 150mm dropper fits just right. I'm running a 20mm riser bar with the stem slammed.

If I bump the fork to 120mm then I'll probably run a flat bar, otherwise this Wozo is perfect.

6'3", you need a XL or you'll be running a long stem with a lot of seat post showing.

The White Jeff W
    Yeah, seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing! I would need a 450mm seatpost for the 17" seat tube on the Medium. Not sure if that would stress the frame too much?? Jeff, build one up so I can take it for a spin
    I was hoping you would
    No moss...

The White Jeff W
    I ride large frames in all bikes, but after looking at the frame specs I was sure I'd ride a medium Wozo. Then I spoke to a shop guy in Winthrop who rides a Wozo, he's my size, and he said the fit is not as big as it seems.

He was right, the large fits perfect, 40mm stem, seat centered on the post, 150mm dropper fits just right. I'm running a 20mm riser bar with the stem slammed.

If I bump the fork to 120mm then I'll probably run a flat bar, otherwise this Wozo is perfect.

6'3", you need a XL or you'll be running a long stem with a lot of seat post showing.
    Thanks. That was my experience with the Satori I had. It fit smaller than the numbers would indicate.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just ordered a Wozo and it should arrive this weekend. Who has the maxxis minion rear 4.0" in stock I can purchase from? I'm hoping to get the Exo version.

Also making these tubeless any different than with standard size tires?

#THELEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by GspotRider View Post
    I just ordered a Wozo and it should arrive this weekend. Who has the maxxis minion rear 4.0" in stock I can purchase from? I'm hoping to get the Exo version.

Try Universal Cycles currently in stock
    https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5792
    #THELEGEND
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail (Alu)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Did you get a frame or a complete? I thought the completes came with a rear 4.0 minion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did you get a frame or a complete? I thought the completes came with a rear 4.0 minion.
    The website says jumbo jim 4.0".
    I just ordered some 4.8 minion FBF and 4.0 minion FBR. Man, I will be annoyed if they do come with the minions after all!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficiallyColin View Post
    A more recent picture
    Hi Colin, nice bike man. Can you tell me what fender to buy or make for this bike and fork?

strider
    Nov 2010

Jj 4.0

The website says jumbo jim 4.0".
    I just ordered some 4.8 minion FBF and 4.0 minion FBR. Man, I will be annoyed if they do come with the minions after all!
    I got a complete WOZO a few months ago. They come stock with JJ's front and rear. rear is a 4.0 and the front is a 4.8. Plenty of clearance on the rear with 80mm Mulefut rims. I am considering swapping the 4.8 JJ to the rear and putting a Minion FBF 4.8 on the front for a little more grip. Not sure about the rear clearance though. Maybe I'll get my caliper gauge and do some measuring before my ride today.

Has anybody had success running a 4.8 on an 80mm rim in the rear yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got mine here in Canada and indeed it came with JJ's. I had sweet time in the snow and it was a blast. The JJs were a bit washy in the front at times, and I just mounted a set of Minions.

I think the 4.8" JJ will fit in the back but may rub a bit. You may need to move the axle back for more clearance. I jammed my axle all the way forward as I wanted as short a chain stay as possible.

My second ride on the Wozo was in melting snow after it rained. What a hard slog! At least I could ride!

Untitled by avyoung, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'd swap the rear rim to a 65mm, then you can run 4.8 tires on the rear with no problems. I use a Large MargeLite.

Quote Originally Posted by rvercoe View Post
    I got a complete WOZO a few months ago. They come stock with JJ's front and rear. rear is a 4.0 and the front is a 4.8. Plenty of clearance on the rear with 80mm Mulefut rims. I am considering swapping the 4.8 JJ to the rear and putting a Minion FBF 4.8 on the front for a little more grip. Not sure about the rear clearance though. Maybe I'll get my caliper gauge and do some measuring before my ride today.

Has anybody had success running a 4.8 on an 80mm rim in the rear yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm running a dunderbeist in the back on a 80mm rim. It's fine for snow but for dirt with lots of grip I think it will rub when pedalling hard or cornering hard. Too much flex at the chainstays. There is over .25 inch clearance on both sides with the wheel moved back

Rocks belong
    If this pic doesn't make you want a fat bike, not sure what will...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    PSA: bikeexpress on Pinkbike

They are reporting Wozos in stock including an XL.

It's gonna be a long, long winter, best get yourself something fat and green for cuddling

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Nice Bike

I am running a 4.6 Flowbeist on the front and 4.0 Vanhelga on the back runs great in the snow lots of traction!!!

