Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 500 of 2241
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    Here is his Moto;



    After riding this, I was sold on the whole "fat is fun" thing!
    Before that I had talked THREE customers OUT of going full-fat. (sorry guys).

    JM

  2. #402
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    Second shot looks pink?
    He must have sent me the first one as I do not recognize the background?

    JM

  3. #403
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Overhauled my drive train last night. The stock one was getting pretty bad.
    Broke another cog on the stock cassette while riding on the beach, time to put the new (warranty) one on. new chainrings
    new chain and cassette
    Still need some Rotors, but wheelset number 2 is ready for snow.
    out with the old
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  4. #404
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    On some of my high-end wheels, I run a carbon spoke protector.

    It prevents the chain from jumping off and ruining my spokes, and my day.

    Wrecked the rear wheel (including the hub) on the first gen. Mavic Cross-Max's.
    When they had regular spokes. (long walk with the rear wheel stuck/tangled)

    That's how you do it.
    Actually WEAR OUT the stuff before just up-grading and re-placing!

    JM

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Can anyone tell me if the front wheel's hub has rear or front disc spacing?

  6. #406
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by rycolos View Post
    Thanks for the measurements, guys.

    One more question: I'm a bit confused about this rear disc hub/front disc hub stuff on surly forks. If I get a surly fork that is meant for a rear disc hub, will this pose a problem with the Gravity front wheel?
    The front hub on the monster has front disk spacing, so yes that will cause an issue. You can mod the caliper adapter, but unless you have acess to a mill I would just get a front spaced fork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Oof. Methinks I should've just avoided the deal and got a stock one of these. All the cheap forks use rear spacing.

  8. #408
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by rycolos View Post
    Oof. Methinks I should've just avoided the deal and got a stock one of these. All the cheap forks use rear spacing.
    You can do this: Using Rear spaced front hubs on a fork made for front spaced hubs...IS adapter ?
    It's really just modding a brake adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic View Post
    I would bet the 4.5's will fit this frame.
    There is 1/2" on either side at the rear.
    A little less at the front.
    With the 170 rear hub, you might have to ditch the granny?

    JM
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to order one but would really like to know if a wider tire fits on the Bullseye, any second opinions on the widest tire that would fit the frame and bluto?e

  10. #410
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to order one but would really like to know if a wider tire fits on the Bullseye, any second opinions on the widest tire that would fit the frame and bluto?e
    If you're really just going for width, you should try to spring for a lurch or sturgis. They will take the biggest tires for not that much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Total newbie here who just got his bike yesterday !!!! Had a local shop finish the build ( I know, I know....it is my goal to become bike handy) anyway....on my first 500 yards pedaling I changed gears and the chain/derailer is now making a terrible sound as the chain is rubbing the derailer frame....wish I could send a vid.....hoping for advice on a quick fix so I can go for a NYE ride....the shop is closed until Monday. Thanks all

  12. #412
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    If you're really just going for width, you should try to spring for a lurch or sturgis. They will take the biggest tires for not that much more.
    Thanks and I would buy the Strurgis but it won't arrive until possibly early march which leaves us with not much snow left. The Bullseye would come in a week which is a huge to me

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to order one but would really like to know if a wider tire fits on the Bullseye, any second opinions on the widest tire that would fit the frame and bluto?e
    For the Monster Pro: You could fit a bigger tire on the front. Not any bigger on the rear without running into issues with the chain.

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kretz View Post
    Total newbie here who just got his bike yesterday !!!! Had a local shop finish the build ( I know, I know....it is my goal to become bike handy) anyway....on my first 500 yards pedaling I changed gears and the chain/derailer is now making a terrible sound as the chain is rubbing the derailer frame....wish I could send a vid.....hoping for advice on a quick fix so I can go for a NYE ride....the shop is closed until Monday. Thanks all


    Most likely not rubbing on the cage as that would mean that it is bent or chain routed wrong, the shop would have (should have)caught that. More likely rubbing on the next ring on the cassette. Should be as easy as adjusting the tension knob on the shifter. Just need your thumbs! if its on either limit you might need to adjust the limit screws with a phillips screwdriver. Youtube is FULL of helpful videos for adjusting this specific derailleur.

    If it is rubbing on the cage you may need to bend it out, another thing to check is that the x4 has a tab on the frony of the cage that keeps the chain in. I've seen people mistakenly run the chain outside that tab without noticing.

  15. #415
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Oh, and congrats on the new ride! hope it gets sorted out.... worst case bring it back to the shop on monday they should fix it free if you paid for the setup, unless its defective and you need a part.

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the advice ! I will try that as soon as I get home.

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kretz View Post
    Thanks for the advice ! I will try that as soon as I get home.
    I made the mistake of assuming its the rear... if its front it is even easier the cage is wide and easy to adjust. Same process with limit screws then its all about tension. Make sure the cable is hand tight, then crank the tensioner on the shifter until it shifts right/doesnt rub.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    The Shimano HG31 cassette eliminated my slipping/skipping issues. I rode in some sand yesterday, and had some decent climbs today that tested it well. The trail we rode today was hillier than many other Long Island trails, with some sand, exposed roots, and some loose rocks adding to the fun. The Monster handles it all surprisingly well (I did notice the lack of front suspension in one or two spots, so my next fat bike will have a Bluto). The down side was when we got on the road to go to another trail. That's when the bike feels like I'm pedaling an 18-wheeler.

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150101_094351_resized.jpg
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Marna_Kazmaier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kretz View Post
    Total newbie here who just got his bike yesterday !!!! Had a local shop finish the build ( I know, I know....it is my goal to become bike handy) anyway....on my first 500 yards pedaling I changed gears and the chain/derailer is now making a terrible sound as the chain is rubbing the derailer frame....wish I could send a vid.....hoping for advice on a quick fix so I can go for a NYE ride....the shop is closed until Monday. Thanks all
    CONTACT BD! I had a cassette problem with my bike, right out of the box. They not only took care of the part, they paid the LBS that fixed it!

  20. #420
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    New drive train is holding up well, except that I got some of the worst chain suck ever one of the first times I upshifted in the front. I think it was due to the fact that I'm using mismatched sprockets. I'm hoping it's just a one time thing, but I've still been careful when shifting.

    I also met my first Farley today. beautiful bikes, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    Double-stick or bolt something to that E-type FD.

    Like the X-guys using the "Third-eye" chain keeper.
    There are a few models that will completely eliminate "chain-suck", (if installed correctly)

    We were taking off the granny gears in the mid 90's. MI doesn't have that big of hills.

    Now 1x10 or 2x10 is "all the rage"???
    I will leave the drivetrain "as-is" unless it gives me trouble.
    The front might need a little adj. but the rear der. was adjusted fine and shifts very well.

    JM

  22. #422
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic View Post
    Double-stick or bolt something to that E-type FD.

    Like the X-guys using the "Third-eye" chain keeper.
    There are a few models that will completely eliminate "chain-suck", (if installed correctly)

    We were taking off the granny gears in the mid 90's. MI doesn't have that big of hills.

    Now 1x10 or 2x10 is "all the rage"???
    I will leave the drivetrain "as-is" unless it gives me trouble.
    The front might need a little adj. but the rear der. was adjusted fine and shifts very well.

    JM
    Yeah, the chain suck is a personal problem, not related to the stock bike in any way. It only happened once so far, if it happens again I will run a matching set of sprockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Thanks to JackNicholls6 - your recommendation was all it was. Very happy it wasn't anything I had to go to the shop for. My goal is too teach myself to be 'bike handy'. Had a great ride yesterday on both pavement and trail, GBM is a blast, we are getting 2-4 inches tomorrow so I am excited to try this on a little snow.

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kretz View Post
    Thanks to JackNicholls6 - your recommendation was all it was. Very happy it wasn't anything I had to go to the shop for. My goal is too teach myself to be 'bike handy'. Had a great ride yesterday on both pavement and trail, GBM is a blast, we are getting 2-4 inches tomorrow so I am excited to try this on a little snow.
    Great news! Glad it was an easy fix.

  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9
    Dirtdawg I had issues with chain suck with the stock chain rings. Try flipping the granny around the other way. Also is your big ring facing the right way? It's hard to tell in the picture. I also run mismatched rings now without any issues. And I added a 42t.

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10
    I just pulled the trigger on this bike, I called my brother to talk me off the ledge of punching the buy button, but it didn't work...............

