mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Hey, It's my MOMMS on my Moonlander! (Modified OMM Sherpa)

My Modified Old Man Mountain Sherpa rack, that is. The Sherpa is nice in that they figured out the spacer[s] so installation is straight forward, but I didn't like how far above the tire the rack sits.

Cool thing about the OMM mounts is that the mounts can be cut down without having to modify the rack itself.

I cut them down so that I used the last round hole and the elongated slot below it to mount the bracket to the rack. The open tube ends will work with my panniers which have metal
    hooks that will hook right in.

Ignore that coroplast fender which makes it hard to see just how much more the rack hugs the tire. There's still room for the fenders without mud clogging them, though. On my XL frame the top bars are straight enough that two bolts can be used to affix them to the rack instead of the usual one bolt.

I'm ditching the coroplast fenders in the near future and may eliminate the lower mounts entirely. mounting the rack itself to the stays after fabricating suitable spacers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey, It's my MOMMS on my Moonlander! (Modified OMM Sherpa)-momm1.jpg  

Last edited by rlcanon; 06-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.