mtbr member
    Apr 2008

High Intensity Bike Shop?

Does anybody know if High Intensity Bike Shop in New Hampshire is still open for business? I've tried to contact them on a couple of occassions but not had a reply of any form?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I also sent a message and got nothing back, but they are active on ebay.

"For questions about any of our ebay listings, you may reach us by phone (603)747-3480 or via email at sales@highintensitybike.com
    Our physical retail store is open from March through October. Please visit our website highintensitybikeshop.com to stay up-to-date with hours of operation.
    Our online sales customer service hours are: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST
    Thank you for shopping our eBay sto
    re".

bikeboatbrewski
    I recently bought a Larry from them, kind of annoying I had to sign for a bicycle tire. Almost had to take a day off work to get it.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Was interested in their 83mm BB non-offset frame. No response.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have talked to them on the phone. They seem a little hard to deal with. I was interested in their fatbike, the "Perfect Storm", just thought it would be cool to have a fatbike made in New England. I wanted to ride some to figure out what size I like, but they didnt have any built up and wouldn't build one up for me to try, I actually asked if they could and they declined. I thought that was pretty weak. So I dont know what to make of them.

Eating Hot Pockets
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Free or Die
    I have talked to them on the phone. They seem a little hard to deal with. I was interested in their fatbike, the "Perfect Storm", just thought it would be cool to have a fatbike made in New England. I wanted to ride some to figure out what size I like, but they didnt have any built up and wouldn't build one up for me to try, I actually asked if they could and they declined. I thought that was pretty weak. So I dont know what to make of them.

if I were you and looking to get a New England made fat bike, i'd skip the middleman (HIBS) and go straight to the source (Frank the Welder, of FTW Industries)... to be honest, that was the only positive thing you could say about those Perfect Storm frames is that they were comissioned to FTW for the actual fabrication.. he did the welding, not the specs/design. in my opinion the frame is an odd duck and Frank could do much better with something he designed himself.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Nony Moose
    if I were you and looking to get a New England made fat bike, i'd skip the middleman (HIBS) and go straight to the source (Frank the Welder, of FTW Industries)... to be honest, that was the only positive thing you could say about those Perfect Storm frames is that they were comissioned to FTW for the actual fabrication.. he did the welding, not the specs/design. in my opinion the frame is an odd duck and Frank could do much better with something he designed himself.

Thats exactly why I wanted to ride one built up, didnt trust just having one shipped to me, I have contacted Frank so we'll see what he says....
    (sorry to hijack)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I bought a Pugsley from High Intensity last Jan. Picked it up at the shop. I found the owner to be nice as can be; definitely a mt biker. I know their retail shop is pretty much closed for the winter. Best way to contact is probably through one of his ebay auctions.
    The snow bikes built by FTWelder are not intended to run with wide rims but they will
    Fit endomorphs on reg rims. The frame/fork are not offset like a Pugsley either. Last I knew, they did regular snow rides out of the shop and had demo bikes available for anyone looking to buy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Smile Yes i am alive after open heart surgery to correct birth defect Owner High Intensity

Quote Originally Posted by johnni1968 View Post
    Does anybody know if High Intensity Bike Shop in New Hampshire is still open for business? I've tried to contact them on a couple of occassions but not had a reply of any form?
    Yes i have lived! Though open Heart Surgery.y shop is still open.By appointment.I had to have emergency open heart surgery for my aortic valve and my aorta.They tell me i am now bionic.Although i do not feel bionic.I am happy to be alive.My name is Tom Bourassa i own High Intensity Bike Shop i am open by appointment and i will be riding my snow bike for 2013 !!!! I am looking for investors to create some beautiful snow bikes and snow bike frames.My open heart surgery took any working capital that i have.I am scraping along keeping the shop open by appointment.I have an income coming in for taking care of a developmentally delayed adult man.He is also biking with me now.He was able to get in about 2000 miles in on his perfect storm fat bike in the past 8 months. you would like to make an appointment to have a bike repair or tune.The shops website is highintensitybike.com we are almost completely out of everythinng.I had to sell off stock for medical bills and other bills.But i do have a little repair stock tha tkeeps me going.And of course i have my fat bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Intensity Bike Shop?-hibs-29er-015.jpg  

Last edited by HIBS2; 11-12-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling