Loser

Great ride today

Ok, only an inch or two of snow so I'm certain I would have been fine on the Niner, but great ride on the Fatty. Keeping weight on the seat was the key to traction (duh). I had no problem climbing any hill if I was seated. I just put a Specialized dropper on the bike, that's a great addition for my kind of riding.

Three pics:

Snowy skinnies with a fatty, all this takes is nerve, I know there is limited traction on the log, but if you're rolling along you don't need much to stay on it.

I love catching air with the fatty and landing just right, when you do, it feels like butter, of course when you DON'T it hurts.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    I, too, had a great ride, but yesterday instead of today. Up in Alaska we are getting a strange warm spell, so the trails and snow have almost all melted away at the lower elevations. My plan was to ride some river bottoms as my normal trails are a mess. The river bottoms were also in a mess, so I ended up doing a dry pavement ride on the Pugs rolling Nates. 32 miles worth of dry pavement riding. With Nates. It was a blast! Got to see some great areas I've not seen before and just love the day. After the first 45 minutes I no longer felt the chatter of the nobbies rolling on pavement. Good times. Should have gotten some pictures, but was too busy enjoying the ride and the weather. 50F in January in Alaska is passing strange.

Thanks for the post.

Loser
    We're having a very cold winter - a week of highs in the low teens just broke today - we hit 30 this afternoon - it looks like another cold snap is on the way - I can't see any temps above 20 in the coming week - that's probably as strange for us as 50F is for you guys.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog