mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Husker Du score!!

BIkeman has them .Emailed to confirm stock.Ordered one to replace my BFL in front.For now will run an Endo 27 tpi rear.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton47 View Post
    BIkeman has them .Emailed to confirm stock.Ordered one to replace my BFL in front.For now will run an Endo 27 tpi rear.
    ???? Seems counter-intuitive. I'm running the HD in the back and the BFL up front. Very nice combination of traction and floatation.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    ???? Seems counter-intuitive. I'm running the HD in the back and the BFL up front. Very nice combination of traction and floatation.
    The BFL washes out like crazy so I wanted something that gives me more traction up front on singletrack/cornering at speed.Maybe I'll throw the BFL in back peplacing the Endo...I never really thought about it being the front was my concern.Do you thing it will give better traction in back.I'm riding mainly dirt/muddy trails and logging roads BTW.Little to no snow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Is float better for the rear tire?

Bite Me.
    The BFL washes out like crazy so I wanted something that gives me more traction up front on singletrack/cornering at speed.Maybe I'll throw the BFL in back peplacing the Endo...I never really thought about it being the front was my concern.Do you thing it will give better traction in back.I'm riding mainly dirt/muddy trails and logging roads BTW.Little to no snow.
    I see - I'm riding snow not dirt. I think anything would be better then the Endo out back for traction on dirt or snow. For dirt, I think the HD front and rear, or a Nate front - HD rear combo would be great. The HD really resembles an Ardent IMO - nice grip and rolls pretty well.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I love my Nate front / HD rear setup. Non-snowy trail riding

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Actually I'm going to buy a second HD in a couple weeks...$$$$ multiple other bike purchases.The wash outs were so bad at least for now, a front became a priority.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    I think anything would be better then the Endo out back for traction on dirt or snow. For dirt, I think the HD front and rear, or a Nate front - HD rear combo would be great. The HD really resembles an Ardent IMO - nice grip and rolls pretty well.
    Agreed.

I'm running an HD in back now and a BFL front (had a Nate in back before, you want ultimate traction, there you go). The BFL isn't the all time traction beast, but you can run Nate up there if you want that.

I see the HD as an awesome rear or front.

The BFL is nice for ultimate float and extra cush. I'm sure when we see a BFN, there will be many happy people.....

Tried running the BFL softer? What pressure you running?
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

ouch....
    You will def' want another one to stick in the rear after you get it mounted up front. Great tires!

I cannot express how much better compared to an Endo in the rear. It is a night/day difference.

have fun!!
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Agreed.

I'm running an HD in back now and a BFL front (had a Nate in back before, you want ultimate traction, there you go). The BFL isn't the all time traction beast, but you can run Nate up there if you want that.

I see the HD as an awesome rear or front.

The BFL is nice for ultimate float and extra cush. I'm sure when we see a BFN, there will be many happy people.....

Tried running the BFL softer? What pressure you running?
    I've run from 5-7to15.I used low pressures last week on my 1st snow experience. The snow was like mashed potatoes..3 in . of slushy stuff.It was so bad I bagged the ride.Although I think anything short of studs would have had issues.But I was going to switch before that occurence due to the issues I stated above.
    The more I talk about it the more tempted to pull the trigger on another HD now.I'll tell my wife I ran over a broken beer bottles,shredding my tires!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Gave in to temptation...second one on the way.

ent
    Sep 2011
    Gave in to temptation...second one on the way.
    I too caved in one for the front- I love it on the rear of my 907.

mtbr member
    The BFL washes out like crazy so I wanted something that gives me more traction up front on singletrack/cornering at speed.
    How much of said wash out is grip vs. weight distribution. I've been wondering if the more upright, weight towards the back position I see most people riding has to do with this? My guess is there's a happy medium, espeically in the snow. You don't want to bury the front if it gets soft.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    ...I'm sure when we see a BFN, there will be many happy people...
    And an increase in the girth of their leg muscles - especially single speeders

I've got too many fat tyres at the moment so I won't be buying HDs yet, but the security of grip given by the Nate is worth the extra effort required to roll it. Lower knobs like the HD sound like the perfect trail tyre for a fatbike.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    i know where to find some hd's....

mtbr member
    If anyone needs one I've got an extra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    If anyone needs one I've got an extra
    PM'd you.
    G