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    You're gonna love it, Zeph. If you've read this whole thread, you already know what to expect. I've had mine about a month, and the more I ride it, the more I love it.
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  28. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Drove down to ND yesterday (blizzard all the way from Winnipeg to ND) assembled the bike when I got home and tried it out in the fresh powder. No surprise the missions aren't great in the soft stuff. Been looking at snow tires, but other than the surly nates all other tires (45nrth, vee snowshoes) require a minimum rim width of 62-80mm. There was some posts on here of trying different rim widths and tires.
    So my question is, does anyone know if a 4" 45nrth dillinger or vee snowshoe 4.5" would work on the bullseye monster?

  29. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    198
    The frame I got, (Gravity Bullseye Monster???)
    Came with the 650B+ tires.
    I ordered the 26x4 w/"free" Missions for $200.00, 135/170 spacing and free shipping.
    Could not find weights on more expensive wheelsets.
    The tires don't seem great in the snow but I've only ridden 3 times.

    There is 1/2" (clear) on both side of the rear stays. Less in the front fork.
    Not sure on all the wheel width/tire width combos or how they affect OA widths?

    I am sure I could order some 4.5's if that is the total width on 26x80mm rims.
    Would double check front fork?


    JM

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Gravity Bullseye Monster-image.jpgGravity Bullseye Monster-image.jpghonestly the most fun I've ever had on a bike! Dropped the tires to 7 psi. Handled fine!

  31. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Repackaged the hubs with extreme low temp grease, they spin way better now.-40 here today with the windchill! Rode to the creek down the road from me to test it in the snow, 5 psi and it goes pretty decent in the soft stuff. Im very impressed with this bike for the price...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150104_161214.jpg  

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150104_160605.jpg  


  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Awesome! That's freezing! What cold gear do you wear for -40?

  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Long johns, cycling tights, snowboard pants, 2 pairs snowboard socks, under armour compression layer long sleeve and a snowboard jacket. Had a belaclava and neck wormer with snowboard goggles, snowmobile mitts and -45 hunting rubber boots. Haha. Thats all. Supposed to be a deep freeze for awhile Glad I got a fat bike it gets me outside. Or else I would be playing video games. I hate this weather.

  34. #434
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    So my question is, does anyone know if a 4" 45nrth dillinger or vee snowshoe 4.5" would work on the bullseye monster?
    they will both work fine. ive put some serious miles on some of the older 4.5" snowshoes (in reality, closer to a 4.0) and they are awesome. as long as the tire is narrow enough to fit in between the stays youre good to go. the rim width changes the profile a bit (tire sits narrower and taller) but everything still handles fine. i would (and do) ignore the manufacturer's rim recommendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Thanks again for the advice Dirtdawg!

  36. #436
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    Thanks again for the advice Dirtdawg!
    Not a problem, i'm glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  37. #437
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    My On One Floaters have shipped from Portland. When they get here, I'm putting them on the Monster and putting the old Missions on my wife's Dolomite. Both are getting Qtubes Superlights. Should improve both bikes.
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  38. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Marna_Kazmaier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbird99 View Post
    My On One Floaters have shipped from Portland. When they get here, I'm putting them on the Monster and putting the old Missions on my wife's Dolomite. Both are getting Qtubes Superlights. Should improve both bikes.
    The On One's....do they weigh a lot less than the factory Gravity.....actually? <smiles> What part is the Floater?

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Marna_Kazmaier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on this bike, I called my brother to talk me off the ledge of punching the buy button, but it didn't work...............
    Wait til it arrives, and you ride it for the first time.....YOU WILL BE THRILLED! WE (my husband too) LOVE Mine!Name:  DeronInPogies 2014-11-22.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  62.8 KB

  40. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    They are wicked bikes for the price. Im not dissapointed. I just put a pair of surly nates on last night. But I live in a harsh part of Canada where we get alot of snow and icy conditions.

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Marna_Kazmaier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    115
    You Know? You all need to stop saying "for the price" about this bicycle. It IS a nice bike! Just that. A great deal, and a great bike. <smiles>

    Has anyone ridden on Ice. Or snow covered Ice? How did that go for you?

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    All depends on you're ability as a rider. Lower psi helps. Im a light rider so im running 5 psi (could probably go a bit lower). I ride ice, snow and whatever else is out there. Studded tires would definitely help. If you have the time you can do it yourself.Or pay big bucks for a set.
    It is a nice bike. Like I said I already got a set of more aggressive tires. The stock ones are ok. All depends where you live and ride I guess.

  43. #443
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    They are wicked bikes for the price. Im not dissapointed. I just put a pair of surly nates on last night. But I live in a harsh part of Canada where we get alot of snow and icy conditions.
    when you get a chance you should post up some pix with the nates. I wanted a set, but got talked into going with the green floaters instead. I don't regret it, but the nates are very good tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  44. #444
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Was trying to last night but it kept saying upload failed. Got em for $80 on kijiji. Someone took them off a new bike and upgraded. Also have a snowshoe coming next week. I will try to post again tonight. Just went for a good 3 mile through the forest. Very impressed with the traction.
    I like how this is turning into a gravity bullseye bike club all over the world!

  45. #445
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Marna_Kazmaier View Post
    The On One's....do they weigh a lot less than the factory Gravity.....actually? <smiles> What part is the Floater?
    they are the tires. the green ones i have are floaters. they are not as light as the stock missions, but other than that they are superior in every way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  46. #446
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Just got mine in from Bike Island. Now I only have to wait for the new headset to be installed and the new crankset to arrive before I can take it out!

  47. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Marna_Kazmaier View Post
    The On One's....do they weigh a lot less than the factory Gravity.....actually? <smiles> What part is the Floater?
    I don't necessarily expect the Floaters to save me weight, but I've read that they are much better tires than the Vee Missions (I think at least two people here have mentioned that). My wife doesn't use her fatbike for trails and climbing -- she uses hers mostly as a cruiser, whereas mine has become my go-to bike -- so I figure I'll put the better tires on my bike (with lighter tubes), and upgrade her tires and include lighter tubes. Everyone wins. :-)

    </smiles>
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  48. #448
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Marna_Kazmaier View Post
    You Know? You all need to stop saying "for the price" about this bicycle. It IS a nice bike! Just that. A great deal, and a great bike. <smiles>
    Agreed. I love mine.
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  49. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    The nates. ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150107_131951.jpg  

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150106_193626.jpg  

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150106_193649.jpg  


  50. #450
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    The nates. ..
    That looks sweet! I like that Thompson too, what is the diameter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  51. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    I believe its 27.4 same as my kona and specialized. I have alot of spare parts laying around.

  52. #452
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Sorry its 27.2 duh. I should remember it by now...

  53. #453
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Went out for a ride tonight...


    Brr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  54. #454
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    I like the tires dude. What state do you live in?

  55. #455
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    New Hampshire. How about yourself? Wind chill to - 40° is no joke.
    As for the tires, I really like them. I was hesitant at first, but now I'm glad I got them.
    They do great in the snow. I may throw the stock missions and rims on to compare and remind myself what it's like (it's been a while, and never in snow).
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  56. #456
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Oh cool. Is that close to the Appalachians? Saw the picture of the river you posted. Reminded me of a place on Vancouver Island. So beautiful.
    I live in Manitoba the south eastern part of the province, close to the Canadian shield and very close to North Dakota. Its exactly 12 hours to Deadwood South Dakota, I've timed it!
    It was -36 today!

  57. #457
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10
    Dumb question time. Are the stock tire (Missions) tubeless? My bike gets here Friday, one more long miserable day of waiting................

  58. #458
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    83

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    The nates. ..
    Did your fork come with anything cage mounts, or did you install them yourself?

  59. #459
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5
    Hey Zeph,

    Just got mine, it came with Tubeless ready Missions on it, and I have bottle mounts on my fork.

  60. #460
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    Hello Fellow Fatty Ridesr !!

    Just wanted to say Hello, just got my Green Monster, finally got it out for a sort ride, WOW, This is what i call FUN !!!!!. Getting a lot of great info from here and helped me get through the waiting for the bike to come !! Will post up some pics soon!!!!

    Ride On !!!

  61. #461
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    To anyone with the Bullseye Monster,

    If you had a $600-$700 budget, would you still buy this bike? If not, what would your bike choice be in that range.

  62. #462
    mtbr member
    Reputation: x3speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    402
    Mongoose Vinson
    2014 Singular Gryphon
    2013 C-Dale F29 Alloy 2, CAAD10 105
    2005 Jamis Dakar XC Expert
    2014 Framed Minn. 3.0 Bluto

  63. #463
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Those are fender/rack mounts on the fork. I would still buy the bike, I did have a bit more to spend. But I used some of the money I saved to buy new tires, wider bars and better pedals.
    the motobecane boris x5 looked decent. You get wider rims. But I wouldent pay more for any sram drivetrain. Im a shimano guy 100 percent if I have to replace a drivetrain. I have a deore one im swapping over soon. Sram = Taiwan Shimano deore and up = japan. Some ppl don't care about this.
    Just get the monster and use the money you save to buy a few parts. By the time I got my bike to Canada it cost me $800. You guys are lucky

  64. #464
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Charles View Post
    To anyone with the Bullseye Monster,

    If you had a $600-$700 budget, would you still buy this bike? If not, what would your bike choice be in that range.


    I love my Bullseye but honestly... 700 is another 40% more money. So no, If i had 700 up front I would not buy the bullseye. By the time I'm done I may have 700 into it but that is spread out over time. And Yes Im still happy. but for 700, that pushes you into real bike territory. at 700 I would buy the framed Minnesota 1.0 no question.

  65. #465
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Charles View Post
    To anyone with the Bullseye Monster,

    If you had a $600-$700 budget, would you still buy this bike? If not, what would your bike choice be in that range.
    I would 100%, but I use this bike for everything.
    I read in your thread that you just want it for snow, and that the 50mm rims are a drawback rather than a benifit for you. I don't know much about the mongoose, but at a glance it looks like a very comperable bike. (Only thing I would look out for is weight, anybody know if there's a meaningful difference between the two?) For snow You will want to replace the tires on either bike, but the 100mm rims on the goose will give a lot of volume and be a benifit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  66. #466
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Dumb question time. Are the stock tire (Missions) tubeless? My bike gets here Friday, one more long miserable day of waiting................
    As previously stated, The vees are 'tubeless ready', but they are not set up tubeless. I haven't bothered, and probably won't in the future. I like the Ease of changing tires and don't have problems with pinch flats (on the fat bike )

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  67. #467
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Thanks for the reply brother. I think I may go find a vinson at the store and look at it before making a final decision.

    I also may just bite the bullet and add 200 to my budget and just getting a MN 1.0. I keep reading on here how great they are for the price. Love to hear your thoughts on that bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    As previously stated, The vees are 'tubeless ready', but they are not set up tubeless. I haven't bothered, and probably won't in the future. I like the Ease of changing tires and don't have problems with pinch flats (on the fat bike )

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

  68. #468
    mtbr member
    Reputation: x3speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    402
    Minnesotas are great too. I have a 3.0. Love it
    2014 Singular Gryphon
    2013 C-Dale F29 Alloy 2, CAAD10 105
    2005 Jamis Dakar XC Expert
    2014 Framed Minn. 3.0 Bluto

  69. #469
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Charles View Post
    Thanks for the reply brother. I think I may go find a vinson at the store and look at it before making a final decision.

    I also may just bite the bullet and add 200 to my budget and just getting a MN 1.0. I keep reading on here how great they are for the price. Love to hear your thoughts on that bike.
    I sold my Minneosta 2.0 last year and bought a Monster Pro this year. I like the Monster way better - although Bluto fork makes it an unfair comparison.

    I was not a fan of the short top tube and the gearing was way too tall on the Minnesota 2.0. Both could be remedied with part changes though. I think the 1.0 has different geometry which I preferred but is only a 1(33T)x9 which was deal breaker for me. I've got way to many steep hills to climb.

    The gearing is completely dependent on what you'll be riding, just keep it in mind or you'll have to budget for a new crank.

  70. #470
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Oh. That's a good point about the gears. I will also be climbing hills.. So how do you like the monster pro?


    lol, after you've made that point, I'm now leaning back towards the monster (and just putting 80mm on it). Does having 4.5 tires make a huge / noticeable difference anyway? Or try to find a Mongoose Vinson on sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by LosPollos View Post
    I sold my Minneosta 2.0 last year and bought a Monster Pro this year. I like the Monster way better - although Bluto fork makes it an unfair comparison.

    I was not a fan of the short top tube and the gearing was way too tall on the Minnesota 2.0. Both could be remedied with part changes though. I think the 1.0 has different geometry which I preferred but is only a 1(33T)x9 which was deal breaker for me. I've got way to many steep hills to climb.

    The gearing is completely dependent on what you'll be riding, just keep it in mind or you'll have to budget for a new crank.

  71. #471
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    I love 1x setups. the 33front 34 rear combo is pretty easy. If you need an easier gear its simple to switch in a RaceFace narrow wide up front with 30T up front $30 bucks on amazon.

    The monster pro is a COMPLETELY different bike, the only thing it shares in the name. The frame and geo are way different. just look at the pictures, curved downtube. If you had a G to spend I'd reccomend it.

    I'm not saying dont get the monster. I love it! you probably would too! Im just saying that for what you want there seems to be better fitting bikes.

  72. #472
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Here is what I'm currently working with lol. So, realistically any thing we have discussed so far will out perform this guy.

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-image.jpg

    But, if you guys think the monster with 80mm is sufficent for hunting/scouting, then I may go ahead and order it! Gonna give it another day or two of pondering. If I can't find a better affordable solution by then, then the gravity monster it is!


    Quote Originally Posted by JackNicholls62 View Post
    I love 1x setups. the 33front 34 rear combo is pretty easy. If you need an easier gear its simple to switch in a RaceFace narrow wide up front with 30T up front $30 bucks on amazon.

    The monster pro is a COMPLETELY different bike, the only thing it shares in the name. The frame and geo are way different. just look at the pictures, curved downtube. If you had a G to spend I'd reccomend it.

    I'm not saying dont get the monster. I love it! you probably would too! Im just saying that for what you want there seems to be better fitting bikes.

  73. #473
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    You will definitely see an improvement! I think 4" tires on 80mm wheels would be enough... And you'll have two sets at that point... At the 700 mark if you order the wheels from BD.

  74. #474
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    I was just out riding in another fresh snow fall, following a deer trail through the forest. I have 50mm rims with 4" surly nates. The 50mm rims really rounds the tire making it a bit squirmy and it realky had trouble going through 4" pockets of snow. And im only 140LBS with all my winter gear on. knowing that now I would get something with 80-100mm rims. That would give you a nice big stable footprint. Especially if your following animal trails and in an area that gets sufficient snow falls.
    just something to consider.

  75. #475
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Yessir! I know 80mm rims work on this bike. But, I thought 100mm didn't. Anyone have 100mm on theirs that can attest to whether it works or not? If 100mm fits, then I'm sold on it and will order it today 💪👍🍻

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    I was just out riding in another fresh snow fall, following a deer trail through the forest. I have 50mm rims with 4" surly nates. The 50mm rims really rounds the tire making it a bit squirmy and it realky had trouble going through 4" pockets of snow. And im only 140LBS with all my winter gear on. knowing that now I would get something with 80-100mm rims. That would give you a nice big stable footprint. Especially if your following animal trails and in an area that gets sufficient snow falls.
    just something to consider.

  76. #476
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    I believe there was a post near the beginning of a guy that tried 100mm rims. He said they don't fit. Would suck to order it all and find out it doesn't clear.

  77. #477
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Berm, I did read that as well but then another person said 100mm fit.

    Was hoping someone who has tried it would chime in and give a "yay" or "nay"

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    I believe there was a post near the beginning of a guy that tried 100mm rims. He said they don't fit. Would suck to order it all and find out it doesn't clear.

  78. #478
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,457

    Re: Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    I was just out riding in another fresh snow fall, following a deer trail through the forest. I have 50mm rims with 4" surly nates. The 50mm rims really rounds the tire making it a bit squirmy and it realky had trouble going through 4" pockets of snow. And im only 140LBS with all my winter gear on. knowing that now I would get something with 80-100mm rims. That would give you a nice big stable footprint. Especially if your following animal trails and in an area that gets sufficient snow falls.
    just something to consider.
    I would be a snow rider and this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this bike yet. By the time you equip it with decent tires for snow and 80mm rims you now have a ~$1000 wrapped up into this bike. I can pick up a Minnesota 2.0 for less than that that already has 80mm rims and decent snow tires on it.

    The only downside I see on the Minnesota 2.0 is the taller gearing. But that can be remedied by spending $25 on 22T chainring.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  79. #479
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Its true, some extra $ will need to be put into rims/tires. But, I'll only be at around $700 if I buy the BD 80mm set ($199 sale).

    So, ladies and gentleman, thanks for all your help. I have decided in the the Gravity Bullseye Monster! I'll be ordering tonight!

    For the price and great feedback from this thread, I see no reason to not at least try it. If I don't like it or want to upgrade, I can always sell or trade it later on.


    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    I would be a snow rider and this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this bike yet. By the time you equip it with decent tires for snow and 80mm rims you now have a ~$1000 wrapped up into this bike. I can pick up a Minnesota 2.0 for less than that that already has 80mm rims and decent snow tires on it.

