mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Help me find a fatbike frame...

So,

Kicking around a fat bike, but I'd like to be able to ride it from time to time during non fatbike season...

Would like Aluminum (well, would really like Ti, but that's pricey!).

Would like it to handle as similar to a regular MTB as possible (without going custom).

I've ridden a generation one mukluk, which would be outstanding on snow or sand as it's so stable, but in riding it on local singletrack in the summer I was banging pedals all the time.

Is the Gen 2 Mukluk better?

Or, should I look 9 zero 7 etc...

Also want to go 170mm rear, and would like to get a "lighter" fork for it, like a white brothers, or even the beargrease fork. I'm not a fan of carbon steerers which rules out the Obeast carbon fork.

Thanks.

9:zero:7
    I'm very happy with the 907 and White Bro's. I don't think you're not going to be disappointed either. Good luck!
    Only the dead fish swims with the current!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    On•One Fatty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY Squared View Post
    So,

Kicking around a fat bike, but I'd like to be able to ride it from time to time during non fatbike season...
    First of all there is no such thing as a "non fatbike season". Many people here including myself have made the fatbike their 'go to' bike. Sounds like you pretty well know what you want 907 and fatback or salsa all go choices.
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I have to agree with temporoad. I just bought a 2012 Pug and i live in Houston TX. I am about to take it out to the west TX desert for a 3 day 90+ mile ride through all sorts of plants animals and insects that are cover in thorns. The more i ride this bike the more i like it. I have a $3000 carbon Scott spark and this is WAY more fun to ride!!

mtbr member
    I highly recommend the 907. It rides really nice in all conditions. I'm sure the Fatback is nice as well from what I've heard. Don't be afraid of carbon forks. They work really well with fatties.
    The LPG