Thread: Greetings

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Greetings

Hello all. I am a long time lurker of this website and a fat-biker as of September 2012. I own a 15" Moonlander and keep it pretty standard. I am rocking a few 'upgrades' though, as you can see from the pictures. Blue Surly rim tape, blue Peaty Lizard Skins lock on grips, blue Jagwire cable housing, anodized blue disc brake rotor bolts (I forget who I got them from), blue Growler Cage, and a PDW rear Mud Shovel (already broken).

I love this thing. Since I was 'financially relocated' in 2010, I no longer have access to good trails, such as in the Chicago area where I moved from (specifically, Naperville), therefore speed is not a huge concern of mine. I am still rocking the original BFLs (front & rear), and my Moonlander has become my daily rider. Occasionally in the summer, I'll hop on my Nirve, but for the most part it's all Surly.

When I finish school in a year or so, I am undertaking my most epic life adventure. I want to do Portland (ME) to Portland (OR) on my fat bike. I know it will be slow and cumbersome, but I am stubborn and my mind has been made up. I am working on piecing together a rack and pannier system already.

There are some cool bikes in here, and am glad to see such a fat-minded community. Keep the pictures coming!

Yes, I keep my bikes inside. Don't you?

Yes, that's exactly what you think it is.

This too.

This is an older photo, from when I put these on.

One of my work shirts.

I have a few snow photos from last year and this year, but I think that's enough for now. I don't want to bore you.
    2012 Surly Moonlander

See my profile for more of my listed bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Oops. I swear I took a photo with an empty growler, for reference. Photobucket must have ate it. Anyway, here it is in use, from a summer photo.

2012 Surly Moonlander

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Nice. I keep my favorite bikes inside, too. My Pugs build is happening in my kitchen. There's nothin' like cookin' with Fat!

I'm still waitin' for the LBS to call and let me know that the ingredients necessary for me to finish cookin' are in.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I also have plans to repaint it, but I don't see that happening before my trip.
    2012 Surly Moonlander

mtbr member

Greetings

Nice build. Love the blue accents. I am building a 907 and was going to do the same accents but after I kept ordering stuff I just went black and white. I'm also building it in my dining room lol. Just got divorced so it's bachelor pad status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubz View Post
    Nice build. Love the blue accents. I am building a 907 and was going to do the same accents but after I kept ordering stuff I just went black and white. I'm also building it in my dining room lol. Just got divorced so it's bachelor pad status.
    Nice. Sorry to hear that...?
    2012 Surly Moonlander