    The only downside I see on the Minnesota 2.0 is the taller gearing. But that can be remedied by spending $25 on 22T chainring.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  80. #480
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    U said it. But remember a $1000 bike in America is alot more in Canada. I refuse to pay anymore than I did for a bike with bike tires. Fat bikes are still a fad. I've just built a top of the line bike, full xt drive train, xt brakes, hope and blackspire parts, sid fork, pretty much every bad ass part out there and its got full suspension (29er)for under 2000 canadian. Chain reaction is boss.
    Expensive fat bikes are a rip off compared to something that's actually loaded with technology. I wont be riding mine in the summer. I fly by guys on fat bikes on the trails.

  81. #481
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Charles View Post
    Its true, some extra $ will need to be put into rims/tires. But, I'll only be at around $700 if I buy the BD 80mm set ($199 sale).
    Yeah, but those still come with crappy tires. For me another $200-$250 would have to be spent for tires that are good in the snow and I would be up to a ~$1000 for the Gravity Monster Pro.

  82. #482
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    U said it. But remember a $1000 bike in America is alot more in Canada. I refuse to pay anymore than I did for a bike with bike tires. Fat bikes are still a fad. I've just built a top of the line bike, full xt drive train, xt brakes, hope and blackspire parts, sid fork, pretty much every bad ass part out there and its got full suspension (29er)for under 2000 canadian. Chain reaction is boss.
    Expensive fat bikes are a rip off compared to something that's actually loaded with technology. I wont be riding mine in the summer. I fly by guys on fat bikes on the trails.
    That's the problem right now. Supply and demand Big demand and low supply of fat bikes are keeping the prices high. I expect fat bikes will come down in price over the next 2-5 years.

  83. #483
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Me too. And that's when I 'll shell out some real coin. I like some of the american made frames. Thats what I 'll buy. Support our economy. Even some of the $3000 bikes I looked at were china frames. Thats why I got a monster.

  84. #484
    blood in / blood out
    Reputation: majack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    Fat bikes are still a fad.
    Wow, I thought this type of thinking was long gone. Fat bikes ARE NOT A FAD. They are hear to stay and only growing. That is why the fat bike market is the fastest growing cycling segment for the past 2 years.
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

  85. #485
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bermboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    21
    Im sorry to have offended you. I will use more appropriate wording next time.

  86. #486
    blood in / blood out
    Reputation: majack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by bermboy View Post
    Im sorry to have offended you. I will use more appropriate wording next time.
    No offense taken
    RICOH for LIFE
    Pain is Weakness

  87. #487
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7

    14" or 16"?

    I'm 5'6 but have short legs and a long torso. 14" or 16"?

    Looking at their size chart, I'm thinking 14". But that sounds really small.

  88. #488
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Bunkster View Post
    I'm 5'6 but have short legs and a long torso. 14" or 16"?

    Looking at their size chart, I'm thinking 14". But that sounds really small.
    Im the same size with similar proportions and I think a 16 would be a good fit. (got an 18 myself, and I think a bit smaller would have been a better choice) I have ridden 14s before (not this specific bike though) and they are fun to tool around on, but a bit cramped on longer rides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  89. #489
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5

    First snow ride

    Took the Bullseye out today for its first snow ride. Just a 3 inch fluffy dusting. It was a blast, traction held great on the stock missions. Can't wait to make a few changes to drop a little weight on the bike. Gravity Bullseye Monster-bike.jpg

  90. #490
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    I just ordered my black 18" monster!! I'm very excited. Wanted to say thanks to everyone who participates in this thread! You really helped me with my choice to go with this bike.

    Anyone know of any good deals on 80mm rims?

  91. #491
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JackNicholls62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    66
    congrats Andrew! best deal I've seen is the one on bikes direct 199.99 free shipping, includes tires! great deal. havent been able to pull the trigger yet myself but many have.

  92. #492
    mtbr member
    Reputation: akacoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    677
    100mm rims by themselves fit, but with tires they make the tires too big at the sidewalls so they dont clear the frame. there is plenty of room in the stock fork to fit bigger rim plus with 4"+ size tires. although i doubt itd clear 4.8 or 5" tires .

    since a lot of people are talking about updating the wheels. when i bought mine, right the way i removed all of the parts. so they are new take off condition. sold the brakes with rotor levers for 85. sold the wheelset with tires for 250, i still have the entire drivetrain bars. and such to sell. all the money can be used toward to upgrade parts
    16 Trek Farley 5 W/2XL snowshoe
    07 Kona Stab
    14 Specialized Fatboy
    04 Giant Simple
    04 SC V10

