mtbr member

I dream of DUNE...

I get up for work pretty early in the morning (3am) so by this time of day (5:30pm) I'm a bit of a zombie and had a few beers before bed....I'm starring out my window at the Marram Grass (dune grass) blowing in the wind on the neighbors property and start day dreaming of endless miles of semi-soft single track flowing through the dunes and grasses on a breezy day (it's always a tail wind) it's somewhere near the top of the South Island on the east coast. Haha sorry honey we're moving to Kaikoura!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I get up for work @ 4am, but at 5:30pm when I get home from work my 2yo expects me to wrestle and play with blocks and trucks, and my 2 month old expects me to not-let-her-stand-still-or-she'll-freak. My wife expects me to fix the dryer, and my dog expects me to feed her and play fetch.

By 10pm I am ready for bed, but dreaming of a full nights sleep w/o crying baby, or even a frigid winter bike ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Excellent birth control. Thank you!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syntheticreality View Post
    Excellent birth control. Thank you!
    +1 - I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how my friends with kids do it.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    That was all 37 years ago for me! Now I get to do whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappy View Post
    That was all 37 years ago for me! Now I get to do whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it.
    That's what I tell my friends when they can't make a killer MTB trip...."Dude in ten years it's going to be EPIC!!!" They don't give me happy looks usually.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I have no idea why people have children...and I have a 3 year old.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wouldn't trade either of my seeds for the world. I have those proud papa feelz.

"Your son needs two kidneys to stay alive"......here are my kidneys on a silver platter.

It is a pita some days, but others are really fun. Don't want kids...thats your thing. But I don't know what I would do w/o them. They are the only way to pass on a your legacy imho.

Nuts
    Try having 6 of em
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Mine are in they're 20's now, and my oldest has a one year old of her own. Grand parenting is AWESOME! Get to tire her out (believe me, have lots of biking and skiing plans) and send her home to her mom & dad. Starting to have more time to ride, ski & etc. too.

Dunes are a good thing for a fat biker to dream of. I haven't made it back to the OR Dunes since I made this vid, for a myriad of reasons... something always seems to come up. Hoping to get back there this year though. There's talk amongst some fat partners of possible dune trips in June and July... hopefully we can "Get 'Er Dune"...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Off course - not many sandy dunes in kaikoura though. Good fatbike rocky shore riding round the seal colony.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Try having 6 of em
    :kneel to the man.jpg:

I practice as much as possible.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    :kneel to the man.jpg:

I practice as much as possible.
    Not all mine though 2 bio 2 adopted and 2 foster
    ages 2,3,6,8,10 and 14 I don't have time to practice but wouldn't change a thing.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    No twenty six year old? You know what the best thing about twenty six year olds is?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I have a daughter residing in Dune Acres, Indiana .. a stones throw to dunes and Lake Michigan. As soon as the weather breaks and I am able I will be visiting (and taking my Pugs with me) I have six grown kids and I am very appreciative to my one daughter living fairly close by helping me out as I am on the mend with a fractured pelvis a few weeks ago getting groceries and clearing my walks from snow once a week. She drives up from Ohio and I am in Michigan .. about 40 minutes away or more depending on road conditions. How many times I have had friends or known people who eventually regretted not having kids. Old age got pretty lonely for them .. particularly on holidays. It was tough with so many little ones for me at the time, but they have grown to be such great people and I am so happy and proud of them. I now have seven grand kids and it's a real joy to watch them grow.

I hope to get my one daughter & SIL involved in biking more. They live a mile away from a state park with trails and my SIL needs an activity .. exercise to help him control a weight issue. He has had 4 back surgeries due to a fracture when he played HS football and further injury to his spine.

mtbr member

Dunes to dream about...

I don`t have kids, but do have a family of fatbikes, and Dunes on my doorstep
    And miles and miles of sandy single track...
    The dream here is real...

Welcome to East Lothian- SE Scotland; beachriding heaven
    25 miles from Edinburgh City and half a million people... yet often deserted

Dunes and Marram grass...As the song says "The Dream is Always the Same"

Miles of Sandy Single track...

And beaches that link to er more beaches!, and ice cream stops!.Great days riding with friends...

Even flat beaches take on a surreal riding experiance when wind blown at sunset...

6 hours drive to the other end of Scotland is dune surfing heaven on the NW coast...

And the most isolated beach in the UK-Sandwood Bay, accessable by a 4 1/2 mile old cart track...
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coastkid71 View Post
    i don`t have kids, but do have a family of fatbikes, and dunes on my doorstep
    and miles and miles of sandy single track...
    The dream here is real...

Welcome to east lothian- se scotland; beachriding heaven
    25 miles from edinburgh city and half a million people... Yet often deserted

Dunes and marram grass...as the song says "the dream is always the same"

miles of sandy single track...

and beaches that link to er more beaches!, and ice cream stops!.great days riding with friends...

even flat beaches take on a surreal riding experiance when wind blown at sunset...

6 hours drive to the other end of scotland is dune surfing heaven on the nw coast...

and the most isolated beach in the uk-sandwood bay, accessable by a 4 1/2 mile old cart track...
    nice!!!