I just got mine here in Canada and indeed it came with JJ's. I had sweet time in the snow and it was a blast. The JJs were a bit washy in the front at times, and I just mounted a set of Minions.

I think the 4.8" JJ will fit in the back but may rub a bit. You may need to move the axle back for more clearance. I jammed my axle all the way forward as I wanted as short a chain stay as possible.

My second ride on the Wozo was in melting snow after it rained. What a hard slog! At least I could ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

My Wozo

So far no trouble with 4.0 Vanhelga on the back in the snow. Flowbeist 4.6 tires is great up front!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got my Kona Wozo-img_0157.jpg  

I got my Kona Wozo-img_0162.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock503 View Post
    So any feedback from riders on the snow yet? Very surprised more people aren't gushing over this thing. Maybe all the owners are too busy riding them? I expected to see a lot more reviews, this thing is nuts!
    I was wondering this as well, looks great on dirt. Curious to see how the wozo rides in snow?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yes we are too busy riding because they are awesome everywhere. I rode it through deep snow and everything in between. The short rear end and long front seems really good. I'm 6.2 and riding a large with a 50mm stem. Maxxis fbf 4.8 front dunderbeist on the back on 80mm rims. Haven't had a problem with float around here. This bike has been at least as good as my old kona wo with bud/Lou combo

strider
    Nov 2010

Snow Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_X40 View Post
    Yes we are too busy riding because they are awesome everywhere.
    That sums it up. Too too busy rip'n the pow pow on the WOZO! This thing rips on any terrain and definitely on snow. To give you an idea, there are many great experienced snow bikers on the local trail network here in WY and I have KOMs on several of the downhills and rolling tracks with my first season snowbiking. So the power of the WO-ZO is strong in this bike.

I am now starting to plan ahead to when the white stuff melts. I am working on a 27.5 x 3.0 wheel set for the dry season and will drop a report on how that rolls now that I have my quiver-killer one bike for all-seasons and conditions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Well, my riding has been nearly all snow; we haven't seen dirt for a few months, so my opinion on how the Wozo rides is all about snow performance.

So the short chainstay thing, people wonder how it can be helpful in snow. Well, you know how it is when you start climbing a hill as the back end starts slipping, you can grunt up the hill and sometimes the tire will stick, but there are times when you need to lift the front end to get the back end to bite.

With the Wozo, I 've been able to "pump" the front end up and down to get the rear wheel to grab. The pumping action is 100% about short chainstays; think manuals and wheelies.

I've had longer wheelbase snow bikes and they were not as good for climbing as the Wozo because they don't manual well. On the flats, all bikes are the same. On the downs, once again those short chainstays take the prize, easy to maneuver, manuals, jumping, all the things you expect from a Honzo snow bike.

I may get a day of dirt riding this weekend; heading toward Seattle, fingers crossed that the trails are dried out enough for riding.

@rvercoe: 27.5 x 3 is gonna drop your bb really low, you might want to do some measuring.

A 27.5 x 3.8 would be better or even a 29 x 3.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Snow Riding

Quote Originally Posted by clchapman130 View Post
    I was wondering this as well, looks great on dirt. Curious to see how the wozo rides in snow?
    I agree with Nurseben rides great in the snow,I studded my winter tire 45north Flowbeist and vanhelga and it is amazing.Lots of grip climbs like a billygoat!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Delete.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

how tall are you? at 6'1 could i make an xl work?

strider
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by patada View Post
    I am 6'2" (34 inseam) and the Large fits perfect. The top tube design on the Wozo does not favor running too big of a frame if you want to keep your nuts.
    I have a 50mm stem w/ 260mm bars. My 150mm dropper sticks only about an 1 inch above the seatpost collar, so any bigger ie XL and you'd prolly be struggling with fit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by patada View Post
    I'm 6', 32" inseam, 150mm dropper slammed, just right for my inseam, run it all the way up climbing, a littlebit down for pedaling bumpy stuff.

I'm sorta on the fence size wise, but only because of the standover. The medium is very short, my knees were in the bars and my feet were in the wheel, but standover was great

I'd love to see more standover on the large, but it really only matters when I'm not on the pedals. I feel the length more on the dry season, not sure why...adding 120mm fork will shorten the reach.

Bigger is better, you can always run a shorter stem and slide your seat forward. I run a 35mm stem with the seat set in the middle. I hate being crowded.

An XL would be too big, large would be a good fit. The ideal fit for a large is a 34-34"inseam, so an XL would be a 34" + inseam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12