ouch....

How long until you started swapping parts....

Curious how long it was until people started swapping the "good parts" from their *old bike* to the fat bike after going fat?

It's been almost a month now, & my EX9 hasn't left the bedroom LOL. So of course I have the thoughts of pulling the Hope Tech X2 brakes off it & putting them on the fat bike.

On a side note, I got my first flat the other day. I got caught in the rain so I hammered back to the truck. got the bike out today to bring with me to work (hoping for a beach ride up here near Green Bay WI tomorrow after work) & back tire was flat. Nice little thorn in there.
    Man we really need to get the tubeless + stans setup working with these fatties....would be sweet. I haven't had a flat in ages since switching to tubeless.
    Riding.....

How much does it weigh?
    I had a Banshee Wildcard I stripped of it's parts to make my Fatback.

Sold the Wildcard to build the Fatback in fact.

I'm about to buy some Hope Tech X2 brakes for the Fatback, lenient though, as I have no idea how they will be in the winter? Also thinking of getting Magura Marta's, but they cost more.

bikeboatbrewski
    About 5 minutes, which was the time it took me to drink my beer while I figured out what I was gonna do first.

ouch....
    5 minutes lol.

I think I'll swap em.
    The feel & modulation/adjustment of the Hopes are just so nice. I used them last winter no issues, they get a bit loud when they are wet, but not nearly as loud as the BB7's are.
    Riding.....

bikeboatbrewski
    Actually I had a Sram X9 rear derailleur waiting when my Pugs arrived, came with the x7. Since then its been bash guard, rear rack and the Thud buster.

Go for the brake upgrade.

ouch....
    They have been swapped.....
    & oh man, I love how the Hope brakes feel. mmmmmm
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    only been 24hrs since I bought mine, weeks before it arrives & i'm already planning stealing goodies from my ex8 & blue pig!