Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    FB&H rider

At very long last....

I actually have an invoice and Willo is starting the build for my Mr Big Stuff!!!

I guess good things come to those who wait because Growler got some new colors in their palette and I decided to go with a slightly different color scheme: Growler Performance Fat Bikes-devin-marsh-chrome-maroon-logos.png

I'm staying rigid for now as I don't typically run too much rough stuff, with some 4.6 Terrene Wazias.

39+ emails back and forth with Willo, and I can say no company is quite like his. He's found a way to ship APO (military), which no other company in the US has been willing to do. As always, the gear set is so much bang for the buck, the custom colors are fantastic:

I CAN'T WAIT!
    'Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill'

2016 Trek Farley 5 "Farley"
    2017 Growler Mr Big Stuff "Sir Fatsalot"

Did I do that?
    Nov 2015
    Doctor Doctor, give me the news, I got a bad taste of loving that bike. Absolutely sweet looking design you have there my friend. Willo is the best at this and I have my own set of 40+ emails to prove his dedication. I love that he can ship to APO and think that is so important as you and I are not the only ones out in the world and drooling over some Growler bike action. Very happy for you and can't wait to see the finished pictures. Willo has been teasing me and not showing me mine as he finishes it up, but that is only because I asked him to keep in under wraps till it was finished completely. Dang him for actually listening to me!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Doctah!
    How'd you have him set it up? Are you going fat right now or did you opt for a + set up for the summer months?

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator
    Welcome to the Growler family, sweet ride btw.

Growler Performance Fat Bikes-17457536_10155075361215502_356682777112564914_n.jpg

FB&H rider
    Quote Originally Posted by op71 View Post
    Doctor Doctor, give me the news, I got a bad taste of loving that bike. Absolutely sweet looking design you have there my friend. Willo is the best at this and I have my own set of 40+ emails to prove his dedication. I love that he can ship to APO and think that is so important as you and I are not the only ones out in the world and drooling over some Growler bike action. Very happy for you and can't wait to see the finished pictures. Willo has been teasing me and not showing me mine as he finishes it up, but that is only because I asked him to keep in under wraps till it was finished completely. Dang him for actually listening to me!!!
    Hee hee, that dastardly Willo! I'm grateful that he's making this work including a custom box and (possibly) eating any extra postage. He's da man!

Quote Originally Posted by WoEpiscopo View Post
    Doctah!
    How'd you have him set it up? Are you going fat right now or did you opt for a + set up for the summer months?
    I'm fat all the way for now, baby!
    Frankly, once I have my truck and can travel to find more flow-type trails is when I'll think more about plus.... but for now if anything all I'd do is switch out the 4.6s for 4.0 JJs or something similar.... I have a whole file of German trails I want to try eventually

Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    Welcome to the Growler family, sweet ride btw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17457536_10155075361215502_356682777112564914_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	1130487
    Thank you sir... and yours too fo sho.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Dude sweet. Get used to the fatties. They're a blast. I just put the 29er+ tires on mine and I cannot believe how fast and agile it is. With a bluto no less looking forward to seeing the German trails on the growler site

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm a newbie FTB fan.
    How many guys run their fat tires year round? versus the 29er+ conversion for warm weather.

Thanks,

Tom

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I ran fat all year last year. I borrowed a set of 29+ tires from wheels and cannot believe how much I like them. I'm going to order a set from him for mine. It's worth it in my opinion to have both sets.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Hi Everyone!

I love that this community is growing by the minute. DiRt DeViL had a great idea to start a Growler Performance Bike Owners Only Facebook page. It will be a closed group to owners only. I am hoping with this Facebook page we can share ideas, discuss future products and maybe do a couple special Growler only events/Weekend trips. I just created the page tonight so it will look rather blank. I am sure that it will explode soon enough. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/ProudToOwnAGrowler/ or search ProudToOwnAGrowler

Please continue to share here on MTBR as well. There are a lot of soon to be Growler Family that still have lots of questions about Growler and there is no better people to answer those questions then the Growler Family. The busier this company becomes the less hours in a day I feel like I have.

The Growler Family has become invaluable and Growler wouldn't be where it is today without them. Just ask anyone who has joined the family and they can attest that Growler is more than great bikes. We really are a community of great people. I want to make sure that we can keep it that way for as long as this company is kicking.

Thanks for everything the Growler community has contributed!

Wheels!
    Growler Performance Fat Bikes-growler-bikes-brews-facebook-logo.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]1130649[/ATTACH

mtbr member
    I have to say reading this thread I wish I would have stumbled upon it one-week earlier! I just ordered a new Surly but I can promise you I will be adding a Growler to my already large collection of Bikes!

I have been very impressed with the feedback and conversation in this thread. You guys seem like an amazing company to do business with! I look forward to working with you in the future and excited to see what your 2017 lineup brings.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Canonshooter!

Growler or not. Welcome to the Family! The only requirement is that you have a passion for bikes. Surly makes some great stuff.

mtbr member
    Passion is definitely not a problem here! Thanks for the welcome!

The correct link to the Growler Performance Bikes Owner Brewhouse facebook group is here, the previous link is to a "Like" page that will no longer be used.

Join the group, upload some pics and let's get the conversation started.

Just a quick note to thank Wheels, broke the hanger of my MBS on Monday night and have one pending delivery today. Messaged him while at the trail parking lot and the next day the part was being shipped overnight.

He just made fun about how I broke the part which in retrospect was pretty stupid, glad to be part of the Growler family.

Pastafarian
    So what did you do? I admitted my stupid hanger breaking mistake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TavisB View Post
    So what did you do? I admitted my stupid hanger breaking mistake lol.
    Ha ha ha, saw that coming, here's the scoop.

Son and I had planned an after work ride, had my bike on the hitch rack. Get to the parking lot, remove the bungee cords and raise the top tube holder, the bike sits there perfectly fine. Get my gear on, my son arrives, takes his bike out and we hear a bang. Looked around and noticed my bike on the grass, no biggie I thought. When we're ready to go heard something was hitting the spokes and that's when I realize that the hanger is bent. Tried to gently pull it away from the spokes and the thing just broke. I just wanted the earth to swallow me, was so angry at myself for doing something that I've never done before and will never do again.

Luckily have Wheels as a FB friend so immediately messaged him, he sent me one yesterday and was just told that is home waiting for me so life is good. Now I need to figure out how to leave work so I can get a ride tonight

Pastafarian
    I can't leave well enough alone. Threw on a 26 tooth oval chainring. Was happy that the included chain guide works with an oval.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I posted in the other thread started.. is the E'ville available?

FB&H rider
    DD, yep, an easy mistake - glad it was also easily fixed!

TavisB, cool addition - will be great in the deep stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TavisB View Post
    I can't leave well enough alone. Threw on a 26 tooth oval chainring. Was happy that the included chain guide works with an oval.
    How you like the oval? I'm on a 28t round and sometimes feel that I need more ring but not putting back the 32t.

Did I do that?
    Nov 2015
    I have a 30T coming on mine

Pastafarian
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    How you like the oval? I'm on a 28t round and sometimes feel that I need more ring but not putting back the 32t.
    I really like it. Seems about perfect now. Still goes as fast as I need it to, I just use the whole cassette now .

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I read something on page 1 about a carbon frame. Does this exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Whec716 View Post
    I read something on page 1 about a carbon frame. Does this exist?
    Wheels can talk in more detail but there's a Growler carbon prototype aka "Nitro Stout" being ridden by Amanda Batty.

Growler Performance Fat Bikes-17547096_1339832876059924_4139093571224570734_o.jpg

Don't know if any specs about it have been released or when it will be available.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    You will see the Nitro Stout debut at the Good Nature Brewing Grand Opening in 2 weeks and then again at DirtFest in a month. We should have a demo bike available at DirtFest at our bike park booth. The best part is when you get a pro rider on the bike and they love it you know you have a winning recipe.

Also congrats to Dr Phd. His bike is finished and heading to Germany. Introducing Sir Fatsalot!

Growler Performance Fat Bikes-img_4843.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growler Performance Fat Bikes-img_4844.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    The Nitro Stout Carbon will be launching in May! More details to follow.

If you follow pro rider Amanda Batty she has some pics and video of the prototype on her social media. . It is a ridiculous build that we sent her and she is loving every bit of it.

FB&H rider
    Can't wait for Sir Fatsalot to get here!
    I'll put in a couple more pics from Willo on the build, and then in a week or two the real deal.
    *grin*
    Growler Performance Fat Bikes-img_4839.jpgGrowler Performance Fat Bikes-img_4840.jpg

Thanks Wheels!

Did I do that?
    Nov 2015
    Dr. That is sooo good looking, make sure you have sunglasses on while riding. Very happy for you and interested to see how well the bike arrives to you. Let me know how you like the Terrene tires, I have 4.8 JJ's coming on mine. I love seeing all these custom one off bikes. Just need to see them dirty now.

Doctor, that ride is sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456