    My Parts for sale link

  93. #493
    Hooligan
    Reputation: dirtdawg21892's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    937

    Gravity Bullseye Monster

    Quote Originally Posted by akacoke View Post
    100mm rims by themselves fit, but with tires they make the tires too big at the sidewalls so they dont clear the frame. there is plenty of room in the stock fork to fit bigger rim plus with 4"+ size tires. although i doubt itd clear 4.8 or 5" tires .

    since a lot of people are talking about updating the wheels. when i bought mine, right the way i removed all of the parts. so they are new take off condition. sold the brakes with rotor levers for 85. sold the wheelset with tires for 250, i still have the entire drivetrain bars. and such to sell. all the money can be used toward to upgrade parts
    Really good info coke, thanks!
    What did you end up replacing it with? You should put up some pix of the finished bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

  94. #494
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbird99 View Post
    My On One Floaters have shipped from Portland. When they get here, I'm putting them on the Monster and putting the old Missions on my wife's Dolomite. Both are getting Qtubes Superlights. Should improve both bikes.
    I just swapped out the Vee8's to Floaters. OMG the difference in the snow is phenomenal!! The price for this much tire performance for is hard to beat.

  95. #495
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11
    Got this bad boy built up but, of course, two problems

    1) In trying to put on my BB7 rotors, three of the T25 bolts were VERY stuck and I mean VERY stuck. I tried heating them, nothing. I even tried grind in slots in the heads and using a flathead. Nothing. This last one always works as a last resort. Finally, I had to take a grinder and drill bit to the heads. I ended up getting the rotor off and the bolts out but got a bit frustrated and over eager with the drill and went through to the hub, enlarging the top of one of the holes. I got the screw threaded properly with loctite for the new rotor so methinks it's not a HUGE issue, but still... Those should not have been that tight! I emailed BD about it and they said they'd said me a new rotor. I guess that's nice of them? I guess gouging the hub was my own fault so I don't know what more I want really.

    2) I'll try and get a pic up later, but my front wheel isn't centered in the fork. The fork is a Fatback steel. The brake rotor seems to line up fine so I'm thinking this isn't really an issue. Is anyone else's front wheel not centered?

  96. #496
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    Im the same size with similar proportions and I think a 16 would be a good fit. (got an 18 myself, and I think a bit smaller would have been a better choice) I have ridden 14s before (not this specific bike though) and they are fun to tool around on, but a bit cramped on longer rides.
    Thanks for the feedback Dawg. I just pulled the trigger on the 16" in WR green. Got a set of floaters in pink, as well as some pink ODI lock on grips on the way as well---which ought to be a nice contrast to the green. I'll post up when she's built.

  97. #497
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    It was pathetic, as far as snowfalls go, but I finally got some of the white stuff on my Monster's tires.

    Gravity Bullseye Monster-20150109_145525_resized.jpg
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

  98. #498
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    Jack,

    Thanks man, can't believe I didn't seee this deal before! I'm going to jump on it! Although, I think after I get it I'll put the missions on the 80mm since it seems like it has more traction.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackNicholls62 View Post
    congrats Andrew! best deal I've seen is the one on bikes direct 199.99 free shipping, includes tires! great deal. havent been able to pull the trigger yet myself but many have.

  99. #499
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bugout Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    186
    I can't wait for mine to get here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbird99 View Post
    It was pathetic, as far as snowfalls go, but I finally got some of the white stuff on my Monster's tires.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150109_145525_resized.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	954265

  100. #500
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wildbird99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    84
    You're gonna love it, Andrew. I have tweaked mine to my tastes, and it is nearly perfect for me now. My other bikes are collecting dust. I keep thinking that I should ride my 26er, just for comparison, but when it comes time to ride, I eagerly load up the Monster.
    Bob Muller
    Trek Farley 5
    Gravity Bullseye Monster
    Trek CrossRip Elite
    Jamis Exile
    Trek 1500

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gravity Bullseye Monster anyone?
    By formula4speed in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2016, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 06:46 AM
  3. bullseye monster
    By Milunchbox in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 10:41 AM
  4. Dawes BullsEye vs Gravity G29..Opinions Please
    By jimx200 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
  5. New Trends: Mini-Velo, Retro City, Monster Cross, Monster Tires?
    By bikesdirect in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 06:22 PM

Members who have read this thread: 127

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •