Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Grip Stud Group Buy

I will put together a group buy, needs to be minimum of 1000 studs. I will purchase 300.

I would ship by USPS small flat rate box cost, divided cost of stud shipping from manufacturer and PayPal fee if money is not gifted.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    For anyone leery of doing this, there is some decent demand for these sometimes. I organized a successful group buy in the past, I think there have been two buys so far? Can't remember. I have enough on hand so I'm out this one. They're expensive but they last and they are easier than other DIY studding techniques.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    Price per hundred?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Grip studs are to much money

crown point socket screws...$5 per box!
    Grip Stud Group Buy-cone-point-socket-screws.jpg

mtbr member
    Where do you get those?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Justsockets.com

mtbr member
    I would think you would gorilla glue them in ? They would likely come out easier because of the finer thread to hold them in the knobbies??
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

mtbr member
    Couldnt work the link

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Group buy price?
    And what qty is needed for bud/Lou ?

Loser
    I bought and was charged for $20 worth of those from justsockets.com a month or so ago. I never got the product and I can't get them to respond to email or phone calls. Buyer beware, it was only $20 so I'm not spending a lot of time trying to recover the cash I guess.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm interested in 100 but I think I need the $11.95 manual install tool (4000-M). It wouldn't make sense to buy the tool and pay shipping through grip studs separately.

Can the group buy include purchasing the 4000-M and paying the extra amount for it, or is installation without it easy? The power tool bit would also be OK if we needed to buy in some type of "bulk".

I assume a check is the preferred payment method.

I'm going to experiment with rock riding. It was over 80 degrees here today so there isn't any ice.
    2012 Moonlander, Bud&Lou, 780 mm bars

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by easterntide View Post
    Group buy price?
    And what qty is needed for bud/Lou ?
    They are 75 cents each, thats a 25% discount plus a bit of shipping. Yes, they are expensive but nothing will come even close to their durability and bite, they go in easy and they don't come out, rarely anyway as long as they have good depth like Bud and Lou tire lugs to thread into.

I would recommend no less than 100 per tire, 150 per would be optimal. They weigh 65 grams per 100.

Set screws will not stay in and sheet metal screws have big heads. The whole point of true tire ice studs is they are tungsten carbide pins that are significantly harder than any screw you might use. The pins are very thin allowing them to easily penetrate ice given the overall weight of you and the bike. Sheet metal screws have large heads and don't bite very well and once you hit the pavement or rocks, they wear quickly and get smooth. Grip studs have a fairly large screw body with deep sharp threads and a flat base so they hold in well and resist puncturing the inner casing of the tire unlike screws. Screws are fine for motos, different animals all together in application.

If you're interested let me know and I'll get a list going. You won't be disappointed !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by streetNslime View Post
    I'm interested in 100 but I think I need the $11.95 manual install tool (4000-M). It wouldn't make sense to buy the tool and pay shipping through grip studs separately.

Can the group buy include purchasing the 4000-M and paying the extra amount for it, or is installation without it easy? The power tool bit would also be OK if we needed to buy in some type of "bulk".

I assume a check is the preferred payment method.

I'm going to experiment with rock riding. It was over 80 degrees here today so there isn't any ice.
    Yes, the install tool should be used for best results, I agree. Let me know which one, the are two, one is a screw driver style the other has a hex that can go in a drill, not recommended or put that one in your own hand tool.

So payment, PayPal is easiest but at a cost of nearly 3% or you can gift it and there's no charge. Checks are sort of OK, you know what I mean ! Would rather not but probably will. I can take CC's but that is 3% added too.

move on up...
    Count me in for 200 #1000 studs and the #4000 install tool. Thanx Danaco

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I never got the product and I can't get them to respond to email or phone calls.********************/8F4BlHe[/img]

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Grip Stud Group Buy

Deleted
    Last edited by Way2ManyBikes; 01-17-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Marty-mj
    Dakar 650b Pro Full Squish & Trek Farley Fat Bike

mtbr member
    Count me in for 300 studs and #4000 install tool.

mtbr member
    So if I'm counting right here, looks like 900 so far.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I'm good for 150, and a #4000 tool. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    250 and the 4000tool here as well. Thanks for organizing this!

mtbr member
    OK we've got enough now for an order, I will inquire with Grip Stud on Monday and get it organized.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I have been lurking on here for a while because I liked what I have been learning. Tonight I saw about the group buy and registered so I could say I would like to get either 125 or 100 studs along with the hand tool. I can pay with paypal if that is easiest for you. I was not sure what you meant by gifting? If it meant calling the payment a gift then that would be OK with me. If you already have your number Owell. And thanks for taking the effort to put it together.
    Ted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakers View Post
    I have been lurking on here for a while because I liked what I have been learning. Tonight I saw about the group buy and registered so I could say I would like to get either 125 or 100 studs along with the hand tool. I can pay with paypal if that is easiest for you. I was not sure what you meant by gifting? If it meant calling the payment a gift then that would be OK with me. If you already have your number Owell. And thanks for taking the effort to put it together.
    Ted
    Ted

I need to keep the order to denominations of 100, I've got two here that want a quantity that ends in 50, that makes 100 so that's OK.

PayPal charges the seller 2.9% unless that money is stated as a gift. That means I am not charged the fee if "gifted"

So I'll take all orders as long as the total number come out to a number that can be divided by 100. I won't order until next week sometime. Need to get everyone sorted out and confirm the order with Grip Stud.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    200 studs plus #4000 install tool for me. Will PP as gift when ready

Thanks for setting this up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by x3speed View Post
    Where do you get those?
    Try this company the have everything McMaster-Carr They are available in stainless steel.
    BBB (big beautiful bike)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast