Got A Lust for Life...

Has Anyone Adapted a 135 Rear Disc Hub to Work with Front Disc Spacing?

I've been searching around and have yet to find an answer. The rear hub is spaced 5mm inward. Has anyone adapted one to make it space to use with a 135 front fork?
    I am immune to your disdain.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    It's been done, some folks are even selling 5mm spacer kits to get the rotor over.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Got A Lust for Life...
    Any idea as to who? Got a link?

Got A Lust for Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by BobShort View Post
    Hey thanks. I appreciate it greatly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Anything for Centerlock hubs/rotors?

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Fatty In Hamilton - get yourself the Shimano Centerlock adapter, and then go from there with a new six bolt rotor and spacers... a Frankenstein setup. Makes your old rotor useless, sure, but you at least get to keep the hub.

Avoid the Problem Solvers adapter. It doesn't spin true.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    My spacers from Fatbikes.com will be delivered today...Will let you know how it turns out once installed tonight...My setup is surly front disc hub and a black sheep steel front disc spaced fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    With the 5MM bolts what rotor bolts are you using? With stock rotor bolts you only get like 3 threads of engagement into the hub? It just seems like you would need longer rotor bolts - which qbp doesnt seem to offer.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    That's true... sorry, forgot that part. I'll look through my order history for some bolts I used on my setup, back in a bit.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    Well, crud. I ordered a 3mm spacer kit by Magura that had some extra long torx bolts. Seems to be out of stock now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Maybe I'm missing something as I've never tried this but why not just space the caliper over rather than the rotor. Throw a washer or two between the tabs and the adapter. Longer bolts for that portion can be picked up at any hardware store if needed.

mtbr member
    You all seem to be missing the fact that rear hubs have 10mm axles and front hubs have 9mm axles.
    I got a surly rear hub to work in a jones fatfork by turning the 10mm axle down to 9mm on the ends then using a hope disc spacer to bring the rotor further out on the hub.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by woodi2259 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something as I've never tried this but why not just space the caliper over rather than the rotor. Throw a washer or two between the tabs and the adapter. Longer bolts for that portion can be picked up at any hardware store if needed.
    That would work for IS mounted calipers, but not post mount. Can't move the caliper over that easily with post mount, unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Doc View Post
    That would work for IS mounted calipers, but not post mount. Can't move the caliper over that easily with post mount, unfortunately.
    I hear ya there. I was definitely thinking IS.

nothing relevant to say
    if you need to move the caliper over 5mm, you can use a qr20 brake adapter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by singlespeedstu View Post
    You all seem to be missing the fact that rear hubs have 10mm axles and front hubs have 9mm axles.
    I got a surly rear hub to work in a jones fatfork by turning the 10mm axle down to 9mm on the ends then using a hope disc spacer to bring the rotor further out on the hub.
    A lot of dropouts (mostly forged ones) are not made to tight enough spec that it matters. Also, the dropout can be filed out slightly instead of turning the axle down (if a lathe is not available).

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Doc View Post
    White Bros. is making an adapter that will move post mounts over. I think I heard that it will be requiring a 185 rotor to work, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenz View Post
    My spacers from Fatbikes.com will be delivered today...Will let you know how it turns out once installed tonight...My setup is surly front disc hub and a black sheep steel front disc spaced fork.
    The disc spacers from Fatbikes.com were not enough to center the rotor in the caliper. I ended up spacing the caliper adaptor as well, using a couple of washers...It is now lined up perfectly...My set up is...Surly front hub with avid rotors spaced 5mm using the fatbikes.com spacers, Black Sheep front disc spaced fork with a Magura Louise caliper on an avid front adaptor spaced in with 2 washers...Bam Done works perfectly

mtbr member
    I like have the fork break spaced for a rear. Otherwise not much point of having a Ssp wheel on the front of my Pug.
    . Later, mike
    . www.geekonabike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlespeedstu View Post
    Or as i did with my Jones Truss fork i ground the drop out which is 9mm to 10mm then used a Carver 5mm disc spacer which comes with longer disc bolts for $20. job done
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So, there is normal 135mm forks for standard rear hubs.
    And there is some forks in style "use only our brand hubs".