danaco

Husker DU on a Clown Shoe Dimension ?

Does anyone have a Husker mounted on a Clown Shoe rim ? I am curious to know what the overall section width is.

I would like to acheive flotation without the added diameter of the BFL's.

Also, does anyone know the weight difference between a Roling Darryl and a CS rim ?

Thx !

movement
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by danaco View Post
    Also, does anyone know the weight difference between a Roling Darryl and a CS rim ?
    CS= 960 g. RD= 1030 g. RDL(cutout)= 890 g

I don't know about the other question but I am very much interested in the answer as well.
    "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -Thomas Pynchon

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhands View Post
    CS= 960 g. RD= 1030 g. RDL(cutout)= 890 g

I don't know about the other question but I am very much interested in the answer as well.
    Drill your own unhol-y RD with 1.5" holes 760g

P.S. interested in the other ? as well. I have the Du's and 90's but don't want to kae my BFL's off.
    And I love beer!!

danaco
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Drill your own unhol-y RD with 1.5" holes 760g

P.S. interested in the other ? as well. I have the Du's and 90's but don't want to kae my BFL's off.
    Are the Du's on the 90's ? I'd be interested in their mounted width dimension. I'm not sure I understand the comment about the BFL's.

This place needs an enema
    Does anyone have a Husker mounted on a Clown Shoe rim ? I am curious to know what the overall section width is.

I would like to acheive flotation without the added diameter of the BFL's.

Thx !
    I've got about 60 rims here right now--from 65 to 100mm.

IIRC, when I was unboxing the pile of Clownshoes there was a range of ~940 to ~1000.

Curiously, Speedway 90's were all 1070 to 1080. No idea on RD's.

I've got a HD stretching on a CS right now. At 20psi it's 108mm. Again, curiously, I've got a Speedway 90 right next to it with a BFL at 20psi. 109mm.

Cheers,

MC

danaco
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I've got about 60 rims here right now--from 65 to 100mm.

IIRC, when I was unboxing the pile of Clownshoes there was a range of ~940 to ~1000.

Curiously, Speedway 90's were all 1070 to 1080. No idea on RD's.

I've got a HD stretching on a CS right now. At 20psi it's 108mm. Again, curiously, I've got a Speedway 90 right next to it with a BFL at 20psi. 109mm.

Cheers,

MC
    Thanks for the info. I think HD's on CS's would make for a great combination for a fat footprint without the big diameter of the BFL's and with better traction overall.

BTW I believe you know my bro from Maverick (fromally from) Ethan, he has mentioned you on occasion.

Would you have any intertest in the spacer I make in the photo below for your customers ? Please pm me if you might.

Thx !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Husker DU on a Clown Shoe Dimension ?-disc-adaptor.jpg  

This place needs an enema
    Thanks for the info. I think HD's on CS's would make for a great combination for a fat footprint without the big diameter of the BFL's and with better traction overall.

BTW I believe you know my bro from Maverick (fromally from) Ethan, he has mentioned you on occasion.

Would you have any intertest in the spacer I make in the photo below for your customers ? Please pm me if you might.

Thx !
    Ethan is good people.

On the spacer--wouldn't it be easier/less complex to just space out the caliper?

I guess that would only work on IS mount forks.

Nuts
    Are the Du's on the 90's ? I'd be interested in their mounted width dimension. I'm not sure I understand the comment about the BFL's.
    Sorry meant to say I have bfls mounted on my 90's tubeless and I don't really want to take them off to try the Du's.
    And I love beer!!

danaco
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Ethan is good people.

On the spacer--wouldn't it be easier/less complex to just space out the caliper?

I guess that would only work on IS mount forks.
    Yes, on IS mounts but most forks these days have post mounts like the White Bros Snow Pack and to use a 135mm rear IS disc spacing the 5mm adaptor works great.

mtbr member
    at my shop we had some RD that were heavier than the the lightest CS we have (which was 910g) but keep in mind that the holes drilled into the CS are almost twice that of the RD which leaves little room for more drilling and certainly not another 90g as i have drilled out of my RDs
    your 29er may float over roots and rocks, but my superlight 26 just plain floats

Nuts
    Just for reference I have 2 BFL's on 90' and they are at about 113/114 mm stretched. I sure would love having the traction of the DU's with a little more float Just happy we have choices for once.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes, on IS mounts but most forks these days have post mounts.......
    Maybe in the regular bike world but in fatbikes White Bros.and Fatback carbon use post mount, all the others I could find with an addmittedly quick check use IS mounts.
    Latitude 61

Members who have read this thread: 4